Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Am not sure what the fuss is about. Well I do, considering it is such a controversial subject regarding his exit. But, the man is gone, he is not United player anymore.

Now, I fully understand people being curious how he does, discussing where would you rank him in terms of United past talents and discussing his performances. What I do not understand is the feeling of regret he is not here or what could have been. If a player is not longer in the club either through his own will or fault, I mean feck him, the door closed. Never understood this feeling when it came to Ronaldo and Pogba 1st time around, let alone Mason Greenwood considering everything. He is in the fecking past, move on.

Reminds me a bit of those situations where people lose their ground after being dumped by some bitch. Just get a feckin grip.

I can understand why United fans are unhappy everytime Greenwood scores. We are the only "losers" the way this played out.

- Greenwood's career seems barely affected, he will keep playing and scoring
- The team he is seems happy, manager seems happy taking shots at United and rattling our fanbase
- Rival fans are glad an academy player destined for big things is no longer their problem(imagine same happening to Saka/Foden/TAA)
- Our only silver lining of sell on clause is dampened by the fact that Getafe are also getting a sizable cut
- Our replacement(Antony), is a alleged pos himself, while we paid 80M and 200k/week for him to be fidget spinning meme being mocked by the entire footballing world

No point in being salty. I'm so jaded nowadays, justice rarely seems to be served, and scum like Greenwood roam free, living their best life. It is what it is.

I can understand why United fans are unhappy everytime Greenwood scores. We are the only "losers" the way this played out.

- Greenwood's career seems barely affected, he will keep playing and scoring
- The team he is seems happy, manager seems happy taking shots at United and rattling our fanbase
- Rival fans are glad an academy player destined for big things is no longer their problem(imagine same happening to Saka/Foden/TAA)
- Our only silver lining of sell on clause is dampened by the fact that Getafe are also getting a sizable cut
- Our replacement(Antony), is a alleged pos himself, while we paid 80M and 200k/week for him to be fidget spinning meme being mocked by the entire footballing world

No point in being salty. I'm so jaded nowadays, justice rarely seems to be served, and scum like Greenwood roam free, living their best life. It is what it is.

I'm just delighted that he is no longer associated with our club.

He ruined his opportunity to play for the club he spent his entire life at, couldn't care less whether he scores 50 goals in the French League.

He was always going to be a top player. A couple of years postponed, but he will be at a top club in a year or two. Seems to be now on the road to his best. I can easily see PSG buying him, their forward line is screaming out for a player like him that can score consistently and they wont care about the thing he did.

He put us in a position where we had to sell him. Of course, we could have used him on the pitch with his talent, but the club and most of the fans dont want to associate with a women beater. Lets hope for a good fee and get our act together on the pitch, so that we beat his team the next time we meet.

Hmm. Not sure that we're the only losers in this whole debacle. For a lot of people this is more important than football.

An excellent Ligue 1 debut for Greenwood

He was involved in all 5 goals
  • 2 goals
  • 1 assist
  • Created Henrique's first goal
  • Won a penalty and selflessly handed the ball to another player at the expense of his hat-trick
87% pass accuracy
3/4 successful long balls
21/25 passes completed
3 duels won

Big things ahead from here
So he used his hands selflessly?

I'm just delighted that he is no longer associated with our club.

He ruined his opportunity to play for the club he spent his entire life at, couldn't care less whether he scores 50 goals in the French League.
I'm relieved rather than happy he is not at our club. There's nothing to be happy about tbh, a terrible thing happened to a young girl, United's image was tarnished having introduced a player like MG, and we lost a good player(financially and sporting wise). If Amad fulfills his potential, it will sting a bit less, since Antony leaves a bad taste in my mouth too. Folks are gonna virtue signal and act like United have clean hands now, but we still employ Antony. Used to CR7. So many club players still follow MG. Just the horrid reality of the situation.

He will find another top club, he's not gonna care one bit. That's the true horror of the situation imo, zero accountability.

Last edited:
Found his level I guess. Does Ligue 1 even have a TV deal yet?

You can't extrapolate his level there. I thought he'd end up further away tbh. Was never staying in England as too much bad pr.

What’s with the Romano hate for literally posting a quote? It’s not like he ended it with ‘it’s a damn shame he’s been exiled if you ask me’

I found this strange as well :confused: he just posted a quote from De Zerbi

Wow, just seen this. Am not sure if there is any more context in this or there is some bad translation, but this should actually eliminate him from being a candidate for a manager spot here. It is such a low class statement, I can't believe he went there.

Lacazette scored 19 last season and 27 the season before that. In his final season at Arsenal he had 4 in 20 starts... 13 the season before and the best he managed at Arsenal 14

A guy called Luis Henrique also 22 years old scored 2 goals in a 1 Ligue 1 game this week

Its a good start for Greenwood thats all

He will find another top club, he's not gonna care one bit. That's the true horror of the situation imo, zero accountability.

That's just life, bad people do terrible things and still thrive all the time. I am just selfishly glad he didn't return to Utd and ruin any game he played in. Imagine the seeing Utd try and force out some pathetic defensive PR campaign.

why do people think Juventus would be in the mix if Mason was up for a big money move? I mean its Juventus. Like all the other italians teams they are all tight. If there was any chance of a move to Juventus it would have happened this summer at the price Marseille bought him for. I can only see German and Spanish teams being in for him.

I think people will be surprised how quickly the negative press around Greenwood would disappear if he does reach a level just outside of world class for a sustained period. And by sustained I mean over a couple of years. Goals and assists change that especially in big games in the Champions League which Marseille will be expected to qualify for. I could be wrong but thats just how I see it.

Leaving martial out as injuries did him but is there something in what Keane etc say about too much too soon for young kids? Their egos seem to be hyperinflated to the point they think they can do what they want and then get huffy about consequences.
I mean egos are going to get worse now with fans expecting 16 year olds to be first team. I really hope that they have strong parents!

I think that we’ve just been unlucky with ours. I mean look at guys like Vinicius, Saka, Haaland etc, these guys have been around since they were young as well and they’ve developed fine.

I think that we’ve just been unlucky with ours. I mean look at guys like Vinicius, Saka, Haaland etc, these guys have been around since they were young as well and they’ve developed fine.
Is it unlucky or have we been bad at grounding our young uns

You just know if he started in the middle against Fulham we'd be winning that game 3-0.

I found this strange as well :confused: he just posted a quote from De Zerbi
It's not the one post though is it. He's constantly posted about him in general and not just his transfer news. He's doing it for interactions or he's on the PR payroll, either one is pretty shitty in my books.

And @sizzling sausages, it's on his wiki, but what Silent Witness said.

Is it unlucky or have we been bad at grounding our young uns

It may be a mixture of both, probably, but I still think it’s more just unlucky than anything else. I say that not knowing what the club does in the manner of keeping the players grounded of course.

Lingard was an idiot, Greenwood was an abuser and Rashford looks like he hates football half the time. The only person I can see there that the club could potentially have done anything about was Rashford. Martial was just slightly more available than Phil jones but he always gave his all when he played and I don’t think there were ever any issues with him off the field. McT came through the academy at a similar time and he seems to be fine.

I think we just got unlucky with a few of them at the same time, with them all happening somewhat close to each other and that all coinciding with us not being very good so everything seems worse with that in the background.

Without discussing what he did, I'm not convinced Greenwood had the right attitude to succeed at United and would have frustrated in spells. What has happened will have given him some focus, but the right call was made, and we move on.

Crazy to think we had Rashford, Sancho, Martial and Greenwood, which on paper was as good as it gets, and they have failed for different reasons (maybe harsh on Rashford, but his attitude also stinks).

Rashford played through injury for damn near 12 months - he’s on record saying so, Ole is on record saying so - which I wouldn’t be surprised if it has caused irreparable damage and is the reason why his movement now is a lot stiffer than when he broke through - I don’t get people adding him to “poor attitude” lists.

In fact, I never quite understood the Rashford hate/dislike. Looking back, people were mad he was feeding kids and saying stuff like “stick to football”. Quite insane really.

Yes, he’s been inconsistent, rather he’s been poor in terms of performances, but it doesn’t necessarily translate to “stinking” attitude. Sometimes you try and it just doesn’t happen. Sometimes you just “lost” it.

Is it because he doesn’t spend 90 minutes running around? Not all players play the game the same - in fact the emphasis on defensive work from attacking players is quite a new change in modern football. Can it not be a limitation without it translating to poor attitude? Like, again, I don’t get the poor Rashford has poor attitude thing.

It was taken down as police evidence.

I don't know if you're wrong for some utterly bizarre reason, or if you're lying. Do you want me to send you the recording, so you can listen to him threatening rape again?

Rashford played through injury for damn near 12 months - he’s on record saying so, Ole is on record saying so - which I wouldn’t be surprised if it has caused irreparable damage and is the reason why his movement now is a lot stiffer than when he broke through - I don’t get people adding him to “poor attitude” lists.

In fact, I never quite understood the Rashford hate/dislike. Looking back, people were mad he was feeding kids and saying stuff like “stick to football”. Quite insane really.

Yes, he’s been inconsistent, rather he’s been poor in terms of performances, but it doesn’t necessarily translate to “stinking” attitude. Sometimes you try and it just doesn’t happen. Sometimes you just “lost” it.

Is it because he doesn’t spend 90 minutes running around? Not all players play the game the same - in fact the emphasis on defensive work from attacking players is quite a new change in modern football. Can it not be a limitation without it translating to poor attitude? Like, again, I don’t get the poor Rashford has poor attitude thing.

Personally I think him involved in feeding kids is brilliant and has zero impact on his ability to play football.

Been a few incidents involving lack of professionalism from Rashford and a lot of local rumours (granted rumours) about the club's disappointment with him over his time keeping, attitude etc, but the point about him not running because he played through the pain barrier is nonsense for me. That Chelsea away game when he was jogging highlighted his attitude for me, not good enough.

Personally would rather keep him, but he is currently nowhere near his level, and hasn't been for over a year.

It's not the one post though is it. He's constantly posted about him in general and not just his transfer news. He's doing it for interactions or he's on the PR payroll, either one is pretty shitty in my books.

And @sizzling sausages, it's on his wiki, but what Silent Witness said.
It's known he accepts work on commission. He doesn't just post about any footballer doing their job and being mentioned by their manager, so yep, this is probably a case of commissioned tweets.

Personally I think him involved in feeding kids is brilliant and has zero impact on his ability to play football.

Been a few incidents involving lack of professionalism from Rashford and a lot of local rumours (granted rumours) about the club's disappointment with him over his time keeping, attitude etc, but the point about him not running because he played through the pain barrier is nonsense for me. That Chelsea away game when he was jogging highlighted his attitude for me, not good enough.

Personally would rather keep him, but he is currently nowhere near his level, and hasn't been for over a year.

I think there have been times when we’ve played him despite an injury and he’s been instructed to take it easier. There have been others where he just hasn’t put the required effort in. It seems he allows off-field issues to influence him more than some other players but I don’t think I’d blame the club for that.

At the moment, I’d say we have just been unlucky. You can’t legislate for someone behaving like Greenwood and we didn’t even have Sancho as a youth player. Ultimately, you’ve got young men being treated like gods and paid accordingly - it’s going to be hard to always keep them on track.

I think there have been times when we’ve played him despite an injury and he’s been instructed to take it easier. There have been others where he just hasn’t put the required effort in. It seems he allows off-field issues to influence him more than some other players but I don’t think I’d blame the club for that.

At the moment, I’d say we have just been unlucky. You can’t legislate for someone behaving like Greenwood and we didn’t even have Sancho as a youth player. Ultimately, you’ve got young men being treated like gods and paid accordingly - it’s going to be hard to always keep them on track.

Agreed, football is a disgusting business when it comes to young players. Youth football at all levels in this country can be a toxic environment with the pressure put on young kids, never mind once they start getting paid life changing money.