Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I read this somewhere and it's so accurate, but also so fecking sad.

ETHs plan A failed, as in the way he actually wanted us to play, so now he has to resort to plan B or even plan C at times, just to keep his job! It's not even about progression, it's about survival. And INEOS and everyone in charge are seemingly accepting this!? Why? How? It's maddening and so plain to see for everyone. That's one of the biggest reasons why I (and probably so many others) want him gone already.
What was plan A and why did it fail and still failing? This doesn’t make sense as he coaches the players and spent a fortune bringing in players, as well as promoting from the youth, so surely he should be able to make plan A work!

What was plan A and why did it fail and still failing? This doesn’t make sense as he coaches the players and spent a fortune bringing in players, as well as promoting from the youth, so surely he should be able to make plan A work!
Plan A was somekind of high press and fast transition type of play, which as we have seen has failed. Because as mentioned, it's not how we play anymore, now it's about getting results(but in a very boring and poor way imo, we can barely score goals or string together passes) and his survival for the job.

Nothing to do with substandard, inexperienced, past it or just plain lazy players. Yes mate, it’s the fans.
Had so many of our fans not been blinded by the cup win last season to such a degree that our 8th place was seemingly forgotten and was vocally defending Ten Hag then Im confident he had been let go.
So yes, the fans who defend Ten Hag also has blame in all this.

Plan A was somekind of high press and fast transition type of play, which as we have seen has failed. Because as mentioned, it's not how we play anymore, now it's about getting results(but in a very boring and poor way imo, we can barely score goals or string together passes) and his survival for the job.
We saw bits of Plan A in one game and one game only then somehow it disappeared forever and that was in his first pre season game in his first season against Liverpool where we destroyed them. It looked like his Ajax side then we never saw it again after that.

I mentioned in the game thread that we are playing to save his job each game. There's no progression just EtH's survival on a game by game basis. It's a sham.

Yeah and it feels like we've been in this position for close to a year now. Where it's just game by game ETH trying to scrape through to survive another day. There's no proper style of play, there's zero joy or fun in watching us. It's all just grim performances trying to eke out enough points to make it to the next game.

It's completely ridiculous, no serious club should be behaving like this, certainly not for this long.

Do any other clubs have these weird fans that make so many excuses for their manager for performances on the pitch for stuff happening off it?

We'd find it hilarious if it was one of our rivals (well former rivals before Ten Hag dragged us to mid table) and they were blaming a change in CEO etc.

So like you in Ole’s tenure?

If it makes anyone feel better I dreamt he was sacked at half time and didn’t even come out for the second half last night. It was announced on TV as a substitution.

Sadly it wasn’t clear who we were playing or who replaced him. Felt weird though.

Maybe I should stop reading the Caf before bed :lol:

Crazy how the mood is assuming a loss before the game today.
Away at West Ham, lost there twice under Erik Ten Hag.

Away games we typically play terribly in and especially away in London.

Early kick off, the crowd will be right up for it.

West Ham looking for a spark to kick start their season. All signs point to a loss.

I think it’s like that before every game these days. Expectations are at an all time low and an away game at West Ham is the sort of fixture we almost can’t expect anything positive from.

When is the last time we played really well away from home at an aspiring top half side (not merely won against the run of play)? We would need to go back to 22-23 at least and even then going through all fixtures I don’t really see anything that would be particularly impressive.

If it makes anyone feel better I dreamt he was sacked at half time and didn’t even come out for the second half last night. It was announced on TV as a substitution.

Sadly it wasn’t clear who we were playing or who replaced him. Felt weird though.

Maybe I should stop reading the Caf before bed :lol:

Tent worthy dream that. My wife would have been impressed.

I think it’s like that before every game these days. Expectations are at an all time low and an away game at West Ham is the sort of fixture we almost can’t expect anything positive from. When is the last time we played well away from home at an aspiring top 10 side? We would need to go back to 22-23.

West Ham are absolute bobbins. If we were playing anyone remotely decent away from home, I would pencil us down for a loss. I'll go for a dour, uninspiring draw here.

West Ham are absolute bobbins. If we were playing anyone remotely decent away from home, I would pencil us down for a loss. I'll go for a dour, uninspiring draw here.
Good point. They’ve already been destroyed at home by Chelsea and City, and were thoroughly beaten by Spurs last weekend. They have been poor but can hardly be confident even against these. There are no teams in PL that I would feel very comfortable about.

I think we'll pinch a win because they've been terrible and we still have good, albeit not great, players who can decide tight games. The issue is that pinching narrow wins is the best we can hope for now so it's always going to go against us a lot of times when we're working with such a small margin for error.

Our record thier isn't great, tbf.

I had us down for 2 bore draws against Feberbache and West Ham so I'll stick with that.

West Ham looking for a spark to kick start their season. All signs point to a loss.

I think it’s like that before every game these days. Expectations are at an all time low and an away game at West Ham is the sort of fixture we almost can’t expect anything positive from.

When is the last time we played really well away from home at an aspiring top half side (not merely won against the run of play)? We would need to go back to 22-23 at least and even then going through all fixtures I don’t really see anything that would be particularly impressive.

I don't have much of an issue with pessimism but it's almost like there's assumption of a loss today. At least thats how a lot of the posts read.
It just felt over the top. We might lose who knows, but what's the point in the investment if you're entering with this much pessimism is all I wonder. I get we've been on the end of two spankings but we've shown we can beat big teams and easy teams whilst dropping points to them too.

feck it I'll go for a 3-1 win.

Yeah anyone expecting a win clearly pays no attention to away games under Ten Hag.

what's the point in the investment if you're entering with this much pessimism is all I wonder

These things aren't always a choice. We have 1 win in the last 7 games, a squad bereft of confidence, a poor manager and a really bad recent record where we are playing.

It's pretty understandable if people think a win is very unlikely. It's actually so understandable that it's a really weird question to ask on your behalf.

These things aren't always a choice. We have 1 win in the last 7 games, a squad bereft of confidence, a poor manager and a really bad recent record where we are playing.

It's pretty understandable if people think a win is very unlikely. It's actually so understandable that it's a really weird question to ask on your behalf.
Our league form isn't so bad that people should assume a loss. That's more than weird, it's projecting.

I don't have much of an issue with pessimism but it's almost like there's assumption of a loss today. At least thats how a lot of the posts read.
It just felt over the top. We might lose who knows, but what's the point in the investment if you're entering with this much pessimism is all I wonder. I get we've been on the end of two spankings but we've shown we can beat big teams and easy teams whilst dropping points to them too.

feck it I'll go for a 3-1 win.
The heart says we’re title contenders but the brain knows we are more likely to not win these days. It is what it is until INEOS and Sir Jim Glazer take their finger out.

This is so disingenuous it’s unreal. How can you honestly be surprised given everything on the pitch, and just the general mood on this forum these days?

Posts like that just make it seem like you’re simply eager to go paragraph for paragraph with someone. Come in post something silly, then enjoy the carnage. You love it :lol:

He could do with a win. As much as I think the last three away draws were good results, there's been a lot of them now and we really are rather win-deficient. Also quite simply this should (we can but hope) be an easier game than those. A point away to Premier League strugglers would really not be momentum building.

Our league form isn't so bad that people should assume a loss. That's more than weird, it's projecting.

I think we’ll win today because West Ham have been atrocious, but how is our league form not so bad? We’re on track for about a 10th place finish going by our form and PPG over the 8 league games. Over the past 5 in the league, we’ve won 2, drew 2 and lost 1. A modest uptick in form but replicate that over a whole season and we’d be 7th or 8th.

I know we’re not title contenders, but surely we’re at least trying to be a top 4 team? Right? Right?

We’re nowhere near where we need to be, but yes, we’ll likely win today (I hope).

Not sure what you feel people are projecting but people tend to lack confidence when you win one in seven and have the worst league start in over 30 years.

We have played 6 games away so far this season, with 1 win at Southampton, 1 loss at Brighton and 4 draws (villa, Porto, fenerbache, palace)

So I would say a draw would be the assumed result. Wouldn't be surprised though by a win/loss either way but only because us and west ham have both been pretty awful so far this season, if one teams wins it's likely because the other was poor.

I think we'll pinch a win because they've been terrible and we still have good, albeit not great, players who can decide tight games. The issue is that pinching narrow wins is the best we can hope for now so it's always going to go against us a lot of times when we're working with such a small margin for error.

A win wouldn't surprise me for the above reasons. Literally only because West Ham are shite.

We should all be expecting to or be very hopeful of a win due to how awful West Ham currently look, the fact the mood is pretty muted speaks volumes about our current situation.

West Ham will look at this as the perfect game to gain some confidence and kick start their season though. But we really should be winning.

This is so disingenuous it’s unreal. How can you honestly be surprised given everything on the pitch, and just the general mood on this forum these days?

Posts like that just make it seem like you’re simply eager to go paragraph for paragraph with someone. Come in post something silly, then enjoy the carnage. You love it :lol:
I am genuinely surprised with posts acting like we've lost to West Ham before a ball is kicked. I'm unsure what is disingenuous about that.

I think we’ll win today because West Ham have been atrocious, but how is our league form not so bad? We’re on track for about a 10th place finish going by our form and PPG over the 8 league games. Over the past 5 in the league, we’ve won 2, drew 2 and lost 1. A modest uptick in form but replicate that over a whole season and we’d be 7th or 8th.

I know we’re not title contenders, but surely we’re at least trying to be a top 4 team? Right? Right?

We’re nowhere near where we need to be, but yes, we’ll likely win today (I hope).
If your prediction is right and we do win today, we'd be what, 4 points off matching Villa who are currently in the top 4? How does that not make us trying to enter the top 4 conversation?

Not sure what you feel people are projecting but people tend to lack confidence when you win one in seven and have the worst league start in over 30 years.
I feel people are projecting a loss because a lot of them want one.

We have played 6 games away so far this season, with 1 win at Southampton, 1 loss at Brighton and 4 draws (villa, Porto, fenerbache, palace)

So I would say a draw would be the assumed result. Wouldn't be surprised though by a win/loss either way but only because us and west ham have both been pretty awful so far this season, if one teams wins it's likely because the other was poor.
So you've decided if we won today it's most likely because we haven't played well? Before a ball was kicked?

I am genuinely surprised with posts acting like we've lost to West Ham before a ball is kicked. I'm unsure what is disingenuous about that.

If your prediction is right and we do win today, we'd be what, 4 points off matching Villa who are currently in the top 4? How does that not make us trying to enter the top 4 conversation?

I feel people are projecting a loss because a lot of them want one.

So you've decided if we won today it's most likely because we haven't played well? Before a ball was kicked?

No, we could play well or west ham could play well. You never know. But going off the form of both teams this season it will likely be a low quality game.

No, we could play well or west ham could play well. You never know. But going off the form of both teams this season it will likely be a low quality game.
Okay that's not a bad prediction given how things are going. But lets see how the game goes I guess.