Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but for how long? The challenge for the next manager (and any manager), is to bring consistency to the performances of this bunch of players. ETH clearly can't do it, but I'm also not convinced the group has a winning mentality collectively.

I think it's hard to judge players when there is clearly a fundamental issue with the direction and management of the team. Good managers (in sports, and generally) lift a group, and create a collective that might be better than the sum of it's parts.

The situation around the club must be negative. The noises from the manager (at least in public) usually sit somewhere between delusion and desperation. They'll be wondering whether/ when he's going to get the sack and who'll be next. There's the question of whether the players actually buy in to what he's trying to do. It must be a very difficult atmosphere to work in.

I personally think a winning mentality isn't something you either have as an individual, or don't, but is a collective thing. It's something you can create.

The problem is when you mention the R word to United fans they act as if we are too good /big to be drawn into that, rather than looking at the realistic picture.
You are right. I suggest every United fan should become familiar with the recent history of Hamburg. Just 15 years ago Bayern considered them their potentially biggest rival in Germany if they get their shit together, now they are the club in the Second Bundesliga which spent most seasons in a row there.

I think it's hard to judge players when there is clearly a fundamental issue with the direction and management of the team. Good managers (in sports, and generally) lift a group, and create a collective that might be better than the sum of it's parts.

The situation around the club must be negative. The noises from the manager (at least in public) usually sit somewhere between delusion and desperation. They'll be wondering whether/ when he's going to get the sack and who'll be next. There's the question of whether the players actually buy in to what he's trying to do. It must be a very difficult atmosphere to work in.

I personally think a winning mentality isn't something you either have as an individual, or don't, but is a collective thing. It's something you can create.

A typical example of management being an issue. How is it possible that from a tactical standpoint we don't operate differently whether we use Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, Antony or even Bruno on the wing? These are very different players with very different flaws and qualities but somehow the manager uses them and pretty every other players as if they are pawns instead of pieces. Also the obsession with forcing this 4231 on everything and everyone is beyond worrying.

The deals were done earlier than the hires were announced. They absolutely could have gotten everyone's input way in advance.

This is such a strange stance to me. We are a company traded on the New York Stock Exchange and what you are talking about doing is literally breach of contract. Didn't Ashworth very nearly get in trouble for trying this?

we need to keep sacking managers till we get one right. follow what other clubs are doing rather than this nonsense of sticking to manager.

once we get consistency and success with one then sticking to him through a lean period is fine for a season but this is rididculous when there is nothing to show.

You should've quickly identified during the hiring process, that those 2 people are incompetent?

Ten Hag is an excellent litmus test of people's football aptitude. Anyone who couldn't see the light for at least a year, really has no credibility when it comes to this sport.

The point is that if you are going to entrust Ashworth and Berrada with running the club then it's reasonable to wait and allow them to make that decision.

This is such a strange stance to me. We are a company traded on the New York Stock Exchange and what you are talking about doing is literally breach of contract. Didn't Ashworth very nearly get in trouble for trying this?
It's almosy impossible to make a case for a breach of contract. In a private conversation one could ask "what do you think about our manager" . I fact I certain it has happened.

we need to keep sacking managers till we get one right. follow what other clubs are doing rather than this nonsense of sticking to manager.

once we get consistency and success with one then sticking to him through a lean period is fine for a season but this is rididculous when there is nothing to show.
Completely agree, we used to be special.
Not anymore. Have to join the discourse. No point in sticking with managers stubbornly and being bottom of the league.

I've never witnessed such a shit show play out like this, in any professional sporting environment. Never mind one of the biggest football clubs in the world. Say he sneaks wins against Leicester now, what the feck do they do? Incrediby incompetent INEOS are.

It's almosy impossible to make a case for a breach of contract. In a private conversation one could ask "what do you think about our manager" . I fact I certain it has happened.

I'd just rather we did things properly and above board. Breaching contract law to use the services of someone employed by another club because we don't want to pay for them sits wrong with me for Manchester United. We aren't Man City.

Exactly. The holier than thou bullshit from the club does my head in, especially as we have sacked 4 managers in just over a decade.

Is Ormstein reliable? Just been sent a screen shot which I don't want to let fill me with hope if he isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.