Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he’s staying, then just get behind him and the team rather than hoping to see your club lose and have him sack. Get your priorities right, no?

If they don't sack him it will be because they don't have a viable option to replace him with. Sure they could have Ruud takeover as caretaker for the rest of the year, but would that guarantee better results ? The rest of the top managers are mostly employed right now, so what would be the point. This sort of logic must surely be on the minds of SJR and the rest of the executive team.

In the last 20 PL Games we're ranked 12th, 2 points ahead of 16th. This is how bad we are right now.

Hang on, why have Ineos bothered to change all of the footballing structure if all they care about is maintaining midtable football?

The amount of bedwetting in this thread is embarrassing.

I'm talking about the fans, which is exactly what they did last season. 8th place and they petitioned to keep him. They didn't want to risk this new structure, which they all wanted, doing their job and deciding the best decision is to get rid of him, so started a petition. Make it make sense.

In the last 20 PL Games we're ranked 12th, 2 points ahead of 16th. This is how bad we are right now.

I agree. The question from the owner's perspective would be whether making a change now would yield any better results.

On scale of 1 to 10 how bad are British journalists? With their hear say/speculation they tried their best to convinced all that Manchester United would be appointing a new manager for the 2024/25 season and didn't even consider that Jim and Co would keep Ten Hag on after their review.

Now 10 games into this season the meeting yesterday according to them was to used to part ways with Ten Hag. Hard to believe that some still trust the guess work they publish.
"Dramatic news" around MU sells and they know it. Even if they know it is based on lies and just pure bs, they will post it. Because it will still get clicks and that's all they care about.

The fanbase will be behind him if he wins a couple of games. That's all it will take. Ineos know it, Ten Hag knows it. That's why they'll ride it out and save their money.

Where are the wins coming?

-Brentford has frustrating draw written over it
-Fenerbache Jose is past it but he'll probably turn to prime Jose in the days leading up and have a tactical masterclass
-West Ham away has been a bogey for ten hag
-Leicester should be a win but somehow won't be easy
-Chelsea if they come in playing like they have that's a loss
-PAOK should be a win but we thought that about Twente
-Leicester see above
-Ipswich away has draw or loss just written over it

I just don't see where with how ten hag has us playing he's just gonna fire off a couple of wins and it's not just a couple of wins, he's gotta get some consecutive wins and I just don't see it.

Last edited:
No! You will be on the Caf hit list if you do that. Dead muppet walking.
I have no idea what you are on but we have a really bizzare fanbase i must say. I simply cannot believe there are people here who genuinely want to see the team lose football matches just to see the club sack a manager

Aston Villa basically saved him his job. Aswell as Harry Maguire.

No chance. He’ll be gone before he gets the chance to finish the season anyway so we don’t have to worry about that
I am certain he stays full season regardless of results.

All of these press reports seem to follow the same pattern, that Ten Hag hasn't been told anything and therefore he's planning ahead for Brentford.

That is highly speculative... things may be happening in the background at a board level. Until it comes from a proper source I'm not too concerned.
There’s nothing happening , zero chance he’s going to be sacked before Brentford .

The newbie ETH support club are quite obviously opposition fab trolls. It's why I suggested this thread should be locked for newbies.
Lock out the posters saying things are happening in the background and he’ll be sacked before Brentford also

To be fair, I think he's talking about those at Old Trafford. And he's not wrong, the only time I've seen discontent clearly show at Old Trafford is when the fans rushed the pitch in protest the the ESL. When you compare it to other supporters it is all very timid.
Exactly. And remember, that protest worked. So I am not saying that United doesn't have great matchgoing fans @TheReligion .

What I am saying is that I think sadly the fans are not using the power and leverage they actually have but completely waste it by not giving deserved feedback.

If they don't sack him it will be because they don't have a viable option to replace him with. Sure they could have Ruud takeover as caretaker for the rest of the year, but would that guarantee better results ? The rest of the top managers are mostly employed right now, so what would be the point. This sort of logic must surely be on the minds of SJR and the rest of the executive team.
That's why I feel they'll stick by him.

To avoid the fan base becoming toxic the powers that be should either just publicly back ETH if that’s what they’re going to do or just get rid and move on, I swear we’re the only major club in the world that drag everything out to the point of toxicity.

Everyone can see that ETH needs to go yet there’s a possibility that Ineos think different so just end the drama and make a public decision either way so we can at least just get on with whatever their decision is, so over the drama that comes with every big decision the club has to make.

It's not a hard question, it's a dumb question that doesn't really deserve an answer. Your premise that fans support their club because of things they love about it is infantile.

There's not been much to like about the club in the last decade, off or on the field. Except for some of the players and a few good moments, mainly under Jose and Ole. Do you disagree?
So you can’t answer what you love about Manchester United Football Club.

Wow.

I believe, they have never claimed that the meeting was a Ten Hag in or out meeting. Isn't it all media speculation?
If that is the case, they need not put out any statement, unless the fanbase goes absolute bonkers over this.

I don't think they "need" to do anything per se. I just personally would like to know the rationale.

Regarding the meeting it's supposedly something that happens monthly/regularly but it was reported the managerial agenda would be on the table. Pretty hard to imagine otherwise, to be fair. If they do meet monthly I'd assume discussions of sporting progress would naturally take place - especially so now with United having a poor start to the season.

Im not reading too much in to these current press stories about him staying as I dont think these journo's have really got a clue what's going on, whether the club have decided to sack him or not I very much doubt they would let their decision be leaked to the press before they've spoken Erik himself.

Sorry, were you in the meeting yesterday? Or were you driving the Maybach carrying SJR and Brailsford and overheard something?

It's called deductive reasoning. You don't need to be in the meeting to give an opinion on what's going to happen. If they decided to fire him, they would made the decision public yesterday or today. If we don't hear anything today, then he likely he's not fired. It makes no sense to drag it along and make a decision

So you can’t answer what you love about Manchester United Football Club.

Wow.

I love it when people like you get this enraged about some opinions they read on a club forum, does that count?

I agree. The question from the owner's perspective would be whether making a change now would yield any better results.

It's an admission of failure on their part, either they think the team is under performing if that's the case then it's down to the Manager. If however they think the players are playing to their natural standard then it pours yet more emphasis on the colossal waste of resources on our transfer policy in recent seasons (which indirectly still points to the Manager). It's genuinely depressing seeing what is happening to this club.

It's an admission of failure on their part, either they think the team is under performing if that's the case then it's down to the Manager. If however they think the players are playing to their natural standard then it pours yet more emphasis on the colossal waste of resources on our transfer policy in recent seasons (which indirectly still points to the Manager). It's genuinely depressing seeing what is happening to this club.

I don't disagree with any of this. The question at this moment is what are the options to replace him with right now that would salvage a better season than what ETH is capable of.

It most definitely would. No chance he leaves if we finish that high.
what the heck are you basing this on?! They pretty publicly considered various alternatives in the summer, after he had won the FA Cup in some style, and Ratcliffe has been studiously evasive whenever he's been pressed to provide support for ETH. Why would they suddenly be happy with another season of mediocrity??

Only way he stays is if he manages to ride out this international break and then starts winning games immediately, culminating in a top 4 finish and/or winning the Europa League plus a domestic cup. Most likely he won't be here in a month's time. Ineos have not changed the entire footballing structure just to be content with maintaining this level of mediocrity.

If they decided to fire him, they would made the decision public yesterday or today.

If they are going to sack him they cant make the decision public until they have spoken to Erik and they cant speak to Erik until next week when he returns from holiday.

It's called deductive reasoning. You don't need to be in the meeting to give an opinion on what's going to happen. If they decided to fire him, they would made the decision public yesterday or today. If we don't hear anything today, then he likely he's not fired. It makes no sense to drag it along and make a decision

No it isn't. Why would they make it public immediately - they may not have even told Ten Hag himself at that point?

They may want to speak to other managers, for example Tuchel, to see if he's open to joining and if they can agree something.

"Zero chance" was stated as fact, when in reality people are just being childishly negative and don't know what is going on at present. The board may not have even decided yet.

It makes no sense to drag it along? It made no sense to keep him in the summer, yet here we are.

Equally, there’s 10’s of millions at stake plus reduced sponsorship deals for tanking the season. This rock and a hard place boils down to risk one way or another and which chips they want to put the house on.

Morale is also on the table, which has far-reaching consequences should they back the wrong horse.

Time will tell. But I’ll give him up until the next international break (mid November) at most.
Then you may as well back him to the end of the season then. By mid-November the season could be truly fecked. There is every chance if this shit continues we could drift even further from top 4, out the league cup and up shits creak in the Europa by then.

I have zero faith that this guy is going to turn around this mediocrity of declining shit into some sort of vast improvement that warrants keeping him in 7 games. Yet, I have every faith he can feck it up.

I am unfortunately not sure anymore. In this scenario I can see him being able to convince INEOS (and a significant portion of the fanbase, especially outside the caf) that “now the only way is up”, “we had to suffer pain and we were at the bottom but now we are improving and will be challenging for top-4 next season and by 2028 will win the title” and so on. And of course it ends after another season or two with no progress whatsoever.
If we finish 6th or 7th this season he will not be convincing anybody, let alone all of those in the footballing structure above him whose lucrative roles also depend upon his success, that he deserves another season.

Isn't every league position worth an additional £3/4m anyway, so even if they can't afford to get rid of him (I find that hard to believe) they could almost guarantee recouping the money in our league finish alone, or not far off anyway

To avoid the fan base becoming toxic the powers that be should either just publicly back ETH if that’s what they’re going to do or just get rid and move on, I swear we’re the only major club in the world that drag everything out to the point of toxicity.

Everyone can see that ETH needs to go yet there’s a possibility that Ineos think different so just end the drama and make a public decision either way so we can at least just get on with whatever their decision is, so over the drama that comes with every big decision the club has to make.

They have already back him, Ashworth and Berrada did just that in the interview a few weeks ago. It means f all when the quality on the pitch continues to decline.

I expected him to survive, tbh.

Not overly fussed about the decision.

He's probably gonna get sacked eventually, but there has been improvement on last season, and not pulling the trigger now doesn't really equal "throwing the season away", despite a lot of posters pushing that narrative.

Then you may as well back him to the end of the season then. By mid-November the season could be truly fecked. There is every chance if this shit continues we could drift even further from top 4, out the league cup and up shits creak in the Europa by then.

I have zero faith that this guy is going to turn around this mediocrity of declining shit into some sort of vast improvement that warrants keeping him in 7 games. Yet, I have every faith he can feck it up.
Ye I don’t disagree with you mate. Was just replying to someone that thinks he’ll see out the season. We have Brentford, Fenerbache and West Ham in the next 3 games. We probably win 1 of them games if we’re lucky.