Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

We just have had very shit luck as a club over the last decade. We 100% did the right thing but his career will forever be a what if for us. What if being if he wasn’t a wanker

Two beautiful and well-taken goals. He really has found his form again, we really were not wrong about the potential we thought he had. He seems even better than he was before. Probably coaching from RdZ has taken his game up a notch.

The first goal was a proper strikers' goal. Remember Ole using him on the wing.
I think De Zerbi uses him on the wing as well. He’s just very good and can find the goal from wherever he is placed in the attack.

Just imagine him laughing like a Hyena. All will be fine then. No ragrets letting him go.

cheating for a decade with your brother's wife is a less version of domestic violence. One case is the spur of moment madness, the other is repeated dickhead acts that last for a decade. Saying there's no equivalence at all is weird.

But yeah. I'm probably just too stupid to understand it.
You think Greenwood's behaviour was a one off "moment of madness"? Seriously?

What is the point of this thread now??
He has gone to another club so all we can hope is he has learnt from his errors and along with his family he can have a good life.

For all the clowns that wanted to keep him, did you ever hear the voice recording? It was absolutely vile, demeaning, and down right disturbing.

People keep saying this but I personally feel a LOT of fans still wanted him. The media painted a picture of how bad it was going to be and our leadership crumbled.

The fans didnt stop his come back at United, the media did. I doubt he would have got boo’d at OT for example.

From the athletic:

By Friday late afternoon, a backlash across season-ticket holders, fans, supporters’ groups, members of parliament and even charities that support female victims of abuse had combined to force a rethink.

That same evening, United’s most senior decision-makers engaged in crisis meetings. Very quickly, despite a plan for reintegration that had gone through more than a dozen iterations, the only questions that remained centred on the next steps as United weighed up an exit strategy.

Make no mistake, had the fans backed Arnold, he’d be playing for us now.

Last edited:
People are always going to be interested in discussing him, he's a former United player, he's presently the top scorer in Ligue 1and we have a massive sell on clause on him.

I also hope he's learned from his errors, I have my doubts, but I hope.
The non football negative threads will outweigh everything else so while it will always get attention it will be the same old regurgitated shite so that is why it should be shut down.
But now watch for the regurgitation.

Richard Arnold and his colleagues drove what the club does. They are the representatives of Manchester United Football Club.

It is one of the great failings of United as an institution that they ever got as far as they did in trying to bring Greenwood back. It's a credit to fans that they've hit back on unpopular decisions. But that doesn't wash away the action then club took to get there. We tried bringing Greenwood back. That's enough to damage United's image as a club.
As a Utd employee, he was never coming back, not only was the Women's team against him being on the same site but female staff in general threatened not to work at Carrington, He returned to Carrington for a few days in the pre-season for medical assessments prior to him being sold......He will never play for Utd again

From the athletic:

By Friday late afternoon, a backlash across season-ticket holders, fans, supporters’ groups, members of parliament and even charities that support female victims of abuse had combined to force a rethink.

That same evening, United’s most senior decision-makers engaged in crisis meetings. Very quickly, despite a plan for reintegration that had gone through more than a dozen iterations, the only questions that remained centred on the next steps as United weighed up an exit strategy.

Make no mistake, had the fans backed Arnold, he’d be playing for us now.
Also if he wasn't a rapist he'd be playing for us now.

As a Utd employee, he was never coming back, not only was the Women's team against him being on the same site but female staff in general threatened not to work at Carrington, He returned to Carrington for a few days in the pre-season for medical assessments prior to him being sold......He will never play for Utd again

Aye, he refuses to admit it but people who feel so strongly against Greenwood should be ashamed of the former CEO and extremely proud of the club.

Aye, he refuses to admit it but people who feel so strongly against Greenwood should be ashamed of the former CEO and extremely proud of the club.
I'm sure there were other senior executives, ETH included that backed the move to bring him back.

I'm sure there were other senior executives, ETH included that backed the move to bring him back.

If really doesn’t matter, they aren’t the club. The fans are.

I think our fans already think the Glazers and Arnold/Woodward are pieces of shit for multiple reasons. But the fans are the club.

I’ll repeat, had the fans backed Arnold, Greenwood would be playing here, they didn’t, and he’s not.

To make out ultimately deciding to never let a generational talent ever play for the club again is the biggest stain on our legacy is unbelievable. Some executives wanted it, and even they backtracked at breakneck pace once the felt the fan anger.
I’m not even slightly convinced other clubs or their fans, or even the media would rally together in the same situation. Alonso actually fecking killed people and was welcomed at Chelsea.
I think it’s testament to our club that despite our shit situation and despite him being a generational talent, he ultimately never kicked a ball for us again.

Last edited:
Big money move to PSG next season? Do we also get to purchase / increase the sell on clause that is set at 50% or was that fabricated news

Big money move to PSG next season? Do we also get to purchase / increase the sell on clause that is set at 50% or was that fabricated news
Who cares? It seems a strange way to spend your time, wondering if we can profit off the success of a domestic abuser.

Thankfully they weren't successful.

They were never going to be without a credible alternate explanation for the photos and audio. Which there overwhelmingly likely isn't one and the remaining probability would mean pointing the finger directly at the victim.

They were never going to be without a credible alternate explanation for the photos and audio. Which there overwhelmingly likely isn't one and the remaining probability would mean pointing the finger directly at the victim.

Yeah it's that simple. The bizarre discussion around this scumbag is genuinely depressing.

What is the keeper doing for the second goal. Thats abysmal. No real power. Bobbling straight at him and he makes a right mess of it. MG is gonna shred it over there

Would you have cared if the profit comes directly to your own pocket?

Are you asking if I would like to gain personally from the success of a rapist?

Weird question, and the answer is no.

This topic has revealed quite a lot about some posters.

You can pretend all you like that you would decline the money.

I will leave it at this.

The same as all the other ex-player threads, to say "I told you so" if he's good or if he's shite (depending on how he does).

In fairness, there is little doubt that Mason Greenwood will go on to be a really effective footballer if allowed to play and develop.

The club eventually got dragged into doing what needed to be done, and thankfully is focused on developing the players who have a future with us or recruiting where needed.

If people are waiting on Greenwood's further downfall they're going to be disappointed, and probably seething more weekends than not unless he gets injured. It's time to move on from emotional investment in the situation for our own sakes.

You can pretend all you like that you would decline the money.

I will leave it at this.
I'll just insult you and end the discussion there! How gallant! :lol:

I'm afraid your comment says nothing about me who you don't know at all but reveals lots about yourself. Well done.

That's why threads like this are useful. It shows how many people (I'm assuming it's mostly men but you never know) genuinely don't take rape seriously as a crime.

That's why threads like this are useful. It shows how many people (I'm assuming it's mostly men but you never know) genuinely don't take rape seriously as a crime.

This topic has revealed quite a lot alright.

What is the point of this thread now??
He has gone to another club so all we can hope is he has learnt from his errors and along with his family he can have a good life.
I agree looking back and suffering is only allowed in sex masochism (van gaal said it)

I think that’s incredibly over the top.

I think 99.9% of posters take rape extremely seriously. The issue here was that he was never charged with rape (but threatened it) and that some people struggle with girlfriend/wife rape, especially when the couple remain together.

It’s an over simplification that lots of men don’t take rape seriously, I just can’t believe that to be true. It’s just below murder as the worst of worst.

I think that’s incredibly over the top.

I think 99.9% of posters take rape extremely seriously. The issue here was that he was never charged with rape (but threatened it) and that some people struggle with girlfriend/wife rape, especially when the couple remain together.

It’s an over simplification that lots of men don’t take rape seriously, I just can’t believe that to be true. It’s just below murder as the worst of worst.

No, it's not over the top. This topic has revealed some really dark opinions over the two years.