Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lots of delusional posters who think Ten Hag is gone after each game.

He has the support of the directors and players. Only a couple big losses in a row will see him gone.
You're right he's going nowhere. But if this is the players 'supporting him' I'd hate (even more) to see see their performances when they don't.

Pretty sure the directors are disgusted with his performance too.

Touched a nerve I see. Trophies are no1 no question. If we can’t win PL (we can’t), trophies are the next big thing.
League form is the bread and butter measurement of where we are at as a team. Not cups. They’re knockout contests which rely on luck as much as anything. Nice to win for sure but league is the true measurement and we’re not in a good place

I hear what you're saying but I do think you've gone a bit far - for example can you share the press conference where he said fans can't form their own opinions?

He may well have said something similar but I'd like to know, because on this forum there have been posters concluding something that wasn't said. For example when he said yesterday that the media were making fairytales, I saw a post say he was excusing us being shit because of the media. I don't think what he was doing.

I'm trying to find the exact one I'm referring to but it's buried amongst a lot of other articles at this stage. Like I said, he was asked about fans not being happy and said they listen to the media. Similar to this sentiment below from after the Coventry game...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/erik-ten-hag-facts-wrong-29045788

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...manchester-united-fans-backing-amid-struggles

A bit hard to understand his point in the above one and whether he's taking aim at some fans or not.

Touched a nerve I see. Trophies are no1 no question. If we can’t win PL (we can’t), trophies are the next big thing.
So you would take:
A - a repeat of last season, or
B - a season of watching good football week in week out with no trophy?

«We have a mountain to climb, but I am sure we´ll come out of it with success, just like the last two seasons»
«I see good things, good patterns…»

He actually thinks last season was a success!?

This level of denial and delusion is beyond compare.
He seems to believe that if he repeats this mantra it will somehow make people believe him..

I’d take a cup and a gradual improvement in league form.
Not answering the question then. If we can't win the PL the next best thing is to get closer to being competitive. Domestic cups do nothing to achieve that.

Not answering the question then. If we can't win the PL the next best thing is to get closer to being competitive. Domestic cups do nothing to achieve that.
Being competitive and cup wins having nothing to do with each other? :lol:

From the discussion, a lot of it has veered into if he will be sacked, rather than if he should be sacked. It’s almost like we need two polls, or splitting of this poll into five options. We need to cover what people want, and what they think will happen
  • Should and will be sacked before the end of the season
  • Should be sacked before the end of the season, but won’t
  • He shouldn’t be sacked before the end of the season but will be
  • He shouldn’t be sacked before the end of the season, and won’t be
  • Nothing matters/I don’t know/I don’t care
I’d be curious who picks the 3rd option and how the “Sack” crowd splits on likelihood of him actually getting sacked.

Would I regret staying up well past midnight to watch it here in Australia? Hmmm
If you don't have enough regret in your life for living in that spider infested firepit then, sure, top it up by watching us play football.

If you don't have enough regret in your life for living in that spider infested firepit then, sure, top it up by watching us play football.

Locked in a room full of tarantulas or a room full of TV's playing a stream of us haplessly piss around at the back until our attackers flick the ball into a defender?

Close call.

Locked in a room full of tarantulas or a room full of TV's playing a stream of us haplessly piss around at the back until our attackers flick the ball into a defender?

Close call.
It's tricky. A web of spider jizz or a web of Ten Hag lies?

From the discussion, a lot of it has veered into if he will be sacked, rather than if he should be sacked. It’s almost like we need two polls, or splitting of this poll into five options. We need to cover what people want, and what they think will happen
  • Should and will be sacked before the end of the season
  • Should be sacked before the end of the season, but won’t
  • He shouldn’t be sacked before the end of the season but will be
  • He shouldn’t be sacked before the end of the season, and won’t be
  • Nothing matters/I don’t know/I don’t care
I’d be curious who picks the 3rd option and how the “Sack” crowd splits on likelihood of him actually getting sacked.
To me there’s no question he’s getting sacked.

It just comes down as to why INEOS is delaying the inevitable.

Only Ralf Rangnick has an overall worse record than Ten Hag of United’s managers since Alex Ferguson left the club in 2013, and the German was only in charge for 29 games.
Jim?? Are you reading this?
That has to be league only (or is simply wrong). In all comps, only Mourinho is better while Ole and ETH are virtually tied in second place (ETH is fractionally ahead but a loss today moves Ole ahead). LVG is fourth with Moyes last.

Spurs cruising past their opponents, while we stick with this joker.

I don't really get this. If you weren't here posting when they collapsed a 2 nil lead in their last game then this type of post is just way too shallow.

I like postecoglu and spurs show more style than us but his results are overall a shade worse than ten hags and had they lost today there'd have been sacking talk.

Its a strange post on its own like this - seems emotional or something

I don't really get this. If you weren't here posting when they collapsed a 2 nil lead in their last game then this type of post is just way too shallow.

I like postecoglu and spurs show more style than us but his results are overall a shade worse than ten hags and had they lost today there'd have been sacking talk.

Regardless, it's true. When is the last time we scored 4 goals in the league?

Probably because for all of their faults, they are often very nice to watch.

Haven’t been able to say the same for us for 5 years

I don’t know, let’s see where we are in May?

Well we were reigning champions in a domestic trophy last season, did that make us competitive in the league?

We have started off again with our worst ever Premier League start this season too.

We are trending downwards so it doesn't seem winning domestic trophies is doing piss all to help our league form or European form for that matter. Things that a Man Utd manager should actually be judged on.

Regardless, it's true. When is the last time we scored 4 goals in the league?

That seems like a separate point to me. And one I don't disagree with. I just see no sense it being so reactive to a good spurs result if you're also just ignoring their awful collapse and poor results

Probably because for all of their faults, they are often very nice to watch.

Haven’t been able to say the same for us for 5 years

I don't disagree with this. I just don't see the point in these races to react to anything positive at a rival club if we're also just ignoring failings there. It reminds me of the sancho thread which erupts with any simple assist and is quiet after average showings.

Its like wilfully driving oneself mad

Yeh win, lose or draw it's just not enough. We are basically on par with teams like Brentford and Fulham. Obviously Brentford are a decent team and these are the types of performances you'd expect in his first season, but to be at this level and having every game be a coin toss after 3 seasons and the amount of money spent is just ridiculous

Trust the process etc

We're the second lowest scoring team in Europe's top 5 leagues. Only Lecce have scored less.