Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Seems he still has the talent then, shame how it turned out...

I hate that he’s such a horrid person. Amazing player but could have never ever played for us again. Unlikely he’ll ever play in England.

If he continues to bang them in, i could see a PL club going for him and him also playing for England. PSG, Barca and Real (maybe even Bayern) could be in for him, that is why i dont think the PL is as hot as it would be otherwise. He has no reason to return, as top clubs will line up for him (unless super home sick and needs England). For the NT, obviously would need a couple of years to settle down, but i woudlnt be so sure that he wont get called up at some point, especially once Harry is done and England need some goals.

I know it’s French league but that’s some start he’s having. One can only wonder how good he would be without all this mess

Didnt he play competitive games for England?

A single one it seems in a competitive match (2020, Iceland, subbed in). Which used to be definitive in the past IIRC but per wiki the FIFA changed it in 2021 :

"Under the new regulations, players can switch national teams, even if they have played in an official competition for the first nation (unless the match was in the tournament phases of the World Cup or a continental competition), provided they played in three or fewer competitive matches and the appearance(s) occurred before the player turned 21."

A single one it seems in a competitive match (2020, Iceland, subbed in). Which used to be definitive in the past IIRC but per wiki the FIFA changed it in 2021 :

"Under the new regulations, players can switch national teams, even if they have played in an official competition for the first nation (unless the match was in the tournament phases of the World Cup or a continental competition), provided they played in three or fewer competitive matches and the appearance(s) occurred before the player turned 21."
I know this rule but must have missed his declaration that he now wants to represent Jamaica. A matter of time before they call him up I guess? Unless it would be hugely unpopular there

I know this rule but must have missed his declaration that he now wants to represent Jamaica. A matter of time before they call him up I guess? Unless it would be hugely unpopular there
Shteve will call him up at the first opportunity

Shteve will call him up at the first opportunity
I forgot he’s their coach now :lol: tough stuff because he’s instantly become their best player and with Bailey also around it starts to look like one of the better Jamaican sides in history, but to call him up would get very ugly

He was always an outrageous finisher in front of goal especially from crazy angles. And he will also always be a gigantic piece of shit I want nowhere near this club. I’m glad we are permanently rid.

It was always going to take him a full season to get back up to his previous level.

If he continues to bang them in, i could see a PL club going for him and him also playing for England. PSG, Barca and Real (maybe even Bayern) could be in for him, that is why i dont think the PL is as hot as it would be otherwise. He has no reason to return, as top clubs will line up for him (unless super home sick and needs England). For the NT, obviously would need a couple of years to settle down, but i woudlnt be so sure that he wont get called up at some point, especially once Harry is done and England need some goals.

Arsenal probably.

This thread is going to be like the Ronaldo thread every time he scores isn’t it?

It makes things so much worse that he'd walk into our team in probably 2 positions. If we start doing well it won't matter how Greenwood is doing. But for as long as he's scoring for fun and we're having shit served up to us it will be insufferable.

I've never muted a thread before, but I might have to..

Not a mistake if you actually have a soul. Some things trump money and goals.

There is going to be so much of that, I get tempted to argue with them every time but it really isn't worth it.

It'll happen all season and beyond. If they want to pine after the type of person who's done the things he has then I say just let em.

It's funny now ligue 1 is no longer a farmers league in this thread, yet seems to be classed as such everywhere else.

Tremendous start from him, he'll certainly have suitors in no time if he keeps this up. I still don't ever see him back in the prem, it would be absolutely mental for a club to put them and him under that scrutiny.