Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
A interim isn't going to do worse though? They've already got the safety net of being an interim and that being known, no one would be expecting a title charge.

Who do you think the top top summer replacement would be? I've seen a few float this idea, and I do think there's genuine logic to it, I just can't think who it would be.

Yeah I could have had excitement for interim but Erik staying says season over in October, WOW

Which won’t change a thing because we already know we are going to be bad against good teams. We could lose 3-0 to Chelsea at OT and 7-0 at Arsenal and it’d be just another day at the office.
this is the biggest problem with the whole shitshow. this normalising of what once would have been major crisis moments.

Very close to being officially INEOS out for this in the same way I was Erik out after Anfield
I feel for you. It's horrible having to watch managers you don't like/rate stink the place out.

I was the same with Mourinho and Ole for months before they were sacked. While Mourinho's time became toxic after Sevilla, I just never bought into Ole. I never wanted him to get the job.

ten Hag has been by far the most disappointing of the lot though. Nearly everyone was optimistic when he was hired. Although his comments about Overmars (around the time we announced him as manager in April 2022), didn't sit well with me. Turns out he's not a nice guy at all. He doubled down on it this year.

No it doesn’t stop being hysterical.

Nothing hysterical just can't be bothered whilst he remains manager, simple as that really. Pretty certain I will feel nothing if they do see sense in May as far too late to put right their previous mistakes then.

As much as we'd like an immediate decision, it doesn't really make any difference if they announce something yesterday, today or the end of the week. For all we know they might have decided to give him the boot but they're sorting out what comes next before confirming it. If he turns up to training next week then I'll be just as frustrated but it's pointless to have a meltdown about it now.

How does a manager command the respect of his players when his ability to manage the team has been questioned repeatedly by the club for good reason? Yes, he may have survived each inquest, but it seems to be that the players have lost faith in him and his style of play.

INEOS have made a nightmarish decision to keep him on - if that is indeed the case

Which won’t change a thing because we already know we are going to be bad against good teams. We could lose 3-0 to Chelsea at OT and 7-0 at Arsenal and it’d be just another day at the office.

Yep, the standards are in the fecking mud! We’re now at the stage where you can sit in 14th with a negative goal difference and still seemingly keep your job.

I am tempted to start a thread to make this point, but I just hope our supporters learn a valuable lesson from all of this.

It seems like practically everyone wants him out now, hell even r/reddevils are completely losing their shit over it, and not long ago they were the cult of Ten Hag. All those that wanted him to stay after the FA Cup final got duped. You ignored a hell of a lot of evidence, you ignored a lot of people that were poking holes through the flimsy excuses being made for him. You are almost reaping what you have sewn, and I'm sure it's not lost on INEOS how the entire fanbase has seemingly flip flopped within the space of a couple of months. They probably won't listen to fan pressure ever again, and rightly so. But that means that, right now we can scream and shout about this as much as we want, they're probably thinking to themselves that 'this is what they asked for, they can put up with it'. Hopefully not, but they'd be well within their rights. This is on you lot, and INEOS of course for listening and ignoring what was right in front of them.

They wont learn from this. Never do.

Who is this top top replacement that will suddenly become available though?

Looking at some of the options that may be consider top targets.

Klopp & Pep - never going to happen
Alonso - I think we're kidding ourselves if we think we can get him
Zidane - if he won't take the job now, there's no reason why he takes it in the summer
Nagelsman - it would be easier to get him now than in the summer
Inzaghi - probably the most credible option to wait around for but not known whether he would be interested?

Other than that it's hoping Ancelotti or Flick get sacked or leave at the end of the season.

The chances are, that it's a similar pool of managers available and maybe a few other lower level managers that would rather not switch jobs mid season.

Wait around for the "ideal" choice and you may not get it and you've wasted a season for no reason.

Yeah you have absolutely nailed it with this post

He obviously saw the writing on the wall when INEOS spoke to Tuchel. Followed by replacing his backroom staff. He knows he's gone and it shows.
Somehow I can’t see Rene GenericDutchman staying if Ten Hag leaves. He reeks of a Ten Hag incoming.

Nothing hysterical just can't be bothered
If only that was true. Your hate has energised you into being quite bothered and definitely approaching hysterical. None of your posts say anything except reiterate how much you hate the club currently.

Maybe some of the players need to learn they can't keep getting away with downing tools and getting the manager sacked.

Not bothered if they do because would serve INEOS right for backing the wrong horse TWICE

If only that was true. Your hate has energised you into being quite bothered and definitely approaching hysterical. None of your posts say anything except reiterate how much you hate the club currently.

I have an intense dislike for how it's run would be a better way of putting it. I always believed this club had very high standards, however clearly I was very wrong

If we stick to Erik, we could be anywhere from 10-17. I don't even think we can rank higher than 10. Strikers sucks, we need 37 yo Johnny to steady defense, ill discipline across midfield and defense due to tactic and frustration. Seriously what is the point of keeping?! Do Ineos think we will start scoring after the international? What if a few players comes back injured? I am sure Erik will start looking for excuses. Erik is the worst manager that I have seen in 30-40 years from signings to tactics to personality to excuses. It never seems to be his fault even though we spend close to 600 million.

I have an intense dislike for how it's run would be a better way of putting it. I always believed this club had very high standards, however clearly I was very wrong

Maybe look for a club that meet your expectations? You'd be a much happier bunny.

From someone I know who is a journalist (sports but for a business news type of place), they've asked their contacts at United and INEOS and not got push back when asked if he is gone yet. Obviously not a confirmation in any form but just found it interesting

ETH now reportedly convinced he's going to stay on. Honestly, whatever incompetence has happened over the past 11 years regarding ownership, this surely must take the biscuit.

It's sad that we're having to write off an entire season because the clowns in charge don't want to accept that they made a mistake with the manager. Feels pointless engaging with the season at this point.

This is an obvious but important point. Yes, there are plenty of games yet to be played this season but we're almost at the point already where it's pointless to continue engaging with the club if they stick with ETH, a manager who has his squad -- which I believe is flush with 600m of new buys -- playing a worse brand of football than what he inherited and shows no willingness to learn from his mistakes.

It's one zombie performance after another, maybe getting lucky to nab a draw but never looking like a winner.

Maybe some of the players need to learn they can't keep getting away with downing tools and getting the manager sacked.

Who's downing tools, exactly? From my eye they're all trying, but the tactics are so fecking diabolical that their best efforts can't even amount to anything.

ETH now reportedly convinced he's going to stay on. Honestly, whatever incompetence has happened over the past 11 years regarding ownership, this surely must take the biscuit.

Ten Hags weird and deluded though.

Remember "I'll go and win trophies somewhere else"? He's a legend in his own mind.

I’m clinging onto the faint hope that no news is good news.

Normally when he’s under the cosh, there’s a brief to journos that his job is safe. Nothing this time except stone cold silence.

Hopefully they’ve flown out to Ibiza to deliver the news personally before making an announcement.

Would be surprised if Sam got this wrong, given supposed links between fan channel and Ten Hag’s agency.

Would be surprised if Sam got this wrong, given supposed links between fan channel and Ten Hag’s agency.

Yep, he will most certainly turn it around and have us finish 10th. :rolleyes:

The damage this guy is doing to our club will just about finish us.

I am tempted to start a thread to make this point, but I just hope our supporters learn a valuable lesson from all of this.

It seems like practically everyone wants him out now, hell even r/reddevils are completely losing their shit over it, and not long ago they were the cult of Ten Hag. All those that wanted him to stay after the FA Cup final got duped. You ignored a hell of a lot of evidence, you ignored a lot of people that were poking holes through the flimsy excuses being made for him. You are almost reaping what you have sewn, and I'm sure it's not lost on INEOS how the entire fanbase has seemingly flip flopped within the space of a couple of months. They probably won't listen to fan pressure ever again, and rightly so. But that means that, right now we can scream and shout about this as much as we want, they're probably thinking to themselves that 'this is what they asked for, they can put up with it'. Hopefully not, but they'd be well within their rights. This is on you lot, and INEOS of course for listening and ignoring what was right in front of them.
Yes let’s blame the fans.

Even better blame the match going fans.

Yeah, I don't think Ineos are overly bothered with United on field this season. I think they want to focus purely on other aspects of the club.
Next season is where its at.

Quality control

Brent and his cronies can all throw a party, I feel really sorry for Yoro who picked us over Real thinking it was an interesting project. Poor guy has been absolutely conned by Ten Hag and INEOS