Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Glad you enjoyed the Nepalese food, and at this stage won’t bother you for a couple of days. I think we see these things very differently and probably neither of us will move an inch from their position.

I kinda have no position. If he stays I'll back him and keep my fingers crossed that people with more data than me (and just me) have a plan.

If he is sacked then I hope all our issues were caused by him and the future will be immediately bright.

I'd say that's extremely hopeful rather than a grey area.

I think everybody deep down knows they would have moved him on in the summer if we didn't win the cup. They stuck with him because of that and are now in a tricky position.

Doesn't mean INEOS are a disaster but we can accept they've made a decent sized mistake. Rather than hoping there's some data which justifies hanging onto him.

Either way this club badly needs to start acting like an elite sporting environment.
Extremely hopeful is ok by me, considering the alternatives.

I kinda have no position. If he stays I'll back him and keep my fingers crossed that people with more data than me (and just me) have a plan.

If he is sacked then I hope all or issues were caused by him and the future will be immediately bright.

That's pretty much where I am placing my thoughts. I imagine he'll be sacked, but if not I'll still support him. I do think though that he doesn't have the ingredient that is most important, the character, to actually win over the players (and I think to some extent the players are at fault, just as they have been for every other manager to varying degrees) properly. And if he does get sacked I suspect one issue has been address but other issues will remain.

So I am hoping that the next manager whenever he's appointed has that aura and that character to dominate the dressing room (in a positive way).

Get him better players. Bring him de Jong. We have the structure in place to give him the players and coaches that will ensure success.
There's one thing I know about football, there isn't anyone you can employ, players and/or coaches that will ensure success, you can make your chances better but actual sucess doesn't necessarily happen

That's pretty much where I am placing my thoughts. I imagine he'll be sacked, but if not I'll still support him. I do think though that he doesn't have the ingredient that is most important, the character, to actually win over the players (and I think to some extent the players are at fault, just as they have been for every other manager to varying degrees) properly. And if he does get sacked I suspect one issue has been address but other issues will remain.

So I am hoping that the next manager whenever he's appointed has that aura and that character to dominate the dressing room (in a positive way).

The nonsense about his personality characteristics doesn't interest me. A good manager isn't built from a kit, there are many ways to do it. He's on very thin ice though. We are torture to watch.

You think United, ranked currently the 20th-18th worst team in the league across all stats can’t get relegated? I hate to break it to you but if that doesn’t change it’s literally what happens.
We won’t get relegated. He will turn it around and we will probably finish between 7th and 10th.

Didn't have any of that when I was a kid, the Big Match on Sunday afternoon was my lot, MOTD was on too late, live football was just the FA Cup final and the first one I can remember watching fecking City won it!

I was lucky as a kid, we had satellite TV and I had access to lots of european channels and at the time it seems that many games were rebroadcasted early in the morning. There was also a show saturday mornings that was basically showing all the BBC documentaries and INA(the french TV archives) about Football history.

There may not have been any announcement but I now think for the first time that his job is actually on the line and that a firing is closer than its ever been. A loss or two in the next 5 would do it.

A problem with keeping him to long is what damage does it do for our potential up and coming players. This year should be the year for Garnacho, Mainoo, Amad,Hojlund,Yoro to make the next step up and progress. A year of poor performances, big defeats and no cohesive style of play will be a year wasted for these players. These players need to grow within a proper functioning team, not a failing one that is scraping a top half of the table finish.

Garnacho and Amad have had plenty of playing time and haven't really grasped their chances yet, that's on them not the manager or his tactics

Mainoo has done OK but he's looking mentally shattered, the tactics probably don't help so that's on ETH, he shouldn't be playing as much as he has, Hojlund has been injured, he had next to no-preseason, he needs games now and and some service, Yoro hasn't even played bar a half game in pre-season

The nonsense about his personality characteristics doesn't interest me. A good manager isn't built from a kit, there are many ways to do it. He's on very thin ice though. We are torture to watch.

It interests me. As someone who prefers McKenna over the rest, it is the one aspect I'm least sure of. But it is why SAF was incredible, it is also why Mourinho was incredibly successful, same with Klopp, same with Guardiola. You can even see a bit of it in Thomas Frank (whom I loathe, but maybe because of his arrogance which is probably merited).

And I'm not talking good managers, but great. But anyway.

Not sacking him was a small club reaction, like beating city is a big deal in itself.
It’s not. Being consistent in the league and competing regularly for big trophies is.

So fans can’t celebrate a win against local rivals, in a cup final?
This is indeed a new low. Now we are not allowed to be happy we beat the team that won the league 6 times in the last seven years in a final :rolleyes:, and the local rival.

If we won the CL he’d be like “Big clubs winning CL is not a big deal, we have a small club mentality.”

It interests me. As someone who prefers McKenna over the rest, it is the one aspect I'm least sure of. But it is why SAF was incredible, it is also why Mourinho was incredibly successful, same with Klopp, same with Guardiola. You can even see a bit of it in Thomas Frank (whom I loathe, but maybe because of his arrogance which is probably merited).

And I'm not talking good managers, but great. But anyway.
Yeah, I hear you. But I think success can be achieved in various ways.

Serious doubts have been raised over his future and I can only assume he must be patently aware of it at this point. The style of football has also been awful to watch and the defeats have been humiliating. Anything less than a win in our next game will spell the end hopefully.

He’s staying. Better pray he turns things around cause he ain’t going nowhere.
The silence is deafening. I don’t see how him not being backed publicly is increasing his chances of staying.

I have cancelled my trip to Istanbul for the Fenerbahce match.

I can't support this shitshow.

Joke of a club.

I would like to think, the reason we haven't heard anything is because INEOS are currently sounding out replacements so there is a seamless transition.

That's what I'm hoping anyway.

I was lucky as a kid, we had satellite TV and I had access to lots of european channels and at the time it seems that many games were rebroadcasted early in the morning. There was also a show saturday mornings that was basically showing all the BBC documentaries and INA(the french TV archives) about Football history.
When I was a kid VHS didn't exist, never mind satellite TV, and I was a teenager before we got a color TV, in fact I went to games at OT before we got one of them - yeah I'm old!!!

Have we called INEOS Buffoons yet?

Criminally underused when we’re throwing around hysterical descriptors like ‘incompetent’, ‘inept’ etc…

A little more creativity would also add some variety to the daily whine

He’s staying. Better pray he turns things around cause he ain’t going nowhere.
He will fail yet again. There is no praying in football! He will be sacked be it now or later.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest - I want him gone, but at the same time a part of me is genuinely curious to see how low we can go before he’s sacked.

Feels sadistic.

Yes they can celebrate. I did.
But fans shouldn’t sign petitions on the evidence of one game. That’s knee jerk.
My comment was about keeping the manager because of one win, which was an absurd and small time decision after the worst season we ever had in the Premier League.
And I told you I was responding to a comment which basically said that United fans have a small time club mentality because they celebrated beating city.
I didn’t say anything about ETH (whom I have said numerous times deserves to be let go)

I’ll be honest - I want him gone, but at the same time a part of me is genuinely curious to see how low we can go before he’s sacked.

Feels sadistic.
Lower than 14th? I guess we could sink lower. It’s like if a stock is down 90%, it can fall a further 90% from there.

Fans should celebrate any win, let alone a win in a cup final vs local rival.

On the other hand, professional football execs should not consider keeping a manager who's team results in the league and CL were horrible simply because of cup win.
Maybe this board should learn to read then because i was replying to one specific thing where fans were said to have a small time club mentality for celebrating a win versus city

This is indeed a new low. Now we are not allowed to be happy we beat the team that won the league 6 times in the last seven years in a final :rolleyes:, and the local rival.

If we won the CL he’d be like “Big clubs winning CL is not a big deal, we have a small club mentality.”
You’ve done it now, multiple posters will respond replying to something you didn’t say

I don’t understand why management is delaying what’s inevitable. Why, for whom? Everyone knows this can’t and won’t be turned around. Sure, they might not get sacked this week, but it’s just a matter of waiting for which week it will happen (whether it’s November or December doesn’t matter, it will come, and that’s the worst part of it all).

United is losing direction and failing to make quick and right decisions, instead dragging things out unnecessarily.
Even Goldbridge, who says he doesn’t want a sacking, actually does, he just doesn’t want to say it out loud because it’s inevitable.

It’s sad and pathetic how low the standards and decisions have become.

We've won 1 out of the last 10 matches in Europe under Ten Hag, cant really blame him.

Fair enough. I defo would not cancel a trip to Istanbul to see a game, any game. I'd say that's a bit more dramatic than me being amused by it. But that's just me.

Just a thought, maybe they will wait till he’s back from holiday? After all the big fuss he made last time

They could be waiting at arrivals in Manchester Airport.

I don't think the silence indicates anything. If they have to answer to media speculation then it sets a tedious precedent.