Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is embarrassing. If you are not sacking him now then better keep him for the whole season and waste it completely.

I agree. Ineos will have to suffer through what is surely shaping up to be our worst PL season on record, as if last season wasn't enough. Looks like things have to get much worse before serious action is taken.

Forget results and performances, we are now getting false dawns at this club even in sacking this manager. False dawn fc.

Results and performances are only an ego thing anyway.

The process is where it's at. Even if it's a seemingly never ending process with little or no discernible progress.

This is the SLT making what is probably the biggest decision a club can make and one that will likely be a defining moment in the Ratcliffe era.

The circle that is privy to this meeting is will be so small, the chances of it leaking before we make an announcement is very very unlikely. It’s just not in anyone’s interest to do so.
Let me afford you a genuine quote from the article to save you wasting a few minutes of your life:

"We didn't see anyone leaving until around 4.45pm, when Blanc left by the front door.

“I think a decision was made that Sir Jim Ratcliffe should leave by the back exit because there were so many people here.

"The meeting went on for almost seven hours. I think if you want to be a conspiracy theorist, you may say, 'Why did the meeting go on for so long?'

I'm going to guess that INEOS have made the decision to pull the plug and are now working quietly behind the scenes, away from the media & spotlight to agree terms with their preferred replacement.
When it becomes official that badly is staying put, somebody console this brother from Belfast.

Don't think we'll hear anything about this. There will be no announcement because they can't really announce that they've decided not to sack the manager.

There'll be silence and then the next game will roll around and Erik will be there, refreshed from his holiday with a new list of excuses.

Totally done until he's gone, hoping for my team to draw or lose makes me disgusted with myself

I'm going to guess that INEOS have made the decision to pull the plug and are now working quietly behind the scenes, away from the media & spotlight to agree terms with their preferred replacement.

For info, I really don't think a caretaker appointment is the way to go, the club is in too much of a mess for INEOS to potentially end up back at the negotiating table again in 6 months.

Also, announcing that they've terminated ETHs contract in advance would give Tuchel or any other prospective manager too much of an upper hand in negotiations....- Hoping for some news over the coming days that they've parted ways by mutual consent.
I'm of the same opinion.

There's no logic in keeping him anymore. He's at the dead man walking phase now, and having this hanging over the team will only make things worse.

You can honestly see it with the players. Most of them are working hard because they don't want to be accused of letting the club down anymore, but you can tell there's no belief or confidence. I've never seen a manager recover from this. So keeping him would be simply delaying the inevitable. I'd really question their judgment if that happens.

Guess it’s the Brentford game which will see him sacked then. There gonna look like right mugs if we lose to Brentford and then they sack him when they’ve had 2 full weeks to do so. Costing us more points

Absolutel clowns the lot of them

Complete radio silence. If they have decided to sack him, they may not have even told him yet. Usually you'd get Dutch media reporting from his angle. If he is to be sacked, he might be told tomorrow morning before an official announcement.

That’s what happened with Ole after he lost 4-1 against Watford. He got told by Woodward the next day.

I’d be for any manager changes being limited to transfer windows tbh. Getting really sick of the endless chat on socials after every game about potential sackings.

The entire United coverage makes it very hard to enjoy any match these days…

I get it! the manager and players are underperforming, we don’t need 2000 YouTube channels reminding us 24/7.

The process is where it's at. Even if it's a seemingly never ending process with little or no discernible progress.
Agreed. Been watching football the wrong way all my life. Process is what gives you the meaning. All thanks to the man who mastered the process and invented heh.

It's hard to conclude anything other than Ineos aren't serious about making the club competitive again. They are happy for us to finish mid-table so they can save some money.
Ineos have owned Nice FC in France for the last five years and I think they have gone through 6 different managers/coaches in that time and Nice are still a middle of the road club. From that experience maybe they are taking a different approach with a much bigger club in United and taking their time to appoint the right replacement for Ten Hag. On the other hand If they are to bring in Southgate then for me they aren't much better than the Glazers.

I must admit I thought today would be the day we would find out that ETH got the chop, but I guess patience is required, hopefully tomorrow what's another day of misery afterall. I'm impatiently awaiting a new dawn and some new hope.

Now we have that clown Smith from Paddock saying he would keep him until the end of season. % drops back to 86.1 as well which is disappointing

Because unlike you most of us are wondering Wtf ineos are waiting for when they've got so much negative data proving he's not good enough. There is no logic to him still being here, absolutely zero.
If you can't understand that having oppos siding with us wondering Wtf ineos are doing is even more damning than actual utd supporters doing it then I can't help you.
End of.

No, I absolutely don't understand how having opposition fans laugh at us or wonder what INEOS are doing has anything to do with whether whatever decision INEOS will make is logical, reasonable or correct. You and all the world's opposition's opinion that INEOS are clueless does not make it more likely that they are actually clueless. Whether INEOS is actually clueless can only be argued based on how they are going about the decision, given what data they have access to and what other variables they must factor in, which you and the oppsition do not have access to as far as I know.

Nothing to worry about the Hirst article. It’s only guess work from him.

The club’s board held the meeting at Ineos’s offices in central London on Tuesday. Ordinarily if a huge decision, such as a sacking, is decided at one of those meetings it is communicated publicly afterwards, but there was no statement from the club on Tuesday evening.

They are because they have to, just as they had to back in June. There's too much noise about Hag to not brief whether they still want him to continue. I dont mean a club statement or press conference..... I mean someone from the club giving a couple of lines for the journalists to print. Like they did in June.
Maybe they will but who cares. Publicly they'll be 100% behind the manager right up to the second they sack him. Its an empty, redundant gesture. Which is probably why most clubs dont bother releasing statements saying they're behind the manager after every defeat anymore.
I can definitely understand being annoyed at him not being sacked but how we deal with journalists when a manager is under scrutiny seems a misplaced criticism. You want the board to shut up, ignore them and dont feed the speculation surely?

Tell that to his trophies. I'm sorry for you, heh.

Ok, they are continuing on the path of suicidal idiocy, and I won't be drawn in it. I hope they'll eat even bigger shit when Erik (-ten GD) Hag destroys the club even more. I value my time a lot more in my life at the moment than this crap!

Over many years of frequenting various corners of the internet I've rarely witnessed a more mature and useful contribution to a discussion than when someone feels the need to tell someone else to 'grow up'.

Take a bow.

For info, I really don't think a caretaker appointment is the way to go, the club is in too much of a mess for INEOS to potentially end up back at the negotiating table again in 6 months.

Also, announcing that they've terminated ETHs contract in advance would give Tuchel or any other prospective manager too much of an upper hand in negotiations....- Hoping for some news over the coming days that they've parted ways by mutual consent.
I agree. Patience is needed. INEOS will want to minimise their financial losses with this decision over EtH and the salary of the new management team.

Some of you really are petulant crybabies.
Golden contribution to the thread. If only we were all as level headed and stoic as you. Forgive people for being a little pissed off that we're in this situation after being dreadfully poor for 18 months.

Golden contribution to the thread. If only we were all as level headed and stoic as you. Forgive people for being a little pissed off that we're in this situation after being dreadfully poor for 18 months.

Clearly we aren't allowed to feel that

Too many cooks with the leadership team, I fear. We’ve gone from nothing to having too many to lead effectively and quickly. Just our luck.

They actually kept quiet :lol:

It’s actually a little pathetic to leave fans hanging like this

Ten Hag has turned off his phone, they are trying to get Ashworth to fly over to him, but he is also working on trying to convince Inzaghi to take the job. It's all a bit of a mess.

Ten Hag has turned off his phone, they are trying to get Ashworth to fly over to him, but he is also working on trying to convince Inzaghi to take the job. It's all a bit of a mess.

How I wish this was possible to get him out of Inter