Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

So a player performance thread is now a “eulogy” . I suggest join another forum where you can discuss non footballing matters . Plenty of them around I’m sure.
There is plenty of non-football discussion on the Caf, including about footballers in the football forums when it plays a significant role in their careers. It's is entirely normal, and within the thread rules stated in the OP, that this will continue to be brought up for Greenwood, especially while his past remains completely non-acknowledged by himself and by his current club and manager.

Also, you're not a mod. Stop it.

Quality control
A generational talent that will become a world class player outside the british culture

Let’s not get carried away. Hes now going to have to prove himself all over again after missing 2 years of his development. He may never play international football again or possibly not play for a big team again due to his reputation
And that he will. What he has shown with his spell at Getafe and at Marseille in the few games he played is that, he has not lost his technique and physicality significantly after not playing for around 2 years. I think, he can still potentially reach his ceiling, of course factoring any long term injuries, coaches who will trust in him and further personal issues.

Will an A list club outside of the PL ever try to buy him?

PSG might go for him if he really tears up the league. That's my ideal case honestly. Big transfer fee for Marseille and decent sell-on money for us.

I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of posters in here who are clearly brushing what he did under the carpet, but here we are.
You’re in the wrong thread for that. Been done to death and changed nothing, aside from him being forced to leave United. If you wish to reopen a thread on what happened to his partner, go ask the mods.

Hope he has a banger of a season so that Real, Barca or PSG break the bank for him. We need that sell-on clause money.

I don’t think an English club will.

In my opinion, the most likely club will be PSG. I don’t think Madrid would given the talent they have up front. Barcelona, perhaps. I don’t think German clubs would go for him.

Outside the PL? Yes, I think one will if he stays out of trouble at Marseille. He’ll be one of the best players in Ligue 1. I could see Barca, Juventus, , PSG and Atletico all going for him. They’ll tell themselves he was never taken to court.

Can see the Italians and the Spanish go for him.
Barcelona have Lamine Yamal and Madrid won't touch him. Atletico perhaps. Italian clubs? Depends on if they will have the money in the next few years

Not in England or Germany realistically, 100% for other big clubs on the continent though if he tears it up in France.

He already had serious interest from Juve earlier this summer

Thank United for what? Made him b**t his missus so we could sell?
On second thought, right... thank Manchester United for being Manchester United. If Greenwood was a Chelsea/Arsenal player, he could've gotten away with it and still playing in England right now.

On second second thought, thank you De Zebri. GW won't stay at Marseille for long. That sell on clause will be glorious

Always had a soft spot for Marseille, especially after visiting the city. Hope Greenwood gets sold on fast, won't be watching any of their games with that cnut in their squad.

I’d gladly take Greenwood and would take a half decent performance of his ability than look at Rashford for another season.
Tell me you're morally bankrupt without saying you're morally bankrupt...

de Zerbi: 'Everything you've heard about the boy is now in the past...thank you, Man Utd.'

It really is no problem.

Mightily relieved MG has been sold on so we don't become stuck making ridiculous comments as RdZ does above. Same with watching NUFC scurry for excuses with Saudis and us with Qatar.

As for the football, hopefully MG can score goals and perform stupid celebrations enough for some amoral club to splash serious cash on him. Feel entitled to that sell-on clause due to what a disappointment MG is.

You’re in the wrong thread for that. Been done to death and changed nothing, aside from him being forced to leave United. If you wish to reopen a thread on what happened to his partner, go ask the mods.
Nah you're alright. I'll post in here thanks.

Does it mean that he's a morally bankrupt person, accepting anything for his career good?

No.
Not directly, but it's fairly obvious what some think by reading their posts.

People are posting about his football and talent. They think he’s a class player, and he is.

He’s going to tear it apart in Ligue 1 under RDZ, and we should make some coin out of it. We deserve it for bringing him through

He'll score 15-20 goals minimum. We need to accept that, and stop posting cope everytime he scores. He was a generational talent, and is a horrible monster of a human being. And he'll probably have a very good career, probably far better than Antony's(also sketchy), who we got for 80M. All these things are true, and might sting. But we need to move on.

No.

People are posting about his football and talent. They think he’s a class player, and he is.

He’s going to tear it apart in Ligue 1 under RDZ, and we should make some coin out of it. We deserve it for bringing him through
I agree, he more than likely will tear it up there, but the posts saying that and anything about his footballing ability are not what I'm referring to. Anyway, moving on...

And that he will. What he has shown with his spell at Getafe and at Marseille in the few games he played is that, he has not lost his technique and physicality significantly after not playing for around 2 years. I think, he can still potentially reach his ceiling, of course factoring any long term injuries, coaches who will trust in him and further personal issues.
I guess what I’m asking is can he ever prove that he’s one of the top forwards if he never plays at the top level again?

I don’t believe that he will ever play for England again and i doubt that any of the really top clubs will take him

Just remember Mason, you can beat all the clubs in the world but you’ll always be remembered for the beating you gave your girlfriend

I guess what I’m asking is can he ever prove that he’s one of the top forwards if he never plays at the top level again?

I don’t believe that he will ever play for England again and i doubt that any of the really top clubs will take him

Maradona proved it at Napoli in fairness, but then again, he was Maradona.
Marseille was a smart move, they, unlike Getafe will go into most games as favourites and he’ll have the perfect environment to showcase his ability. Who knows, they can maybe even push PSG in Ligue 1.

MG will never play for England again of course, but he doesn’t need that to prove himself as one of the top forwards.
His next move will be a really interesting one though, because I don’t see a top English club taking him. I could absolutely imagine Atletico, PSG, Milan, Inter, Juve doing it though.

There is plenty of non-football discussion on the Caf, including about footballers in the football forums when it plays a significant role in their careers. It's is entirely normal, and within the thread rules stated in the OP, that this will continue to be brought up for Greenwood, especially while his past remains completely non-acknowledged by himself and by his current club and manager.

Also, you're not a mod. Stop it.

Other threads do not have a thread mark saying “performance talk only - no squabbling about his past” from a mod though. Probably worth deleting that comment if that isn’t actually what is intended.

Not surprised with de zerbi's comments. He's a bellend.
No idea why so many United fans wanted him here, he always seemed like a complete and utter tit to me, on top of his Brighton team getting battered on too many occasions.

No idea why so many United fans wanted him here, he always seemed like a complete and utter tit to me, on top of his Brighton team getting battered on too many occasions.
Agreed, extremely unlikeable and comments from previous players like Undav confirm that.

Other threads do not have a thread mark saying “performance talk only - no squabbling about his past” from a mod though. Probably worth deleting that comment if that isn’t actually what is intended.
Are all comments about his past considered squabbling?