Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

A reminder to everyone.

The thread does not exist to give Greenwood fans a protected space to discuss him in a context free bubble. The alternative - a complete ban on any mention of him including variations on "he who should not be named" - has been discussed by the moderation team.

The decision taken was to open this thread and keep the discussion in one place. See the opening post for guidelines.

Please put the thread on ignore if you don't want to see it.

If we have to close the thread completely we will - but it's currently viewed as almost inevitable that closing this thread would lead to disruption of other threads and site bans.

Two goals in three games is impressive. Hope he keeps improving and does justice to his talent.

Hopefully, he keeps making the same improvements in his personal life too. Someone that young needs every chance at redemption. It would be quite a story if he is able to learn from whatever mistakes he made and becomes a top class human being. May be some years down the line he can a become an advocate and set an example.

How hilarious to play the victim in a thread that's roughly 50% about DV. "I hope I'm not banned for saying he's a good footballer". Feck off.

Reactions: Wibble
It’s a tricky one really. Trying to censor all discussion on the player will only end badly though as it will end up polluting the forum elsewhere.

Many United fans are going to be interested in what he does in his career given he’s from the academy, and due to the fact the club itself have included a sell on percentage in the deal. I think that’s understandable.

That said those who are using it as a mechanism to spout nonsense with questionable morals should be dealt with accordingly.

Two goals in three games is impressive. Hope he keeps improving and does justice to his talent.

Hopefully, he keeps making the same improvements in his personal life too. Someone that young needs every chance at redemption. It would be quite a story if he is able to learn from whatever mistakes he made and becomes a top class human being. May be some years down the line he can a become an advocate and set an example.
An advocate for what?

Better behavior, learning from your mistakes and growing as a human, yada yada yada...

What is with this investigative questioning? Who made you the police?
It's a discussion. You made a totally baseless projection, it was worthy of being questioned.

You have moved on from mitigating his past to creating a positive hypothetical future.

Bizarre.

It's a discussion. You made a totally baseless projection, it was worthy of being questioned.
It wasn't a baseless projection, Sir. I was just expressing hope that he becomes as good a person as good as a footballer he is.

Anyway, I am out. Even hoping for him to redeem himself triggers folks and I am not here to get a rise out of anyone. I can live without commenting on his performances.

- Maybe in the future he can become an advocate for stuff
- What stuff?
- What's with all the questions, are you the police? Man, people get so triggered.

- Maybe in the future he can become an advocate for stuff
- What stuff?
- What's with all the questions, are you the police? Man, people get so triggered.

They just want to be allowed ignore the raping.

That poster was one of the main players in the mitigation circus in the old thread.

So now we ignore the actual harm and throw in some hypothetical good. Embarrassingly clumsy.

Quality control
3 goals in 2 games.

United struggling to find the net.

At least Rachel Riley is happy.

Nothing to address directly. I said what I said. You didn't have to reply.

If Mods are putting out rules, then stick to them. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Well, you seem to be struggling with a direct question. Who is breaking what rules?

Why is everything about allegations. Pretty sure I'm clear that I'm just talking about football.

What are you on about? I'm addressing your self-pitying dramatic post. Nobody has been banned for saying he is a good footballer and to insinuate they have is ridiculous.

It's a strange world in that those who seem unmoved by MG's actions are such delicate souls.

What a wonderful footballer. We desperately need that level of talent in our attack. I hope he goes on to have a wonderfully successful career at the very top of football.

What's sensible about not allowing people to acknowledge what he did?

Personally, he is a scumbag first and foremost, one who happens to play football.

I see more sense in not discussing him as a footballer.

The club booted him out but we should allow people to have an uninterrupted football discussion?

And that's the sensible option?

It's just gotten old. Everyone here knows what he did and most people know where everyone stands because it's been discussed non-stop. Not justifying what he did at all, but it would be refreshing to just talk about football at this point.

It's just gotten old. Everyone here knows what he did and most people know where everyone stands because it's been discussed non-stop. Not justifying what he did at all, but it would be refreshing to just talk about football at this point.

I think depressing is more accurate than refreshing. It would be refreshing if we did what the club did and washed our hands of him.

it sounds to me like you’re trying to defend him. He shouldn’t even have a career never mind one which makes him millions of pounds, he’s a disgrace and anyone who supports him can feck off.

So we shouldnt be able to discuss something because some dont like it? Just stay away from the thread? Why ban it? The thread is obviously popular
Honestly, why would any reasonable person want to have a discussion about Greenwood?

So everyone can fawn over him and pretend that he’s a good guy?

So we shouldnt be able to discuss something because some dont like it? Just stay away from the thread? Why ban it? The thread is obviously popular
Sexual assault, just a matter of opinion.

And again, you are allowed to discuss what a great footballer he is. It's you who have an issue with the discussion of his character.

Sure you can't even praise an abuser these days with the woke marxist lesbians piping up.

So you knew the answer to your question?

I don't get why you, out of all the people in this thread, felt it necessary to quote me, when I was just reinforcing the rules.

I know the answer to who I think broke the rules, I am asking you but you won't reply, and technically derailing the thread with vague accusations. So as I said a few posts back, speak up or leave it. If you are going to have a pop at the moderation, you are inviting questions.