Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Overly sensitive?

We've been discussing and moderating the discussion of this rapist for two years and we're bored of it to be honest.

Every now and then, like clockwork, someone pops up with the seemingly original thought to them that we should allow a football only chat for this piece of shit and those who think that as a football discussion board that should be fine.

Not saying this applies to anyone in this discussion today but there is often a correlation between those mitigating his actions and those wanting a football only chat. Personally I would ban them, because they are identifiable so be thankful there are more patient voices than mine around.

In case nobody noticed the club we support moved Greenwood on for his off the field actions, so the idea we should create some sort of safe space to discuss the footballing progress of a piece of shit is quite frankly ridiculous and at this stage, tedious.

So when the next genius brings it up, for the 25th time in two years, expect more overly sensitive reactions.
giphy.webp

it sounds to me like you’re trying to defend him. He shouldn’t even have a career never mind one which makes him millions of pounds, he’s a disgrace and anyone who supports him can feck off.

Didn't mention a single word about supporting him. We have just revisited this every thread about him. You can no longer even see anything about the games.

If you wanna see what he's doing for Marseille it's not hard to google it is it?

A) Partner doesn't equal wife?
B) He raped her? Or she allowed him to enter the premises?
C) She couldn't terminate the pregnancy and leave him if she wanted to?
D) Does that mean she didn't forgive him and is held against her will?
You really need to take a look at yourself.

Overly sensitive?

We've been discussing and moderating the discussion of this rapist for two years and we're bored of it to be honest.

Every now and then, like clockwork, someone pops up with the seemingly original thought to them that we should allow a football only chat for this piece of shit and those who think that as a football discussion board that should be fine.

Not saying this applies to anyone in this discussion today but there is often a correlation between those mitigating his actions and those wanting a football only chat. Personally I would ban them, because they are identifiable so be thankful there are more patient voices than mine around.

In case nobody noticed the club we support moved Greenwood on for his off the field actions, so the idea we should create some sort of safe space to discuss the footballing progress of a piece of shit is quite frankly ridiculous and at this stage, tedious.

So when the next genius brings it up, for the 25th time in two years, expect more overly sensitive reactions.
Lovely post.

Lovely post.
I'm not saying he doesn't have a pt and we re obviously talking a player with United ties to make this a more sensitive topic. But in some ways lets be consistent then and close discussion for any other player with a certain history. We can probably come up with a substantial list.

A) Partner doesn't equal wife?
B) He raped her? Or she allowed him to enter the premises?
C) She couldn't terminate the pregnancy and leave him if she wanted to?
D) Does that mean she didn't forgive him and is held against her will?
I remember my boss in my old role (finamcial services, highly regulated) used to say: "If you're unsure about whether you should do or say something, ask yourself does it pass the newspaper test."

So imagine the same principle on here. Before you post something, imagine if it ended up published in the paper for all your family, friends and loved ones to see. I'd like to see how different this thread would be if everyone applied the same principle.

Didn't mention a single word about supporting him. We have just revisited this every thread about him. You can no longer even see anything about the games.
There are other football boards around if you want to discuss scumbag deviants hiding out as footballers

What's sensible about not allowing people to acknowledge what he did?
You should ask rather what is the sense of insisting it must be dwelt on every second of every minute of every day his initial or name pops up in a discussion.

Personally, he is a scumbag first and foremost, one who happens to play football

I see more sense in not discussing him as a footballer.
It literally makes zero sense. Unless scumbagry is all you desire to talk about. Scumbag is not his profession. Insisting on discussing his 'scumbagrry" above all else simply turn it into a circus. Rather than raising it up as an path never to be followed.

The club booted him out but we should allow people to have an uninterrupted football discussion?
Frankly, The club booting him out holds no relevance to how he should be discussed. Literally. How he is discussed is up to any given individual. Yet there will always be a sensible way to do it and the opposite. Folks will choose what they wilt

And that's the sensible option?
You discuss his scumbaggry when its I actual relevant. End of story. Most people can tell when it is and isn't relevant to refer to it.

For example, if its randomly brought up in a discussion 'X is the best youth talent we have produced since MG'. That isn't the time to insist on going through a litany of his evil. Like some have been behaving since his true natural was revealed to the public.

For what it's worth, I agree with Wibble

You should ask rather what is the sense of insisting it must be dwelt on every second of every minute of every day his initial or name pops up in a discussion.
No, I think I'll decide what I ask. And if you answer then I'll answer your question. That's the way conversation works in my book.

The circus will follow him wherever he goes, it's inevitable.

If he they play another English team, he probably plays. I very much doubt they'd put him on the pitch in front of 70,000 Utd fans at OT. I think they'd have more sense than that.
As I said earlier. If a Figo could play at the Nou Camp with bad blood his move caused. Any opposing side with him as their key star will not give a flying fig about the sensibilities of 70,000 at OT. Nor anywhere else in.U.K. Frankly as a United fan I'm just glad he is no longer our problem as a club nor fan base.

This naivety people have the he will just fade into oblivion or be restricted due to their sensibilities is wishful thinking. He was an elite level talent at the sport before this started and that hasn't changed. To the chagrin of many he will reach the top of the sport. Most against it should just hope he doesn't make a huge success of it ala Kobe Bryant did post his scandal

As I said earlier. If a Figo could play at the Nou Camp with bad blood his move caused. Any opposing side with him as their key star will not give a flying fig about the sensibilities of 70,000 at OT. Nor anywhere else in.U.K. Frankly as a United fan I'm just glad he is no longer our problem as a club nor fan base.

This naivety people have the he will just fade into oblivion or be restricted due to their sensibilities is wishful thinking. He was an elite level talent at the sport before this started and that hasn't changed. To the chagrin of many he will reach the top of the sport. Most against it should just hope he doesn't make a huge success of it ala Kobe Bryant did post his scandal
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're going on about.

United did the only right thing here, our and his loss but ultimately it was the right decision. Hope he does well and we cash in.

These last few pages are just filled with whataboutery and people downplaying what he did to his partner.

The rules are clear in the first post so not sure why people keep arguing against them.

Don't like them? Go post on a Marseille forum or twitter or something. Not difficult.

Do want to post about him? Post about his football related activity.

The mods have made their decision and people need to respect the rules whether they agree with them or not.

Figo playing for Real vs Barca and Greenwood coming back to OT are 2 entirely different scenarios.

Sorry, just realised I missed a lot of that because you can't use the quote function.

In short I disagree that the decision the club made has no bearing. The decision the club made was because he was toxic. Redcafe are just as entitled to make the same call.

a minute ago you said you didn’t care what footballers do in their private lives, and are only interested in watching him play etc. Which is it?
I don't know whether it means the same thing, but I think I said I am not interested, as in, I don't take particular interest in what they do with their lives outside of their art, not that I don't care (there is a nuance in my mind which I'm not sure which words to use to make it clearer). Like the saying goes, "never meet your heroes", I realised that celebrities are usually particularly flawed human beings (according to my values) and any knowledge of their private lives generally tilted towards the disgusting. However, sometimes stuff still filters through to me, like the Greenwood stuff (I have never brought myself to listen to the audios for fear of what I will hear but the comments from those who have are sufficiently explicit). In this case, since he seems to be getting his life together, all I can wish for him is that he turns away from vile ways and becomes a better man. Until then, I still think he is an excellent footballer and I am curious and interested to see how he picks up his career from all this.

Do you find it in any way ironic that you mock people on here as wanting to be some sort of virtue-signalling "masked superheroes" for voicing their distaste for any positive sentiment towards Greenwood, while you yourself go on to state that you don't care a single bit about what footballers do in their personal lives, yet truly hope Greenwood "has turned a leaf".

Also, people need to stop acting like it's perfectly fine to admire the footballer Greenwood as if it's a separate person to who did what he allegedly did. It's like, if you suspected your neighbour was a domestic abuser and possible rapist, would you still hold him in somewhat of a positive light because he's a good carpenter? Or is it only OK if they are a footballer?
I didn't mean to mock anyone, apologies if it sounded that way. It is more of being bored at every other positive performance-related post being followed by a "but what he did", it feels to me sort of like a holier than thou attitude. As for not caring, see above.

In my (very personal and humble) opinion, it IS fine to admire Greenwood the footballer like it is to admire Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Jackson the musician. My opinion may be vile to you but this thread exists because there are people who do not agree with you about this. I thought the rules in the OP were fine to keep a lid on discussions in the thread without repetitive discussions about his (past?) behaviour (I understand he may likely repeat, but since no new accusations have come up I choose to believe he hasn't).

The OP may even include the full story of what happened and why he is no more at United, lest anyone forgets, but this thread will always be a mess the way it is. I'm happy it's not my job to moderate this.

Did he actually do that? Genuine question, I don't know how it transpired other than there was no trial. I've had enough after hearing that audio.

Sorry, just realised I missed a lot of that because you can't use the quote function.

In short I disagree that the decision the club made has no bearing. The decision the club made was because he was toxic. Redcafe are just as entitled to make the same call.
You perhaps misunderstood me. We completly agree on that. Redcafe made the right call

I was speaking in general terms of how any given individual chooses to discuss the subject. What Redcafe for example chooses to do is based off what they value. Same as United the club. Whatever Red cafe chooses to do is their right. Folks are on THEIR platform. I fully support what they outlined in the opening page of this new thread.

I only take exception to those other om here who aren't redcafe thinking they should dicate to others how they should or should not speak on the matter. Then resorting to abuse or labels because their demands are not bowed to.

For example I might disagree with you that you'd prefer to talk of his scumbagry if he is ever brought up over any thing else about him. But I'm not about to about to label you this or that for it. Plus Id gladly defend your right to feel as you do.

I just find certain people on here who feel the need to label people "rape apologists" because they hold no interest in discussing the subject's scumbagry at every turn, utterly arsinine. Discussing the fact he has done well in a game or scored x goals for example has no relation to praising/excusing him being a rapist.

Last edited:
Mason who? I prefer to move on. He's not likely to ever play for the club again and neither would I want him to. What former players are doing at other clubs doesn't interest me. I'm only interested in the current crop we have.

Did he actually do that? Genuine question, I don't know how it transpired other than there was no trial. I've had enough after hearing that audio.
He was charged with attempted rape "only" so it's very unlikely he did. But he's still a vile scumbag so i think it's understandable if people don't always choose to make the distinction.

I didn't mean to mock anyone, apologies if it sounded that way. It is more of being bored at every other positive performance-related post being followed by a "but what he did", it feels to me sort of like a holier than thou attitude.
Or, just maybe people actually care? Seems like you haven't thought about that.

Not to mention those of us who have a deep connection with domestic abuse and whilst I'm personally not offended by people talking about how he is doing, or how good it is for that matter, I also think it's fully fair it continually gets highlighted what he did and has never taken accountability for.

He was charged with attempted rape "only" so it's very unlikely he did. But he's still a vile scumbag so i think it's understandable if people don't always choose to make the distinction.
I agree he's a vile scumbag, but I disagree with the rest.

Just the roundabout of relentlessness. It’s actually a testament to the ability for people fo say the same thing over and over again and it never get boring. Just amuses me greatly seeing the same things said every time I’m in here.
Glad domestic abuse amuses you. Your posts in this thread are disgusting.

It is. It's just that when I read that I thought I missed some terrible news.

There is a not unreasonable view that if she was prepared to record what she did then it indicates it had happened previously and on this occassion she was ready for it and therefore the balance of probabilities is that he had actually done the deed in the past.

You weere suggesting I shouldn't have an opinion because I didn't post enough in the football forums. And what part pf "So what" didn't you understand?

You are continually moaning about his behavior being mentioned. If not what are you moaning about?

And yes - very serious. You are in danger of a thread ban for taking the discussion off topic and getting the whole thread shut. Surely that is obvious?
"Supports: MK Dons". Frankly he should be perma'd just for that.

There is a not unreasonable view that if she was prepared to record what she did then it indicates it had happened previously and on this occassion she was ready for it and therefore the balance of probabilities is that he had actually done the deed in the past.
Absolutely what happened.

She had been taking photos of injuries and recording him, you don't do that on a whim.