Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah not sure why it’s so hard to understand. If you have a roaring OT applauding everyone in the squad and on the bench every weekend no matter the result, that’s going to have some sort of influence on the general support of the current situation, the same way a mutinous crowd endlessly booing the team would have influence. Doesn’t mean it’s the overarching factor, but to say it has no effect at all is just stupidity
So what we need is the supporters to do is to not support. Gotcha.

Also INEOS can get fecked with this corporate style “reviews” that give the impression of hard work just to leave and not do shit. They did a 2 week long season review as well and couldn’t pull the trigger in that one, as if a giant meeting is needed to make a call either way.

The delay is because they're recording Ratcliffe's video diary. They're collecting b-roll footage of Jim polishing his gun and forlornly looking out the window at a rainy Manchester.

Anyone who can plot data points can show with linear regression that we have been on the decline since 2023. You don't need to be some data scientists to even do this

Exactly. So, the question is what metrics are the upper management using to evaluate Ten Hag's performance???

Support as long as it helps the team (=during the match). Give them a fair reaction once it's over. Clap for them if they deserved it, give them a bollocking if they deserved it. Currently fan reaction at Old Trafford is absolutely meaningless as it is always the same.

Support as long as it helps the team (=during the match). Give them a fair reaction once it's over. Clap for them if they deserved it, give them a bollocking if they deserved it. Currently fan reaction at Old Trafford is absolutely meaningless as it is always the same.
How do you know?

Hope the next manager gets similar support. And no doubt he will. Southgate will be interesting though.

Haha thought appointing him would make me turn on INEOS, was actually them stubbornly backing Ten Hag for the second time despite 2nd lowest goals scored and 14th in the table after 7 games.

Well if the journalists aren’t saying anything then it must be 100% certain then.

These guys are well connected, that's why they are rated as tier 1's, unlike bluffers such as Delaney and Cross who clearly are guessing

So journalists reporting something I’d as good as any evidence you can get. Right.

Ok well the only better thing we could have got to confirm this is if INEOS came out themselves and said they listened to the fans. So this is as good as any evidence we were likely to get, shall I say. Besides, you witnessed it yourself, you likely read the tweets and the articles. It obviously helped them come to the decision to keep as there was no heat on them to get rid, it was now the option that a) satisfied the fans and b) was the most cost effective. If the fans weren't on board then it obviously would have made the whole decision a lot harder.

How often do you feel that the reaction of the fans of the match are a reaction to what actually happened in the 90min they just witnessed? I very rarely do.
That’s subjective surely and doesn’t prove anything. United have a brilliant fanbase. Admired across the world by players and opps alike.

It’s tragic the internet fans don’t recognise that yet or ‘get it’.

Ask any oppo who has the best travelling support.

We had fans chanting about the players not being fit to wear the shirt under Ralf. Deservedly so.

We've never had fans show a similar level of critique for failed managers. Even one as unlikeable as ETH after 6+ months of near-relegation form.

The only club who treat their managers like the Pope rather than just another club employee. And unfortunately it's how the fans react to the manager that is the way clubs gauge how satisfied fans are with results and performances.

I am tempted to start a thread to make this point, but I just hope our supporters learn a valuable lesson from all of this.

It seems like practically everyone wants him out now, hell even r/reddevils are completely losing their shit over it, and not long ago they were the cult of Ten Hag. All those that wanted him to stay after the FA Cup final got duped. You ignored a hell of a lot of evidence, you ignored a lot of people that were poking holes through the flimsy excuses being made for him. You are almost reaping what you have sewn, and I'm sure it's not lost on INEOS how the entire fanbase has seemingly flip flopped within the space of a couple of months. They probably won't listen to fan pressure ever again, and rightly so. But that means that, right now we can scream and shout about this as much as we want, they're probably thinking to themselves that 'this is what they asked for, they can put up with it'. Hopefully not, but they'd be well within their rights. This is on you lot, and INEOS of course for listening and ignoring what was right in front of them.
Shocking what kind of stories people invent in their heads to make a "told you so" and "I was right, you were wrong" statement on the internet.
First claim Ineos made their decision in summer because reddit and caf told them so. Now when they are not firing Ten Hag, come up with another explanation that Ineos have stopped listening to fans now :lol: :lol:
Absolutely mental take.

Ok well the only better thing we could have got to confirm this is if INEOS came out themselves and said they listened to the fans. So this is as good as any evidence we were likely to get, shall I say. Besides, you witnessed it yourself, you likely read the tweets and the articles. It obviously helped them come to the decision to keep as there was no heat on them to get rid, it was now the option that a) satisfied the fans and b) was the most cost effective. If the fans weren't on board then it obviously would have made the whole decision a lot harder.
I’ll be honest I don’t read and obsess over every article like many here seem to do. What’s the point. It’s journalism. Some of it can be true, the majority is speculating or the subjective protection of their own views on vulnerable readers like @croadyman who get themselves worked up in to a frenzy.

We had fans chanting about the players not being fit to wear the shirt under Ralf. Deservedly so.

We've never had fans show a similar level of critique for failed managers. Even one as thoroughly unlikeable as ETH after 6+ months of near-relegation form.

The only club who treat their managers like the Pope rather than just another club employee.

Which is why the board are happy to let them ruin our seasons time and time again. Even under “new” ownership.

Maybe we actually do have to get relegated to completely remove bad inherited habits and move into the new football millennium. As a club and fanbase we are so far behind and it shows in the pitch.

this is the biggest problem with the whole shitshow. this normalising of what once would have been major crisis moments.

Or accepting that a process doesn't mean linear progress. The squad he came into had players leftover from 5 different managers with contrasting styles. If we're two years deep into a rebuilding process, accept that it is going to be inconsistent and let them see it through. They are all young and technical players being bought in, so if doesn't work they will all be good players to have for the next manager.

How does a manager command the respect of his players when his ability to manage the team has been questioned repeatedly by the club for good reason? Yes, he may have survived each inquest, but it seems to be that the players have lost faith in him and his style of play.

INEOS have made a nightmarish decision to keep him on - if that is indeed the case
Which players have lost faith, as it seems they are all still playing for him? Many faults to be had, but none of the players in squad now seem to have issue with him. For example when he agrees the sale of Maguire, that player is still here and is now putting in some of his better performances.

Yep, the standards are in the fecking mud! We’re now at the stage where you can sit in 14th with a negative goal difference and still seemingly keep your job.
Or try and look at the bigger picture beyond 7 games of a 38 season.

This is an obvious but important point. Yes, there are plenty of games yet to be played this season but we're almost at the point already where it's pointless to continue engaging with the club if they stick with ETH, a manager who has his squad -- which I believe is flush with 600m of new buys -- playing a worse brand of football than what he inherited and shows no willingness to learn from his mistakes.

It's one zombie performance after another, maybe getting lucky to nab a draw but never looking like a winner.
The season is 38 games long and it hasn't been one zombie performance after another, it's been inconsistent.

There has been shocking performances (spurs in particular) but they has also been good ones, Ie city in community shield.

Ultimately ETH might not be the one to take us forward, but one thing is for sure is that the squad being put together is only getting better and will set up the next manager nicely.

That’s subjective surely and doesn’t prove anything. United have a brilliant fanbase. Admired across the world by players and opps alike.

No one is denying how great our fanbase is, not sure why you’re acting like they are.

The point is being raised that endless “support” (especially at OT) while we get trashed 3-0 every week probably doesn’t help put any pressure on decision makers to change the status quo. But hey you’re proving my point for me by endlessly talking about “support” and how we are admired as a fanbase across the world even though no one said otherwise

To be fair, I think he's talking about those at Old Trafford. And he's not wrong, the only time I've seen discontent clearly show at Old Trafford is when the fans rushed the pitch in protest the the ESL. When you compare it to other supporters it is all very timid.

This is an obvious but important point. Yes, there are plenty of games yet to be played this season but we're almost at the point already where it's pointless to continue engaging with the club if they stick with ETH, a manager who has his squad -- which I believe is flush with 600m of new buys -- playing a worse brand of football than what he inherited and shows no willingness to learn from his mistakes.

It's one zombie performance after another, maybe getting lucky to nab a draw but never looking like a winner.
I honestly have never had the excitement to watch United leave me so quickly. It’s fecking October and I almost can’t be bothered

We've never had fans show a similar level of critique for failed managers. Even one as unlikeable as ETH after 6+ months of near-relegation form.

The only club who treat their managers like the Pope rather than just another club employee. And unfortunately it's how the fans react to the manager that is the way clubs gauge how satisfied fans are with results and performances.

So we had fans criticising the team under Ralf. But I thought United fans didn’t do that? Now I’m confused..

Or is it a case that they do actually do it but they have more patience than vast majority of flip floppers on the Caf.

The ones that pay the money to go can make their opinions in their own time and voice them as they see fit.

Would be surprised if Sam got this wrong, given supposed links between fan channel and Ten Hag’s agency.

What's funny about this situation is that he brought us to such low levels that if he manages to get us to 7th or so, he will consider this huge success and so will the owners, and he will easily get another season. Meanwhile if you brought up this proposition when he was hired, that after spending more than half a billion we would be a mid-table team, you'd consider that complete and utter failure.

He's a master tactician at playing the board and owners, shame he cannot translate this to the only tactics that matter in his job.

Shocking what kind of stories people invent in their heads to make a "told you so" and "I was right, you were wrong" statement on the internet.
First claim Ineos made their decision in summer because reddit and caf told them so. Now when they are not firing Ten Hag, come up with another explanation that Ineos have stopped listening to fans now :lol: :lol:
Absolutely mental take.
:lol:

Or accepting that a process doesn't mean linear progress. The squad he came into had players leftover from 5 different managers with contrasting styles. If we're two years deep into a rebuilding process, accept that it is going to be inconsistent and let them see it through. They are all young and technical players being bought in, so if doesn't work they will all be good players to have for the next manager.

Which players have lost faith, as it seems they are all still playing for him? Many faults to be had, but none of the players in squad now seem to have issue with him. For example when he agrees the sale of Maguire, that player is still here and is now putting in some of his better performances.

Or try and look at the bigger picture beyond 7 games of a 38 season.

The season is 38 games long and it hasn't been one zombie performance after another, it's been inconsistent.

There has been shocking performances (spurs in particular) but they has also been good ones, Ie city in community shield.

Ultimately ETH might not be the one to take us forward, but one thing is for sure is that the squad being put together is only getting better and will set up the next manager nicely.

He definitely isn't the guy to take Utd forward

Yep, he will most certainly turn it around and have us finish 10th. :rolleyes:

The damage this guy is doing to our club will just about finish us.
Maybe not 10th but 6th or 7th would definitely get him another Summer and next season, which is just mind boggling to think about.

No one is denying how great our fanbase is, not sure why you’re acting like they are.

The point is being raised that endless “support” (especially at OT) while we get trashed 3-0 every week probably doesn’t help put any pressure on decision makers to change the status quo. But hey you’re proving my point for me by endlessly talking about “support” and how we are admired as a fanbase across the world even though no one said otherwise
Being thrashed 3-0 every week? Are we just making things up now.

Absolutely mental take.

You say I'm making up stories and then claim that I'm claiming that it's because of reddit and the caf? :lol: feck off.

Just admit you were clueless in your assessment of last season and move on.

What's funny about this situation is that he brought us to such low levels that if he manages to get us to 7th or so, he will consider this huge success and so will the owners, and he will easily get another season. Meanwhile if you brought up this proposition when he was hired, that after spending more than half a billion we would be a mid-table team, you'd consider that complete and utter failure.

He's a master tactician at playing the board and owners, shame he cannot translate this to the only tactics that matter in his job.

Oh he's absolutely played them like a fiddle and now the fanbase is going to suffer for them stupidly falling for it

So we had fans criticising the team under Ralf. But I thought United fans didn’t do that? Now I’m confused..

Or is it a case that they do actually do it but they have more patience than vast majority of flip floppers on the Caf.

The ones that pay the money to go can make their opinions in their own time and voice them as they see fit.

Nah, it's not complicated what's been said.

The fans have not at any point in the last 11 years shown discontent at the manager. And that is how fans put pressure on boards to improve the situation at every other club.

That's because this club is unique in how it idolises the manager position and is detached from reality about concepts like how time will never turn bad managers into the next Fergie.

Maybe not 10th but 6th or 7th would definitely get him another Summer and next season, which is just mind boggling to think about.

Finishing that low and getting another season is shocking, I'm convinced now these clowns think he can be like Arteta. Difference being he showed something style wise with those 8th place finishes.

Nah, it's not complicated what's been said.

The fans have not at any point in the last 11 years shown discontent at the manager. And that is how fans put pressure on boards to improve the situation at every other club.

That's because this club is unique in how it idolises the manager position and is detached from reality about concepts like how time will never turn bad managers into the next Fergie.
So you don’t like what the club and fanbase is about.

Why you here?