Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
They obviousy doubted him, it's well known that Tuchel turned them down.
No it isn't.
Its actually well known that the club and tuchel had conditions without compromise. He didn't turn us down any more than we did to him.

Of course if you pick up Bild and youl get the Tuchel narrative.

They had to "give him a go" because all their prospects turned the job down, what was once the most wanted job in world football has been turned into a joked because of a series of poor decisons by the previous structure, namely the Glazers, and relying on Ferguson to name "the chosen one" and him picking a coach firmly entrenched in the seventies as far as coaching goes.
Again, they didn't. You're just guesstimating.

It frustrates me knowing we can lose 4-0 tomorrow and he’ll still be there for the next match

Can tell through his interviews that he feels very safe and is happy doing the minimum too

No it isn't.
Its actually well known that the club and tuchel had conditions without compromise. He didn't turn us down any more than we did to him.

Of course if you pick up Bild and youl get the Tuchel narrative.

Again, they didn't. You're just guesstimating.
What makes you think you know better?
It was widley reported by more than one source that his agents were approached, and Tuchel was consulted, it even got as far as discussing transfers, and that is where it failed, Tuchel wasn't happy with United's transfer policy.
Now whether that was because he wouldn't have the greater say in purchases or not, or even the budget, isn't known.

It may have been an excuse on Tuchels part, he may already have been approached by the FA for the England job, I'm not a believer in coincidences, Tuchel turns down United, then only a couple of months later accepts the England job, any manager who has basically won it all in Europe would only turn down United for the chance to manage a national side.

What makes you think you know better?
It was widley reported by more than one source that his agents were approached, and Tuchel was consulted, it even got as far as discussing transfers, and that is where it failed, Tuchel wasn't happy with United's transfer policy.
Now whether that was because he wouldn't have the greater say in purchases or not, or even the budget, isn't known.

It may have been an excuse on Tuchels part, he may already have been approached by the FA for the England job, I'm not a believer in coincidences, Tuchel turns down United, then only a couple of months later accepts the England job, any manager who has basically won it all in Europe would only turn down United for the chance to manage a national side.
Sorry, when did I say I think that? I'm telling you what was reported by tier one sources.

Tuchel wanted more control over transfers and we weren't willing to offer it (almost no big club does these days). That doesn't mean he rejected us any more than we rejected him. If we wanted him we'd have just said OK to those demands and signed him on (which our old regime did for managers time after time after time). This has been reported on Athletic affiliated podcasts.

The fact that Christian Falk has always did his twerking for the job saying he's open to the role tells you everything. The only outlets that you'll see driving some narrative that he rejected us and we threw everything at him would be German centric like Bild.

The consensus from the credible reporters, like those of Athletic, is that he wanted us and we liked him, the two parties spoke. Both had a difference on how the transfers should be run and neither budged.

And you saying every manager we spoke to turned us down is also a bit bollocks. Just a made up narrative.

I refuse to believe they will throw the whole season away. It doesn’t help anyone and just devalues the club and our assets.

He is a shite coach and anyone with eyes can see it. The “best in class” will already know, it’s just added time in his United career now.

I hope a defeat tomorrow will finally be the end of this farce.

Sorry, when did I say I think that? I'm telling you what was reported by tier one sources.

Tuchel wanted more control over transfers and we weren't willing to offer it (almost no big club does these days). That doesn't mean he rejected us any more than we rejected him. If we wanted him we'd have just said OK to those demands and signed him on (which our old regime did for managers time after time after time). This has been reported on Athletic affiliated podcasts.

The fact that Christian Falk has always did his twerking for the job saying he's open to the role tells you everything. The only outlets that you'll see driving some narrative that he rejected us and we threw everything at him would be German centric like Bild.

The consensus from the credible reporters, like those of Athletic, is that he wanted us and we liked him, the two parties spoke. Both had a difference on how the transfers should be run and neither budged.

And you saying every manager we spoke to turned us down is also a bit bollocks. Just a made up narrative.
I don't follow the German press, why would I, I'm in England.
I can only go by what was reported by several sources in the UK press and on Sky.
Whichever way you look at it, and depending on the stance you take, it is true that he was offered the job and turned down the terms offered by United.

Personally I have it on good authroity that two others were tentatively approached about the postion should it become vacant, both refused to even disuss it with the club.

I think it’s game over for Ten hag if we lose tomorrow. I’m not even sure a draw saves him.
Are we going to say this for every game from now until he is sacked or wins something? There is no indication from the club or hierarchy that anything is imminent. It’s just media BS and fans wishful thinking.

No we are not. We are in month 4 of the INEOS project. Yes the manager is the same but literally everything else has changed. Execs, coaches, backroom support and some players too.
But the most important part and objective of the project is what happens on the pitch and it's dire stuff. No style or improvement.

No we are not. We are in month 4 of the INEOS project. Yes the manager is the same but literally everything else has changed. Execs, coaches, backroom support and some players too.

What does this mean? The pitch counts. Ten Hags work is not dependent on the board, he is a coach first and foremost. He wont turn sudfebly into a brilliant tactician because Ashworth is holding his hand.

We’re definitely in year 3 of his project considering his tactics have not remotely evolved or changed and in fact actively making us worse. Besides even 4 months is a long time in football and most managers would be sacked the way he sets his teams up tactically and the results were getting. A clean slate for INEOS would have been to sack him, and start with a new manager.

Ineos have made approaches to at least five managers where the negotiations have basically failed -

Hoeneß rejected their offer out of hand. McKenna signed a new contract with Ipswich despite knowing their interest in him.

Tuchel and RdZ got to contract details but negotiations broke down for whatever reason.

And Ten Hag turned down a new contract, after they moronically briefed that he would sign one as part of their "negotiating with 8 other managers was all a ruse he's the best manager for us" propaganda.

So not only are the clowns at Ineos shit at terminating failed managers, their interest in the next manager spans every different style of play and philosophy under the sun, and their track record shows they probably cant land their top target even if they could figure out who that would be.

Last edited:
Flick has taken 2 months to turn barca around, we are in year 3 of this project.

I liked his work at Bayern and thought he should’ve been at least considered for the United role. I was told by many that his Bayern treble success was a fluke in the empty stadiums of the first Covid lockdowns.

So can we never hear it's a process again. Can we never hear it's a 3-year plan again? Can we never hear it's a rebuild that takes years, again.
Flick came in, and in 3 months has done what Hag can't do in 3 years and 600m spent.
All we need is good manager to make our team world class again now, not in 5 years . Enough of this United way crap.
Sack ETH asap

No, just no. Please just stop with this rhetoric. If you want to support the manager, by all means, but please don't make up stuff to try and absolve him of his failings.

No, just no. Please just stop with this rhetoric. If you want to support the manager, by all means, but please don't make up stuff to try and absolve him of his failings.
What’s made up? We have a new CEO, a new DOF, a new TD, new recruitment guys, new assistants to the manager, new medical staff, some of whom have only been in the job a couple of months.

It’s not rhetoric, it’s a statement of fact and nothing to do with supporting or absolving anyone.

It’s an important distinction to make, because in theory ten Hag is now properly supported and all his excuses have been taken away. He has been backed like never before in this club and now he needs to deliver or face the consequences.

I didn’t know implementing coaching and tactics on the pitch require the change of executive and owners.

Are we going to say this for every game from now until he is sacked or wins something? There is no indication from the club or hierarchy that anything is imminent. It’s just media BS and fans wishful thinking.
I have nothing off of which to base it except intuition. They’re seeing 3 straight draws in Europa and us languishing in the bottom half of the table. The reports of sounding out other managers have been picking up pace this week. Just seems to me things are reaching critical mass.

Why would there be any indication from INEOS? They're so good at what they do, they'd never let a leak happen.

If he's ever sacked, it will be out of the blue.

It’s confirmed, ETH officially has the cushiest job in football. Nothing is his responsibility, not even the first 26 months of his 29 months in charge. That’s 90% of his tenure. To casually write that off is something no big club would do. In fact, I don’t think an PL club views their Manager that way. It’s mind-boggling.

What’s made up? We have a new CEO, a new DOF, a new TD, new recruitment guys, new assistants to the manager, new medical staff, some of whom have only been in the job a couple of months.

It’s not rhetoric, it’s a statement of fact and nothing to do with supporting or absolving anyone.

It’s an important distinction to make, because in theory ten Hag is now properly supported and all his excuses have been taken away. He has been backed like never before in this club and now he needs to deliver or face the consequences.
What has all that got to do with his on pitch performances? Our recruitment before and after the takeover has been pretty much aligned in getting ETH the players he wants. There's been no major change in direction. The new background structure will take a couple of years at least to show it's impact. And on-pitch tactics have nothing to do with.

Do any other clubs have these weird fans that make so many excuses for their manager for performances on the pitch for stuff happening off it?

We'd find it hilarious if it was one of our rivals (well former rivals before Ten Hag dragged us to mid table) and they were blaming a change in CEO etc.

Do any other clubs have these weird fans that make so many excuses for their manager for performances on the pitch for stuff happening off it?

We'd find it hilarious if it was one of our rivals (well former rivals before Ten Hag dragged us to mid table) and they were blaming a change in CEO etc.
To be fair, it's half a dozen Caftards at most who consistently back him still. Maybe even less.

It's hilarious though. ten Hag was given an extra 200 million worth of players, new assistants, new coaches, new medical staff, etc. All in 2024. Yet the football still remains poor and the team continues to pick up injuries.

It couldn't possibly be the manager's fault.

Sack the manager sack the board. Said it for a while but INEOS are worse than Glazers.
DpklsRjWkAEFzy5.jpg:small

So can we never hear it's a process again. Can we never hear it's a 3-year plan again? Can we never hear it's a rebuild that takes years, again.
Flick came in, and in 3 months has done what Hag can't do in 3 years and 600m spent.
All we need is good manager to make our team world class again now, not in 5 years . Enough of this United way crap.
Sack ETH asap
flick doesn’t come in and make us brilliant again at any point during the last 2.5 years. there’s been a load of shite in the team. man for man, we’re nowhere near this barcelona side. the real black mark against ten hag is that he’s spent a shit load, we’ve jettisoned pretty much everyone he’s asked us to, yet we’re still shit.