Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
'Sir Jim Ratcliffe likes the possibility of Thomas Tuchel taking over #mufc from Erik ten Hag. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]'

Methinks Luckhurst likes the possibility of EtH losing his job as Naughty Erik booted him out of the pressroom for being a wee snake.

Whatever you say about him, man is a survivor.
He is a freaking wizard. I’m honestly impressed at how he’s played our entire board and all of the ‘footballing structure’.

Fans being angry with INEOS already is peak clown show. :lol:
Is it? For a lot of fans, peak clown show is what we're seeing on pitch every week under the guidance of a manager who looks unable to improve performances adequately.

They feel INEOS should have already acted decisively and sacked a struggling manager who is showing no signs of improving the performances and level of consistency of his team.

Maybe we want to wait until Summer to get him a proper striker to see how he’d do with one.

Still find it bizarre how so many seem to be reading so much into absolutely nothing being reported. That's on both sides too.

I thought people wanted our business to be kept behind closed doors rather than the Woodward style of leaks to the press.

Ideally they're taking the proper steps to sound out managerial options before they decide whether to go interim, permanent or stick with Ten Hag. I don't think it's as simple as deciding he's sacked and immediately announcing he's sacked.

'Sir Jim Ratcliffe likes the possibility of Thomas Tuchel taking over #mufc from Erik ten Hag. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]'

Methinks Luckhurst likes the possibility of EtH losing his job as Naughty Erik booted him out of the pressroom for being a wee snake.
Luckhurst is a fecking child, if you’ve ever had the misfortune to listen to the Manchester is red podcast you’ll hear the most negative downbeat podcast on your life, as if it’s not bad enough being a United fan with all the negativity around the club as it is, that cnut likes to wade in with both barrels and you can tell he’s bitter as feck, even on the odd occasion he says something positive it sounds like a negative.

Surely the M.E.N. are embarrassed with his shit, I’m actually a little embarrassed for them.

Wait for it…

“INEOS decide to stick with Ten Hag after Southgate sabbatical confirmed”

Is it not possible to be happy and celebrate an FA cup final win while at the same time wanting the manager to feck off because it doesn't overwrite 18 months of dreadful, depressing form?

Also, comparing the FA cup to a CL win is ridiculous.
For some it wasn’t possible to celebrate that game. It’s stupid, especially in a bad period you should enjoy our good moments.

Be critical when we play poorly, but don’t bring it up when we have a good game. Otherwise what’s the point?

I think your interactions here have highlighted how hyper emotional a large portion of the fanbase are currently which makes it nigh on impossible to discuss the topic meaningfully.

They can’t comprehend everything doesn’t have to be black and white. You can want him gone but not feel negative about every other aspect of the club at the same time. This is possible, and dare I say it, the more logical assessment.
Thank you Tuvok.

The more I think about it. These guys probably did have their hearts set on Southgate to come in and settle the ship. Now he’s saying he needs a year off, their twiddling their thumbs thinking they have no options.
It seemed to be a consistent theme that the better/higher-tier the journalist was, the more they said there was no interest in Southgate. On the flip side, it seemed that the worse the source was the more they linked us to him.

As such I doubt there was ever any real interest, and the links were just media rubbish to generate clicks and revenue.

If you want to remain successful at the top, you should never tolerate mediocrity in any form.

14th in the league and constantly dishing out boring playing style week after week YET he is still in job till now.

Pathetic

Various stances is staggering at this point. How can people view it that differently from the obvious? I get Utd fans of a certain type still backing him. But these aren’t fans, they should be so much more cut throat and unforgiving.

Sounds like some of the 'football hierarchy ' are trying to cover their arses.

I mean I'm not particularly annoyed with Ineos but the above would be a pretty good reason if true. Keeping on a manager who was clearly not good enough due to a lot of noise from reactionary fans on twitter? Sounds silly.
Dosn't just sound silly, it is silly, Ratcliffe is a hard-nosed businessman, he didn't get where he is by reacting to noise on social media

Fans being angry with INEOS already is peak clown show. :lol:
Well... I have been critical of their approach from the beginning and so far (while I acknowledge that they did some good stuff in the transfer window) have not seen much reason to get more confident in them. Not everyone thinks of them as saviours, and it's not a clown show to think that way.

It’s like the kid at school who never gets detention even though he never does his homework

Variations in stances? What half head is making the case to keep him?!

I imagine this would not have been very different from our debates on here. :lol:

I think your interactions here have highlighted how hyper emotional a large portion of the fanbase are currently which makes it nigh on impossible to discuss the topic meaningfully.

Did you not start spamming the thread yesterday demanding another poster list the reasons they love Man Utd then call them pathetic?

For some it wasn’t possible to celebrate that game. It’s stupid, especially in a bad period you should enjoy our good moments.

Be critical when we play poorly, but don’t bring it up when we have a good game. Otherwise what’s the point?

It’s actually the opposite of stupid and it’s the opposite of what the other one calls “hyper-emotional”. It would be completely logical and unemotional for someone who had come to the opinion that a manager was not competent to be ambivalent about short term results that prolong their tenure - to the detriment of long term success, better football, fan happiness and the enduring health of the club.

Various stances is staggering at this point. How can people view it that differently from the obvious? I get Utd fans of a certain type still backing him. But these aren’t fans, they should be so much more cut throat and unforgiving.
The money people would likely be against a sacking. All those savings from redundancies will be undone overnight if/when they sack him, and worsened further still in hiring another coach along with their staff. Any miniscule sliver of hope that Ten Hag could turn it around will likely be held onto by those behind the cuts, for one.

This just boggles the mind. If they want to adopt an 'evidence-based' approach, then he should've been sacked in the summer. The 'evidence' is that we've been crap for a season and a half almost. What more do they want to see?

What is this certain type and who are you determine who is or isn't a fan?

What an absolute mess if our owners want the manager gone but the recruitment team thinks we should stick with him. Hopefully this is bullshit because everyone at the club needs to be on the same page even if we don't agree with their decisions.

What an absolute mess if our owners want the manager gone but the recruitment team thinks we should stick with him. Hopefully this is bullshit because everyone at the club needs to be on the same page even if we don't agree with their decisions.
While I am critical of many issues around INEOS this is none of them. It's not realistic to always expect everybody to be on the same page and it's not important. What is important is that everybody understands his roles and respects the opinion of the experts in areas that are not his own.

So if Ratcliffe personally wants to sack EtH but doesn't enforce it because he trusts Ashworth it is a good sign for for a working structure and good relationships on board level.

Did you not start spamming the thread yesterday demanding another poster list the reasons they love Man Utd then call them pathetic?

No you have it all wrong. That was just @TheReligion giving us a clear example of a hysterical poster taking a thread miles off topic after becoming hyper emotional.

He was giving us a blueprint of how not to do it. We must protect the meaningfulness of discussion in football threads at all costs.

I think with Omar and Ashworth etc, there all about saving money as we’ve seen by getting rid of a lot of staff and the way they approached the market. So there’s no chance they’d pay 17m on sacking a manager. Although it makes sense in the long run as missing top 4 is gonna cost us loads
How in the hell could you possibly know there is no chance?

Nobody has a clue about how they operate in the background

The money people would likely be against a sacking. All those savings from redundancies will be undone overnight if/when they sack him, and worsened further still in hiring another coach along with their staff. Any miniscule sliver of hope that Ten Hag could turn it around will likely be held onto by those behind the cuts, for one.

The "money people" in a business look at more than spend. Paying to get rid is a significant outgoing, but continued poor performance obviously impacts future revenue. Every league position costs money, and will have an impact on commercial deals as well.

If the cost of sacking him was a decisive factor, why take up the option on his contract to extend by a further year?

Also, there's no way the Accountants are dictating to the multi-million pound a year footballing executives what they can and can't do. That's why this is all so frustrating. The "best in class" footballing structure are making the calls.

Excuse my lack of intelligence.. are you saying to sack him would cost more money than to pay him for the remainder of his contract? - Think about what I’ve just asked! If the answer is No, then I don’t know what there is to think about in all honesty.

Hiring new coaching staff? If they are building the club as they keep telling us they are, they are only hiring at max 3 additional coaches who’s wages are never going to be extravagant.

As an example: We hire Tuchel. Do you reckon his number two who 95% of us probably has never heard of is going to be on £1m a year? Would that be what Bayern was paying him.