Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
The scenes at OT when they are warming up. No sight of Ten Hag. Ruud in the hot seat.

Suddenly, Ruud rips his face off! It’s not Ruud, it’s a mask!

Ten Hag! Ten Hag! Ten Hag is here!

United’s new investor is brought out..

Vince McMahon!

But there's a twist. Eth rips his face off again and he reveals the real person managing united all along. Frank de boer

Literally the worst of all worlds.

He gets paid the same money regardless so that doesnt change.

The players that did treat him with respect no longer will do because they'll know his opinion on them is irrelevant, the squad as a whole will treat him as badly as they treated Ralf.

If the club continues in relegation form (which it will do) he still has to get sacked.

If some kind of miracle happens and we get amazing results in spite of Hag, then we end up in the same situation Bayern were in with fans and players petitioning the club to renege on the termination. Screwing up all succession planning.

And then there's the giant opportunity cost of not potentially finding a top replacement mid season (such as Tuchel) or achieving better results than we would otherwise with an interim (such as Ruud).

The absolute worst case scenario would be that he does just enough to somehow stay on beyond this season.

Anyway, hopefully, none of these scenarios eventuate and he is gone soon. :lol:

The board have probably looked at it with a clear head and realised there are actually a lot of positives to take from the season so far. We conceded less shots. 4 clean sheets AND we're 4 points clear of the drop.

Let's focus on the good not the bad. When Ten Hag gets us into a relegation fight, then they'll maybe consider sacking him.
"A clear head" "MAYBE CONSIDER sacking him if he gets us into a relegation fight".

Im sorry but by "us" you mean Everton right? I swear standards are getting lower and lower under baldy and some supporters are ok with it.

This argument doesn't really hold up because there's countless cases of people with 'more data' to work with than the average person that still make horrendous decisions that most people can see from a mile away.

Would it not be true that Woodward, Arnold, Murtough etc. had more data than the average fan too? It's not a given that they then make good decisions with that data.

If we're going to make the argument that there's been too little time to judge INEOS, then by the same account, isn't it true that it's been too short a time to have full faith in them? If we're able to praise them already as many have, then they should also not be immune to doubts or concerns over some of their actions.

I never claimed information made anyone infallible, in fact I explicitly said it didn't in this thread, only that it in this situation (the are Ineos rubbish) , not having it creates a grey area.

I agree the previous regime were shite, and mostly because we have a wide spread of information to show us. I think it's harsh to condemn INEOS on one decision, considering they've been here a short while and been so positive and proactive in bringing about what they see as positive change.

I've never said anything but that. People are at fever pitch and going mad over very mild statements.

Fergie's brain in a vat, like Morbius, until mid-March when Ruud will take over.

Then Gristlin' Jim decides who we wants: Jenrick or Bad enoch.

I'd take a spider with four arses and a whole host of other cultural references over Bald is Burst and his myriad excuses.

Also, rescind the membership of the fanbase. How dare we celebrate winning the cup? Holier than thou attitude is holding us back.

This stuff about mysterious secret 'data' relating to ETH is a joke right?

The only 'data' that Ineos have on him that we dont have access to is what's written in his contract, obviously. Even then, we know roughly what it'll cost to sack him based on £9m a year that would probably take £12-15m for the club to pay off in a lump sum.

The idea that information associated with running a business is mysterious is a nonsense that has arisen in this thread. You've just pointed out info we don't have and there is obviously more. You are all being absurd to think you know all the workings of a huge club like United.

I never claimed information made anyone infallible, in fact I explicitly said it didn't in this thread, only that it in this situation it creates a grey area.

I agree the previous regime were shite, and mostly because we have a wide spread of information to show us. I think it's harsh to condemn INEOS on one decision, considering they've been here a short while and been so positive and proactive in bringing about what they see as positive change.

I've never said anything but that. People are at fever pitch and going mad over very mild statements.
I think your interactions here have highlighted how hyper emotional a large portion of the fanbase are currently which makes it nigh on impossible to discuss the topic meaningfully.

They can’t comprehend everything doesn’t have to be black and white. You can want him gone but not feel negative about every other aspect of the club at the same time. This is possible, and dare I say it, the more logical assessment.

I think your interactions here have highlighted how hyper emotional a large portion of the fanbase are currently which makes it nigh on impossible to discuss the topic meaningfully.

They can’t comprehend everything doesn’t have to be black and white. You can want him gone but not feel negative about every other aspect of the club at the same time. This is possible, and dare I say it, the more logical assessment.

Hyper emotional is one possible explanation. "We don't possess all the facts" has become "moses says ineos have magic secret mysterious data".

And then that's the debate, does magic secret mysterious data exist.

Why are fans angry with ineos? They bent to the majority of fans wishes in keeping the FA cup winner and they backed him with 200m worth of transfers Surely these fans haven't changed their minds after 7 games? Our EPL record had been shit for over a year now. Surely fans has taken that in account last summer

Hyper emotional is one possible explanation. "We don't possess all the facts" has become "moses says ineos have magic secret mysterious data".

And then that's the debate, does magic secret mysterious data exist.
Well there’s also those here who do think they know better than everyone else.

The ‘we told you so’ posters who want to blame others who got behind Ten Hag and underline that they had reservations. Again, despite the fact you can still have reservations but be supportive of the club and hope these reservations iron themselves out in time.

You also have those who just want to blame whoever they can and project as much as possible. The fanbase, INEOS/Ratcliffe, the media, or anyone who dares to bring a slightly less foamed at the mouth view to the table on Red Cafe.

Well there’s also those here who do think they know better than everyone else.

The ‘we told you so’ posters who want to blame others who got behind Ten Hag and underline that they had reservations. Again, despite the fact you can still have reservations but be supportive of the club and hope these reservations iron themselves out in time.

You also have those who just want to blame whoever they can and project as much as possible. The fanbase, INEOS/Ratcliffe, the media, or anyone who dares to bring a slightly less foamed at the mouth view to the table on Red Cafe.
Yeah, personally this is all noise. Self fuelled, self perpetuating noise. Even worse noise than transfer season. I guess I don't like the soap opera aspect of 'supporting' a football club. Nobody is arguing that he doesn't warrant sacking. We're basically having a heated debate on admin.

It's disappointing to see what I believe to be a pretty decent squad go to waste. Not a great squad, and most definitely not worthy of a title challenge, but still a squad that should be playing pleasing football, challenging for Top 5 and building towards something.

When is he back from holiday?

I never understood why people have a holiday in the international period. Why don’t they work extra hard with the players that are not on international duty? Do extra work on video, skills en fitness. Work and talk extra with the injured players. Get some youth involved. The players with the national teams are not on holiday and are training and playing games.

I never understood why people have a holiday in the international period. Why don’t they work extra hard with the players that are not on international duty? Do extra work on video, skills en fitness. Work and talk extra with the injured players. Get some youth involved. The players with the national teams are not on holiday and are training and playing games.

And he doesn't deserve a f**king holiday.

Why are fans angry with ineos? They bent to the majority of fans wishes in keeping the FA cup winner and they backed him with 200m worth of transfers Surely these fans haven't changed their minds after 7 games? Our EPL record had been shit for over a year now. Surely fans has taken that in account last summer
Hopefully they wont listen to fans when it comes into managerial appointment anymore. Fans tend to follow emotion more than anything. They can listen to other complaints, prices, facilities, players, etc. But not when it comes into board/manager. Thats a very high level decision that requires a lot of analysis. Not emotion.

He's currently working extra hard on a tan.

"A clear head" "MAYBE CONSIDER sacking him if he gets us into a relegation fight".

Im sorry but by "us" you mean Everton right? I swear standards are getting lower and lower under baldy and some supporters are ok with it.

I was being dramatic but yes, if being 14th place as Manchester United manager isn't enough to get you the sack then I can only assume we'd have to be in the relegation zone for him to go.

The standards are embarrassingly low.

They are angry with everyone, especially people who aren't angry.
And I’m angry.. I think most people are angry but are still able to keep their emotions in check to discuss different perspectives reasonably.

Or at least they should be.

It’s absolutely unreasonable to be writing off INEOS because they didn’t come immediately out of the meeting yesterday with a US style Bin Laden announcement of ‘we got him’ whilst simultaneously unveiling Tuchel.

I reckon he’s gone and they just want to make the right call now wether that be interim and someone down the line or the right man now.
They will look pretty fecking stupid if they do a root and branch review of his tenure in May, declare him the best option out there, buy him players in the summer and then have to pot him not 6 months later. It just makes them look like they don't know what they are doing.

It can be good to get away and decompress, and from the look of him, he badly needs his stress levels lowered, at which time he may be able to think with better clarity and cognitive function.

I know what you mean in terms of personable touch, but the reality is, just because the teacher isn’t over your shoulder you don’t have homework to be getting on with, so that’s two separate issues.

If we are lumbered with him, a revitalised version is better than a frazzled one.

They will look pretty fecking stupid if they do a root and branch review of his tenure in May, declare him the best option out there, buy him players in the summer and then have to pot him not 6 months later. It just makes them look like they don't know what they are doing.

They have their excuse though, the footballing dept of Barrada etc weren’t in place at the time and now the decision lies with them.

Fans being angry with INEOS already is peak clown show. :lol:

I'm not angry, just wary.

Can't allow the Woodward-era cronyism and 'mate's rates' to continue.

Not saying it is happening, though.

Proof is in the pudding, I guess.

Not reading much into they not sacking a manager to assuage the internet or Grauniad journalists who have a problem with us, anyway.

They have a big call to make but wisely are weighing up succession before jumping in.

We shall see.

I'm standing by my prediction that he'll be here till Christmas and sacked after they lose to Newcastle, end of December.

They'll want him out before the January transfer window and the new manager bounce means they beat Liverpool in the first week of the new year.

Why are fans angry with ineos? They bent to the majority of fans wishes in keeping the FA cup winner and they backed him

I mean I'm not particularly annoyed with Ineos but the above would be a pretty good reason if true. Keeping on a manager who was clearly not good enough due to a lot of noise from reactionary fans on twitter? Sounds silly.

I'm standing by my prediction that he'll be here till Christmas and sacked after they lose to Newcastle, end of December.

They'll want him out before the January transfer window and the new manager bounce means they beat Liverpool in the first week of the new year.
Its looking more and more unlikely that he'll be sacked now as you say.

The problem with keeping ETH until Christmas and then giving a new manager the transfer window is they wont have had any time with the current squad to decide what players can or can't fit the new system (please god let there be a system). Obviously, a striker with pedigree is a must in January.
It would make more sense to me to get the new manager in now to give him a couple of months to implement his system and properly assess the squad.

I mean I'm not particularly annoyed with Ineos but the above would be a pretty good reason if true. Keeping on a manager who was clearly not good enough due to a lot of noise from reactionary fans on twitter? Sounds silly.
He was kept on because Tuchel didn’t want it .

LVG was sacked in 2016 and even to this day you can hardly read a discussion about his time at United without multiple people prefacing it with “it was disgraceful how he was sacked after winning the FA Cup.” Eight years down the line and United fans still use that stick to beat the club (and Glazers/Woodward) with despite LVG being a fecking awful manager for us. Too many Utd fans are too sentimental for their own good.

And to address your “7 games in” comment. Actually yes, Ten Hag had a ton of support from the fans after the cup final, and yes, most of them have changed their mind after 7 games.

Unless someone leaks soemthing, we won't know the reasons, but the most likely option right now is the limited choice of replacements.

I know ratcliffe likes gareth southgate, but I doubt the footballing people do. Southgate is far too timid to be our manager. Spending 10 million or whatever it costs to get Ten Hag out to replace him with a bloke that will almost certainly have failed and need replacing within 2 years is not good business.

the overiding trait you get with the very best people in leadership is pragmatism. They make the best choice for a given situation, not the choice people want. If I were a betting man, I'd say they will be actively looking for someone new, and the change will happen in the summer.

LVG was sacked in 2016 and even to this day you can hardly read a discussion about his time at United without multiple people prefacing it with “it was disgraceful how he was sacked after winning the FA Cup.” Eight years down the line and United fans still use that stick to beat the club (and Glazers/Woodward) with despite LVG being a fecking awful manager for us. Too many Utd fans are too sentimental for their own good.

And to address your “7 games in” comment. Actually yes, Ten Hag had a ton of support from the fans after the cup final, and yes, most of them have changed their mind after 7 games.

SAF used to say that the league table doesn't lie and it makes full sense. It's 2 games vs every single club in it. You can't fluke it there. Yet fans supported the manager purely on the performance of 1 game. He even had the cheek to challenge the ownership by saying that if he's not allowed to win at this club then he moves elsewhere and win there cause that's what he does. When shit finally hit fan we blame the new ownership for listening to us in the first place What a bunch of prats we fans are

There's rumors btw that mazraoui is out on long term cause of a heart condition issue. I wish the guy all the best but we knew that he was injury prone and had similar heart issues before. Yet that doesn't matter cause ETH wanted his eredivisie reunion in Manchester, 5 of whom from his Ajax alone and we couldn't set the new Sir Alex to fail right?. We allowed Alvaro Fernandez to leave on peanuts, Malacia (another ETH signing) is burnt having ignored our professional advice and we now got just 1fb available.

Ineos made 1 mistake in my book ie they should have paid what it needed to get ashworth immediately. If he's half as good as they claim to be then this madness would have never happened. Now we are saddled with the new frank de boer and his eredivisie squad

There's rumors btw that mazraoui is out on long term cause of a heart condition issue. I wish the guy all the best but we knew that he was injury prone and had similar heart issues before. Yet that doesn't matter cause ETH wanted his eredivisie reunion in Manchester, 5 of whom from his Ajax alone and we couldn't set the new Sir Alex to fail right?. We allowed Alvaro Fernandez to leave on peanuts, Malacia (another ETH signing) is burnt having ignored our professional advice and we now got just 1fb available.

Ineos made 1 mistake in my book ie they should have paid what it needed to get ashworth immediately. If he's half as good as they claim to be then this madness would have never happened. Now we are saddled with the new frank de boer and his eredivisie squad

Speaking of mistakes, I bet when ETH looks back; his biggest mistake was that he didnt recommend to the Glazers and INEOS to buy up Ajax the club. Just putting the band back together just wasnt enough. He needed Overmars and Edwin too.

The more I think about it. These guys probably did have their hearts set on Southgate to come in and settle the ship. Now he’s saying he needs a year off, their twiddling their thumbs thinking they have no options.

I think he is deferring the decisions onto the management team. I would expect him to have an opinion (unlike the Glazers) since he is interested in football and it would only be normal for him to have certain preferences but a little wary of him influencing football decisions.

I think with Omar and Ashworth etc, there all about saving money as we’ve seen by getting rid of a lot of staff and the way they approached the market. So there’s no chance they’d pay 17m on sacking a manager. Although it makes sense in the long run as missing top 4 is gonna cost us loads