Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

People here said they wanted to analyse and follow his performances but only seem to comment on good ones. Bit odd that.

I don't know what people said or didn't say on here spcifically regarding Greenwood. I've not been following the thread or much of any talk about him, he's not exactly my favourite person in the world.Just clicked on the thread today as it was near the top.

My point still stands in terms of how peopele use the Caf or other places, a lot of football talk is superficial. Someone scores a goal - thread bumped, they don't and it's not. Applies to so many players.

If people were giving the impression they were going to do more than that with him and now haven't then fair enough.

I don't know what people said or didn't say on here spcifically regarding Greenwood. I've not been following the thread or much of any talk about him, he's not exactly my favourite person in the world.Just clicked on the thread today as it was near the top.

My point still stands in terms of how peopele use the Caf or other places, a lot of football talk is superficial. Someone scores a goal - thread bumped, they don't and it's not. Applies to so many players.
This is quite a unique case and people argued ad nauseum about the fact they wanted to follow his career when it looked more like some odd culture war playground. The fact that people didn't comment on his poor form but chirp up when he scores does make me think.

This is quite a unique case and people argued ad nauseum about the fact they wanted to follow his career when it looked more like some odd culture war playground. The fact that people didn't comment on his poor form but chirp up when he scores does make me think.
Noone is going to post on a game he plays where he didn’t record goal/ assist etc as not many people actually watch the French league whereas if he does something a thread gets bumped whoever it is.
I wouldn’t be overthinking it to be honest !

Noone is going to post on a game he plays where he didn’t record goal/ assist etc as not many people actually watch the French league whereas if he does something a thread gets bumped whoever it is.
I wouldn’t be overthinking it to be honest !
I'm not overthinking it. I was involved with tedious back and forths as to why we should have a thread. I noticed his managers negative comments about him in the press and smiled knowing it wouldn't be mentioned by the many zealots who claimed to want to discuss his performances. One of whom was you.

We've already had this conversation and you sneered at me when I said the thread wouldn't be to discuss but would only be used to praise a scumbag.

You shouldn't be allowed to talk like this if the thread is only about his performances.

All the people who are happy he is gone get to say whatever they like but when the people who are unhappy he has gone then they get warned about sticking to the thread about his performance and keeping it at that.

I'd gladly admit to preferring him in my club than not.
You do you, I guess.

I'm not overthinking it. I was involved with tedious back and forths as to why we should have a thread. I noticed his managers negative comments about him in the press and smiled knowing it wouldn't be mentioned by the many zealots who claimed to want to discuss his performances. One of whom was you.

We've already had this conversation and you sneered at me when I said the thread wouldn't be to discuss but would only be used to praise a scumbag.

I get your point here but we typically do look at the good things players do when we don't have them anymore, the minute Fred was playing well his thread blew up and stayed quiet when he wasn't, I think there is some normality to that.

Anyway he will never return and I doubt he ever wants to but I think it's natural to keep an eye on players who used to play for you, even more so those you think do have a chance of coming back like Alvaro Fernandez I kept an eye on and James Garner for his first season at Everton

I get your point here but we typically do look at the good things players do when we don't have them anymore, the minute Fred was playing well his thread blew up and stayed quiet when he wasn't, I think there is some normality to that.

Anyway he will never return and I doubt he ever wants to but I think it's natural to keep an eye on players who used to play for you, even more so those you think do have a chance of coming back like Alvaro Fernandez I kept an eye on and James Garner for his first season at Everton

Comparing this scrote to other ex players and their performance threads is an insult to them. The club washed their hands of this mess. But it's fine. If every time he scores a goal the door is opened for us to remind the world of the utterly vile things he did then so be it.

If people want to post he hasn’t scored in x games they are free to post that . It just isn’t newsworthy I guess just like any other former player.

If people want to post he hasn’t scored in x games they are free to post that . It just isn’t newsworthy I guess just like any other former player.

Player touted for big money move misfiring is newsworthy. I know that because I read his managers comments, to the press, in the news.

i’m free if anyone else needs a hand moving the goalposts.

"applies to so many other players"

"just like any other former player"

At very best, it's willful ignorance.

i’m free if anyone else needs a hand moving the goalposts.
I think they are doing a fine job on their own. Though they might need a tug whilst watching his goal clips on repeat, so cometh the hour and all that!

Think we did the right thing letting him go. Best to set an example for young players and how they're expected to behave.

At the same time, I do hope he can reform his character. Can remember being ultra-excited by him and was poleaxed by the revelations.

However, actions have consequences and moving him on was the right thing to do.

Can see a major top team going in for him next season or so. By then it will be only his football they will talk about..
The Boy has class in his boots and Utd choose the wrong direction what a player they got shot of..
No, they really didn’t. But thanks for showing what kind of person you are

Think we did the right thing letting him go. Best to set an example for young players and how they're expected to behave.

At the same time, I do hope he can reform his character. Can remember being ultra-excited by him and was poleaxed by the revelations.

Well said.

He’s playing in the 4th tier of the French league , Bordeaux were sent down there last season
Fair enough I didn’t know that.

However I do think that the French league standard is generally poor. Not as strong as England or Spain. Mind you I also think that the German and Dutch leagues are poor too

Last edited:
Fair enough I didn’t know that.

However I do think that the French league standard is generally poor. Not as strong as England or France. Mind you I also think that the German and Dutch leagues are poor too
Presume you meant England and Spain but agreed .

Quality control
No, they really didn’t. But thanks for showing what kind of person you are
What kind of person is he then?!

I think we did the right thing getting shot of Greenwood but none of us actually know what happened between him and his girlfriend apart from him and his girlfriend. Not you, not me, not the guy you replied to.

Who the feck are you to judge people's personalities based off an opinion on an internet forum?

Just to be clear, I think (not know, none of us know) Greenwood was guilty and should have been removed from the club. However, I would never judge someone for having a different opinion based on something that has not been proved. Otherwise that would make me a self-righteous cnut

Andy Carroll has scored 5 times for Bordeaux already if you want context of the league he’s playing in
Andy Carroll is still playing professional football? And in the French 4th division? Well that was worth entering the thread for alone

I think we did the right thing getting shot of Greenwood but none of us actually know what happened between him and his girlfriend apart from him and his girlfriend. Not you, not me, not the guy you replied to.

Who the feck are you to judge people's personalities based off an opinion on an internet forum?

Just to be clear, I think (not know, none of us know) Greenwood was guilty and should have been removed from the club. However, I would never judge someone for having a different opinion based on something that has not been proved. Otherwise that would make me a self-righteous cnut
The kind of person who will turn a blind eye to serious allegations just because he can kick a ball well. Not hard to see what I meant was it?

It was 100% the right thing to do. We as a club and employer need to set an example to our (young) players. No player is bigger than the club.

If you had read on you’d see my admission that I didn’t know about Bordeaux
I’m not fussed with the Greenwood comparison, if anything your cockup makes the fact Andy Carroll is playing in the French 4th division even more glorious

Don’t be daft. Of course we know.

Can see a major top team going in for him next season or so. By then it will be only his football they will talk about..
The Boy has class in his boots and Utd choose the wrong direction what a player they got shot of..

Have you said that to any women in your life?

If not, do.

This post is wrong on several levels, but I'll address the bolded. Football will never be the only thing people talk about with respect to Greenwood. What he did was filmed on video, people won't stop talking about it, and rightfully so.

United have made many bad decisions since the Glazers took over, but getting rid of the scumbag was absolutely correct.

You shouldn't be allowed to talk like this if the thread is only about his performances.

All the people who are happy he is gone get to say whatever they like but when the people who are unhappy he has gone then they get warned about sticking to the thread about his performance and keeping it at that.

I'd gladly admit to preferring him in my club than not.
:lol: the true victims in all of this are those who want Greenwood to play football for their club.

He's a domestic abuser, and for those that don't give a shit, i view them as domestic abuse apologists.

Nice goal. Reminded me a bit of some of his top goals at United.

Are the reports he is meeting with Tuchel to discuss an England recall true ?

Nice goal. Reminded me a bit of some of his top goals at United.

Are the reports he is meeting with Tuchel to discuss an England recall true ?
Surely not. We don't need him, first of all, but secondly I can't see why the FA would have any stomach for it. It's not like he's so good he's impossible to leave out (not that his level should make the blindest bit of difference, given what he allegedly did).