Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Exact. As long as he doesn't acknowledge what happened in a meaningful way, I wouldn't be able to hope anything good for him.

I suppose you don't mean this literally, so what are you trying to say here?
It starts with "w" and ends with "oke mob".

What would be meaningful to you?
I couldn't say. I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship and what happened, so I'll consider that if ever Greenwood does talk about it.

I couldn't say. I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship and what happened, so I'll consider that if ever Greenwood does talk about it.
He basically needs to come out and say something along the lines of "I know what I did was wrong, I'm lucky that my partner has chosen to forgive me and that I am fortunate that I have been able to continue my career"

Is it farfetched to deduce that he's made some meaningful change in his personal life considering what's taken place? A continued relationship and a baby.
Who knows? That's the thing with domestic violence, it can all look fine on the surface but behind closed doors it's a different story the vast majority of the time. My sister went through it so I know.

Quality control
Who knows? That's the thing with domestic violence, it can all look fine on the surface but behind closed doors it's a different story the vast majority of the time. My sister went through it so I know.
Fair enough, time will tell. I feel like some of us want to assume the worst, and some of us want to assume the best.

That's a pathetic cop out and you know it.

We all assume loads of things all the time. But in situations like this? Why inject yourself like that.
That poster showed in the old thread exactly what his opinion on MG is so I wouldn't waste your time with him anymore mate.

That poster showed in the old thread exactly what his opinion on MG is so I wouldn't waste your time with him anymore mate.
I appreciate the heads up mate. I forget the names of them all in that thread, but I don't forget the tells and the plain pathetic excuses for the views.

But it's such a shame people can't read and learn.

I appreciate the heads up mate. I forget the names of them all in that thread, but I don't forget the tells and the plain pathetic excuses for the views.

But it's such a shame people can't read and learn.
Yep completely agree, it's sad.

Alright. You have a nice day.
Don't say things you don't mean. That's the problem when pretending to sit on the fence or be reasonable with unreasonable views, you try to hide behind words and yet expose yourselves with them. When you should just stand by what you really think and let the proverbial chips fall.

Domestic violence and rape are very different to "other things in life". Your attempts to trivialise "all things" in life as the same, are very strange at best. If you don't understand that, then you really do need to have a proper think about what it is you mean and actually want to say.

Don't say things you don't mean. That's the problem when pretending to sit on the fence or be reasonable with unreasonable views, you try to hide behind words and yet expose yourselves with them. When you should just stand by what you really think and let the proverbial chips fall.

Domestic violence and rape are very different to "other things in life". Your attempts to trivialise "all things" in life as the same, are very strange at best. If you don't understand that, then you really do need to have a proper think about what it is you mean and actually want to say.
Hey, I was just trying to say agree to disagree in a different way. I don't see enough value in us going back and forth on here, real life would be better as tone and intent would register on a higher scale.

Hey, I was just trying to say agree to disagree in a different way. I don't see any value in us going back and forth on here, real life would be better as tone and intent would register on a higher scale.
And in real life you would have to explain exactly what you disagree with, no?

So tell me, what about what I've said to you do you disagree with? I'm more than happy to have a reasonable conversation and try to understand, but you have to put your side forward.

People really don't want to read and learn about the subject they are talking about. Despite being linked to information in all these Greenwood threads.

It's quiet sad and pathetic.

Yep. Zero tolerance on that bullshit from here.

"Can we not assume everything is ok and let us consume football without any moral complications?" WTF?

Quality control
Was always going to bang goals in at an easier league, not surprising really, hopefully he secures a big transfer and we see more funds from it

No it isn't. We want all of our ex players to maximize our ability to spend.

There is a huge overlap between players who were initially mitigating his actions, now desperate to say anything positive about the abuser, whether it be about his imagined or assumed new leaf or that he will tear it up and reward us with hus sell on clause.

It's distasteful.

But on brand for you.

There is a huge overlap between players who were initially mitigating his actions, now desperate to say anything positive about the abuser, whether it be about his imagined or assumed new leaf or that he will tear it up and reward us with hus sell on clause.

It's distasteful.

But on brand for you.
He was a player who was moved on by us with a sell on clause. Just like many others, it is in our best interests that Marseille sell him on for as big a fee as possible. That's all there is to it.

He was a player who was moved on by us with a sell on clause. Just like many others, it is in our best interests that Marseille sell him on for as big a fee as possible. That's all there is to it.

Nah. He's a scumbag and profiting off him doesn't sit well.

Especially as it's just another avenue for weirdos to cheerlead for him.

Nah. He's a scumbag and profiting off him doesn't sit well.

Especially as it's just another avenue for weirdos to cheerlead for him.
That's all very moral of you. However, I'm pretty confident that the club will happily reap the rewards of any future fee we receive for Greenwood.

That's all very moral of you. However, I'm pretty confident that the club will happily reap the rewards of any future fee we receive for Greenwood.
Yeah we have differently aligned moral compasses. That's been made clear over a few topics.

I'm not saying the club shouldn't accept the fee, I'm just not ok with it being used as a way to cheer on an abuser on this forum.

Yeah we have differently aligned moral compasses. That's been made clear over a few topics.

I'm not saying the club shouldn't accept the fee, I'm just not ok with it being used as a way to cheer on an abuser on this forum.
Yeah, I'm not sure anyone is cheering Greenwood on as he scores bucketloads of goals purely for the joy of that sweet, sweet cash. That would be an odd way to view football. Though I guess it's a convenient excuse to mask over the fact that they can't help but continue to love the player.

My own perspective is that I don't care how a player does when they leave United. That's the same for every player.

Can we stop this? It's distasteful at best.

Why is it distasteful? I'm not wishing him the best or even saying I would like him back at Manchester United - I simply hope that what is factual (Him scoring a lot) means we get more money out of it.

That's not an issue on quality control at all, feels like you are trying to shut me down because my opinion is different.

Why is it distasteful? I'm not wishing him the best or even saying I would like him back at Manchester United - I simply hope that what is factual (Him scoring a lot) means we get more money out of it.

That's not an issue on quality control at all, feels like you are trying to shut me down because my opinion is different.

See my posts above.

See my posts above.
It doesn't apply to me as I wasn't "Cheering on an abuser", I was saying that I hope as a result of the reality we are in that we can benefit from it by getting more money.

I never said I hope he scores loads of goals, I'm saying that if it continues and he gets a transfer (It wouldn't matter to me what club he played for if he is playing football) but that I would want us to benefit from him playing somewhere else, think you are overly sensitive here and looking for things that aren't said or implied.