Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Just looks slower and more sluggish than he did a while back. I'm not even sure how much of it is desire anymore, he just looks shot physically

Just looks slower and more sluggish than he did a while back. I'm not even sure how much of it is desire anymore, he just looks shot physically

I think he's the most fragile player on our books. Including the perma-injured ones. He doesn't fancy any 60-40, let alone 50-50. He jumps super awkwardly when duelling in the air, somehow trying to protect his body and always seems to think every single touch has been a major foul committed on him. It is either mental, and then there's maybe something to work with, or his body, like you suggest, is nowhere near suitable for this level of sport.

I think he's the most fragile player on our books. Including the perma-injured ones. He doesn't fancy any 60-40, let alone 50-50. He jumps super awkwardly when duelling in the air, somehow trying to protect his body and always seems to think every single touch has been a major foul committed on him. It is either mental, and then there's maybe something to work with, or his body, like you suggest, is nowhere near suitable for this level of sport.

I agree, but he looked rapid and strong as feck only a few years ago and he's still quite young for a footballer, so either the injuries he's dealt with were actually worse than he/the club let us believe or as you said - could be mental

It's a weird one, players that he should be absolutely blitzing are very easily catching up to him now, which is worrying

I do think there's an element of desire, he could be putting in more of a shift for sure but even when he does bust a gut on the pitch to get around, it's quite slow in comparison

Should be playing better. If he played for City, Arsenal or Liverpool he'd bang in 20 goals a season. Needs a goal to get his confidence back.

I agree, but he looked rapid and strong as feck only a few years ago and he's still quite young for a footballer, so either the injuries he's dealt with were actually worse than he/the club let us believe or as you said - could be mental
What injuries did he deal with after 2022/23 season in which he scored 30 goals?

What injuries did he deal with after 2022/23 season in which he scored 30 goals?
While he had a good season from an output perspective, I still don't actually think he looked as good physically as he has in the past that season either. Could just be me though.

While he had a good season from an output perspective, I still don't actually think he looked as good physically as he has in the past that season either. Could just be me though.
Personally I thought he looked great, last season as well he was rapid, I don't think it's down to him losing dynamism, it's just not enough sometimes to beat a player. A lot of his "dribbling" is about being lucky enough with kick-and-run style, he just was a bit unlucky so far.

Great point.

Like Rooney he clearly played when shouldn’t have previously, especially under Ole. He came back in amazing physical condition after summer of 22 from dedicated training in US.

Despite having done well against TAA in the past, I think ETH needs to send out a message that underperformers (sadly serial in his case) can’t live off their past reputation. I honestly believe it would do him good to come off the bench against Liverpool as Amad and Garnacho have offered more, including the Community shield, season to date. There was, at times, some nice interplay between mount and Bruno on the left against Brighton. If Marcus starts and has another indifferent performance, the pressure on him is going to go up another level and his status with ETH is going to become a massive distraction.

At least once a game he'll feel contact and collapse to the floor, laying prostrate for about a minute like he's just been taken out by a sniper, looking as if he needs urgent medical attention. Then he'll stand up, grimace and carry on at it nothing has happened.
I can't recall last time he was tackled or was body checked and this wasn't how he reacted.

The way he challenges for aerial balls is almost endearingly half hearted, reminding myself of my own wimpish efforts to win the ball during P.E to avoid being shouted at by the games teacher.

We should just donate his salary to feed the children, they deserve it more and it’ll provide more impact on the pitch as Rashford because we won’t be playing a man down.

The fact we’re chasing Sterling gives me hope INEOS realise this guy ain’t it.

Seriously lacking in confidence. He has played reasonably well in the last two games. Needs a little bit of luck to get his season going. A couple of goals and confidence will come back.

The defense and midfield need to do their part in moving ball quicker too. Our ball movement most of the time is so slow that it give the opposition time to get back in position and easily double up on our attackers. Once that improves, our offensive play & players will show much better too.

I still have faith in him.

The fact we’re chasing Sterling gives me hope INEOS realise this guy ain’t it.
We are not chasing Sterling. He was offered to the club and were discussing it. I highly doubt he is the top target for Sancho replacement given we are trying to ship Sancho to Juve and have been all summer. I doubt we did that and didn’t have ideas about a replacement

If he was playing in the NFL, there isn't a single coach or team, that wouldn't have traded or released him, as a free agent by now.
Like Mctom, Lindelof, Sancho...we've held onto him for far too long now. People have short memories and always believe his best season was 'only last year', but the reality is he hasn't been a top winger for a long time.
He should be a bench option, not a starter.

If he was playing in the NFL, there isn't a single coach or team, that wouldn't have traded or released him, as a free agent by now.
Like Mctom, Lindelof, Sancho...we've held onto him for far too long now. People have short memories and always believe his best season was 'only last year', but the reality is he hasn't been a top winger for a long time.
He should be a bench option, not a starter.
"Long time" is a stretch, the season before last was his best ever season. That said, I think 2 poor seasons in a row should be the point at which any player is available for sale.

Should be playing better. If he played for City, Arsenal or Liverpool he'd bang in 20 goals a season. Needs a goal to get his confidence back.
He wouldn't be playing for any of those teams if he was this lazy.

Rashford has always been a purple patch player. during 22-23 season, we finished 3rd because rashford became the best winger in the world for a few months and our defense was amazing. He just isn't consistent enough to be the main goal scorer in a UCL team. He’s got all the attributes to be a fantastic player, and we’ve seen what he can do when he’s in that purple patch of form. He went to the winter World Cup, scored 3 goals there and came back like a man possessed, completely unstoppable.

There is clearly a big mental component to his game. He needs momentum and focus. Once that goes, so does his ability on the field.

I suspect he is an overthinker and lacks the arrogance that makes the best players truly great. For reasons that may not even be his fault, it looks like he has lost a bit of focus for the game. and I think that's fine, but he need to rediscover it or make way for someone who does. I hope it happens for him (or he makes it happen). He's a frustrating player, but in the age of social media that equals getting hounded when not at you best must be tough to deal with. Valid criticism is part of the deal but the abuse players get when things go badly isn't right.

I do think it's unfair that Marcus gets the amount of media attention he does, and part of it is definitely a feeling people that he put a target on his own back by being vocal about something other than football. But some of it is just the fact that he plays for Manchester United.

Ultimately, a player will always be judged by what they do on the pitch. If Rashford plays well, all is right in the world. If he doesn't but he runs hard and tries to get involved, few people will be annoyed. If he looks like he's not really trying, if he doesn't track back or gets visibly frustrated, people will highlight it.

Just be the best you can be, every week, and no one will have a bad word to say. Except those people who dislike him for non-football reasons.

There are two things I would like to understand in life that I probably never will: who is the creator of all these life forms and why so many people put Rashford in their 11 against Liverpool ?

At least once a game he'll feel contact and collapse to the floor, laying prostrate for about a minute like he's just been taken out by a sniper, looking as if he needs urgent medical attention. Then he'll stand up, grimace and carry on at it nothing has happened.
I can't recall last time he was tackled or was body checked and this wasn't how he reacted.

The way he challenges for aerial balls is almost endearingly half hearted, reminding myself of my own wimpish efforts to win the ball during P.E to avoid being shouted at by the games teacher.
What do you think is more likely? That ETH, the team, and everyone else at United are happy for him to half heartedly tackle and phone it in? Or that maybe he isn't 100 percent and could probably do with a bit of support from his own fans?

Play when he was in offside twice in space of 5 seconds is really tragic for attacker on this level.

What do you think is more likely? That ETH, the team, and everyone else at United are happy for him to half heartedly tackle and phone it in? Or that maybe he isn't 100 percent and could probably do with a bit of support from his own fans?

Jesus we are still complaining about the "lack of support" as if that will suddenly give Rashford his legs from 2018 back :lol:

Place is embarassing sometimes

Jesus we are still complaining about the "lack of support" as if that will suddenly give Rashford his legs from 2018 back :lol:

Place is embarassing sometimes
Just use common sense people. Clearly it is a physical limitation from back/ankle issues.

Rashford didn't magically forget he can blow by people or the relentless running he used to do. Nor would ETH let a player not press unless there was a clear strategic reason.

The reality that is obvious is Rashford is damaged goods. Maybe with time he heals or maybe with 1-2 yrs left on his contract he can be offloaded to Saudi but right now the cost is prohibitive to offload him.

Blame the Glazers for not actually caring about football and only the financial and marketing impact of players. They'd rather keep Rashford's value on the books to inflate club value (their primary goal) and play the blame the manager game cause that's what fans give into.

Reality is we need to get rid of underperforming players relative to their book value like Mount, Eriksen, Maguire, Casemiro, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Varane, Antony.

Good news is INEOS has started doing that. It's a process that will take several seasons to execute fully. But once done we should be a force to recon with given we are one of the 5 financial giants in football.

He will be ETH's downfall. Trusting him on the left wing again this season and forcing Garnacho on the right to fight for a place with Amad and Antony is a bit bizzare.

Antony for all his faults, at least will track back and provide support to the full back and press the opposing defence.

Amad has really grown since the last season and deserves a continuous run in the team.

I like ETH and his style of management. He gave a lot of rope to Rashford and Sancho because they are really talented. Yet Rashford lives on his overhyped potential. Sancho does the same. Both are extremely irritating to watch when they just drop heads and stop chasing or pressing.

We have good back up for defence, and now mid field but the wings are absolutely bad. Rashford is one of the main culprits at the club.

Regular starter for LVG, Jose, Ole, Ralf and now ETH and we can see where we are as a club. Made Ole clarify his comments on him to work better even though he didn't say anything wrong. Just shows how strong his PR game is. Negligible output last season and looks to continue in the same vien.

Puts out useless PR during the summer and still runs around like a headless chicken. Nani for me looks the better player and talent and he was slaughtered regularly with regards to his output and decision making.
He at least showed hunger and desire to fight.

Here comes the "not enough support" brigade :lol: :lol:

Here comes the "not enough support" brigade :lol: :lol:
Yeah the 'isn't 100%' line is just ridiculous. We've been hearing that one since Ole's second season, 4 or 5 years ago.

I've been fine with his workrate so far this season (and in the cup final), it's just the quality that hasn't been there and i'm really hoping he can get it together. As another poster said, this season really falls on whether Rashford can get firing again or we see something truly spectacular from Garnacho or Hojlund. Otherwise the club and EtH are going to pay for it dearly. I just don't see where the goals are coming from (yet again) if we don't get Rashford playing well.

Another bad season and he will have lost any good favour he had amongst other clubs and he’ll be seen as a big risk even at a low transfer fee. What with his wages we are probably facing loans until his contract is up. I can see him getting replaced in the team next year then by January he’ll be out on loan.
We’ll be lucky to see £30m for him by the end of this and at one point we were talking about an £80m+ player

He’s just never going to regain his form. He’s lost his pace and with it his confidence

He has a special treatment and will finally fail there.

Except one very good spell with Ole and a very good one with Ten Hag, it's only disapointment for him.

He will be gone next summer, but we'll struggle again this year with our wingers

The one good thing is it seems the penny has dropped for Ten Hag as he did take him out at like 65 minutes. It’ll only take a couple more early subs and for his replacements to do well for him to lose his place

Yeah the 'isn't 100%' line is just ridiculous. We've been hearing that one since Ole's second season, 4 or 5 years ago.

I've been fine with his workrate so far this season (and in the cup final), it's just the quality that hasn't been there and i'm really hoping he can get it together. As another poster said, this season really falls on whether Rashford can get firing again or we see something truly spectacular from Garnacho or Hojlund. Otherwise the club and EtH are going to pay for it dearly. I just don't see where the goals are coming from (yet again) if we don't get Rashford playing well.
If he isnt 100% then his backers can be glad he didnt go to the euros. And of course with no Luke Shaw behind him, he would have looked crap anyway.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't know whether those who make this point understand that you make him look worse by doing so.

Fit enough to start virtually every game for two years, but too crocked to make an effort? It doens't add up. If he's injured or hurt he wouldn't be playing as much as he does. Pretending he's fit enough to play 90 mins in the vast majority of games but far too injured to look even half-arsed whilst doing it, is nonsense. If he's fit enough to make himself available he's fit enough for us to have an expectation on his level of performance and effort.

He doesn't suffer a series of microinjuries that suddenly come on each time he has to challenge for the ball but miraculously disappear once the sitution has passed. So he's 100% fit unless he has to tackle, jump for the ball, dribble past a defender, track back or make an incisive pass inside the final third - for those moments he's injured and we should be more understanding and supportive?

Everything about that excuse though, the idea that what's behind his sulking laziness is the fact he doesn't feel he gets the level of support he deserves - is fundamentally correct. And that's the problem.

Last edited:
The one good thing is it seems the penny has dropped for Ten Hag as he did take him out at like 65 minutes. It’ll only take a couple more early subs and for his replacements to do well for him to lose his place
I’m interested to see if he sticks with him for Liverpool or goes with Garnacho there (who’s simply looked better from the Comm Shield onwards).

Good to see ETH describe that Shearer analysis as “stupid”. I quite like him generally but I genuinely think that was some of the worst analysis I’ve ever seen. I can only assume it’s because negative Rashford coverage gets a lot of clicks. There’s plenty of scope to criticise United players without resorting to nonsense based on two tight offside decisions.

His season will come down to whether he still has some fight in him. Contrary to what some fans think i don't think he's declined physically or that he's no longer as good as before. He's just a very moody player, it takes very little to unsettle him. Big game on Sunday against Liverpool, he simply has to show up because believe it or not he's still out main man in the attack. We'll see.

Good to see ETH describe that Shearer analysis as “stupid”. I quite like him generally but I genuinely think that was some of the worst analysis I’ve ever seen. I can only assume it’s because negative Rashford coverage gets a lot of clicks. There’s plenty of scope to criticise United players without resorting to nonsense based on two tight offside decisions.
Ten Hag pretty much shields all his player, almost ridiculously sometimes. Rashford got a long long rope last season where ETH went and batted for him for weeks and weeks before dropping him to the bench.