Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
No I don’t argue with my doctor.

But don’t reverse the argument. You are saying us to don’t trust what we have under our eyes like the executives are all doing a great job because they are where they are.

So Woodward was doing a great job because he had a big team of analysts and football experts ?

By the way, do you know a bad doctor can exist ? Knowledge don’t make people infallible, you need to have logic and common sense to use it wisely.
I didn't say don't trust what you can see.

I never said the executives are doing a great job.

Knowledge does not indeed made one infallible but its better to have it than not when trying to understand something.

We don't know those answers for sure but are you saying you couldn't even have an educated guess? Like you have no clue whatsoever?

I'm pretty sure they didn't say the worst start to a Premier League ever and being in 12th spot was OK.

Almost certainly they didn't say that. But what if the minimum they did set is achievable from here?

They may have a two year plan..m more likely than a two month plan.

I'm not defending the manager. Just don't think it's all rotten from top to bottom. He might be sacked tomorrow.

Also what good does hysterical panic on our part do? We've had weeks of posters on a loop of outrage with zero data. The match going fans, the owners, the players, the new management, the manager. Zero data encourages scattergun hysteria.
:lol:You're clutching a straws. There is data we have zero access to. You can disagree but stop trying to frame it like I'm lying.

No, you specifically accused posters of being hysterical and outraged with zero data. It’s there in black and white that you said this. But that claim is just not true. Posters have used lots of data to show that we’ve been historically bad under Ten Hag. Which again, is all there in black and white.

Now you’re desperately trying to change the goal posts because you’ve been called out on your dishonest nonsense.

These guys seem like complete amateurs, uncertainty only adds to the low morale and mood among the players and coaching staff. Make a clear decision, communicate it and stand behind it. All this dilly dallying makes us look like a small club.

Rule in here seems to be "Ten Hag set to stay" everybody believes the report no matter the source and starts going in on INEOS. "Ten Hag future uncertain amid further internal talks" It's all "unreliable source, don't believe it".

No, you specifically accused posters of being hysterical and outraged with zero data. It’s there in black and white that you said this. But that claim is just not true. Posters have used lots of data to show that we’ve been historically bad under Ten Hag. Which again, is all there in black and white.

Now you’re desperately trying to change the goal posts because you’ve been called out on your dishonest nonsense.
I'm not desperately to do anything.

I do think there is a lebel of hysterica here and also a huge deficit of information.

We can see the poor results but there is a more data than that available at this level. There are teams of analytical people of all sorts at United. And we have zero access to that data nd you think none of that is relevant? That's fine.

These guys seem like complete amateurs, uncertainty only adds to the low morale and mood among the players and coaching staff. Make a clear decision, communicate it and stand behind it. All this dilly dallying makes us look like a small club.
Keeping a manager that placed us at 8th with a negative GD made us look like a small club.

I didn't say don't trust what you can see.

I never said the executives are doing a great job.

Knowledge does not indeed made one infallible but its better to have it than not when trying to understand something.
So I really don’t see your point. If you believe ETH should be sacked, then surely you think it’s better sooner rather then later to try to salvage the season.

In my view, he had already two games to much at the helm and should have been sacked after Spurs game.

Almost certainly they didn't say that. But what if the minimum they did set is achievable from here?

Well there'd be no discussion about his future at all right now because winning the league is still achievable from here. Never mind some kind of 4th place minimum.

But it seems very unrealistic that no senior figures are discussing his future after this start and last season because technically a certain position is still possible.

But you definitely can't say there is zero data. We're saturated with data when not long ago the league table was enough to predict and justify a sacking.

Well there'd be no discussion about his future at all right now because winning the league is still achievable from here. Never mind some kind of 4th place minimum.

But it seems very unrealistic that no senior figures are discussing his future after this start and last season because technically a certain position is still possible.

But you definitely can't say there is zero data. We're saturated with data when not long ago the league table was enough to predict and justify a sacking.

Winning the league is not achievable from here. We're quite shit. I'm not even sure 4th is achievable.

There is data that we have zero access to and we spend a lot of money to acquire and process it, and none of you lot seem it important, that's fine.

So I really don’t see your point. If you believe ETH should be sacked, then surely you think it’s better sooner rather then later to try to salvage the season.

In my view, he had already two games to much at the helm and should have been sacked after Spurs game.

I know.

Well there is data we don't have. That's true.

The performances have been appalling and nobody could really defend ETH from a sacking. That's also true I reckon.

But if we are discussing data we don't have then we are into hypotheticals. I can't believe that nobody can think of information that idiots like us don't have on one of the biggest football clubs in the world. Do you lot know everything about every club?

Do you know what the aim was for league position this year? And what were the criteria for the manager keeping his job? That's quite pertinent info.

Regardless of the aims or targets, a key element of achieving anything is progress and being on track, and progress can be measured in performances on the pitch and/or results, again I think there are reasons why they haven't said anything or sacked him, no one knows what was discussed in that meeting, for all we know they might have decided to sack him already, my argument is purely on what should they look at if they want to decide on Ten Hags future, which is performances on the pitch and results, on both accounts Ten Hag should be sacked, and if they are not sacking him, then definitely it's not because of performances on the pitch or results or even anything to do with football, which is what we don't know and I would agree with you on that.

I do think there is a lebel of hysterica here and also a huge deficit of information.

We can see the poor results but there is a more data than that available at this level. There are teams of analytical people of all sorts at United. And we have zero access to that data nd you think none of that is relevant? That's fine.

Yep, like I said, you’re changing the goal posts from posters having zero data to posters not having every single piece of data. Those are two different things so maybe think before you type such nonsense claims out.

Romano has no clue and is feeding his subscribers their daily horsepoop

Everyone knows Bald Is Best only has to show his mammoth trophy collection off, remind them there is nobody else and they'll cave in at once.

The only tension is which unfortunate, chemically induced executive lackey dares deal with Bald, and who gets to handle the vast delusions of our fanbase.

Probably buy Ronaldo to shut us up.

Or Pogback#. He's free, again.

You Reds!

Yep, like I said, you’re changing the goal posts from posters having zero data to posters not having every single piece of data. Those are two different things so maybe think before you type such nonsense claims out.

:lol:

I was aware you had access to the league table. I was talking about in house data. But fair enough, you can claim the victory. A scalp for the zealots.

Regardless of the aims or targets, a key element of achieving anything is progress and being on track, and progress can be measured in performances on the pitch and/or results, again I think there are reasons why they haven't said anything or sacked him, no one knows what was discussed in that meeting, for all we know they might have decided to sack him already, my argument is purely on what should they look at if they want to decide on Ten Hags future, which is performances on the pitch and results, on both accounts Ten Hag should be sacked, and if they are not sacking him, then definitely it's not because of performances on the pitch or results or even anything to do with football, which is what we don't know and I would agree with you on that.

Yes, but why do we have such a big staff if us twats have all the info we need to run thr club at the highest level?

Do you know whats interesting...

Similar to the summer, nobody really knows how close Ten Hag is to being sacked. The reports saying he was on the brink weren't based on a lot of genuine insight and in this case, they seemed to ignite on the back of a pre-scheduled board meeting.

In the summer, the same media outlets that said Ten Hag was getting sacked after the cup final were the same ones that said INEOS did a u-turn. In reality, there's every chance their first report was incorrect. Ultimately, most of these people know as much as we all do.

There is every chance INEOS are working on something behind the scenes but anything being reported by the media has been greatly exaggerated.

Per @FabrizioRomano via YouTube.

-Ten Hag has received no communication from the club.

-Ineos are still discussing internally.

-It is a tense situation.

This is actually positive, surley they would briefed that he was gonna stay by now? Seems like they are planning something behind the scenes .

I reckon he’s gone and they just want to make the right call now wether that be interim and someone down the line or the right man now.

Winning the league is not achievable from here. We're quite shit. I'm not even sure 4th is achievable.

There is data that we have zero access to and we spend a lot of money to acquire and process it, and none of you lot seem it important, that's fine.

Well if this minimum position is lower than 4th I'd be firstly very surprised and secondly that lower than 4th position(let's say 5th to 8th) will be feasible for most of the season. That would pretty much take a sacking out of the equation.

But I get the point others make. You say there's data to contradict a sacking decision. But you don't know what that data is.

That feels like you're reaching a bit.

You might have a point on low pre season targets being set but it's extremely unlikely there is some significant analytic data that goes against everything that is already out there in public in terms of performances.

So data will win us games ?
ETH have probably injected some virus into the data basis making all this data boys believe he is the right guy and we are making progress !

I would prefer us to be like Madrid. Feck data. Just buy the best players in the world and sack the managers if they are not winning.

You might have a point on low pre season targets being set but it's extremely unlikely there is some significant analytic data that goes against everything that is already out there in public in terms of performances.
There is no way it goes against it. It might just make it seem less of a disaster if the end of season goals are a low bar.

So data will win us games ?
ETH have probably injected some virus into the data basis making all this data boys believe he is the right guy and we are making progress !

I would prefer us to be like Madrid. Feck data. Just buy the best players in the world and sack the managers if they are not winning.
You have a lovely evening!

Do you know whats interesting...

Similar to the summer, nobody really knows how close Ten Hag is to being sacked. The reports saying he was on the brink weren't based on a lot of genuine insight and in this case, they seemed to ignite on the back of a pre-scheduled board meeting.

In the summer, the same media outlets that said Ten Hag was getting sacked after the cup final were the same ones that said INEOS did a u-turn. In reality, there's every chance their first report was incorrect. Ultimately, most of these people know as much as we all do.

There is every chance INEOS are working on something behind the scenes but anything being reported by the media has been greatly exaggerated.
Thing is media has been all full doom of United's demise since the Spurs game. Our media and a negative headline just generates so much engagement and negativity sells. Nobody has any clue what the club is doing inside and the leaks ain't leaking.

Well if this minimum position is lower than 4th I'd be firstly very surprised and secondly that lower than 4th position(let's say 5th to 8th) will be feasible for most of the season. That would pretty much take a sacking out of the equation.

But I get the point others make. You say there's data to contradict a sacking decision. But you don't know what that data is.

That feels like you're reaching a bit.
I'm not reaching for anything. Just not quite ready to burn the whole club and everyone in it to the ground.

Your first paragraph might have something in it. This club needed and received huge change. The whole structure was changed and lots of players were moved on. Maybe with all that in mind the expectations are much lower than we'd hope. Maybe they see a managerial change (without an outstanding candidate) as counterproductive to all the other changes. I have no idea but I'm happy to exist with a grey area rather than decide everyone at the club is an incompetent moron.

There is no way it goes against it. It might just make it seem less of a disaster if the end of season goals are a low bar.
The source of that mythical data is the same as of most public data which puts us in a relegation battle based on most metrics.

But who knows, maybe there is some data that only United hierarchy has and shows us in a better light. Possible, but extremely improbable.

I think the answer is quite clear, Occam’s razor and all that. The hierarchy fecked up their biggest decision spectacularly, and now do not want to go back on that. Which in turn will, almost certainly, make this an even bigger disaster. Powerful people fecking things up and then doubling down on that IMO is a much more likely scenario than data showing the ‘calm down, everything is fine’.

The source of that mythical data is the same as of most public data which puts us in a relegation battle based on most metrics.

But who knows, maybe there is some data that only United hierarchy has and shows us in a better light. Possible, but extremely improbable.

I think the answer is quite clear, Occam’s razor and all that. The hierarchy fecked up their biggest decision spectacularly, and now do not want to go back on that. Which in turn will, almost certainly, make this an even bigger disaster. Powerful people fecking things up and then doubling down on that IMO is a much more likely scenario than data showing the ‘calm down, everything is fine’.
Oh nobody is saying everything or even anything is fine.

That's the thing, there is such a frenzy in here that anyone trying to say anything other than utterly damning the club is seen as some crazy lunatic who wants to keep the manger and is enjoying the football.

It's shocking and you meet less resistance in this thread if you say you want United to lose. It's messed up.

I'm not reaching for anything. Just not quite ready to burn the whole club and everyone in it to the ground.

Your first paragraph might have something in it. This club needed and received huge change. The whole structure was changed and lots of players were moved on. Maybe with all that in mind the expectations are much lower than we'd hope. Maybe they see a managerial change (without an outstanding candidate) as counterproductive to all the other changes. I have no idea but I'm happy to exist with a grey area rather than decide everyone at the club is an incompetent moron.

I'd say that's extremely hopeful rather than a grey area.

I think everybody deep down knows they would have moved him on in the summer if we didn't win the cup. They stuck with him because of that and are now in a tricky position.

Doesn't mean INEOS are a disaster but we can accept they've made a decent sized mistake. Rather than hoping there's some data which justifies hanging onto him.

Either way this club badly needs to start acting like an elite sporting environment.

Oh nobody is saying everything or even anything is fine.

That's the thing, there is such a frenzy in here that anyone trying to say anything other than utterly damning the club is seen as some crazy lunatic who wants to keep the manger and is enjoying the football.
Glad you enjoyed the Nepalese food, and at this stage won’t bother you for a couple of days. I think we see these things very differently and probably neither of us will move an inch from their position.

:lol:

I was aware you had access to the league table. I was talking about in house data. But fair enough, you can claim the victory. A scalp for the zealots.

It’s just funny to hear you calling other people hysterical whilst simultaneously making hysterical claims yourself. Pot kettle etc.

For me the chronological answer was that as a kid I was mesmerized by Giggs and loved the narrative around Beckham, Scholes and Neville. I was maybe 6 or 7 years old then I would watch all the VHS or magazines concerning United and fell in love with the pre SAF history of the club.
Didn't have any of that when I was a kid, the Big Match on Sunday afternoon was my lot, MOTD was on too late, live football was just the FA Cup final and the first one I can remember watching fecking City won it!

It’s just funny to hear you calling other people hysterical whilst simultaneously making hysterical claims yourself. Pot kettle etc.

I think I have been quite calm and considered in my replies. Sorry if that hasn't been the case.