Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Are all comments about his past considered squabbling?

I don’t know but they certainly aren’t related to performance. It was certainly how I read it when I checked the thread rules and I would imagine that’s why people were calling out your initial comment. I’d have thought we just want certainty rather than confusion on this thread.

Yeah De Zerbi can go jump off a cliff

*provided somebody done their due diligence first re: depth of water, angle of entry, etc

I don’t know but they certainly aren’t related to performance. It was certainly how I read it when I checked the thread rules and I would imagine that’s why people were calling out your initial comment. I’d have thought we just want certainty rather than confusion on this thread.
I'm quite certain that creating a space for people to praise him for football abilities while not allowing any opinions on his character is quite odd. People insult footballers on here all the time for their often harmless behaviour so I don't see why this scumbag gets treated any differently.

He is extremely lucky he still has a career and isn't behind bars.

The club did the best thing here in moving him on. Including the sell on clause was also great business.

Jokers will tell us we made a mistake but this is one of those things that you can he happy and confident that it was never a mistake no matter how many goals he scores.

I'm quite certain that creating a space for people to praise him for football abilities while not allowing any opinions on his character is quite odd. People insult footballers on here all the time for their often harmless behaviour so I don't see why this scumbag gets treated any differently.
Just look at the shit our fringe players are getting for nit jumping at the chance to leave the club for half of the salary

Sounds fine to me - I’m just saying that’s not how I read the current mod guidance in the thread.

Just look at the shit our fringe players are getting for nit jumping at the chance to leave the club for half of the salary
Yep. The manager and the players get ridiculous insults thrown at them amid football discussion, the idea Greenwood should be treated differently is surreal.

Sounds fine to me - I’m just saying that’s not how I read the current mod guidance in the thread.

It says no squabbling. It's clear to me.

I'd say the Greenwood fans just absorb the reality of people not liking their boy and suck it up without squabbling.

Yeah De Zerbi can go jump off a cliff

*provided somebody done their due diligence first re: depth of water, angle of entry, etc
I am seriously shocked by de Zerbi’s comments. What an absolute asshole.

It says no squabbling. It's clear to me.

I'd say the Greenwood fans just absorb the reality of people not liking their boy and suck it up without squabbling.

Absolutely. Clear as day why they are whining about what he is being brought up.

DeZerbi is a prick but I know what he’s trying to do, trying to deflect attention to himself so people just look at the goals and stupid celebrations.

DeZerbi is a prick but I know what he’s trying to do, trying to deflect attention to himself so people just look at the goals and stupid celebrations.

He’s obviously signed off on the transfer, so he’s already morally bankrupt from that point of view. Once he’s taken the view that he’s prepared to take the benefit of having Greenwood in the squad, the approach has to then be to brazen out any questions about it.

Who's payroll?

Maybe he just rates Greenwood?
He quite blatantly only talks positively about Greenwood and deliberately ignores the moral side of the story. It's like a fanboy rather than being a reporter of the whole truth.

An excellent Ligue 1 debut for Greenwood

He was involved in all 5 goals
  • 2 goals
  • 1 assist
  • Created Henrique's first goal
  • Won a penalty and selflessly handed the ball to another player at the expense of his hat-trick
87% pass accuracy
3/4 successful long balls
21/25 passes completed
3 duels won

Big things ahead from here

• 2 goals
  • 1 assist
  • Won a penalty and selflessly handed the ball to another player at the expense of his hat-trick
87% pass accuracy
21/25 passes completed
3 duels won

hope he keeps it up. the last thing we need is him going home angry after a bad game and getting all handsy.

• 2 goals
  • 1 assist
87% pass accuracy
21/25 passes completed
3 duels won

These statistics is pure pain to read. Hate to draw the "what if"-card, but seriously, he would have been so damn good for us if he didnt decide to be a lowlife scumbag.

• 2 goals
  • 1 assist
87% pass accuracy
21/25 passes completed
3 duels won

Awful shame he's a massive cnut though.

He quite blatantly only talks positively about Greenwood and deliberately ignores the moral side of the story. It's like a fanboy rather than being a reporter of the whole truth.

Why would be publicly talk about something he never got found guilty of on the Internet?

Why would be publicly talk about something he never got found guilty of on the Internet?
Because if he was objective about the situation he would, but he isn't, he's more interested in being a Greenwood fanboy for reasons which probably include being on a PR payroll.

Without discussing what he did, I'm not convinced Greenwood had the right attitude to succeed at United and would have frustrated in spells. What has happened will have given him some focus, but the right call was made, and we move on.

Crazy to think we had Rashford, Sancho, Martial and Greenwood, which on paper was as good as it gets, and they have failed for different reasons (maybe harsh on Rashford, but his attitude also stinks).

Without discussing what he did, I'm not convinced Greenwood had the right attitude to succeed at United and would have frustrated in spells. What has happened will have given him some focus, but the right call was made, and we move on.

Crazy to think we had Rashford, Sancho, Martial and Greenwood, which on paper was as good as it gets, and they have failed for different reasons (maybe harsh on Rashford, but his attitude also stinks).
Leaving martial out as injuries did him but is there something in what Keane etc say about too much too soon for young kids? Their egos seem to be hyperinflated to the point they think they can do what they want and then get huffy about consequences.
I mean egos are going to get worse now with fans expecting 16 year olds to be first team. I really hope that they have strong parents!

Not anymore there isn't, Greenwood has been dealt with rightly or wrongly. Get over it and move on.
Just because it's been "dealt with" doesn't mean people should just pretend it never happened. I think it should be brought up every time this thread is bumped.

Does it mean that he's a morally bankrupt person, accepting anything for his career good?
Can't say much about him, but let's look closer to home. Are our club captain and several of our current first teamers also at some level of moral bankruptcy? They seem to still follow Greenwood on social media, liking and interacting with all of his posts.