Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

They're an extremely dodgy club. Watch them do a 1+1 and shaft us by selling him on a cheap by bloating the fee of a teammate.
Yeah I think the same. We are supposed to get 40% of the fee, and no doubt they will find some loophole to shaft us out of it.

Frustating part about Greenwood is he has scored 5 goals this season, while United as a whole have scored 2 so far.

It's always interesting/depressing to see people not understand or believe this.

We sold him, got rid, and he's not our problem anymore. The idea of supporting his football career and hoping he succeeds just for a little more cash just doesn't feel right. I kind of wish we hadn't inserted any clause so could forget about him.

What is the point of this thread now??
He has gone to another club so all we can hope is he has learnt from his errors and along with his family he can have a good life.
I hope he doesn't have a good life, because an alleged rapist and a clear domestic abuser doesn't deserve one, but anyway.

I think that’s incredibly over the top.

I think 99.9% of posters take rape extremely seriously. The issue here was that he was never charged with rape (but threatened it) and that some people struggle with girlfriend/wife rape, especially when the couple remain together.

It’s an over simplification that lots of men don’t take rape seriously, I just can’t believe that to be true. It’s just below murder as the worst of worst.
I think 99.9% of posters think they take rape extremely seriously but from what I've seen that's only in cases where it's clearly black and white, like where the rapist has been convicted.

But we all know how hard it is to get a conviction for rape and if you look at the replies/comments any time there's any nuance involved it's pretty obvious 99.9% of posters/men don't take it seriously. If someone actually takes rape seriously it shouldn't need a conviction to condemn the alleged rapist, especially in a case with such blatant evidence as this. I also don't see how you can say 99.9% of posters take it extremely seriously when there were so many who wanted him to continue playing

Yeah I think the same. We are supposed to get 40% of the fee, and no doubt they will find some loophole to shaft us out of it.

Frustating part about Greenwood is he has scored 5 goals this season, while United as a whole have scored 2 so far.
United haven't played our match this round (Liverpool) yet.

It’s weird how people seem to think he’s imprisoned in France now and the only viable big move for him is PSG.

If he knocks in 30 goals in the league this year then the likes of Barca, Atletico and even Bayern Munich will be taking a serious look at him. In a sport where Marcus Alonso literally killing someone is ignored, they will have no trouble overlooking this shit stain’s history.

Quality control
It’s weird how people seem to think he’s imprisoned in France now and the only viable big move for him is PSG.

If he knocks in 30 goals in the league this year then the likes of Barca, Atletico and even Bayern Munich will be taking a serious look at him. In a sport where Marcus Alonso literally killing someone is ignored, they will have no trouble overlooking this shit stain’s history.

Domestic violence is worse than killing in the UK bro

I hope he doesn't have a good life, because an alleged rapist and a clear domestic abuser doesn't deserve one, but anyway.
By him having a good life hopefully means his partner and child have one as well.
Hating doesn't help anyone.

Southgate had his number - the way he distinguished between him and Foden after the Iceland incident. That should have been a warning to the club.

Atletico must be kicking themselves having passed on him and spent so much money on Alvarez.

By him having a good life hopefully means his partner and child have one as well.
Hating doesn't help anyone.
Hating someone like that helps me just fine thanks. Being able to sweep something like that under the carpet the way posters like you do says way more bad things about you than me mate.

Shit like Aubamayang got 30 goals in France last season. If Greenwood doesn't score 30 it will be a shock.
People in here were stating he was done. Expected to drop out of football. He isn't, and he won't..... Thats my takeaway on this, as I was always curious.

On another note is it that people want this guy to have a shit life for the rest of existence? If so that's fine.... but wanting him to be a good person now, for his family's sake let alone football, that's not a bad thing.

The blanket accusations towards anyone that doesn't post negatively - I get it as it's an emotive subject, but it also doesn't really help anything does it?

People in here were stating he was done. Expected to drop out of football. He isn't, and he won't..... Thats my takeaway on this, as I was always curious.

On another note is it that people want this guy to have a shit life for the rest of existence? If so that's fine.... but wanting him to be a good person now, for his family's sake let alone football, that's not a bad thing.

The blanket accusations towards anyone that doesn't post negatively - I get it as it's an emotive subject, but it also doesn't really help anything does it?

Did people really say he's not a good footballer? I think the prevailing attitude of the dissenters is that they don't care?

He's gone from the Prem to La Liga and now to the French League. If he continues that trajectory he'll be signing for Shamrock Rovers in a couple of years.

You must get a lot of splinters.

Did people really say he's not a good footballer? I think the prevailing attitude of the dissenters is that they don't care?
Yes they did moses, many in this thread.... But not that deep though because as I said, it's emotive

Yes they did moses, many in this thread.... But not that deep though because as I said, it's emotive

Ok, but in the scheme of what's being discussed, why does it matter? Who really gives a shit about getting due credit for the footballing talents of an abuser? There are better campaigns.

Want him to be a good person, fine, but implying the unapologetic abuser is, (for example because he's still with the victim) that's different.

And a crucial difference.

Not enough. If Aubameyang scored 30 goals there, Greenwood would need about 40 goals for big clubs to take notice.

Want him to be a good person, fine, but implying the unapologetic abuser is, (for example because he's still with the victim) that's different.

And a crucial difference.
Agreed, we don't know

He's gone from the Prem to La Liga and now to the French League. If he continues that trajectory he'll be signing for Shamrock Rovers in a couple of years.
Getafe to Marseille is an upward trajectory, especially under new ownership and RDZ.

He will be back at Old Trafford in the Champions League with Marseille or a bigger club in the not too distant future. The likelihood of him scoring against Utd would seem to be pretty high.

Interesting to go through some of the comments here.

Essentially its a very simple situation.
If you are not proud of the club you allegedly support for choosing morals, and decency as an example for young people and all walks of life, over some runt even if he is the next Messi on crack in a game of a bunch of dudes running after a ball on grass trying to kick it past a dude with gloves between two sticks in the ground, you should probably have a real hard look at the mirror and ask yourself “why am I wasting all this perfectly good air to breath?

Also, this whole situation would’ve been easily avoided if the girl’s dad did his job before ending up in prison after doing his duty.
But that’s a different story.

Its really not that complicated.

I don't think people want him to have a shit life per se, but considering he's never admitted any wrong doing, I think it's fair game to be constantly reminded of his abhorrent behavior.

Also, I don't think anyone thought he was done, just no where near he player he was being touted as being last season. He's also stepped down a league and joined a better side in said league. I think people then claiming he's somehow better than everything we've got is very debatable, but no one should be saying he's "washed" and no one should be claiming he'd walk into our side too.

I don't think people want him to have a shit life per se, but considering he's never admitted any wrong doing, I think it's fair game to be constantly reminded of his abhorrent behavior.
Exact. As long as he doesn't acknowledge what happened in a meaningful way, I wouldn't be able to hope anything good for him.
Domestic violence is worse than killing in the UK bro
I suppose you don't mean this literally, so what are you trying to say here?