Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Think you need to calm down @Wibble. You aren't coming across well and it isn't the first time.
I don't think any of the mods should calm down when it comes to any of the ridiculous 'discussion' that's goes on over this scrote. Are you another one that thinks what he did should never be brought up again?

I don't think any of the mods should calm down when it comes to any of the ridiculous 'discussion' that's goes on over this scrote. Are you another one that thinks what he did should never be brought up again?
I just don't think the poster did anything wrong to be deserving of any threats of a thread ban.

Well, my (admittedly crazy) idea was to try to prevent the tired discussions which have already been done to death and which I don’t think anyone learns anything new from but if the modmins like this thread the way it is, then so be it.

Also, I don’t think my idea implied in any way protecting him. Just protecting discussions in this thread, or don’t allow discussions at all.
I don't know if I like the idea, but either way, it would simply be far too much work to moderate. We're not going to check when Marseille plays and monitor this thread during that time; Greenwood isn't worth that kind of modmin effort.

Ultimately, the point is simple: we don't want a football-exclusive thread, we don't want a bunch of different Greenwood threads, and we don't want to ban all Greenwood discussion entirely. Then the only option is this thread. Period.

I just don't think the poster did anything wrong to be deserving of any threats of a thread ban.
Thread bans will be given easily here, it's in the nature of the thread. And even if @Amar__ is annoyed about @Wibble's misunderstanding of his intentions (although I also have no idea what @Amar__ did intend), he definitely has to tone it down. That last post was pretty low.

I don't know if I like the idea, but either way, it would simply be far too much work to moderate. We're not going to check when Marseille plays and monitor this thread during that time; Greenwood isn't worth that kind of modmin effort.

Ultimately, the point is simple: we don't want a football-exclusive thread, we don't want a bunch of different Greenwood threads, and we don't want to ban all Greenwood discussion entirely. Then the only option is this thread. Period.

Seems a fair approach to me.

And yet I was getting ban threats before that, and that post was result of revolt because the modmin was acting like a dictator towards me and accusing me of things I never said, despite me repeatedly asking him to point where I said any of that.
I agree the pile-on was unnecessary and based on a misunderstanding; but you went all personal in that one post, even bringing his son into it, and that's never OK.

Let's leave it there. Further discussion of the thread and posting styles can go to the mod/admin questions forum.

Just got an assist. Anyone seen it? They don't have rights for Ligue 1 in Norway.

Nevermind... Attributed to someone else.

3 goals in 2 games. Good start to Ligue 1 for the cvnt.

If Lacazette and Balogun can score heaps, MG will be close to 20 by the season ends.

All good mate. I've been in a similar position in the past. Not a fan of overly sensitive mods and their bullying tactics.

Overly sensitive?

We've been discussing and moderating the discussion of this rapist for two years and we're bored of it to be honest.

Every now and then, like clockwork, someone pops up with the seemingly original thought to them that we should allow a football only chat for this piece of shit and those who think that as a football discussion board that should be fine.

Not saying this applies to anyone in this discussion today but there is often a correlation between those mitigating his actions and those wanting a football only chat. Personally I would ban them, because they are identifiable so be thankful there are more patient voices than mine around.

In case nobody noticed the club we support moved Greenwood on for his off the field actions, so the idea we should create some sort of safe space to discuss the footballing progress of a piece of shit is quite frankly ridiculous and at this stage, tedious.

So when the next genius brings it up, for the 25th time in two years, expect more overly sensitive reactions.

If Marseille and United were to be drawn together. No one will be allowed to talk about just the match nor the performances in it. Any mention of the said will be innundated with people bringing up his issues or people decrying those uninterested in dwelling on them. With accusations of "rape apologists', 'fan bois' and worse flying around.

That's the price we all pay for Greenwood being a vile scrote.

If Marseille and United were to be drawn together. No one will be allowed to talk about just the match nor the performances in it. Any mention of the said will be innundated with people bringing up his issues or people decrying those uninterested in dwelling on them. With accusations of "rape apologists', 'fan bois' and worse flying around.

Doesn't matter how or why he's being discussed it will never be far away. It can never be a football only discussion, at least not for Utd fans and definitely not on a Utd forum. He had his chance to be a Utd player and he blew it, the manner in which he blew will always be a massive "what if" around his career.

I'd say if Utd ever do play Marseille, they won't play him, especially if it were at Old Trafford.

It almost looked like the team were intentionally playing all game on the right wing, MG looked dangerous whenever received the ball

The better he does, the better for us. Hopefully PSG will pick him up for a small €80m next summer ;)

He’ll break 20 comfortably. He’s way better than either of those 2.
I don't think it's just a matter of individual talent. Lacazette is on penalty duty I'm certain for instance. He'll maybe have to share the forward spotlight with Wahi at OM.
There's some variance but bar Mbappé it's pretty rare for anyone to do 25 or more in L1.

Not saying he can't, I'd be surprised it would be comfortable.

He's going to be an elite player. See PSG or RM going for him in a couple years. Hope I can say that without getting banned or a warning.

Bolded part again, are you fecking serious? Who said anything about that? You are putting words in my mouth, just because you are modmin here that doesn't make you act like a cnut towards people.
I think you need to read and comprehend what I wrote? I didn't not say you would be banned but thatcyour constant challenging of jow this,thread was to be monitored could lead to a threadban - read the OP. .

I said the logical conclusion was that discussion (this thread) would end up having to closed if people kept challenging the way this thread is to be moderated as agreed by the modmin group, despite a number siding with a total ban because they though it is unmoddable, and it is looking like they are right.

Last edited:
Wow even more posters coming out of the woodwork that really don't seem to care about what he did. It's actually sickening.

He's going to be an elite player. See PSG or RM going for him in a couple years. Hope I can say that without getting banned or a warning.

And we will be a football club who when we look back on things can say that we willingly don't give a platform to men who threaten to rape women.

That's so much more significant than having a player with a nice left foot.

I think 99% think he is a total dipshit. But if his wife can forgive him we should stop giving a feck too. Personally i hope he has a great season so we can get huge money. He will never return here luckily.
He is not married
Domestic abuse victims frequently forgive and are then subjected to more violence
A forgiven abuser and rapist is still an abuser and rapist and not fit to represent this club
This conversation has been repeated over and over for more than 2 years and still people are posting the forgiveness shit like they just had an original thought