2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
To be fair I once said he was overrated (note, never said he was bad just not as good as the cafe thinks) and got pelters for it. He gets rinsed far too often for someone who we believe would have saved us by himself last season.

I think he will eventually lose his place in the team. That said he's probably my favourite player still :lol:
His fight and personality is admirable but ultimately he isn't good enough and is another crap EtH signing. He made atleast 2 huge errors against Fulham too and we were lucky not to have been punished.

I think he’s still got enough credit in the bank for me but it’s starting to not look great.

Since his injury layoff, he's been poor, very poor. That game he came back last season was a shambles.

Not going to write him off but he needs to smarten up and fast.

Maguire gets a stick (same as Lindelof got while playing with Maguire) but he is not any better than Maguire these two games.
Yeah, silky passes and all that shit but his defending was poor in both games.

The one were Pedro elbowed him only happened because he over committed and took himself out of the play, as with last week against Fulham when Perreria messed up the easy 2 v 1, left a 4 v 3 that the others did well to stop.

He was shit today, Maguire blamed for the 1st goal but he was know where to be seen, staying down when the refs played on, as a cb that's not on, headless chasing down from the corner as well

Not made up my mind on him. It's almost impossible not to fall into either extremes when describing him, but there are aspects of his game that would see him considered an elite defender, and there are weaknesses that would see him classified as not being so elite. Strange player.

Definitely needs to limit how often he tries to be cute in our half with the passes. Our midfielders are incapable of receiving under pressure and losing it just creates unnecessary pressure for defence and keeper.

We will concede a lot of goals no matter who is in defence but he needs to be dropped.

No way the opposing side should be ghosting in on your side if you’re the imperious defender fans make you out to be. Poor. Good for controlling games but has clear defensive weaknesses (defensive composure in crunch time)

His ability to read the game and find the right positions to defend in is not great. He gets caught staring at the ball every now and then.
Think he can do better than this but we need to sort this somehow now. It does not help we are lacking a natural left back

He was poor, do think he is bit over rated. By no means a bad player but take away the passing and he is nothing special defensively.

The spine of our team is extremely slow and they all expose each other because of it. Both him and Maguire need someone with more pace alongside them.

I'll double down on my (very unpopular) prediction that he won't be first choice (CB in a 2) by the end of the season. I'd be sure of it if Ten Hag is sacked.

Hopefully proves me wrong on merit.

He's pointless when the game turns into a transitional end to end shitshow, because it just minimizes his possesional impact and emphasizes his main weakness (defending wide spaces).

However, I also think any CB in the world will find it difficult when the game gets that stretched because they'll just constantly have to deal with 4v4 situations when it's not easy to do so.

He was shit today, Maguire blamed for the 1st goal but he was know where to be seen, staying down when the refs played on, as a cb that's not on, headless chasing down from the corner as well

On the 2nd goal he took up a poor position and left De Ligt to defend against the Brighton attackers on his own

Pains me to say it but he looks a shadow of his former self. In all honestly he’s not really looked the same since the injury. He was never the fastest or most athletic to begin with, but he looks incredibly heavy legged thesedays. Hopefully it’s just rustiness but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Yoro & De Light are first choice by the end of the season.

As I said, Yoro and DeLigt will form the number 1 partnership unless he can get himself together. Hes the one under pressure in my opinion

staying down when the refs played on
I'd forgot about that.

Pretending to be injured while the opposition go and score and the ref laughs at you is usually a move reserved for Bruno and Rashford. Lovely to see more of our boys get in on the action.

I like him, United fans massively overrate him. He's not as good as we make him out to be, though.

He's pointless when the game turns into a transitional end to end shitshow, because it just minimizes his possesional impact and emphasizes his main weakness (defending wide spaces).

However, I also think any CB in the world will find it difficult when the game gets that stretched because they'll just constantly have to deal with 4v4 situations when it's not easy to do so.

Exactly my opinion. I’ve always thought our problem is specifically in midfield and not in defense, we tend to play in wide spaces with headless chicken press led by Bruno leaving empty spaces in midfield. For the first time in a long time I thought we pressed well in the 1st half and we had a better grip for the game. Taking Mount off wasn’t very smart.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Pains me to say it but he looks a shadow of his former self. In all honestly he’s not really looked the same since the injury. He was never the fastest or most athletic to begin with, but he looks incredibly heavy legged thesedays. Hopefully it’s just rustiness but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Yoro & De Light are first choice by the end of the season.

I think he’s completely bereft of confidence. He likes to play on the edge so if he’s second guessing himself he’s screwed. We’re not seeing any of his passing through the lines or dribbling away from challenges that he does when he’s on his game. Which has to be conscious decisions from a player who’s lost belief in his own ability. Feck knows how he gets it back but he needs to pronto.

Strange that he's being criticised. We need to start building a Martinez - De Ligt partnership now.
He wasn’t great so criticism is fair although I’m surprised he’s playing as he had injury then full copa and a short holiday. Him and Maguire aren’t a good match in my opinion, Maguire too passive for the type of player he is to be elite, whereas I think if Martinez can get back on track he can be.

Only two games in but he needs to improve fast. He's looking like the one who needs to make way for De Ligt instead of Maguire.

I think he’s completely bereft of confidence. He likes to play on the edge so if he’s second guessing himself he’s screwed. We’re not seeing any of his passing through the lines or dribbling away from challenges that he does when he’s on his game. Which has to be conscious decisions from a player who’s lost belief in his own ability. Feck knows how he gets it back but he needs to pronto.
I don't know how he can be bereft of confidence. He just had a storming tournament with Argentina which they won while not conceding a single goal during the time he was on the pitch. Maybe he's going through a rough patch or he's not fully fit as he's had no pre-season.