Final | Spain vs England

Spain clearly the tournaments best team but still rather them than France. France are incredibly hard to beat and England don’t have what Spain do to break them. Spain might win 3-0 but on the flip side I can see us holding our own and getting at them.

England struggle when Mainoo runs out of gas after an hour and there is no suitable sub for him. Rice will need to have the game of his life.

Everything on paper points to Spain but on a one-off...

I'll go 3-1 for Spain.

Come on Spaaaaain!

Spain will do what Italy did to them in the last final. They’ll be chasing shadows and getting knackered. If England can keep the Spanish out and use their bench again late in the tie then that’s their best chance. Englands subs are as good as 95% of other international teams star players. England have more depth than Spain. Spains starting team has that bit more quality and composure on the ball though

Spain shouldn't even be in the final after the dodgy pen call against Germany, and other than two worldies against France did nowt.
Typically tidy on the ball but we'll do em with vibes. Thoroughly coming home.

England struggle when Mainoo runs out of gas after an hour and there is no suitable sub for him. Rice will need to have the game of his life.

Rodri will cruise it, he's been that good for last 18 months and has fantastic supporting cast in Ruiz, Olmo and then Merino off the bench for last half hour.

Perhaps they'll miss Pedri to break the lines a bit with passing and movement but Olmo was seriously good v France in the first half.

Think England's best chance is to try to naturalise Eder in next few days... :lol: Probably in 2016 France who'd just beaten Germany were seen as overwhelming favourites but Portugal hung on and then scored with a shot out of little.

Hopefully Morata recovers for the final. That boy is a fecking wimp.

I can't see England beating a competent team tbh

They'll get chances against Spain though, who are hardly a defensive fortress. I do think they'll have to switch something up though, this is the first team that they'll play that they can't just easily dominate the ball, and Kane/Bellingham/Foden aint posing much threat in transition.

Sadly, England have a real chance in the final. However, I'm still backing Spain to do it.

If England win, it will be the most undeserved international tournament victory I've ever seen in my lifetime...but I'll be happy for Mainoo and Shaw.

However, Southgate will stay in that scenario, so we can already count England out of winning the next World Cup.

Hopefully Morata recovers for the final. That boy is a fecking wimp.
I'm surprised Spain don't play Torres more in that false 9 role as i'm sure he's played there before but yeah, Morata is the weak link of the Spanish side imo.

Spain clear favourites. But then, so were city in the FA cup final.
Precisely.
If Southgate had balls he would keep Kane in the bench. He’s the kind of striker that Spain’s strikers are used to. England needs to put some serious physical presence up top to test Le Normand and Nacho.

Pretty sure Southgate starts with 10 of the 11. Shaw might start I think. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see unchanged.

If there was a team in this side of the draw to beat Spain, it's England. Sit back with 3 central defenders and hit them with one moment of magic, game done.

Agree. If Holland had snuck through tonight the final will only be a formality.

England have got some serious look on their sides, Spain need to but this game to bed in the first half to avoid any comebacks

Old Pogue seem like the kind of feral Irish witch that could put a curse on us!
I’ve been keeping a close eye on ‘ol Pogue, seen as the Irish are touring here by us in South Africa, but luckily his disdain for the English still far outweighs anything negative he might feel about the Boks :lol: ;)

I'm surprised Spain don't play Torres more in that false 9 role as i'm sure he's played there before but yeah, Morata is the weak link of the Spanish side imo.

Morata has many flaws but when he's on it his running off the shoulder of the nearest CB is superb and that will create space for Olmo and the wide players.

Saw that in his early Chelsea games but then he misses chances, fans get on his back and then his confidence slumps so really England need to hope the game's big chances for Spain fall to him on Sunday.

Kane has to be benched, he looks way off it in this tournament, you can't carry a player through a game against this spain side, I wouldn't even mind foden replacing as a false 9