Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, United fans can have new feeling of mediocre clubs. Every match that I watch, I have a feeling that it is draw. Even the game last night, I thought that at best, it will be a draw. That's how bad United is now. How much talent do we have? 600-700 million? And we can't beat West Ham.

Genuine question, would you take 17th but Europa, FA cup and League cup mini treble? What a rollercoaster of a season that would be.
I would only take Europa win as it would get us CL league football in in the top pot. However what is the point with this manager as we would finish bottom of our group again.

EtH cluld have been fired last season, the moment they got control of the club. Which might have made the season a bit better.

As frustrated as I am with Ten Hag, as much as I wanted him sacked in the summer I have to strongly disagree with this.

To come in and sack a manager in February before the football people you've hired could even start would be wrong.

One of the reasons we are stuck with yet another manager who is the wrong man/isn't good enough is that he was hired by people with no expertise in the sport.

Finally, United fans can have new feeling of mediocre clubs. Every match that I watch, I have a feeling that it is draw. Even the game last night, I thought that at best, it will be a draw. That's how bad United is now. How much talent do we have? 600-700 million? And we can't beat West Ham.
We are in danger of becoming plucky. I don't want to be plucky. I want us to wipes teams of the park.

No one result should get a manager sacked. His sacking has been justified for months. The Chelsea result is irrelevant to that.
Yes and that's why I think they just will not sack him this season. There were abundant reasons and opportunities to do so already. This "next game or bust" is press bullshite when they have no actual news.

It's actually mind blowing that he hasn't had the sack yet. When Man Utd are 14th in the table and the manager is sitting pretty, what the feck is going on?

It was crazy enough that he was allowed to continue into this season. I would have absolutely pissed myself laughing at that if I was an oppo fan.

As frustrated as I am with Ten Hag, as much as I wanted him sacked in the summer I have to strongly disagree with this.

To come in and sack a manager in February before the football people you've hired could even start would be wrong.

One of the reasons we are stuck with yet another manager who is the wrong man/isn't good enough is that he was hired by people with no expertise in the sport.
No, I do not think so. INEOS has sporting people, and they were working in the deal for over a year, so they should have immediately hired a caretaker to try to save our season, and then plan for a new manager in the summer.

No one result should get a manager sacked. His sacking has been justified for months. The Chelsea result is irrelevant to that.
Totally agreed. When Liverpool and Spurs can come in and smash us? How can this happen? He is a fraud.

Winning the FA cup last season threw this false hope on Ten Hag. Yesterday wasn't his fault, he didn't make Dalot miss an open net or VAR give that ridiculous penalty. He's having a bit of bad luck at the minute but he can't be relying on luck to win games.
Who knows what the future holds for him but I think he's on very thin ice.

No, I do not think so. INEOS has sporting people, and they were working in the deal for over a year, so they should have immediately hired a caretaker to try to save our season, and then plan for a new manager in the summer.
Yes. They just fumbled it internally. Analysis paralysis or whatever , they Amber Heard the bed.

It would be totally wrong, let's say it's Blanc that makes that decision. What if we then hire a sporting director and CEO who totally disagree.

I also think it was right to take a full overview of the club.

I totally understand people being frustrated with Ineos for not sacking him in the summer, I am. You're being a bit harsh though.

How are there now news, and barely any rumours today?

I'm going crazy here…

It would be totally wrong, let's say it's Blanc that makes that decision. What if we then hire a sporting director and CEO who totally disagree.

I totally understand people being frustrated with Ineos for not sacking him in the summer, I am. You're being a bit harsh though.
The deals were done earlier than the hires were announced. They absolutely could have gotten everyone's input way in advance.

If he repeats the line about last year being a success one more time I’m going to lose my mind. This is close to relegation form in 2024 ffs

It must only be a matter of time. Probably done by the Christmas break. I refuse to believe that we'll continue into 2025 with him managing us

Here we go again, we are not getting Nagelsmann. He's not gonna do a Lopetegui and leave his national team.
Depends if at his young age he feels he should be in club football. It is unusual for someone so young to be an international manager. It was always thought of an older mans job, someone who is winding down after a long club career.

As much as I disbelieve that article above, I'd like to think our hierarchy are genuinely trying to lure the likes of Nagelsmann, even if they get blown out.
Frank doesn't do it for me, but that's probably my biased opinion of him so far managing 'only' Brentford. A mate supports them, goes regularly, and rates him, but thinks he'll fail if he comes to us.
I hate the idea of compensating ETH - he doesn't deserve it. And I thought we didn't actually have to pay the full amount? Either way, we have to make the next full term appointment the right one.

Depends if at his young age he feels he should be in club football. It is unusual for someone so young to be an international manager. It was always thought of an older mans job, someone who is winding down after a long club career.
Being Germany's manager is one of the very few options he has that allow him to be close to his children who live with his ex wife. Family matters and that played a huge role why he accepted the role long term (until the World Cup) and not just as a interim solution.

I would only take Europa win as it would get us CL league football in in the top pot. However what is the point with this manager as we would finish bottom of our group again.
What if I offered you, 17th, Europa, Fa cup, League cup and then a new manager in the summer?
Southgate

He must be given two games to save his job though.

But seriously, Nagelsmann is not coming here but I would not be opposed to Frank as a short term fix. He’s not a coach that is going to win us the league or CL but could probably get us back in top 6 even this season and make us more solid.

I agree it is unusual however it is his home country and he's made a commitment. Breaking that is not gonna look good on him, it never does.

It must only be a matter of time. Probably done by the Christmas break. I refuse to believe that we'll continue into 2025 with him managing us
But the trouble is if they leave it to then we could realistically be in a relegation battle.

I said it after the international break that I no longer blame ETH. It’s been apparent that he is not good enough for a very long time. This whole mess sits squarely with the Ineos management team.

Being Germany's manager is one of the very few options he has that allow him to be close to his children who live with his ex wife. Family matters and that played a huge role why he accepted the role long term (until the World Cup) and not just as a interim solution.
Didn't know that. Fair enough.

I think it will be pure chaos as usual with them. Three result game.

It's been a rolling 3 result outlook for ages now. Kind of absurd frankly.
If he beats Leicester some might actually start whispering 'turning a corner'. Chelsea thrashes us, 'pressure piling up', beating Paok we'll get the 'over the rut', scoreless with Leicester 'tough to beat'.

I'm now at that state that i'm refreshing caf hoping to see an official statement.
Interestingly, the 'backers' have reduced by 5 in the last 24 hours. :lol:

We should go after Ancelotti if Perez has a meltdown after the El Classico match. Apparently Real is considering their manager options.
I have a 40 year old Rum at home, waiting to be opened when ETH is sacked.

Its funny a couple weeks ago I got laughed at by many on here saying we will be nearer to the relegation zone.. those deluded United fans said to me "No way we will"..

Under Ten Hag, I fully expect to be in a relegation scrap come christmas. All the evidence suggests that. Cant score more than 1 in a game and consistently look like conceding 2+ per game.

The most amazing stat will be that Ten Hag will have our three worse seasons in the PL under his belt. We are on pace to end the year with less than 50 points. We will end up in the bottom half of the table.

I look at the turn around at Chelsea or Barca under new managers and wonder how long we will wait. I guess the thought must be, let him finish the season, then can him. The next coach will be hired and put in a position that we are coming off three horrible seasons that any result that is slightly. Better is acceptable.

You should've quickly identified during the hiring process, that those 2 people are incompetent?

Ten Hag is an excellent litmus test of people's football aptitude. Anyone who couldn't see the light for at least a year, really has no credibility when it comes to this sport.

No I am saying the opposite. We should be bigger than most clubs and we aren't even better than some of the mid table teams. We are a mess.

Nonsense. The 8th best team is better than 12 teams, that's the majority. You are just moving the goalpost.

Would Xavi take an interim job? I very much doubt it personally.
Unlikely, although I think there is a fair chance that we'd be the club he would most want to join. Perhaps if there's an understanding (or outright clauses in the contract) that if he does well enough he'd get the job fulltime.

Alternatively, perhaps we'd offer him an 18month contract to take us through until the end of next season, so it'd be more than an interim but not long enough to really lock us in if it doesn't work out.

But the trouble is if they leave it to then we could realistically be in a relegation battle.

I said it after the international break that I no longer blame ETH. It’s been apparent that he is not good enough for a very long time. This whole mess sits squarely with the Ineos management team.

The problem is when you mention the R word to United fans they act as if we are too good /big to be drawn into that, rather than looking at the realistic picture.

I said the same thing, that if Ten Hag is in the job, we will be in a battle, I was told to grow up.

Its weird that the management accepts this, even moreso the fans who think we wont be in a battle.

We cant even get a point v West Ham who are probably worse than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.