Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
All the pressure is actually from the media. They fecking love a "United in Crisis" story and push it on every platform.

All the pressure is actually as a result of the teams dogshit performances and results. The media can't whip up a "United in crisis" story. Unless you know United are in a crisis.

All the pressure is actually from the media. They fecking love a "United in Crisis" story and push it on every platform.
Come on, not all the pressure is coming from the media. That's just laughable at this point.
The media are cnuts yes but I'd say they're a extension of the majority of the fanbase at this moment in time.

November is meaningless, much like this international break. If he survives this one then they'll keep him for this season at the very least. If this terrible form can't get him sacked, then a few wins here and there this season, solid midtable finish and some good cup runs will probably give them enough to give him a new contract.
Let’s take a beat, he won’t get a new contract. If he was going to get a new contract they would have done so already. IF he stays then I’m sure he’s been given his targets to meet or else

I wonder if the new contract Ineos put in front of him was very favourable for the club in the event they decided to sack him?

Could explain why he wouldn't sign.

I think they'll sack him but it'll be at the most pointless, inconvenient time possible. Whatever contract Ten Hag has it'll be the legacy one that the Glazer dickheads approved before Ineos rocked up. It probably has a clause in it that states we have to pay Ten Hag his entire contract unless Old Trafford burns to the ground because when he first joined he was promised lots of time to develop his "process".

See I just don't hold out any hope of him going this season if not now. It seems the ideal time, with enough games and a good run, to be able to turn something around. Leave it another month and everything suggests we'll be even further away. At that point, what is the point in changing? They'd only be setting up the next guy for failure when it's too much to turn around.

After the summer I just have no confidence in them making the right decision.

See I just don't hold out any hope of him going this season if not now. It seems the ideal time, with enough games and a good run, to be able to turn something around. Leave it another month and everything suggests we'll be even further away. At that point, what is the point in changing? They'd only be setting up the next guy for failure when it's too much to turn around.

After the summer I just have no confidence in them making the right decision.
I agree with you, it's mad! I just can't understand how our owners, no matter who they be, are constantly so bad at operating a football club.

It's already failing spectacularly to be fair.

What if a top, top replacement isn't available this summer?

There are no guarantees in football when it comes to hiring managers.

Last summer there was Tuchel, De Zerbi, Potter, Amorim, Poch, Motta etc. Next summer, what options are we looking at? It's not difficult to predict, we just need to look at who is doing well now and could be an option. From where I'm standing, I think we'll have much the same options, maybe even less, this summer. I don't see another Pep on the horizon, or another Klopp. If we're waiting for that then we'll be waiting a long, long time. So if that's what we want, then what is the plan for the next 10 years until that generational manager comes along? They certainly won't be here by 2028 when we expect to win the league. That's 3-4 years away and the best coaches then will be those we know now.

I agree with you, it's mad! I just can't understand how our owners, no matter who they be, are constantly so bad at operating a football club.

Yeah it is genuinely baffling. We're in pretty uncharted waters already by backing a manager who has been crap for the best part of 18 months, even though he's spent the GDP of a small country on his team. Even a struggling promoted team will pot a manager who, less than 12 months earlier, dominated the Championship, with them. I just can't get over how low the standards seemingly are. There has to be something we're missing here that would make this make sense.

Yeah it is genuinely baffling. We're in pretty uncharted waters already by backing a manager who has been crap for the best part of 18 months, even though he's spent the GDP of a small country on his team. Even a struggling promoted team will pot a manager who, less than 12 months earlier, dominated the Championship, with them. I just can't get over how low the standards seemingly are. There has to be something we're missing here that would make this make sense.
Exactly. We’ve won two of our last six games in all competitions. 3-0 against an awful Southampton and 7-0 against an even worse Barnsley. We’ve had an even worse start to the season than the horror show of last season. We’re getting progressively worse. I don’t understand how they can’t sack him. If this were any other club he’d have been gone fecking ages ago.

I think he's got away with it this time but a couple of bad results after the international break and he's a gonna. He should have lost his job and I honestly can't see the point in keeping him
I mean we've been saying this since 2 months ago. All it takes is a couple of bad results and he's gone. But he never leaves.

So much speculation here on all sides. In reality, there were only a few people in that meeting yesterday and none of them are going to be leaking things.

Everything else is just guesswork. They were never going to leave that meeting and put out a statement immediately.

Hopefully we'll find something out later today.

I would love to know what Ineos master plan is if they continue to perservere with ETH.
Maybe there's a logic in lowering the standards.

Poor Ten Hag, second holiday he has had the prospect of being sacked looming over him. Should have been sacked the first time.
Has he gone away again? Is the man ever at the club? His brain’s on permanent vacation, I’ll tell you that for nothing.

Maybe having the standards become so inexplicably low that it'll be a better working foundation for the new manager next year?

Because I feel with ETH we'll be fortunate to go above 6th place in this campaign. We may get fortunate draws in the cups.

Absurd statement number 1 - there is no top top candidate. At this point anyone who isn't delusional and mentally lost is a top candidate. Hell, I'll fecking go coach them. I'll tell the fullbacks to feck off from midfield and I'll bring the lines closer. Boom, improvement.

Absurd statement number 2 - We have easy run?! We make Twente look decent! The only easy run for us would be playing 5 league one teams in a row.

I would love to know what Ineos master plan is if they continue to perservere with ETH.
Maybe there's a logic in lowering the standards.

It'll be a realisation that this season has little to no expectations as the objective is squad building. As much as I want ETH out, it's not worth hiring a manager they don't really want on a 3 year contract if the one they're talking to isn't available yet.

I don’t understand why we’re so comfortable with writing entire seasons off in October/November. The financial ramifications alone should ward that off, but there doesn’t seem to be a care in the world for the damage dragging this on is doing across the board.

Morale, confidence, belief in the club from players and fans, all worsening as the season goes from bad to worse and the toxicity needlessly ramping up by the performance. It’s entirely avoidable. And if this persists, the overspill carries on into the next season because too many things then need addressing for a single summer to hope to fix.

I don’t understand why we’re so comfortable with writing entire seasons off in October/November. The financial ramifications alone should ward that off, but there doesn’t seem to be a care in the world for the damage dragging this on is doing across the board.

Morale, confidence, belief in the club from players and fans, all worsening as the season goes from bad to worse and the toxicity needlessly ramping up by the performance. It’s entirely avoidable. And if this persists, the overspill carries on into the next season because too many things then need addressing for a single summer to hope to fix.

It's fecking mental isn't it? I don't get it from any angle. As a fan or from a business point of view. So much left to play for.

Maybe some of the players need to learn they can't keep getting away with downing tools and getting the manager sacked.

I am tempted to start a thread to make this point, but I just hope our supporters learn a valuable lesson from all of this.

It seems like practically everyone wants him out now, hell even r/reddevils are completely losing their shit over it, and not long ago they were the cult of Ten Hag. All those that wanted him to stay after the FA Cup final got duped. You ignored a hell of a lot of evidence, you ignored a lot of people that were poking holes through the flimsy excuses being made for him. You are almost reaping what you have sewn, and I'm sure it's not lost on INEOS how the entire fanbase has seemingly flip flopped within the space of a couple of months. They probably won't listen to fan pressure ever again, and rightly so. But that means that, right now we can scream and shout about this as much as we want, they're probably thinking to themselves that 'this is what they asked for, they can put up with it'. Hopefully not, but they'd be well within their rights. This is on you lot, and INEOS of course for listening and ignoring what was right in front of them.

It's fecking mental isn't it? I don't get it from any angle. As a fan or from a business point of view. So much left to play for.
Of course it's mad but if the board choose to continue with ETH then a topsy turvy campaign is what we should expect.. Again.

Maybe some of the players need to learn they can't keep getting away with downing tools and getting the manager sacked.
Nah, it's practically his team now.
And I don't think the players are downing tools. They genuinely look fecking confused on the pitch about their roles.

Seriously, what’s the point in persisting with this horror show?

Trust between the board and manager must be at an all time low. Just feck him off already.

The only alternatives are getting someone who just happens to be available in on a long contract now, and potentially regretting it or getting a caretaker in for 8 months who's unproven.

I do understand Ineos wanting their first permanent appointment being someone that they really believe in, it's probably the most important decision they'll make for a long time.

If he is staying that is Ineos publicly admitting they do not care about actual football performance.

Neither did the Glazers beforehand.

Joel and Avram obviously sold Jim the dream that this club will make him money regardless of how well it's doing on the pitch. The fan base is too massive.

There’s numerous aspects that aren’t making sense to me, but wilfully nosediving yet another season like there’s nothing at stake, I’d love to hear the reasoning for.

These are supposed professional people unafflicted with the fan curse of blind faith as that’s no way to run a struggling business.

Not sure what is so hard to understand.

- top replacements only available in the summer
- giving 8 months to an interim is too high of a risk, what if he fails spectacularly within 2 months?
- as worrying as the situation is, theoretically easier upcoming fixtures which could see us turn the situation around
- sacking is expensive

Rather waste this season in order to get a top top relpacement, than give it now to someone who doesn't guarantee better outcome

Not sure what is so hard to understand that NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE ANYTHING!

There is literally no evidence/stats available that suggest the team under ETH will improve at any point. If anything, the evidence points towards regression. If INEOS plan on being contrarian, then, they are absolute fools.