Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I think what exacerbates the problem with him, is when he's bad he's really really bad, you can't carry him, especially as we don't have a fully functioning team

He also seems to get a lot of rope, is this because he's English and used to be seen as the "face" of the club, or because of his ridiculous wage?

I'd stick to just playing him in the Europa for now (would prefer to sell but doesn't look like we're going to get that lucky) and try and get him into some sort of form that could then generate some transfer interest

I think what exacerbates the problem with him, is when he's bad he's really really bad, you can't carry him, especially as we don't have a fully functioning team

He also seems to get a lot of rope, is this because he's English and used to be seen as the "face" of the club, or because of his ridiculous wage?

I'd stick to just playing him in the Europa for now (would prefer to sell but doesn't look like we're going to get that lucky) and try and get him into some sort of form that could then generate some transfer interest

I don't think he gets a lot of rope at all, definitely not from the fans. I do think people accentuate his poor performances because of the agenda against him.

I think he's quite a sad, withdrawn person rather than this grumpy stroppy figure. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires at 30, doesn't look like he enjoys football anymore. Kinda want to see a bit of fun/warmth/humor from him, but he's very cold towards the fans and on the pitch.

Stuck with him another season. Pathetic. Just hope he finally ends up being a non starter. But that may be too much for Eth.

His mate Jadon has essentially been sold by us so it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts. Over the years I think he’s been propelled to a status I don’t think he can handle by a combination of Glazers, Woodward and Solskjaer, who in my opinion have overindulged him into thinking he’s better than he is.

It feels like we’ve pushed someone with the talent level of Gabriel Agbonlahor to the status level of Cristiano Ronaldo.

His mate Jadon has essentially been sold by us so it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts. Over the years I think he’s been propelled to a status I don’t think he can handle by a combination of Glazers, Woodward and Solskjaer, who in my opinion have overindulged him into thinking he’s better than he is.

It feels like we’ve pushed someone with the talent level of Gabriel Agbonlahor to the status level of Cristiano Ronaldo.
And football is full of players who for a season, maybe two, in their careers have pulled out some great stats in the goals and/or assists column anomalous to their careers - but which people would outright laugh in your face if you determined them anything close in terms of status as we tried (and some still try) to push Rashford to be or to have been.

The basics of his game - every aspect of his game almost - are absolutely horrendous. He's the footballing equivalent of a Stars in Their Eyes contestant (one for the kids), he can sing one tune in one style impersonating one singer. Because that's what he learnt. That's what he's drilled. He used to be quite good at running at defenses that played a high line and in that scenario his finishing was decent. It's not much, but it worked for about 6 or 7 weeks every other season. Everything else? It's painful. He's a musician who learnt how to play one song, got a massive contract off the back of it and now has hurty feelings because people are beginning to question why he hasn't progressed and developed in any discernible way.

Here's the thing though: nobody would care one iota about half of that if the lad pulled his finger out and put in a shift occasionally. That and the fans are beneath him. He'll continue with his pouting until we appreciate him more. It's astonishing to say given his background but in 30-odd years, I cannot think of any footballer who embodies what I've come to expect Manchester United to stand for, less than he does.

And football is full of players who for a season, maybe two, in their careers have pulled out some great stats in the goals and/or assists column anomalous to their careers - but which people would outright laugh in your face if you determined them anything close in terms of status as we tried (and some still try) to push Rashford to be or to have been.

The basics of his game - every aspect of his game almost - are absolutely horrendous. He's the footballing equivalent of a Stars in Their Eyes contestant (one for the kids), he can sing one tune in one style impersonating one singer. Because that's what he learnt. That's what he's drilled. Everything else? It's painful. He's a musician who learnt how to play one song, got a massive contract on the back of it and now has hurty feelings because people are beginning to question why he hasn't progressed and developed in any discernible way.

Here's the thing though: nobody would care one iota about half of that if the lad pulled his finger out and put in a shift occasionally. That and the fans are beneath him. He'll continue with his pouting until we appreciate him more. It's astonishing to say given his background but in 30-odd years, I cannot think of any footballer who embodies what I've come to expect Manchester United to stand for, less than he does.

He has an excellent first touch, a decent eye for a pass, is a decent finisher from both short and long distance and has exceptional movement to break offside traps. He also has an excellent record in the big matches, when a difference maker would be needed if we ever got the rest of our team good enough to compete.

Reading this forum, you’d think he was lazy, slow, has no talent/ability, only plays when he has a contract to play for and has no understanding of the game. Despite that, he has had 30+GA in 3 of the 5 seasons since he turned 21. I doubt our RW in any of those seasons has got past 15. I can totally get someone saying he shouldn’t have bad seasons and/or that his mentality is questionable, even if I don’t agree. However, it’s risible to say that he isn’t extremely talented. You simply don’t put up his numbers in the “good” seasons in the premier league unless that’s the case (especially if you do have the questionable attitude that he’s also accused of).

Had he played for City or Liverpool in the last 5 years he’d probably have 10+ extra GA each season (at least) and we’d all be moaning why we couldn’t produce a player of that quality.

Had he played for City or Liverpool in the last 5 years he’d probably have 10+ extra GA each season (at least) and we’d all be moaning why we couldn’t produce a player of that quality.

This is always a false argument because he wouldn’t get in the team for those clubs.

This is always a false argument because he wouldn’t get in the team for those clubs.

Of course he would - the idea he wouldn’t be ahead of Grealish, Doku and Diaz is laughable. The converse is that if they were in the United teams Rashford has had the misfortune to play for then they’d be universally derided as Antony/Sancho type signings.

If he’s shit the whole of the season garnacho will end up on the left with amad on the right.
When though will be the issue. The manager - and evidently some fans - have an inexhaustible patience for him. By the time he was regularly cycled out of the team last year the season had already gone and we were playing for matchsticks. His presence in the team has such a corrosive impact. A player that doesn't feel he has to bother because he's unappreciated by fans/recently fallen out with his girlfriend/has remembered a previous injury/fallen out of love with football/feeling a bit sad (feel free to pick any you want) who is still probably odds-on to start pretty much every game between now and this side of Easter regardless of how he plays or what impact that has on the team and on other players too.

But we can't expect anything from him. It's established he's fit enough to play every game, but always far too injured for anyone to expect any type of performance level from him. He has a remarkably unfortunate medical condition that only seems to impact him once he hears a whistle. He's fine to stay out there for the whole match, and present as fit when it comes to making himself available for all future matches, but he'll probably look like a darts player who's just carried a wardrobe up three flights of stairs when he's out there. But to question that would be to have an agenda. Another example of the Rashfordisation of the standards this football club supposedly sets.

Last edited:
When though will be the issue. The manager - and evidently some fans - have an inexhaustible patience for him. By the time he was regularly cycled out of the team last year the season had already gone and we were playing for matchsticks. His presence in the team has such a corrosive impact. A player that doesn't feel he has to bother because he's unappreciated by fans/recently fallen out with his girlfriend/has remembered a previous injury/fallen out of love with football/feeling a bit sad (feel free to pick any you want) who is still probably odds-on to start pretty much every game between now and this side of Easter regardless of how he plays or what impact that has on the team and on other players too.

But we can't expect anything from him. It's established he's fit enough to play every game, but always far too injured for anyone to expect any type of performance level from him. Another example of the Rashfordisation of the standards this football club supposedly sets.
Honestly we don’t know half of what’s going on with rashford. We don’t know what’s in his contract, the influence he has around the club. We no nothing. We know he’s on ridiculous money and we need him to find form but it doesn’t look likely.

If they could have sold him this summer and the right offer came in, I think we would have.

Honest to god…3 games in…and I already can’t stand watching MR. Absolutely diabolical…for 18 months.

After McT…he’s now the next one I just want rid at the earliest opportunity.

Hopefully Omar’s 2 yr rule is in full swing

He's absolutely fecking garbage. Amad is far better than him.

Created our best chances after the fans got on his back. Another great ball to Amad too.

Still so far from his electric best, very average. But he’s still our most effective attacker. Says it all.

Put in 2 lovely crosses, but he's got 0 confidence at the moment

You know when you lose the will to live after a horrific United performance, and end up saying something daft on the Internet? Well, here’s my contribution: Rashford was better in the second half. Kept it simple and created two golden opportunities for the striker, chances you’d expect to be converted.

Can but hope he’ll build on that.

He's on a reported 300k. He's a massive problem with the limited output he gives.

The workrate that everyone has criticised is there, but he has zero confidence in his own ability. Hasn't had a shot in 3 games.

Was poor. Still created two clear cut chances for goals for Zirkzee

shouldn't be starting moving forward

Our best player in the final third today. Should have easily had two assists.

I think Amad did better with the limited amount of game time, but I'm not necessarily mad at this take. He created two clear cut goal chances

Two sublime balls (oo’er)…but only once he lost confidence to run at his man. Garnacho not much better.

Awful Awful Awful.
What does he do? He is not even taking on the defender.

If Ten hag continues with Rashy , then he is digging his own grave.

Created our best chances after the fans got on his back. Another great ball to Amad too.

Still so far from his electric best, very average. But he’s still our most effective attacker. Says it all.
How many attacks and moves does he kill by just stopping? 3 times today he had a defender one on one and 3 times he turned back. Liverpool ran at us every time and got their rewards.

The workrate that everyone has criticised is there, but he has zero confidence in his own ability. Hasn't had a shot in 3 games.

It's annoying because he clearly has the abilities inside him somewhere - as highlighted by those two balls. His confidence to take on a man is totally shot

I'm tempted to have him as MotM. Work pretty hard, and created many good chances.

The best of all the misfiring attackers, he created multiple opportunities which with more clinical finishing could have grabbed two goals.

Regardless it's a very low bar but anyone who has more to give Rashford compared to Bruno and co on this performance today needs to get help.

He wasn't bad and usually better than Garnacho on the left which is the reason a new left winger should've been signed.

He's on a reported 300k. He's a massive problem with the limited output he gives.

Some outlets have him on £350k. Either way, a huge waste of money.

No shots on goal in 3 games apparently.

He’s not the only problem, but he’s shite, let’s be honest. The problem is the manager keeps starting him.