Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

We don't!
And why do you choose the team with the rapist instead of one of the other ones? What’s so appealing to you, regarding the team featuring a rapist as their goalscorer?

Quality control
That doesn't answer the question.

Are you going to watch others that do or are you watching Marseille cause of Greenwood rather than 'because they have a goalscorer'?
I watch them solely because of Greenwood a great talent despite the haters here

Quality control
And why do you choose the team with the rapist instead of one of the other ones? What’s so appealing to you, regarding the team featuring a rapist as their goalscorer?
Because I'm sick and tired of the Greenwood haters here!

@moses with the amount or warning points you're dishing out here I think it would be better to just shut down the thread again. It's obvious now that saying anything remotely positive about Mason Greenwood ('s performances) or how those performances are going to make us money is going to end up in a warning and/or discussion about whether that poster is a rapist apologist or not, whether someone's moral compass is properly aligned or not.. if this whole thread only exists to facilitate people saying how much of a scumbag he is then what is the point? Nothing good has come from this thread for a long time. It has been said by mods that closing this thread remains an option, I think now is the time to do so.

@moses with the amount or warning points you're dishing out here I think it would be better to just shut down the thread again. It's obvious now that saying anything remotely positive about Mason Greenwood ('s performances) or how those performances are going to make us money is going to end up in a warning and/or discussion about whether that poster is a rapist apologist or not, whether someone's moral compass is properly aligned or not.. if this whole thread only exists to facilitate people saying how much of a scumbag he is then what is the point? Nothing good has come from this thread for a long time. It has been said by mods that closing this thread remains an option, I think now is the time to do so.
Nobody gets warned for praising his performances. It's a performance thread. I will continue to moderate as I have been while it stays open.

How much of our support is forgive and forget with Greenwood, yet angered beyond return about Erik ten Hag.

Greenwood is performing well with Marseilles, how we miss a finisher, but taking him back for so-called 'football reasons' would set a terrible precedent regarding the attitude and behaviour of our staff.

I think he flourishes under RdZ fast moving tactics and the room he finds for a shot is a keen reminder of his talent. Redolent of Solskjaer.

But, saying this, the club did the right thing (belatedly) removing him.

If I know anything about this place, it's that the staff LOVE being told how to moderate the site.
:lol:

I know I'm on thin ice here but it's obvious that this thread is a shitestorm and has been for ages. Feels like there's just no point in keeping this open.

:lol:

I know I'm on thin ice here but it's obvious that this thread is a shitestorm and has been for ages. Feels like there's just no point in keeping this open.
Yet here we all are chatting like a bunch of old pals.

I don't disagree with you by the way. I'd rather have no thread, but if there is a thread it's not going to be a shrine to an abuser, no matter how good he is at football. And it's definitely not going to be a space where rape or domestic abuse is trivialised or mitigated in any way. No matter how subtle.

And like clockwork another newbie turns up in here with their awful opinion on this subject, colour me shocked.

Yeah we have differently aligned moral compasses. That's been made clear over a few topics.

I'm not saying the club shouldn't accept the fee, I'm just not ok with it being used as a way to cheer on an abuser on this forum.
Just to be clear from the off I am glad he has gone and should never return (I would maybe reconsider if some of what some of have said happened eg he came forward and made statements/apologies/seek forgiveness etc).

That said I don't really feel comfortable with the "excitement" some have shown about the clauses in his contract whereby the club maybe looking at a windfall in cash along the line.

I would be far happier if we didn't accept the fee. Now that would be a statement for a club I've supported for a long time.

For me, and I'm sure some will disagree, the whole thing has been a mess. I think him not coming out and addressing things and making apologies etc makes everything more sordid. Including making money from him.

That's all very moral of you. However, I'm pretty confident that the club will happily reap the rewards of any future fee we receive for Greenwood.

Yes. We have unethical disaster capitalists as owners. So what?

A real club wouldn’t have included that sell on clause.

We are perfectly entitled to profit on the player. We spent years developing him into the player he is today.

Look, this has been done hundreds of times over.

You think we should profit off of him.

I find that abhorrent.

If I was being fair, I’d say ‘We had a child at the club and didn’t provide him with the right level of care and education to avoid him becoming a disgusting man’. Profiting off that failure is just utterly disgusting. Really awful stuff.

The whole situation has been detrimental to everyone involved. Including you and I. Keeping our club finances attached to the situation has been the worst thing the club has done in my lifetime.

Anyone celebrating his success because we will get a few quid, is a bad person in my eyes. This all coming from a person who genuinely believes in reform. I don’t think rapists or murderers should be locked up forever or pushed to the margins of society until they die. I think if even the worst of crimes are committed, and the right path is followed, humans can move on, and a just society should allow it, however difficult. In absence of any admission, contrition, and ownership of action… No. Never. Not even off the start line.

So yeah, clap for money all you like.

What's the agenda?

Every time we have crossed paths you make clear that you aren't a fan of mine and feels like you are looking for something that wasn't there, nothing I said was wrong in any way, I was pointing out that he clearly is playing well and if he gets a move it could be good for us as we get financially reimbursed.

He read the OP I'd say.

I read the OP, nothing I said contradicts it in any way, I had previously said things that would go against those rules but that was in the old thread, I've not pinned for him back, spoke about what he did wrong - Simply said it would be good for the club if we can get some more money in.

Every time we have crossed paths you make clear that you aren't a fan of mine and feels like you are looking for something that wasn't there, nothing I said was wrong in any way, I was pointing out that he clearly is playing well and if he gets a move it could be good for us as we get financially reimbursed.
And I said that was in bad taste. Others clearly agree.

And you got a one point warning. If I had an agenda I'd surely have given you more and then give you another one for taking the thread off topic with your new found sensitivity and victim complex.

Two other people got three pointers for similar. I have an agenda in this thread, but it's not against you my dear.

And I said that was in bad taste. Others clearly agree.

And you got a one point warning. If I had an agenda I'd surely have given you more and then give you another one for taking the thread off topic with your new found sensitivity and victim complex.

Two other people got three pointers for similar. I have an agenda in this thread, but it's not against you my dear.
You tend to attack the person with a different opinion, here by saying that I'm now sensitive, have a victim complex and being condescending by calling me "Your Dear", I'm not the one putting the personal in it, I was showing why you were wrong and it seems you feel differently so I don't have a choice but to accept it but genuinely so you know, I didn't infer anything - Genuinely just hoped we could get some more money in but I'll leave it there, don't wish to fight.

We are perfectly entitled to profit on the player. We spent years developing him into the player he is today.

Doesn't sit right with me, this approach if I'm honest.

Not sure how to express this bit, for me if he was that much of an asset to the club then more maybe should have been done about keeping him. It would have been no different than profiting off him.

And no I am not saying I want a rapist at the club because he was a good footballer. I find it difficult to express in written form on a forum.

What I'm trying to say is we should have just got shot. Terminated his contract and if he then independently gets another team it's on him. We have washed our hands off him.

What I mean by "maybe done more to keep him" would have entailed getting him to own up to his actions, apologies, do something that would go some way to redeem his character and the situation. I'm not sure what would have been enough.

To me profiting off him with no consequence is worse than doing the above.

Hopefully that makes sense? I've probably expressed it wrong but the point is profiting off of him is wrong too, in my head

You tend to attack the person with a different opinion, here by saying that I'm now sensitive, have a victim complex and being condescending by calling me "Your Dear", I'm not the one putting the personal in it, I was showing why you were wrong and it seems you feel differently so I don't have a choice but to accept it but genuinely so you know, I didn't infer anything - Genuinely just hoped we could get some more money in but I'll leave it there, don't wish to fight.

I didn't attack you. I gave you a one point warning and explained why. Others have gotten the same warning. Some didn't comment. A few did so by PM but you have turned it into a public spat and accused me of having an agenda. If there was any attack, it was you accusing me.

Yes. I was being condescending. I lack the patience for most discussions around rapists and any silver linings.

And yes, I did say new found sensitivity. Because personally I saw your initial post as very insensitive in the context of alleged rape and domestic abuse.

I read the OP, nothing I said contradicts it in any way, I had previously said things that would go against those rules but that was in the old thread, I've not pinned for him back, spoke about what he did wrong - Simply said it would be good for the club if we can get some more money in.
It is fairly obvious that you are trying to skirt around the guidelines and that you don't consider Greenwood's behaviour as problematic at all.

When all is said and done, United are likely to profit from Greenwood at some point, if the club really wants to make a statement then they should use whatever they get to fund something that benefits and helps victims of domesric abuse/rape in the Manchester area, a safe refuge perhaps

Yeah the quality control/warnings are getting a bit silly now as there doesn't seem to be much balance in terms of giving them to those taking the thread off topic.

Yeah the quality control/warnings are getting a bit silly now as there doesn't seem to be much balance in terms of giving them to those taking the thread off topic.
The only ones going off topic are the ones violating the rules in the OP.

I didn't attack you. I gave you a one point warning and explained why. Others have gotten the same warning. Some didn't comment. A few did so by PM but you have turned it into a public spat and accused me of having an agenda. If there was any attack, it was you accusing me.

Yes. I was being condescending. I lack the patience for most discussions around rapists and any silver linings.

And yes, I did say new found sensitivity. Because personally I saw your initial post as very insensitive in the context of alleged rape and domestic abuse.

You’re doing the lords work Brutha.

There was a case this week in America (Denver I think it was). A man had raped his daughter and sexual interfered with his two step kids. When the mother refused couples counselling, she was jailed, while he remains free.

That’s a disgusting story, and so far removed from this thread topic to be deleted perhaps.

But indulging these pathetic people online, giving them so much rope and trusting themselves to not hang themselves with it… then watching them complain about how tight the noose is as we all collectively try to untie it… I truly believe that it alls goes into the same pot. The same toxic male attitudes towards female sexual violence. Indulging the ‘both side-its’ in good faith… witnessing doubling down at every turn, the whining. It feels so self defeating.

If they want to celebrate our club receiving money for someone that did what he did, fine. I just really don’t see the value in them having any voice in this space. You can find his goals elsewhere. They could discuss it wherever they like, just not here.

But anyway, I know the site stance, I get it, so well done for policing it somewhat.

Reactions: moses