Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

There is going to be so much of that, I get tempted to argue with them every time but it really isn't worth it.
It is pointless to argue with those kind of posters. Simply put them on ignore or report the post since lamenting his loss is strictly against the thread rules laid out in the OP.

Good for him? He shouldn't be playing, he should be blacklisted from football for his heinous acts.

I mean the top clubs spoke this summer and werent interested. That doesnt mean they wont think its blown over in a year or two and be interested, but it may.

But you want Uefa to ban him?

That much is obvious. His football talent was never in question.
We already know this. He was and still is better than all our attackers. He’s very clinical. Something we don’t have upfront

Do you think Marselle's fans were cheering when he scored those goals?

Anyway. It's France League, and strikers find it a bit easier to score goals than PL. Although that doesn't hide the quality of his goal though.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Velodrome exploded when he scored his first goal

I bet Old Trafford would too. Just like Giggs after his scandal, if he continued to play in high performance, people would still cheer for him.

but it's all hypothetical.

Even if he would have improved our scoring record this season, I wouldn’t have him here. He’s a fecking piece of shit and I’m glad that we got rid of him. Some things are bigger than football.

Even if he would have improved our scoring record this season, I wouldn’t have him here. He’s a fecking piece of shit and I’m glad that we got rid of him. Some things are bigger than football.

That should go without saying. For everyone with an ounce of moral fibre. Yet here we are. This thread is such a blight on redcafe.

That should go without saying. For everyone with an ounce of moral fibre. Yet here we are. This thread is such a blight on redcafe.
It’s a weird one all right. Like can we not just shut down all talk of him now he’s officially gone? A thread where people can fawn over him and go on about how great he is and how we could use him is just so pointless and ill natured.

He’s a massive piece of shit, and he’s done, shut down all discussion and let us move the feck on. Anyone who moans can feck off somewhere else to *** over him.

It’s a weird one all right. Like can we not just shut down all talk of him now he’s officially gone? A thread where people can fawn over him and go on about how great he is and how we could use him is just so pointless and ill natured.

He’s a massive piece of shit, and he’s done, shut down all discussion and let us move the feck on. Anyone who moans can feck off somewhere else to *** over him.

Yup. They can learn some French and hang out on a message board with the fans of the team he plays for. I’ll get the lessons started for them. The French for rapist is violeur.

It bugs me seeing how good he is. He shouldn't be playing, but he is and he is still insanely good despite 2 years out.

People in football have short memories relatively, I can see him being back at a top club within the next 2 years. His quality seems to outweigh other thoughts for the powers that be sadly. I don't think he will come back (nor should he) but I fully expect he has his supporters within the club pushing for it when they can

I dont get why people getting all hung up on him now. What's done is done, you can understand why he was sold. He will turn his career around and maybe get a big move elsewhere and you know what, we get 50% of the proceeds. Personally I would have given him a second chance but I am not hung up about this, it's over. We are just saying all this because how rubbish we have been.

Keep calm, Obi Martin is here.

We've had a change of structure in senior positions focusing on the first team, but we don't need to change what's going on with the academy. Seems like every few years it produces a star, and some stars shine brighter than others.

Hopefully he's turning it around off the pitch as well as on the pitch. That's what's best for everyone....

He's a the greatest stain on United's legacy as a club. The fact we tried to reintegrate him into the squad will forever sour me on Ten Hag and everyone above him who tried to make it happen. Also makes me dislike all of the current and former United players who clearly remain friends with him. Scum by association.

He's a huge talent and will probably very soon become too big for Marseille to keep. But he's so toxic that I doubt any of the super clubs will ever touch him.

I bet Old Trafford would too. Just like Giggs after his scandal, if he continued to play in high performance, people would still cheer for him.

but it's all hypothetical.
And it's a beyond stupid comparison in the first place anyway.

I don't think he will come back (nor should he) but I fully expect he has his supporters within the club pushing for it when they can

I doubt he has any meaningful support among United executives at this point. Especially since the entire United hierarchy from manager to owner have changed since Jan of 2022. The priority now is turn the ship around at all costs.

The most annoying thing is that we just miss a player like him. 5 goals in 3 games. That’s quite an amazing start.

Do you think Marselle's fans were cheering when he scored those goals?

Anyway. It's France League, and strikers find it a bit easier to score goals than PL. Although that doesn't hide the quality of his goal though.
Exactly. It’s the way he scores goals. He scored some crackers for us aswell, and more times than not his shots do go on target no matter the angle or distance.

He's a the greatest stain on United's legacy as a club. The fact we tried to reintegrate him into the squad will forever sour me on Ten Hag and everyone above him who tried to make it happen. Also makes me dislike all of the current and former United players who clearly remain friends with him. Scum by association.

He's a huge talent and will probably very soon become too big for Marseille to keep. But he's so toxic that I doubt any of the super clubs will ever touch him.
I'm sure there would have been a few more "stains" on club before smart phones and social media existed.

There is going to be so much of that, I get tempted to argue with them every time but it really isn't worth it.

It'll happen all season and beyond. If they want to pine after the type of person who's done the things he has then I say just let em.
You’re not wrong. Thank you for the perspective. I think I’ll follow your lead.

Ridiculously over the top. Hasn’t trained, nor kicked a ball for the club since the allegations came out.
If United had their way they would have brought Greenwood back. We know that United were preparing a PR push to rehabilitate his image and manage his transition back into the side. They had conducted surveys amongst staff to gauge their reaction.

But for some great reporting from Adam Crafton, breaking the story when he did, Greenwood was absolutely coming back