Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simply making the CL next season easily makes up the £17m with plenty left over. Hell, we instantly lose £10m just from the Adidas sponsorship when we don't make the CL. Other sponsors likely have similar (albeit smaller) clauses in their contract. That's not to mention the significant tv money while in the CL, the higher attendance income, and simply the extra prizemoney at the end of the season purely for finishing higher up in the PL table. All up, not making the CL next season will probably cost us something along the lines of £40m (and that's just making the group stages, it'd be higher if we could go deeper into the tournament).
Agreed, finding the exact amt was like a needle in a haystack, but looks like close to 19 mil on qualifying, the only issue, will they qualify with or without him? The fact is there was a trend that was evident. It was not positive nor progressing. I do not see this trend changing with ETH at the helm. We can talk the process all we want, he was involved in several moves that one would believe would move the team forward, it hasn't. Doing the same things the same way expecting a different result is insanity. Brentford today, who sit above us should be a telling point. The expectation should be a 3-0 win in our favour. If ETH does not lay out this expectation and drive the players to execute successfully it could mean the season is done.

I don't understand why we think the only time that pace is of use is out wide. Love to see Garnacho or Amad running through the middle at opposition defences.

Stop crying over it. McTominay is as average as it gets.

Well if he likes him so much, then why get Mount ?? His first season, McTominay was completely benched and looked like was going to be sold. It was not until he started scoring for his NT that ETH tried him in a new position and he scored some crucial goals for him, that he became a important player for him. Does not look good that he saw McT in training everyday and never tried him in an attacking position until he started doing it for his NT.

A manager on his last legs. His latest press conference was riddled with jargon and insecurities. "Last season was a success".. he finished 8th, barely scraped a FA cup win. He is currently 14th. I can see why he struggles to motivate this pathetic bunch of players too. Ten Hag will be sent packing soon enough

Can't we put an interim in place until then, mind you that's a very long time to be in charge
Completely agree. It’s insane to keep a manager around who nobody trusts to do the job. Must be very demotivating for the players.

IMO, we should fire him ASAP and appoint Ruud as interim while we wait for whoever INEOS have set their eyes on.

A manager on his last legs. His latest press conference was riddled with jargon and insecurities. "Last season was a success".. he finished 8th, barely scraped a FA cup win. He is currently 14th. I can see why he struggles to motivate this pathetic bunch of players too. Ten Hag will be sent packing soon enough
He keeps repeating that there were no trophies the six years before he came in. For some reason, it seems like he believes the cups mean a lot to United, and that winning it is progress. However he came to the conclusion that last season was progress eludes me though.

It's hilarious how every time he is questioned about us being shit he just says well we won a trophy.

That's great and all but we came 8th and are all but guaranteed to get about the same or worse this season.

Completely agree. It’s insane to keep a manager around who nobody trusts to do the job. Must be very demotivating for the players.

IMO, we should fire him ASAP and appoint Ruud as interim while we wait for whoever INEOS have set their eyes on.

Entirely this. There’s been nothing about ETH’s management that warrants a fourth or fifth season at Old Trafford. Let Ruud take the helm now while we sort out the manager for next season. Surely Ruud can’t do any worse that ten Hag and perhaps he’ll do much better.

It's hilarious how every time he is questioned about us being shit he just says well we won a trophy.

That's great and all but we came 8th and are all but guaranteed to get about the same or worse this season.

Even Jose wouldn't stoop so low. Yeah, he referenced trophies, but not when lingering in 14th on the table. You have to pick a time and a place to brag.

Has us finishing 8th with a negative GD and then has the balls to try and gaslight us into thinking we won last season. Amazing.

Cant wait to see him gone.

I think people thinking he’ll be sacked if we lose badly today will be disappointed. INEOS will look even more daft if they did that after bizarrely leaving him place through the international break. He’s got at least a couple games left I think, undeservingly.

The hiding behind the FA cup win is pretty tragic. I suppose he was given that ability when it literally saved his job though.

It's also telling. There is no issue with being happy to win the FA Cup but he demonstrates no ambition, no high expectations from himself or the squad. How many managers are like that and successfully switch things up later? Can you actually expect to have a highly ambitious core of players in the squad without them turning against the manager?

I’m struggling to think of one player he has improved
Dalot.

That's it. Fred also had arguably his best form under ETH but that seemed to be because he was finally played in the correct position rather than anything that ETH really did to improve him as a player. Some will say Scott as well who scored more goals, but once again that's just due to being played in an attacking position, and personally I feel that other than the goals the rest of his game actually got worse.

And yet he’s still deemed the best option by our elite management structure.

Those figures are utterly horrific. He’s failing at literally every single metric.
Horrific indeed, no trophies either. Failed at the one that counts most too.

Even Jose wouldn't stoop so low. Yeah, he referenced trophies, but not when lingering in 14th on the table. You have to pick a time and a place to brag.
Hes not bragging its basically his Jose 3 times thing. Its a defensive move

Last edited:
He's the reason the standards are so low. If he's content with last season and see's that as a success then how can the players themselves be motivated to do better ?

Its a joke really.

damning article.

c22e1b799cd5074e7ae77288b18fc809236c538c.pnj

cc5309483ec614507895a537311a44ec64fcea3d.pnj
After all the money spent, just look at those numbers. Thanks for cups but it's been so frustrating in league and Europe for sooo long now.

The hiding behind the FA cup win is pretty tragic. I suppose he was given that ability when it literally saved his job though.

Remember when we used to laugh at some of the stuff other teams managers used to say. Now we have a coach who has sunk to new lows in terms of what he's coming out with and I think most of the fanbase want to casually pretend it's not happening. It'll be a long time before any of our lot can have a laugh at another teams coach again.