Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am really disappointed. Ineos sold us a story about "best people in business" in charge and they are reluctant to make this call while it is obvious to everyone that is the right call and inevitable.
It is like Arnold and Ed never left.

Yeah, I don't think Ineos are overly bothered with United on field this season. I think they want to focus purely on other aspects of the club.
Next season is where its at.
They’ve said that football is the focus so I don’t believe this for a second.

Our football performance also has a financial impact and continuing with ten Hag and coming bottom half of the table will cost a hell of a lot more than replacing him with a manager who can turn things around and get us into Europe.

Would be surprised if Sam got this wrong, given supposed links between fan channel and Ten Hag’s agency.

Today the united seg was unbearable. It would cost us 200m+ to replace ETH as the new manager would want to get rid of all ETH 'gems', aiming for CL money is arrogant, there is a style of play, the majority of fans want ETH. It reminds me of istituto luce (fascism propaganda machine) that portrayed everything done by Mussolini as coming directly from god

Wonder if some of the 85% who signed Mitten's UWS poll are regretting that decision now. People say they shouldn't have reacted to emotion, so in that case why didn't they stick with their original decision to sack after Palace. Definitely fell for a sentimental fanbase who was so euphoric over beating City

Quite a turnaround in my time on the boards. At one time the OOT and JCL brigades got the flak, now the real enemy are the match going fans. Some flip.
Yes it’s the bastards who pay to see the team each week, travel thousands of miles and stand in the wind and rain all season. They are the enemy. Its their fault that standards have been eroded and the clueless INEOS won’t sack Ten Hag when the Caf demands it.

Wonder if some of the 85% who signed Mitten's UWS poll are regretting that decision now. People say they shouldn't have reacted to emotion, so in that case why didn't they stick with their original decision to sack after Palace.
You are an emotional wreck and have been for the past 24 hours or more.

Absolutely no place to say anything.

Would be surprised if Sam got this wrong, given supposed links between fan channel and Ten Hag’s agency.

Can we all be honest here? No one actually believes he can turn it around. Absolutely no one.

If the decision is he is staying it's simply not a football one. There is no a chance Ineos think he can even get us top 4, I doubt they even believe he can get us top six.

He reveals in the second paragraph that his sources are in ten Hag’s camp.

There is every chance the decision has been made and the club are doing their due diligence and preparing for his termination. He’s the one that fecked off on holiday in the middle of the season so I wouldn’t be surprised if the decision will be a face to face upon his return when the interim and succession plan is formed.

Also for what it’s worth I think ten Hag fecking off on holiday is very much an indicator that his job is on the line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been told that his position is being reviewed and it’s best if he takes a few days off while that process plays out. I might be wrong but first team managers going on holiday during an international break in the middle of the season is not a normal thing to happen. The work doesn’t stop because there’s no matches for a couple of weeks.

Yes let’s blame the fans.

Even better blame the match going fans.

Even if they only had a minor influence, it's a problem. I'm a ST holder of 20 years and I've never seen anybody criticise our coach in the ground, no matter how bad it got. That's not the problem though, it's all those going crazy and demanding to keep him after such a poor season. Going against the very structure they wanted and petitioning them, influencing their decisions. Now they're back, tail between their legs, demanding he's sacked. It's just a joke. Our fans have to be some of the stupidest in the country.

I guess that's it then for now. See you guys again in a month's time where we'll be having the exact same discussion. I'll continue to hate watch Utd until then.

You are an emotional wreck and have been for the past 24 hours or more.

Absolutely no place to say anything.

Least I didn't fall for winning that FA Cup, they should have said week after Cup Final well done and thanks for service but we are moving in a new direction. The bluffer absolutely has them wrapped right around his little finger unfortunately.

What exactly is so wrong about that

Sorry, you're right. I'm sure Lenny thought we were going to be an instant hit. As that doesn't seem apparent, and the manger isn't being sacked immediately to be replaced by a panic appointment of an average German nobody thinks is a real long term solution either, then we have no choice. We, as fans who owe Lenny big time for taking a risk on being paid millions by Manchester United, should club together, see if we can find enough change, so Real Madrid can air lift him the feck out of here.

Won't somebody think of Lenny!!??

INEOS's 3rd mistake already:

1. Not sacking him in the summer
2. Backing him with 200m
3. Not sacking him now when its obvious to everyone in football that he isnt the man to take this team forward.

Even if they only had a minor influence, it's a problem. I'm a ST holder of 20 years and I've never seen anybody criticise our coach in the ground, no matter how bad it got. That's not the problem though, it's all those going crazy and demanding to keep him after such a poor season. Going against the very structure they wanted and petitioning them, influencing their decisions. Now they're back, tail between their legs, demanding he's sacked. It's just a joke. Our fans have to be some of the stupidest in the country.
Yeah most people know that it means nothing and there’s zero evidence that it had any influence, let alone the huge sway, you are portraying.

Sorry, you're right. I'm sure Lenny thought we were going to be an instant hit. As that doesn't seem apparent, and the manger isn't being sacked immediately to be replaced by a panic appointment of an average German nobody thinks is a real long term solution either, then we have no choice. We, as fans who owe Lenny big time for taking a risk on being paid millions by Manchester United, should club together, see if we can find enough change, so Real Madrid can air lift him the feck out of here.

Won't somebody think of Lenny!!??

Why do you see Tuchel as average, maybe I need to remind you he won Champions League with Chelsea, also made final with PSG, oh and would have made it last season but for Neuer mistake. I am also not going to criticise him when Leverkusen had a freak season.

If this was a movie then Ten Hag would have a training montage in the mountains during the international break.

What do you think his training would consist of?

Yes it’s the bastards who pay to see the team each week, travel thousands of miles and stand in the wind and rain all season. They are the enemy. Its their fault that standards have been eroded and the clueless INEOS won’t sack Ten Hag when the Caf demands it.

Did anyone say they're the enemy? I think it's fair to point out the obvious - match going fans have contributed to the impression given to the owners over the last decade that we dont have standards on par with other top clubs.

The fans have made it so easy for the Glazers to systematically lower expectations. Now whenever a new manager comes in, there will be a large number of fans who put them on a pedestal just for taking us back into the top half of the table.

Not just match going fans either. Lots on social media and obviously the big United fan channels have proven to be wildly deluded.

Also for what it’s worth I think ten Hag fecking off on holiday is very much an indicator that his job is on the line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been told that his position is being reviewed and it’s best if he takes a few days off while that process plays out. I might be wrong but first team managers going on holiday during an international break in the middle of the season is not a normal thing to happen. The work doesn’t stop because there’s no matches for a couple of weeks.
Yeah you’d hope if your job was on the line you’d be endlessly studying early season mistakes and trying to come up with solutions to fix the issues. Not fecking off to go sip cocktails on the coast somewhere.

Yeah most people know that it means nothing and there’s zero evidence that it had any influence, let alone the huge sway, you are portraying.

A lot of journalists with ties to the club said it did. That's as good as any evidence you can get. I could almost guarantee that he'd be gone if this reaction now, came after the season had finished instead.

Like I said, even if it only influenced their decision slightly, it was utter stupidity from our lot. And now they are getting what they deserve, whether they like it or not.

Did anyone say they're the enemy? I think it's fair to point out the obvious - match going fans have contributed to the impression given to the owners over the last decade that we dont have standards on par with other top clubs.

The fans have made it so easy for the Glazers to systematically lower expectations. Now whenever a new manager comes in, there will be a large number of fans who put them on a pedestal just for taking us back into the top half of the table.
Where’s the evidence of this?

There is literally no evidence/stats available that suggest the team under ETH will improve at any point. If anything, the evidence points towards regression. If INEOS plan on being contrarian, then, they are absolute fools.

Anyone who can plot data points can show with linear regression that we have been on the decline since 2023. You don't need to be some data scientists to even do this

Yeah you’d hope if your job was on the line you’d be endlessly studying early season mistakes and trying to come up with solutions to fix the issues. Not fecking off to go sip cocktails on the coast somewhere.

You forget he thinks he's totally untouchable, only need to look at the cockiness displayed in pressers. Would have been great to see him get a shock but nope INEOS bought all the BS.

Yeah not sure why it’s so hard to understand. If you have a roaring OT applauding everyone in the squad and on the bench every weekend no matter the result, that’s going to have some sort of influence on the general support of the current situation, the same way a mutinous crowd endlessly booing the team would have influence. Doesn’t mean it’s the overarching factor, but to say it has no effect at all is just stupidity

A lot of journalists with ties to the club said it did. That's as good as any evidence you can get. I could almost guarantee that he'd be gone if this reaction now, came after the season had finished instead.

Like I said, even if it only influenced their decision slightly, it was utter stupidity from our lot. And now they are getting what they deserve, whether they like it or not.
So journalists reporting something I’d as good as any evidence you can get. Right.