Final | Spain vs England

The way Spain play is a kryptonite for England. Spain are beatable but not by England. England have no chance.

Ironically Spain are great, but they aren't a great team if they get muscled or snapped at IMO.

I think if Rice can anchor well and the likes of Saka, Mainoo and Bellingham dropping back might be good for England.

The problem is who plays up top? It might be a game for Toney or Watkins.

I'd back Walker and Trippier every day versus Olmo and Williams, one thing England has is a well drilled defence. Its Yamal that is the problem.

England truly haven't faced a challenge yet like Yamal, but in major tournaments under Southgate he keeps it tight. France in the WC was tougher and Kane fluffed the penalty.

What England need is Foden, Saka and Bellingham to have a good game.

We should never underestimate the greatest of all time english manager Gareth Southgate. Two euro finals and a WC semifinal. Spain you know Gareth will see what you have in the locker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The World Cup semi final with Southgate looks everyday closer and real as the goal against Germany in 66

Spain will strip that midfield.
Thing is I think Walker, Saka will really break down their wing play on their left side. And Cucurella and Williams have been so important in the buildup. Of course Olmo is the man to stop.

Going to be a great game. I’m happy if either side wins to be honest. My grandma was from Spain but seeing England finally kick into it last game, I’ve wanted to see it. Would love for Mainoo to win it and despite all the hate for him and everyone laughing at him for losing the Bundesliga I’d love for Harry to win a trophy. I of course love Shaw as well and either a win will give him confidence for a great season or maybe he’ll move on. Who knows

Kane and Foden need to be dropped. Kane at minimum, maybe you see how Foden fares in the first half before putting in Eze/Palmer.

I’m surprised Wharton hasn’t gotten any minutes whatsoever. Surely he could have been given 2-3 mins at the end of the Nederlands or Slovakia game.

They need to get the ball first. Rice won't let them

When Rodri is still alive…

Spain plays better, but Southgate got the biggest amount of luck I have seen in football. Anything can happen.

England have been getting better. Switzerland while not a swashbuckling performance was their best to that point, and last night they went up another level.

I'm hoping Mainoo drops a little deeper to get onto the ball more, as he was basically playing CF at times against Netherlands, and I worry what Olmo can do with that sort of space around Rice during transitions.

Will be a really interesting match up. Spain have played the best football, but England seem to have players in the right positions to neutralise their treats. England also have a stacked bench so we can make positive changes without impacting the quality. I fancy England to sneak it 2-1.

Spain have been the best team of the tournament so far and England (except tonight) have been poor and boring so looking at that I'd like Spain to win. But Shaw and Mainoo winning Euros with England before coming back to United would be great as well.

Spain are favourites, but this could be England's year finally. Germany won the Euros in England in 1996, perhaps it's time England win it in Germany.
Under another manager, England would've been anything but boring. With the players they have, they should've swatted more than one team.

I'm convinced that Southgate is holding them back. England struggled against every team they faced and Southgate has been bailed out time and again in this tournament by a moment of individual brilliance. Their half of the table has definitely helped them to reach the table and there's no way they would've got past Germany, France or Portugal the way they played. His style of play is criminal and I want to see it punished against Spain.

That said, anything can happen in one match and Spain better not try to defend an eventual one goal lead.

If Southgate allows the team to play like they did in the first half yesterday, and he starts Watkins over Kane, then I see England winning this.
If they play like the second half, and pretty much every other match this euro, then Spain win this.

I hope Spain destroys England. Like a proper humiliation. It wont happen, but a man can dream. I have never seen a more boring and insufferable team than this England team. Everything wrong with modern football condensed into one team. I would love for Southgate to lose another final. All of them are so bland both on and off the pitch.

I will always root against anti-football teams.
Mainoo watching Rodri lift the trophy, the RedCafe dream.

I hope Spain destroys England. Like a proper humiliation. It wont happen, but a man can dream. I have never seen a more boring and insufferable team than this England team. Everything wrong with modern football condensed into one team. I would love for Southgate to lose another final. All of them are so bland both on and off the pitch.

I will always root against anti-football teams.

:lol: amazingly weird, wrong and bitter post.

If Southgate allows the team to play like they did in the first half yesterday, and he starts Watkins over Kane, then I see England winning this.
If they play like the second half, and pretty much every other match this euro, then Spain win this.
This. 2nd half was the same all, careful England so if it happens we might get a replay of Italy final. But when England plays to their strenghts they look frightening at times.

wtf is this nonsense.
You have never seen a more boring and insufferable team? Everything wrong with modern football condensed in one team?

you see Spanish and current copa America play acting diving and unsporting behaviour and you think England are the problem?

how are England worse than teams like Serbia or Denmark or any of the other defensive crappy teams who not only park the bus but suck at it.

England are worse because they have one of if not the most talented team this tournament and they go out playing defensive football like fecking Mourinho ball. Imagine having all this talent and then not wanting to play football. It’s like watching United after Ferguson. They have all the talent to go out and play exciting football, look at all the farmers teams they have played against this Euro.

People in here are only defending defensive football because it’s England. Just look at the reaction to Portugal or Greece winning. This is the same. You just know England would take a boring 0-0 with no shots on goal and a penalty shootout if someone gave them the option…

Boring ass team.

its funny like half of the english forum doesnt support england

Most people that are not supporting England are not English. I support offensive football. I didn’t support Portugal, Greece, Italy or France either.

At least teams like Spain and Germany wants to play offensive football…

Agreed, but England have never shown the capacity to dominate the full 90, and generally fail to capitalise when they’re on top. Spain are beatable though, if the lads are fired up for it you never know.

It was 4-0 they penetrated them pretty much at will. It was probably the most one sided major final in history

Also every one of the goals came from a killer through ball. Literally all 4 were defense splitting penetrating passes.

I was talking about the other matches

A good Scottish friend of mine text me last night from the Haven Holiday Park in Cleethorpes moaning that they'd cancelled the family entertainment in favour of showing the England match. He's going to put a complaint in to Haven if they do the same on Sunday so I really hope England win to rub it into the miserable b**tard & make it a holiday he'll never forget :lol:

England are worse because they have one of if not the most talented team this tournament and they go out playing defensive football like fecking Mourinho ball. Imagine having all this talent and then not wanting to play football. It’s like watching United after Ferguson. They have all the talent to go out and play exciting football, look at all the farmers teams they have played against this Euro.

People in here are only defending defensive football because it’s England. Just look at the reaction to Portugal or Greece winning. This is the same. You just know England would take a boring 0-0 with no shots on goal and a penalty shootout if someone gave them the option…

Boring ass team.

England's performances are nothing like Greece's for fecks sake :lol: you just can't compare them. England have been lucky, not great, but the style isn't the same.

A good Scottish friend of mine text me last night from the Haven Holiday Park in Cleethorpes moaning that they'd cancelled the family entertainment in favour of showing the England match. He's going to put a complaint in to Haven if they do the same on Sunday so I really hope England win to rub it into the miserable b**tard & make it a holiday he'll never forget :lol:
Should send a mob of locals round with water pistols. Cleethorpes has been absolutely ruined by tourism.

If you think England’s most prolific goalscorer will be dropped in a Euro final, you have to be dreaming! Kane will start and stink up the place as he has. And England will lose because of that, when they go chasing for that equaliser. I can see it

Spain to dominate, England to win. It is all coming together for them

I can see that happening. Oddly enough an early goal for Spain could be the best thing for England. They look like they need a poke to get going.

Have to say, Gareth Southgate’s substitution of Foden and Kane should really excite English fans. That was as bold a move as I’ve ever seen him take and I wouldn’t have thought he’d have the balls to make it with the game in the balance.

A lot of bigger name English managers have failed to make big calls like that in the past and I think it’s gone under the radar. Well done Gareth, all the criticism he gets and he’s been englands 2nd best manager of all time.

Cheer up @Mr Pigeon

The Scottish support whoever England are playing more than they support their own country. It’s pretty fecking small time and pathetic to be honest. I grew up supporting all the home nations, I always wanted Scotland, Wales, and both Irelands to do well. It wasn’t until I got older that I realised their bitter hatred.

Kobbie to pocket Rodri again.

Absolutely delighted for Kobbie and him lasting past Foden in a semi final is some endorsement of him. I really thought he’d be a bit part player.

Tell you what, I think he’s a real technical Spanish kind of player , will be fascinating to see him up against the Spanish. Closing him down doesn’t unsettle him. Just a class player.

Ironically Spain are great, but they aren't a great team if they get muscled or snapped at IMO.

I think if Rice can anchor well and the likes of Saka, Mainoo and Bellingham dropping back might be good for England.

The problem is who plays up top? It might be a game for Toney or Watkins.

I'd back Walker and Trippier every day versus Olmo and Williams, one thing England has is a well drilled defence. Its Yamal that is the problem.

England truly haven't faced a challenge yet like Yamal, but in major tournaments under Southgate he keeps it tight. France in the WC was tougher and Kane fluffed the penalty.

What England need is Foden, Saka and Bellingham to have a good game.

The Scottish support whoever England are playing more than they support their own country. It’s pretty fecking small time and pathetic to be honest. I grew up supporting all the home nations, I always wanted Scotland, Wales, and both Irelands to do well. It wasn’t until I got older that I realised their bitter hatred.
Some folk are just sad, miserable bastards. The type of folk who are constantly on an anti-English binge are also the people who are generally anti-everyone. Because everyone thinks that they're a cnut.

I think there is a line like anything, in the same way England and English people poke fun at all of us when we are shite, we poke fun when you lose too.

More positive about this than I was on first consideration; England have the means to beat Spain, without shit housing.

Kane should be dropped for the final, but he won’t be. Watkins is perfect for stress testing an old and slow backline, yet he won’t get on unless Kane has had no impact in 80min.