Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are building up all this tension only for ten hag to come back and take charge against Brentford like nothing happened. Scenes when we lose again. They again for crisis meeting and don’t say anything AGAIN.

Well, according to the Muppetiers, there might not even be a crisis meeting. Ashworth 'has the remit' to fire ETH is results continue to dip. Claims it could even happen suddenly. Ratcliffe wants him gone, made his views known, but left it to the football people after what he and Brailsford learnt from their Nice misadventures.

And Ashworth's never had to fire a manager apparently.

Well, according to the Muppetiers, there might not even be a crisis meeting. Ashworth 'has the remit' to fire ETH is results continue to dip. Claims it could even happen suddenly. Ratcliffe wants him gone, made his views known, but left it to the football people after what he and Brailsford learnt from their Nice misadventures.

If Ratcliffe does want him gone and he's not just trying to be clever with the press, then he's gone.

Saying "I have doubts about Ten Hag" is like saying "I have doubts that the Titanic is actually unsinkable" when the damn thing is bobbing vertically in the water.
Honestly best analogy I've seen in a while

Oh I can read mate. Myself and others just can't believe the complete nonsense you keep posting.
We're not saying there isn't other data. We're saying it can't possibly change the negative data the whole world can see. What you're saying is there's apparently other data that'll void all the other data.

Here's a question for you. What could this super magical mystery data be that can void everything else? Because that's what you're saying.
And please stop being so condisending it pisses people off.
Financial data that says sacking him would be expensive?

He’s fired/replaced 2 in his DoF career to date.

I’m not sure anybody knows anything including INEOS.

If Ratcliffe does want him gone and he's not just trying to be clever with the press, then he's gone.

That's what I assumed too. But it seems like these guys are obsessed with being deliberate. So it's up to the football people (mainly Ashworth) to make the call. It's stupid, because we've all seen this before, but there you go.

He’s fired/replaced 2 in his DoF career to date.

Has he? Didn't know that.

With the risk of being condescending, stop using words you can't spell.

I'm not saying data will void data, because that's nonsense. Stop making things up.

And again, it's not magic dude. It may not exist, but for the money we pay these people I really hope they know more than us.

And I won't be replying to you again. It's getting neither of us anywhere.
Sorry I m uzuallee grate at spellin.
But we're not making things up. You're the one who thinks there's a mythical kind of data that only utd staff have access to that seems to be affecting their decision. Which you obviously think goes against the rest of the data.
You are saying Utd are the only club who have access to this other data which is affecting their decision, where every other club around the world uses the same data.
What other data could there possibly be?

But we're not making things up. You're the one who thinks there's a mythical kind of data that only utd staff have access to that seems to be affecting their decision. Which you obviously think goes against the rest of the data.
You are saying Utd are the only club who have access to this other data which is affecting their decision, where every other club around the world uses the same data.
Naked pictures of the Board's wives?

Maybe they're happy with the performance and Ten Hag is meeting targets :confused:

Because not qualifying for Europe and finishing in mid table wouldn't be more expensive?
You make it sound like a binary choice.
Maybe it puts them in a position where they're stuck with the next manager come hell or high water - being stuck with Rangnick for 18 months+ for instance. Maybe it means they couldn't attract the higher regarded managers who might command respect and have to gamble on McKenna or the likes who they dont think the players will respond to?

The scenes at OT when they are warming up. No sight of Ten Hag. Ruud in the hot seat.

Suddenly, Ruud rips his face off! It’s not Ruud, it’s a mask!

Ten Hag! Ten Hag! Ten Hag is here!

United’s new investor is brought out..

Vince McMahon!
Someone makes a meme gif:
"Ten Hag when Eleven Hag walks in"

Don't lose perspective in your rush for drama. They have more data than you. It's arrogant to presume we are as well placed as them to mage a decision. Similarly they would probably be best deferring to you in whatever field you work in.
This argument doesn't really hold up because there's countless cases of people with 'more data' to work with than the average person that still make horrendous decisions that most people can see from a mile away.

Would it not be true that Woodward, Arnold, Murtough etc. had more data than the average fan too? It's not a given that they then make good decisions with that data.

If we're going to make the argument that there's been too little time to judge INEOS, then by the same account, isn't it true that it's been too short a time to have full faith in them? If we're able to praise them already as many have, then they should also not be immune to doubts or concerns over some of their actions.

Yes, but why do we have such a big staff if us twats have all the info we need to run thr club at the highest level?
Running the club is far more than simply making a personnel decision, sacking EtH is just a personnel decision, you look at the performance and then decide, they are paid the big bucks to hire the right head coach, support that head coach, and do a lot more work in terms of football operations, you make it seem like it's the biggest decision ever to sack Ten Hag and it really is not, finding the best replacement is far more harder, building a successful team is far more harder, Ashworth and Co have a huge job ahead of them.

Maybe this board should learn to read then because i was replying to one specific thing where fans were said to have a small time club mentality for celebrating a win versus city
My bad if my response came as if you said the management celebrated cup win or anything like that

I’ve given away my tickets for Leicester at home. No point in the 7 hour round trip to watch this team under this Head Coach. No more.
I'm plugging out the dodgy box and watching RuPaul with the missus when the Brentford game is on. If INEOS are hell-bent on having a bald man ruin my Saturday, it'll have to be him.

Reactions: Fortitude
The one positive out of this is no leaks from the meeting unlike in the past.

This stuff about mysterious secret 'data' relating to ETH is a joke right?

The only 'data' that Ineos have on him that we dont have access to is what's written in his contract, obviously. Even then, we know roughly what it'll cost to sack him based on £9m a year that would probably take £12-15m for the club to pay off in a lump sum.

This is indeed a new low. Now we are not allowed to be happy we beat the team that won the league 6 times in the last seven years in a final :rolleyes:, and the local rival.

If we won the CL he’d be like “Big clubs winning CL is not a big deal, we have a small club mentality.”
Is it not possible to be happy and celebrate an FA cup final win while at the same time wanting the manager to feck off because it doesn't overwrite 18 months of dreadful, depressing form?

Also, comparing the FA cup to a CL win is ridiculous.

Last edited:
This stuff about mysterious secret 'data' relating to ETH is a joke right?

The only 'data' that Ineos have on him that we dont have access to is what's written in his contract, obviously. Even then, we know roughly what it'll cost to sack him based on £9m a year that would probably take £12-15m for the club to pay off in a lump sum.
Not according to Mr M.

There's one thing I know about football, there isn't anyone you can employ, players and/or coaches that will ensure success, you can make your chances better but actual sucess doesn't necessarily happen
Exactly. How so many can't see this is beyond me. You just have to keep trying until you find someone that does work and brings you success.
Also as we've seen at many a club you don't have to wait until everything is on fire to make a change.
I was also going to say hopefully we've moved on from giving them too long but here we are.

Well if this minimum position is lower than 4th I'd be firstly very surprised and secondly that lower than 4th position(let's say 5th to 8th) will be feasible for most of the season. That would pretty much take a sacking out of the equation.

But I get the point others make. You say there's data to contradict a sacking decision. But you don't know what that data is.

That feels like you're reaching a bit.
I suppose there are three options here.

1) It has been decided that Ten Hag has been sacked, but the news just hasn't been shared yet. In that case, no need for all the over the top stuff in this thread.

2) Ten Hag hasn't been sacked yet despite the situation being terrible, because of reasons that are valid (or at least, have some level of validity), but haven't been shared publicly. These reasons can have to do with still working on a replacement, financial issues, a long-term plan, something else I haven't thought of, or a combination of those. That's the 'unknown data'. In that case, fans might be right to ask for those reasons, but a bit of patience would still make sense.

3) Ten Hag hasn't been sacked because the management doesn't think the situation is that bad, despite everyone and their blind mum and dead ancestors knowing that the situation is indeed completely fecked. In that case, everyone proclaiming Ineos as bad as or worse than the Glazers is right.

The new management has had a pretty good summer and have had good careers at other clubs and contexts, so assuming their complete incompetence in this matter now seems unreasonable. Consequently, the other two options are more likely - in which case a large portion of the posts in the United forum from the past few days are ridiculous.

Take your pick.

Last edited:
Money invested in players + Compenstation to him and his staff = INEOS can't afford to sack him.
As @crossy1686 said, the present form is relegation area form, perhap they are relying on the postion that if he takes us down, he can bring us back, just like the Doc did.
3 Trophies heh.

Honestly best analogy I've seen in a whil
I suppose there are three options here.

1) It has been decided that Ten Hag has been sacked, but the news just hasn't been shared yet. In that case, no need to all the over the top stuff in this thread.

2) Ten Hag hasn't been sacked yet despite the situation being terrible, because of reasons that are valid (or at least, have some level of validity), but haven't been shared publicly. These reasons can have to do with still working on a replacement, financial issues, a long-term plan, something else I haven't thought of, or a combination of those. That's the 'unknown data'. In that case, fans might be right to ask for those reasons, but a bit of patience would still make sense.

3) Ten Hag hasn't been sacked because the management doesn't think the situation is that bad, despite everyone and their blind mum and dead ancestors knowing that the situation is indeed completely fecked. In that case, everyone proclaiming Ineos as bad as or worse than the Glazers is right.

The new management has had a pretty good summer and have had good careers at other clubs and contexts, so assuming their complete incompetence in this matter now seems unreasonable. Consequently, the other two options are more likely - in which case a large portion of the posts in the United forum from the past few days are ridiculous.

Take your pick

Number one please

Data is also just information. You seem to be thinking in football terms, and I don't suppose anyone thinks there's a way to look at United's matches that makes them look good after all. (No, not @moses either. He's said many times that United are playing terribly.) But there can be all kinds of business reasons why a firing doesn't make sense right now - and we, the general public, likely don't have all the data (information, arguments) that underlie those reasons.

The scenes at OT when they are warming up. No sight of Ten Hag. Ruud in the hot seat.

Vince McMahon!
Please spare a thought for Redlambs' mental health.

Vince McMahon!
Haha, pure cinema! This is what OT is all about. :D