Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guess it’s the Brentford game which will see him sacked then. There gonna look like right mugs if we lose to Brentford and then they sack him when they’ve had 2 full weeks to do so. Costing us more points

I judge the situation as a joke
Good for you !

Who said it bothered me?
My point being that even oppos will be wondering Wtf ineos are doing.
Ok, but I am not sure imagining or bringing up the opposition's reaction, especially as them "piss themselves laughing", contributes in any reasonable way to the discussion. I don't feel like it's just an innocent fact or observation thrown out there, but I may be wrong.

With the exception of not being able to afford sacking him, it’s difficult to justify why he still holds the job.
Possibly, but I am willing to hear their arguments and logic. I don't have all the facts and context that they have access to, so I can't judge their actions without hearing them out first.

They don't need to announce anything if they don't sack the manager. It would be a ridiculous thing to announce in mid-season, "Hear hear everyone, we are not sacking our manager".
So obviously no statement means he's not sacked.
Statements supporting a manager in situations like this happen all the time. Having said that I don't think any of the press know anything yet, the SLT don't seem to have someone leaking to the press.

Guess it’s the Brentford game which will see him sacked then. There gonna look like right mugs if we lose to Brentford and then they sack him when they’ve had 2 full weeks to do so. Costing us more points
We could lose that game 4-0 again and nothing will happen. He’s here for the long haul, results do not matter.

We could lose that game 4-0 again and nothing will happen. He’s here for the long haul, results do not matter.
Bit of an exaggeration. I’d bet my house on him getting sacked if we lost 4-0 at home to Brentford. I see your point though.

Statements supporting a manager in situations like this happen all the time. Having said that I don't think any of the press know anything yet, the SLT don't seem to have someone leaking to the press.
Show me one example of a club making such a statement during a season.

Bit of an exaggeration. I’d bet my house on him getting sacked if we lost 4-0 at home to Brentford. I see your point though.
Not a chance. We are 14th now and still more than happy to retain him. A single game will not change anything. In fact barring relegation battle I don’t see him being sacked until end of season, and I’m not even sure if we sack him at the end of it instead of simply giving him more money to fix things.

We don’t know that yet, Croadyman. Unfortunately we will be the last to know. It’s a process he
If he isn’t sacked this week then they have indeed bottled it. The only reasonable explanation as for them not sacking him yet is hopefully there trying to wrap up a replacement first so we’re not scrambling around.

What a pointless club we've become. From a footballing giant to becoming a complete laughing stock and a sporting meme. To think these idiots consider we're going to mount title challengers by 2028 while we've got ETH in charge. It's genuinely a farce. I'm actually angry at their 'decision'.

CLUB​
G​
W​
D​
L​
GA​
GA​
GD​
PTS​
Manchester City​
20​
16​
4​
0​
55​
16​
39​
52​
Arsenal​
20​
16​
3​
1​
48​
13​
35​
51​
Liverpool​
20​
13​
4​
3​
40​
19​
21​
43​
Chelsea​
20​
12​
6​
2​
51​
30​
21​
42​
Newcastle​
20​
10​
5​
5​
40​
28​
12​
35​
Aston Villa​
20​
9​
6​
5​
36​
37​
-1​
33​
Tottenham​
20​
9​
2​
9​
36​
31​
5​
29​
Fulham​
20​
8​
5​
7​
31​
28​
3​
29​
Crystal Palace​
20​
7​
6​
7​
34​
24​
10​
27​
Bournemouth​
20​
7​
4​
9​
25​
28​
-3​
25​
Brentford​
20​
6​
6​
8​
34​
34​
0​
24​
Manchester Utd​
20​
6​
6​
8​
27​
32​
-5​
24​
West Ham​
20​
6​
6​
8​
34​
41​
-7​
24​
Everton​
20​
6​
5​
9​
20​
33​
-13​
23​
Nottingham Forest​
20​
5​
7​
8​
24​
29​
-5​
22​
Brighton​
20​
5​
7​
8​
20​
32​
-12​
22​
Wolves​
20​
3​
3​
14​
20​
46​
-26​
12​

The results are one thing but one of the main highlights from the interviews with the new setup over the summer both Radcliffe and Wilcox expressed a desire to implement a style of play which as a basic just hasn’t been done

If they sack him now it makes them look like they messed up giving him the extension. It’s sad as feck and will make them look moronic when we drop further points against Brentford.

Not a chance. We are 14th now and still more than happy to retain him. A single game will not change anything. In fact barring relegation battle I don’t see him being sacked until end of season, and I’m not even sure if we sack him at the end of it instead of simply giving him more money to fix things.
We’re 14th but still only 6pts of top 4. A leathering at home against not even one of the top half teams will see him shown the door. The OT crowd won’t stand for it and will put pressure on the owners.

No faith in INEOS if he stays. We can still save our season. The embarrassing thing will be that come January nothing will have changed, likely got worse, and by the time they pull the plug its too late.

That's not a club statement or an announcement, that's Berrada asked about Ten Hag in an interview or panel he was doing anyway, giving a standard answer. A standard answer that club bosses, when faced with the question, might give 2 days before a manager is sacked no less. It wasn't Berrada calling a press conference to tell us he believes in the manager that is in fact our manager.
It's nonsensical for a club to make an announcement confirming the status quo. The status quo is Ten Hag is the manager. A manager under threat, no doubt, but unless he is sacked there is no announcement. Any other announcement makes no sense, especially since they might have to sack him anyway in 3, or 6, or 8 weeks.

If he isn’t sacked this week then they have indeed bottled it. The only reasonable explanation as for them not sacking him yet is hopefully there trying to wrap up a replacement first so we’re not scrambling around.
As I said. We will be the last to know. Other things have to happen first before we are informed. I hope they are terminating him, but I didn’t expect any news tonight.

That's not a club statement or an announcement, that's Berrada asked about Ten Hag in an interview or panel he was doing anyway, giving a standard answer. A standard answer that club bosses, when faced with the question, might give 2 days before a manager is sacked no less. It wasn't Berrada calling a press conference to tell us he believes in the manager that is in fact our manager.
It's nonsensical for a club to make an announcement confirming the status quo. The status quo is Ten Hag is the manager. A manager under threat, no doubt, but unless he is sacked there is no announcement. Any other announcement makes no sense, especially since they might have to sack him anyway in 3, or 6, or 8 weeks.
I said a statement, not a press conference. They're common hence the term vote of confidence.

We’re 14th but still only 6pts of top 4. A leathering at home against not even one of the top half teams will see him shown the door. The OT crowd won’t stand for it and will put pressure on the owners.
We are 6 points behind top 4 because there have only been 21 points to play for. We are closer to relegation than we are to top 4.

I was just thinking this.

Sky headline is essentially reporting that 'United had a meeting and discussed many things'.

Our sources report that a number of individuals at the meeting may have been eating lunch or another type of meal together at some point during the meeting.

As I said. We will be the last to know. Other things have to happen first before we are informed. I hope they are terminating him, but I didn’t expect any news tonight.

Given Ineos want to look more measured than the last lot, I do agree that we'd only find out once they spoke to him and his agent, agreed severance and got all their ducks in order. 100% they won't leak anything as that doesn't seem their style.

However, we're hoping this is all going on whilst they're probably at home doing absolutely nothing, with zero intention of doing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if we got no briefing and Ten Hag just carries on as he is. Business as usual.

I was just thinking this.

Sky headline is essentially reporting that 'United had a meeting and discussed many things'.
This is the SLT making what is probably the biggest decision a club can make and one that will likely be a defining moment in the Ratcliffe era.

The circle that is privy to this meeting is will be so small, the chances of it leaking before we make an announcement is very very unlikely. It’s just not in anyone’s interest to do so.

What an absolute disaster. I have been onboard with Ineos as I think they have made the right moves brining in qualified personnel but to not sack this clown is such a huge blunder. The calls for sacking aren't based on recent form, we have been dreadful all year and things seem to be getting worse despite millions spent and pretty much an injury free squad. We've become a joke among opposition fans and it is pathetic of Ineos to sit on their hands and write off the season. feck off.

I said a statement, not a press conference. They're common hence the term vote of confidence.
Yeah but what happened today is they had a scheduled regular board meeting, and they're not in the habit of telling the press afterwards what went on, and why would they.
Perhaps they don't even feel like giving Ten Hag a public vote of confidence at the moment. He still continues to be the manager without it being given. Until further notice.

I'm all for giving people time, especially new owners who need to evaluate things. But when you buy a business, walk through the front door, and see the manager shitting into his hands and smearing it on the meeting room flipcharts every hour, on the hour... Well, you shouldn't just shrug your shoulders six months later if he's still doing it.

And he can talk it up as much as he wants, tell you it's a process. That's great but I really don't want any process that involves shit, thanks.

But maybe there are other issues at play that are forcing him to shit in his own hands that Ineos need time to evaluate? :confused:

I am as ETH out as anyone but some of the takes in this thread are winding me up a little.

First of all, they decided to keep ETH in the summer .The extension therefore was necessary. No point keeping a lame duck manager. They fully knew the risk of the extension and then having to sack him this season. They did it anyway. Looking 'silly' for backing the manager is not going to be a consideration. If they feel they need to sack him, they will.

Second, the idea that they backed ETH with 'his' players is laughable. Maz is an excellent fullback that most any club in the world would want in their squad. Yoro is a generational defender and suited to modern football tactics no matter the manager. De Ligt has world class potential and despite a slow start to life at OT has still shown his strengths both ends of the pitch and with the ball at his feet. Ugarte is a mobile defensive midfielder suited to numerous tactical set ups. Zirzkee is not an elite finisher, neither was Firminho who I see as a player that played Zirkzee's perfect role, but is mobile, technical, adept at playing numerous positions and most of all presses well and is press-resistant with the ball at his feet. Hold up play is good as well. Room for improvement as well. All of the summer signings are players that any manager we bring in will be excited to work with. It takes time to settle in at a new club, new country, etc etc. Judging players off of 10 matches at a new club is folly.

INEOS are not perfect and not above criticism. I'm sort of desperate at this point to see ETH gone but I support the decision to keep him if that's what INEOS decide. I';ll just continue to hate watching my club for the time being. But to be honest, the PLAYERS are the biggest problem, IMO. And my suspicion, or maybe better put my blindly optimistic hope, is INEOS have sussed out that the squad is the issue and perhaps have decided to stick with ETH until the summer and then weed out the players that are dragging this club down.

Reactions: moses
What a pointless club we've become. From a footballing giant to becoming a complete laughing stock and a sporting meme. To think these idiots consider we're going to mount title challengers by 2028 while we've got ETH in charge. It's genuinely a farce. I'm actually angry at their 'decision'.

CLUB​
G​
W​
D​
L​
GA​
GA​
GD​
PTS​
Manchester City​
20​
16​
4​
0​
55​
16​
39​
52​
Arsenal​
20​
16​
3​
1​
48​
13​
35​
51​
Liverpool​
20​
13​
4​
3​
40​
19​
21​
43​
Chelsea​
20​
12​
6​
2​
51​
30​
21​
42​
Newcastle​
20​
10​
5​
5​
40​
28​
12​
35​
Aston Villa​
20​
9​
6​
5​
36​
37​
-1​
33​
Tottenham​
20​
9​
2​
9​
36​
31​
5​
29​
Fulham​
20​
8​
5​
7​
31​
28​
3​
29​
Crystal Palace​
20​
7​
6​
7​
34​
24​
10​
27​
Bournemouth​
20​
7​
4​
9​
25​
28​
-3​
25​
Brentford​
20​
6​
6​
8​
34​
34​
0​
24​
Manchester Utd​
20​
6​
6​
8​
27​
32​
-5​
24​
West Ham​
20​
6​
6​
8​
34​
41​
-7​
24​
Everton​
20​
6​
5​
9​
20​
33​
-13​
23​
Nottingham Forest​
20​
5​
7​
8​
24​
29​
-5​
22​
Brighton​
20​
5​
7​
8​
20​
32​
-12​
22​
Wolves​
20​
3​
3​
14​
20​
46​
-26​
12​

We might win The Championship by 2028.

But maybe there are other issues at play that are forcing him to shit in his own hands that Ineos need time to evaluate? :confused:
I think we need to give him full season and then bring more executives to conduct a thorough end of year review, taking all facts into consideration.