Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We won’t get relegated. He will turn it around and we will probably finish between 7th and 10th.
I never said he wouldn't turn it around, but if this form was to continue for the entire season relegation is all but guaranteed. Someone has to do something to turn it around, the season was still salvageable but it seems that no one gives a shit about that, they're determined to get some moral victory of giving the manager time. Maybe you can get CL qualification for that?

We've won 1 out of the last 10 matches in Europe under Ten Hag, cant really blame him.
So why did he book in the first place then because at that point it would have been 1 out of 8 or 1 out of 9!

They could be waiting at arrivals in Manchester Airport.

I don't think the silence indicates anything. If they have to answer to media speculation then it sets a tedious precedent.
ETH has apparently had no communication, the bloke's on holiday, if he's gotten any sense he's turned his phone off - whatever his future is he will be told first not us or the media

Last edited:
We've won 1 out of the last 10 matches in Europe under Ten Hag, cant really blame him.

The fixtures were not announced that long ago. Feck all has changed. That same poster was urging Liverpool to score more against us last month and your takeaway is that I'm hysterical for being amused by it all?

Garnacho and Amad have had plenty of playing time and haven't really grasped their chances yet, that's on them not the manager or his tactics

Mainoo has done OK but he's looking mentally shattered, the tactics probably don't help so that's on ETH, he shouldn't be playing as much as he has, Hojlund has been injured, he had next to no-preseason, he needs games now and and some service, Yoro hasn't even played bar a half game in pre-season
Im not fully sure what your point is in relation to mine. My point was that having a manager that sets the team up poorly and gets hammered most weeks will have a negative effect on the younger group of players. This has nothing to do with play time, it was a hypothetical that more time being spent in the first team and experiencing such poor results/performances will have a negative effect on their development. You actually highlighted my point with Hojlund, under this current manager he barely gets chances in front of goal which will eventually take its toll on his overall development. Its no surprise that most of our younger players start brightly for us and then eventually fade as time goes on, that for me is on the manager.

The odds on you being right at some point are low.
You know what I meant! If he stays it will postpone the inevitable, be it this week, next month, January or at the end of the seaason. He has shown his level here and it has been explained over and over again.

Im not fully sure what your point is in relation to mine. My point was that having a manager that sets the team up poorly and gets hammered most weeks will have a negative effect on the younger group of players. This has nothing to do with play time, it was a hypothetical that more time being spent in the first team and experiencing such poor results/performances will have a negative effect on their development. You actually highlighted my point with Hojlund, under this current manager he barely gets chances in front of goal which will eventually take its toll on his overall development. It’s no surprise that most of our younger players start brightly for us and then eventually fade as time goes on, that for me is on the manager.
This is true for the new signings too. Seems like they’re getting thrown under the bus much quicker than usual.

You know what I meant! If he stays it will postpone the inevitable, be it this week, next month, January or at the end of the seaason. He has shown his level here and it has been explained over and over again.
Yeah I'm only winding you up. It'll take quite a miracle to turn this around.

Yeah I'm only winding you up. It'll take quite a miracle to turn this around.

Thats why many fans cannot understand the logic about him staying. I mean what can it be? FFP? surley they dont believe he will turn it around and manage top 4!

Money invested in players + Compenstation to him and his staff = INEOS can't afford to sack him.
As @crossy1686 said, the present form is relegation area form, perhap they are relying on the postion that if he takes us down, he can bring us back, just like the Doc did.

Money invested in players + Compenstation to him and his staff = INEOS can't afford to sack him.
As @crossy1686 said, the present form is relegation area form, perhap they are relying on the postion that if he takes us down, he can bring us back, just like the Doc did.
On behalf of everyone on RedCafe, we completely agree and are glad you had the guts to say it for us

Whatever the outcome of their internal deliberations, it is overwhelmingly clear that United are still a poorly run football club.

They are building up all this tension only for ten hag to come back and take charge against Brentford like nothing happened. Scenes when we lose again. They again for crisis meeting and don’t say anything AGAIN.

Well they had longer and eventually made multiple visible mistakes. Ineos are 8 months versus the 18? years of the Glazers. And INEOS have been very proactive in terms of players and structure. So with the data to hand I don't think comparing the Glazers to Ineos is fair.

Also what good does hysterical panic on our part do? We've had weeks of posters on a loop of outrage with zero data. The match going fans, the owners, the players, the new management, the manager. Zero data encourages scattergun hysteria.

What are you on about?

There is a very large amount of data available to the public which fans have repeatedly used to demonstrate that we performing very poorly under Ten Hag.

What is this magical secret data that only the club has access to which confounds all of that?

You're wasting your time mate. He's very condescending because he obviously knows better than everyone else with eyes!

Oh didn't you know, apparently this magical super data only exists at Utd and is only available to the members of the magical data club here which renders every little piece of the massive amount of data the rest of the world's football community has access to completely irrelevant. So the thousands of supporters, journalists, football experts etc etc around the world know Jack shit.

Last edited:
Out of interest, what sort of data are you suggesting exists which would make a case for keeping Ten Hag. Because despite you inference there is quite a lot of publicly available data which only suggests we are dire under his management.
Super data! Only utd have access to it though.

I'd be disappointed if ETH manages our next game. His time is up.

Yeah. That's going around a lot.

Personally think the Muppetiers have a more nuanced perspective (which the summary tweet somewhere in this thread doesn't quite capture). Most of us - including them - want him gone, but there are probably other considerations. Time will tell.

If he does end up staying and continues to underperform (which is inevitable), Ashworth will look a fool, if the Muppetiers are correct.

These guys seem like complete amateurs, uncertainty only adds to the low morale and mood among the players and coaching staff. Make a clear decision, communicate it and stand behind it. All this dilly dallying makes us look like a small club.
I'd sack him but to be fair to the powers above it is a big decision and a few days is fine. Feels like he's gone to me but i have not been keeping up a ton.

You're wasting your time mate. He's very condescending because he obviously knows better than everyone else with eyes!

Oh didn't you know, apparently this magical super data only exists at Utd and is only available to the members of the magical data club here which renders every little piece of the massive amount of data the rest of the world's football community has access to completely irrelevant. So the thousands of supporters, journalists, football experts etc etc around the world know Jack shit.

Great, another one chipping in.

Utter nonsense. I've literally based every post today on not knowing. That's pretty much the opposite to your conclusion.

I have several times said what we are seeing is nonsense and dross.

Why is the idea that employees of the club having more information than you can only explained by magic?

In this thread the new owners are being called out as worse than the Glazers after huge restructuring and big spending on the squad, and the match going fans are being blamed too, for not booing. Posters are calling for us to be beaten and humiliated so the manager can be sacked and yet it's me you chip in to insult. Jesus Christ.

If you're not going to read my posts then please don't engage with me. It's tedious to have to repeat myself because you can't or can't be bothered to read.

All we need now is Gordon Hill and we'll be up and running.

Yes, but why do we have such a big staff if us twats have all the info we need to run thr club at the highest level?

It doesn't matter what other data we have. It will not change all the data showing how bad things are and were. That is set in stone!

Not read every page posted recently so apologies if this has been mentioned before. I know quite a few people on here don't believe Muppetiers have genuine sources, I do. Their long Youtube video today outlines what happened at the meeting:

- they went through every option available including financial costs involved, Joel Glazer explained what happened during previous mid-season managerial changes.
- those involved stated their positions, most of which are well known
- Ashworth and Berrada favour giving Ten Hag more time, Ratcliffe content to fire Ten Hag but has given authority to Ashworth to make recommendations in this area
- Wilcox was in favour of firing Ten Hag in the summer
- So Ashworth has authority to fire Ten Hag whenever he feels there is a better option available
- Ruud coming in as interim is the most likely scenario if Ten Hag gets fired
- Ratcliffe insistent that form/results must improve, not acceptable for this to continue
- new permanent manager arriving in the summer is more likely scenario than Ten Hag continuing next season or a new permanent manager mid-season
- while some individuals like Southgate, no plans to appoint him, likewise Potter.
- Issues with Tuchel. If he had wanted the role as offered, he would already be the United manager.
- season close to being written off already, no confidence that a change now would improve the situation sufficiently

Out of interest, what sort of data are you suggesting exists which would make a case for keeping Ten Hag. Because despite you inference there is quite a lot of publicly available data which only suggests we are dire under his management.

All of the public data suggests we are dire. Because we are dire. What did I post that made you think I thought we were good?

I'll ask you a few questions.

Do you think that all the data analysts, and technical staff we were calling for and INEOS hired are unnecessary?

Do you think they have information me and you don't have?

If you think they are necessary and that they may know something you don't know, be it a plan or difficulties or obstacles, then that's the information I'm talking about.

Far from being condescending, I think I may not have all the information to condemn anyone despite how shit we are.

Not read every page posted recently so apologies if this has been mentioned before. I know quite a few people on here don't believe Muppetiers have genuine sources, I do. Their long Youtube video today outlines what happened at the meeting:

- they went through every option available including financial costs involved, Joel Glazer explained what happened during previous mid-season managerial changes.
- those involved stated their positions, most of which are well known
- Ashworth and Berrada favour giving Ten Hag more time, Ratcliffe content to fire Ten Hag but has given authority to Ashworth to make recommendations in this area
- Wilcox was in favour of firing Ten Hag in the summer
- So Ashworth has authority to fire Ten Hag whenever he feels there is a better option available
- Ruud coming in as interim is the most likely scenario if Ten Hag gets fired
- Ratcliffe insistent that form/results must improve, not acceptable for this to continue
- new permanent manager arriving in the summer is more likely scenario than Ten Hag continuing next season or a new permanent manager mid-season
- while some individuals like Southgate, no plans to appoint him, likewise Potter.
- Issues with Tuchel. If he had wanted the role as offered, he would already be the United manager.
- season close to being written off already, no confidence that a change now would improve the situation sufficiently

Yeah. That's it.

Initially didn't want to take them seriously (mostly because they said things I didn't want to hear), but I've come to trust them re: INEOS inner workings, especially after the stuff around the takeover.

It's October, season isn't even close to being written off. We are 6 points off 5th place. Still in every competition. Ridiculous to say that. Muppetiers really said that? Erik goes tomorrow and we can contend for the UCL places and win a couple trophies, at least one.

It doesn't matter what other data we have. It will not change all the data showing how bad things are and were. That is set in stone!
So now you acknowledge there might be things we don't know, but it doesn't matter and won't alter the league table. That is true that it wont alter the league table or performance stats, but that's not really what I was getting at.

It's ok mate, we just see things differently.

Great, another one chipping in.

Utter nonsense. I've literally based every post today on not knowing. That's pretty much the opposite to your conclusion.

I have several times said what we are seeing is nonsense and dross.

Why is the idea that employees of the club having more information than you can only explained by magic?

In this thread the new owners are being called out as worse than the Glazers after huge restructuring and big spending on the squad, and the match going fans are being blamed too, for not booing. Posters are calling for us to be beaten and humiliated so the manager can be sacked and yet it's me you chip in to insult. Jesus Christ.

If you're not going to read my posts then please don't engage with me. It's tedious to have to repeat myself because you can't or can't be bothered to read.
Oh I can read mate. Myself and others just can't believe the complete nonsense you keep posting.
We're not saying there isn't other data. We're saying it can't possibly change the negative data the whole world can see. What you're saying is there's apparently other data that'll void all the other data.

Here's a question for you. What could this super magical mystery data be that can void everything else? Because that's what you're saying.
And please stop being so condescending it pisses people off.

Last edited:
The scenes at OT when they are warming up. No sight of Ten Hag. Ruud in the hot seat.

Suddenly, Ruud rips his face off! It’s not Ruud, it’s a mask!

Ten Hag! Ten Hag! Ten Hag is here!

United’s new investor is brought out..

Vince McMahon!

Oh I can read mate. Myself and others just can't believe the complete nonsense you keep posting.
We're not saying there isn't other data. We're saying it can't possibly change the negative data the whole world can see. What you're saying is there's apparently other data that'll void all the other data.

Here's a question for you. What could this super magical mystery data be that can void everything else? Because that's what you're saying.
And please stop being so condisending it pisses people off.

With the risk of being condescending, stop using words you can't spell.

I'm not saying data will void data, because that's nonsense. Stop making things up.

And again, it's not magic dude. It may not exist, but for the money we pay these people I really hope they know more than us.

And I won't be replying to you again. It's getting neither of us anywhere.

And please stop being so condisending it pisses people off.
condescending

Sorry.. couldn’t resist

They are building up all this tension only for ten hag to come back and take charge against Brentford like nothing happened. Scenes when we lose again. They again for crisis meeting and don’t say anything AGAIN.

How to become the Glazers Masterclass

It'd be funnier if there was no statement but a new manager on the bench.

"Oh shit sorry, we forgot to tell you."