Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think we need to give him full season and then bring more executives to conduct a thorough end of year review, taking all facts into consideration.

Maybe bring in more executives to evaluate the executives and leave Ten Hag to get on with what he does best?

Whatever that is exactly.

Maybe bring in more executives to evaluate the executives and leave Ten Hag to get on with what he does best?

Whatever that is exactly.

These fecking executives are letting him down?

What is Paul Hirst saying? I can not find anything.

I can’t imagine how anyone could have a meeting and come to the decision to carry on with Ten Hag. I know there aren't many options, but there is one very good one available now. Tuchel would quickly improve us and could win us the Europa League. A contract of just under 3 years, and this first one without a transfer window would let him just get on with coaching this squad.

Keeping Ten Hag is throwing a season away. I wanted it to work out with him, but it can't with the way he sets the team up.

Complete radio silence. If they have decided to sack him, they may not have even told him yet. Usually you'd get Dutch media reporting from his angle. If he is to be sacked, he might be told tomorrow morning before an official announcement.

I can’t imagine how anyone could have a meeting and come to the decision to carry on with Ten Hag. I know there aren't many options, but there is one very good one available now. Tuchel would quickly improve us and could win us the Europa League. A contract of just under 3 years, and this first one without a transfer window would let him just get on with coaching this squad.

Keeping Ten Hag is throwing a season away. I wanted it to work out with him, but it can't with the way he sets the team up.

He's framing it that way but the reality is that he hasn't been told anything one way or the other so he's assuming because there's nothing planned yet

He's framing it that way but the reality is that he hasn't been told anything one way or the other so he's assuming because there's nothing planned yet

Cheers. That worries me a bit because he doesn't have to stick his neck out (even with the ‘seemingly’ caveat).

I am as ETH out as anyone but some of the takes in this thread are winding me up a little.

First of all, they decided to keep ETH in the summer .The extension therefore was necessary. No point keeping a lame duck manager. They fully knew the risk of the extension and then having to sack him this season. They did it anyway. Looking 'silly' for backing the manager is not going to be a consideration. If they feel they need to sack him, they will.

Second, the idea that they backed ETH with 'his' players is laughable. Maz is an excellent fullback that most any club in the world would want in their squad. Yoro is a generational defender and suited to modern football tactics no matter the manager. De Ligt has world class potential and despite a slow start to life at OT has still shown his strengths both ends of the pitch and with the ball at his feet. Ugarte is a mobile defensive midfielder suited to numerous tactical set ups. Zirzkee is not an elite finisher, neither was Firminho who I see as a player that played Zirkzee's perfect role, but is mobile, technical, adept at playing numerous positions and most of all presses well and is press-resistant with the ball at his feet. Hold up play is good as well. Room for improvement as well. All of the summer signings are players that any manager we bring in will be excited to work with. It takes time to settle in at a new club, new country, etc etc. Judging players off of 10 matches at a new club is folly.

INEOS are not perfect and not above criticism. I'm sort of desperate at this point to see ETH gone but I support the decision to keep him if that's what INEOS decide. I';ll just continue to hate watching my club for the time being. But to be honest, the PLAYERS are the biggest problem, IMO. And my suspicion, or maybe better put my blindly optimistic hope, is INEOS have sussed out that the squad is the issue and perhaps have decided to stick with ETH until the summer and then weed out the players that are dragging this club down.
feck the players are the biggest problem. Its practically a new squad which ETH ,and upon recently INEOs, have assembled.
And if the players are the biggest problem, what does that say about the recruitment which ETH is also involved in ?

The biggest problem atm in time is Erik.
He's the one setting the players up to play this oddball set up.

Last edited:
He will stay. We wont sack a manager so early after backing him. And we all deep down know it that he wont be sacked now.

With the exception of not being able to afford sacking him, it’s difficult to justify why he still holds the job.

Possibly, but I am willing to hear their arguments and logic. I don't have all the facts and context that they have access to, so I can't judge their actions without hearing them out first.

They're not gonna give us any arguments or logic.

Good for you !

Ok, but I am not sure imagining or bringing up the opposition's reaction, especially as them "piss themselves laughing", contributes in any reasonable way to the discussion. I don't feel like it's just an innocent fact or observation thrown out there, but I may be wrong.

Possibly, but I am willing to hear their arguments and logic. I don't have all the facts and context that they have access to, so I can't judge their actions without hearing them out first.
Because unlike you most of us are wondering Wtf ineos are waiting for when they've got so much negative data proving he's not good enough. There is no logic to him still being here, absolutely zero.
If you can't understand that having oppos siding with us wondering Wtf ineos are doing is even more damning than actual utd supporters doing it then I can't help you.
End of.

feck the players are the biggest problem. Its practically a new squad which ETH ,and upon recently INEOs, have assembled.
And if the players are the biggest, what does that say about the recruitment which ETH is also involved in ?

100% correct. He has signed most of the first team. Shite at coaching, tactics, ingame management and transfers. No redeeming quality heh.

Complete radio silence. If they have decided to sack him, they may not have even told him yet. Usually you'd get Dutch media reporting from his angle. If he is to be sacked, he might be told tomorrow morning before an official announcement.
He’s going nowhere , he never was . Draw v Porto and a draw V Villa has saved him for another while . There’s no discussion about him leaving to be had.

If they decided to sack him today it's obvious there would not be a club statement until he'd been told........

On the other hand, if they've decided to stay the course with the shiny headed failure and his relegation fodder form, they should at least have had the balls to brief the media this evening about it instead of leaving things in limbo again.

Fecking tedious that Ineos have already twice strung out what should have been a straightforward instant sacking, and we're left hanging off tweets from these idiots in the press, while they fanny around reviewing their reviews and pretending to be competent professionals in their fancy meetings.
They're not going to brief the press on decisions they didn't make. There's nothing to brief. Fans and reporters keep setting these artificial deadlines and expecting the club to abide by them. They're not going to give daily, blow by blow updates on Ten Hag not getting sacked, it would be utterly stupid to.

This has become a scene in The Life Of Brian, where INEOS and the new regime don’t know where they stand.
They are the Ten Hag popular front

They're not going to brief the press on decisions they didn't make. There's nothing to brief. Fans and reporters keep setting these artificial deadlines and expecting the club to abide by them. They're not going to give daily, blow by blow updates on Ten Hag not getting sacked, it would be utterly stupid to.

Nobody is expecting that, they're expecting them to act. There shouldn't even be a need for all of this speculation if they just do what everybody in the entirety of the UK mildly interested in football knows what's required. What's the point in dragging this out another day and allowing more speculation to build and build.

And if the players are the biggest problem, what does that say about the recruitment which ETH is also involved in ?

INEOS has had one window so far. It was a very good window, imo. But that doesn't make up for all of the issues. Some of which that have persisted since before Ole.

I agree that ETH's recruitment hasn't been perfect. Or even all that good, perhaps. But there should be VERY good players in Hojlund, Licha, Onana, even Mount if he could stay healthy. I am not for a moment suggesting the players are the only problem. I am 100% ETH out as I said. But is it the manager's fault that Bruno moans and whines nonstop? Is it the manager's fault that as soon as the other team scores the players pack it in for a quarter of an hour? Is it the manager's fault that Rashford picks and chooses when he wants to defend? On some levels, yes. On other levels, no. It's on the players just as much. It doesn't cost them anything to actually put in a shift yet so few do. And they seem to down tools whenever they decide they don't like the manager. Continually rewarding that behaviour hasn't worked so far.

Reactions: Cheimoon
He won’t be getting sacked. Never was never will:lol: We are absolutely stuck with him.

Never got the impression from this manager that he’s in any sort of danger of getting sacked. His demeanour, the way he spoke about the long term, the process. The fraud was too confident that he isn’t going anywhere.

It's hard to conclude anything other than Ineos aren't serious about making the club competitive again. They are happy for us to finish mid-table so they can save some money.

Forget results and performances, we are now getting false dawns at this club even in sacking this manager. False dawn fc.

I am as ETH out as anyone but some of the takes in this thread are winding me up a little.

First of all, they decided to keep ETH in the summer .The extension therefore was necessary. No point keeping a lame duck manager. They fully knew the risk of the extension and then having to sack him this season. They did it anyway. Looking 'silly' for backing the manager is not going to be a consideration. If they feel they need to sack him, they will.

Second, the idea that they backed ETH with 'his' players is laughable. Maz is an excellent fullback that most any club in the world would want in their squad. Yoro is a generational defender and suited to modern football tactics no matter the manager. De Ligt has world class potential and despite a slow start to life at OT has still shown his strengths both ends of the pitch and with the ball at his feet. Ugarte is a mobile defensive midfielder suited to numerous tactical set ups. Zirzkee is not an elite finisher, neither was Firminho who I see as a player that played Zirkzee's perfect role, but is mobile, technical, adept at playing numerous positions and most of all presses well and is press-resistant with the ball at his feet. Hold up play is good as well. Room for improvement as well. All of the summer signings are players that any manager we bring in will be excited to work with. It takes time to settle in at a new club, new country, etc etc. Judging players off of 10 matches at a new club is folly.

INEOS are not perfect and not above criticism. I'm sort of desperate at this point to see ETH gone but I support the decision to keep him if that's what INEOS decide. I';ll just continue to hate watching my club for the time being. But to be honest, the PLAYERS are the biggest problem, IMO. And my suspicion, or maybe better put my blindly optimistic hope, is INEOS have sussed out that the squad is the issue and perhaps have decided to stick with ETH until the summer and then weed out the players that are dragging this club down.

:lol:

I'm going to guess that INEOS have made the decision to pull the plug and are now working quietly behind the scenes, away from the media & spotlight to agree terms with their preferred replacement.

For info, I really don't think a caretaker appointment is the way to go, the club is in too much of a mess for INEOS to potentially end up back at the negotiating table again in 6 months.

Also, announcing that they've terminated ETHs contract in advance would give Tuchel or any other prospective manager too much of an upper hand in negotiations....- Hoping for some news over the coming days that they've parted ways by mutual consent.