Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Huh... I had somehow thought that he was already past the cap limit to switch national teams, but nope, the option to switch was actually still open to him. I'm surprised though that he pulls it now. I'm guessing the association told him he's got no chance to be called up for England for the foreseeable future?

Huh... I had somehow thought that he was already past the cap limit to switch national teams, but nope, the option to switch was actually still open to him. I'm surprised though that he pulls it now. I'm guessing the association told him he's got no chance to be called up for England for the foreseeable future?
They rarely call up players playing outside of the Prem in the first place, he's got absolutely zero shot forever of getting an England call up after everything.

Didn't cover himself with glory either the last time that he was, neither did his best mate that prick Foden but all's forgiven there seemingly since winning cures all.

Players switching national team because they can't get a game is dumb, especially after they've actually played for them.

Do you not think there is a positive aspect to it though? In that, smaller nations can convince quality players to play for them later on and the international stage doesn’t miss out on certain talents.

Lots of nations are absolutely stacked with talents that would make a massive difference to smaller nations. Keeping the door open a little longer seems like a good idea to me.

All the best when you play for Jamaica. I hope you have learned from the error of your ways and don't repeat them ever.

The best academy product this club has produced in this decade... Hope he does well. Great restart at Getafe and Marseille.

It's utterly pathetic. Seemingly a bit of good old hardcore racism is alright in this thread.
Calling Greenwood appropriate insulting names is in no way anything to do with racism. Don't be silly.

Calling Greenwood appropriate insulting names is in no way anything to do with racism. Don't be silly.
Yet inappropriate enough to delete without trace? At the very least either leave it there for everyone to judge for themselves or don't quote me without the context.

Yet inappropriate enough to delete without trace? At the very least either leave it there for everyone to judge for themselves or don't quote me without the context.
To avoid more posting than neccesary in this thread simply for a sarcastic joke.

The mods on here are atrocious and probably need to get more of a life so they realise that posting stuff like they did is completely unacceptable - at least it was deleted.

If anything, should be a performance related thread and nothing more... There has been countless pages talking about what he has done and people's (differing) feelings about it.

For what it's worth, after the whole Giggs thing came out, I no longer saw him as a United legend, but until this very message I was still interested in Mason's performance. Writing this message reminded me how I felt about Giggs and therefore should feel much stronger about Mason.

What I would consider a racist comment but the mods have unified to claim it wasn’t.
It's gone so it must have been problematic, can't speak on the mods as we'll get booted but it should get called out no matter who it is.

I stuck a £10 on him being Ligue Un top scorer before the season started. Assuming he can stay fit I think he hits 30+

That's some delusional level of expectations. If he hits 15+ it will be a phenomenal season, he is playing for Marseille ffs.

I think he has 15 league goals in him. Wouldn't shock me if he got to 20 but they finished 8th last season so it probably will be a bit of an ask to hit 20. He is capable of it but that's if he gets a serious amount of assists.

I want to see him do well for the sake of the sell on clause. I have a feeling United might take him back eventually if he has a few good season because at the end of the day he's still so young. Personally, I don't actually know how I'd feel about it.

That's some delusional level of expectations. If he hits 15+ it will be a phenomenal season, he is playing for Marseille ffs.
It's like how when a player is injured the fans hype him up as if he'll solve all their problems. The same has happened with Greenwood. In the minds of some United fans he's basically Pele now.

It's like how when a player is injured the fans hype him up as if he'll solve all their problems. The same has happened with Greenwood. In the minds of some United fans he's basically Pele now.

I don't know who is worse, those hyping him with unrealistic expectations even if he is a 200m signing for PSG, or those that will gloat once the season ends because he hasn't scored 30 league goals which automatically means he is not good player.

Last edited:
I don't know who is worse, those hyping him with ubrealistic expectations even if he is 200m signing for PSG, or those that will gloat once the season ends because he hasn't scored 30 league goals which automatically means he is not good player.
Well obviously the people hyping a rapey piece of shit are worse.

I don't know who is worse, those hyping him with unrealistic expectations even if he is a 200m signing for PSG, or those that will gloat once the season ends because he hasn't scored 30 league goals which automatically means he is not good player.
Personally I don't care if he's great or rubbish. He isn't playing here

What you’re describing is pretty good illustration why there won’t be much sensible discussion in the thread.

I stuck a £10 on him being Ligue Un top scorer before the season started. Assuming he can stay fit I think he hits 30+

£10?? How can you financially recover if you lost (and most likely)?