Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

This is my issue. Everytime Greenwood scores a goal we get the same tedious comments demeaning his achievements. Of course it goes the other way and you have those people who are quite happy to accept his previous transgressions because of blah blah blah. Maybe it's just me but I find the constant back and forth quite boring. It's been done a million times.
If it is boring for you, why are you even in the thread? It’s easy to avoid.

Would tuchel let him back into England team?

I don't see tuchel pandering to the media or the fa and was brought into win the world cup, not be a nice guy like gareth.
He wouldn't get into the England squad. He's nowhere near good enough.

This is my issue. Everytime Greenwood scores a goal we get the same tedious comments demeaning his achievements. Of course it goes the other way and you have those people who are quite happy to accept his previous transgressions because of blah blah blah. Maybe it's just me but I find the constant back and forth quite boring. It's been done a million times.
Well, mainly people are demeaning his character, which seems fair. And yes, it's tedious. I'd put it on ignore if I wasn't a mod.

Said this about 4 months ago and you would have thought I asked for Hitler to be reborn.

So is he is partner :lol: Apparently they are about to have their 2nd kid together & has been reported how much he has improved once he became a farther :lol:

The fans acting like they got abused by a 50 year old man for a decade just like they assumed about Greenwood rather than it being a one of case!

Don't worry! None of you are going to heaven for just thinking about the right way ;) Matthew 5:17

Now let's see who gets warned about this when I was talking purely about football whilst you bought up non footballing issues once again.

The anti Greenwood people can say whatever they want whilst the others have to keep their mouth shut.

Rubbish police.

Find a woman. If there are any in your life.

Tell them that you think people should all move on because he only violently abused one woman in his life. If she has no knowledge of the case, show her the video, audio and everything else.

Watch them Fcuking vanish from your life.

Get a Fcuking role model. Do better.

Because some people can disassociate the person with the player and might just wanna talk about his play.

They only want to discuss his good play, which irks some, for obvious reasons.

And yet they can, but it will be continually be met with people's opinions of his character.

Quality control
Find a woman. If there are any in your life.

Tell them that you think people should all move on because he only violently abused one woman in his life. If she has no knowledge of the case, show her the video, audio and everything else.

Watch them Fcuking vanish from your life.

Get a Fcuking role model. Do better.
Preachy nonsense

Because some people can disassociate the person with the player and might just wanna talk about his play.
yeah, @moses. give us a safe space where we can discuss a rapist’s work without getting bogged down in the needless hearsay around the content of their character. us lads just want to discuss how good greenwood is at football, and how good an engineer fritzl was to single-handedly build his network of caves and dungeons.

I think some (me included) are determined to never let that happen. Go and Do it in the pub. Or handle being torn apart for doing so.

Every single time I see anyone discuss him here, I’ll chip in quickly.

If people were just posting goals and marvelling at the technique or whatever… fine. But every time he does something that none of us could imagine doing, and saying he will have a great career, or could have stayed here… I’ll remind them that he also did something else that none of us would ever imagine doing.

Go somewhere else to talk about him. Or suck it up.

And those mean people don’t let you? How cruel. You truly are the victim in this whole situation.

Because I rather innocently wanted to read about his recent performance. Silly me.
You're not at the right place for that anyway.

If you think away all the discussion about his person, you're left with a few pages of posts fawning over his early matches, then weeks of silence (not just during the international break; his poorer performances and De Zerbi's comments on this were also ignored), and now again a few posts about last weekend.

So no, you wouldn't get a decent idea of his performance at Marseille here.

But also, we're just never going to pretend football exists in a societal vacuum.

Preachy nonsense

Of course it’s preachy. I want men to do a fcuk-tonne better. Engaging with women on issues of male violence is part of that.

It’s sure as fcuk not nonsense though. If you think it is, try it. Then report back. Honestly, show a woman in your life the photos, play the audio, then talk to her about it.

Grow.

Quality control
Preachy, sure; but how is it nonsense?
Because women are just like men. Loads of them will look upon this situation like loads of men will - with general disinterest.

He was a dick. Well many of us are. Most of us grow up and learn. I think women realise this just as much as men.

"Watch the women vanish from your life" - there's the nonsense, as if they're all just little ladies who hold themselves to an identical and higher standard than us men. "Watch the women glaze over" is probably closer to the truth.

Oh poor you!

I guess the mods didn't realise letting people point out that a violent domestic abuser really shouldn't be pined for was putting such a heavy strain on you guys. Perhaps they should think of the real victims in all this.

yeah, @moses. give us a safe space where we can discuss a rapist’s work without getting bogged down in the needless hearsay around the content of their character. us lads just want to discuss how good greenwood is at football, and how good an engineer fritzl was to single-handedly build his network of caves and dungeons.
Have you heard about the great Autobahn this Austrian guy build in the 30s? Marvelous work.

Because women are just like men. Loads of them will look upon this situation like loads of men will - with general disinterest.

He was a dick. Well many of us are. Most of us grow up and learn. I think women realise this just as much as men.

"Watch the women vanish from your life" - there's the nonsense, as if they're all just little ladies who hold themselves to an identical and higher standard than us men. "Watch the women glaze over" is probably closer to the truth.
Like beating and attempting to rape other people?

I don't know about you, but my dickish side spends most of it's time being condescending to idiots and doesn't have much time left for all that trivial nonsense.

Jesus Christ you’re a bad human. You make it sound like he didn’t hold a door open for a woman.

Get all the way fcuked by downplaying it. ‘He was a dick’.

Would you write off your female friends, mother, daughter, experiencing that? You’d be looking to lynch him.

Grow the fcuk up.

Are you kidding me? A "dick"? And no, women are not like men, as they unfortunately live in a society in which they are systematically discriminated against.

Oh poor you!

I guess the mods didn't realise letting people point out that a violent domestic abuser really shouldn't be pined for was putting such a heavy strain on you guys. Perhaps they should think of the real victims in all this.
No pining on my regard. Just a general irritation towards the same repeated remarks both good and bad for years and years.

What did you ask exactly?

To talk about his play in this tread and start another thread to deal with his off the field stuff. I am not condoning what he did or crying for him to come back but I wouldn't mind just talking about the on field play.

To talk about his play in this tread and start another thread to deal with his off the field stuff. I am not condoning what he did or crying for him to come back but I wouldn't mind just talking about the on field play.

Start a private message thread amongst folks that are happy to make apologies for his character. A space where you can do that without everyone else being reminded that those people exist.

To be fair, I agree with that on some level.

But it can't be only one way. If we simply have to have any mention of him on here, it has to be open to all talk.
How do we prevent such tired discourse though? The whole:

'Oh I wish we kept him. If his girlfriend forgave him then...'

Though also, those who constantly have to ram down everyone's throats that he's not the nicest chap in the world.

Is this just how it is forever?

I think all that can be said has been said and this thread should just be retired. He’s no longer a United player. The end.

No sorry, and we have explained why over and over.

Though also, those who constantly have to ram down everyone's throats that he's not the nicest chap in the world.

Yes. If it bothers you so much you're going to have to find another place to discuss his performances on the pitch (when he does well).

Yes, on here. Actions have consequences and these consequences are nothing in context.

Said this about 4 months ago and you would have thought I asked for Hitler to be reborn.

Reading the actual responses you got back then, after your description of them, and you must have one of the biggest victim complexes in the world. On top of that you're holding onto the mild pushback you received, two months later, telling stories about it.

Incredible behavior.

You simply can't. And it's very obvious why that is.

Even when there was a performance only thread and the mods tried to keep it that way, it was endless of that exact second line.

He isn't just another ex-player and those attempting to see it as that, is questionable at best. DV is a serious subject and woefully misunderstood by many, so I and others are still here to point out the attitudes to him and what he has done need to change. You have the option to simply put the thread on ignore as there's nothing stopping you from doing that and simply looking up the results/watching his games if you are so inclined. Coming back in here over and over to make a point we all know, but will never change, is fairly tiresome too...no?

Reading the actual responses you got back then, after your description of them, and you must have one of the biggest victim complexes in the world. On top of that you're holding onto the mild pushback you received, two months later, telling stories about it.

Incredible behavior.
Some of these people are so self absorbed they just can't see the bigger injustices in life than their hurt feelings.