Final | Spain vs England

Head says England will win, heart says Spain will win it.

Even though I’ll be very happy with a Spanish victory but deep down I couldn’t care less if they didn’t win it. Overall I just want a good final. Similar to the 2022 World Cup one but know it ain’t gonna be as exhilarating as that one was.

I’m on holiday in turkey, so it will kick off at 2200 local time.
I’m more worried about staying awake myself than the actual game at the moment!
It’s the first team we’ve faced this tournament that I’d class as an equal in terms of talent/ability and Spain have been much more cohesive so far, but if it all clicks for us then you never know.
Just hope we give it a proper go

In the second half of Spain vs Germany, Fullkrug caused them all kinds of problems and could have scored 2 goals.

Maybe that could be a tactic today.

¡ Vamos España! I have no idea what kind of game we are going to find. England seem to be very strong in defence and with more talent than France showed in midfield, so I hope that the initiative that I suppose, thanks to Rodri's superiority, will be reflected in goals.

This is Kane’s moment. He needs to finally be the man to decide something for himself. The greats of the game have all risen to the occasion in the big moments and this needs to be his time.

If this game passes him by and England lose, it will never happen for him, and he will never be amongst the greats. No pressure though…

¡ Vamos España! I have no idea what kind of game we are going to find. England seem to be very strong in defence and with more talent than France showed in midfield, so I hope that the initiative that I suppose, thanks to Rodri's superiority, will be reflected in goals.
I've a strong feeling it will be a football game

My sister is married to a Spaniard and is now more Spanish than English. If England win, I fear for my holiday with them in Menorca.

Been in a pub since 2pm waiting it out. Getting rammed now.

Rice will shut down Olmo it could finally be England's year

When was the last time a player didn't start all tournament and then started a final?

Nicely balanced team. England have similar but far less coherent structure in how they play. England got better attackers but no Rodri and GK.

The way this tournament has gone though, if England going to win something for first time in 58 years it'll be now.

Kind of hoping Pickford chooses tonight as the night he makes one of his weird mistakes. Go on lad. Boot it in your own net for a laugh.

Kind of hoping Pickford chooses tonight as the night he makes one of his weird mistakes. Go on lad. Boot it in your own net for a laugh.

You're not one of those weird Scousers who thinks Liverpool is its own country are you?

Can’t wait to spam laughing emojis in a ‘let’s laugh at England’ thread in a few hours.

Is there anything Vicky McClure isn’t on?

Is the whole 'native who supports whoever plays their own national side because they think it's an interesting personality type' a thing as much elsewhere as it is here? Like are here Germans who consider Wolfsburg a nationality who gets themselves painted up in Moldovan flag colours should that fixture arise because "reasons"?

Delighted to see Shaw starting. Much better balance.