Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's going to sneak a 4th place finish and sign a new contract. 5 years of ten Hag overall.
If Erik Ten Hag comes back from this point to get us top 4, I'll streak through Piccadilly Gardens then get the train down to London and streak through Piccadilly Circus shouting 'Bald is best!'

INEOS are a joke then, thanks for making me want to draw or lose games just so he can leave
Like I said earlier it's Ole 2.0 they'll be hoping the Villa draw and international break turns down the heat but if we lose to Brentford the pressure will become unbearable again.

If Erik Ten Hag comes back from this point to get us top 4, I'll streak through Piccadilly Gardens then get the train down to London and streak through Piccadilly Circus shouting 'Bald is best!'
I don't work far from there, give me a shout if you do it

Like I said earlier it's Ole 2.0 they'll be hoping the Villa draw and international break turns down the heat but if we lose to Brentford the pressure will become unbearable again.

Pathetic mentality, they are losing face

It’s mad they’ve watched his team for the best part of a year struggle week in week out, it’s not a blip in form we’re coming off our worst ever PL finish and getting even worse.

We’ve spent a fortune yet again this summer and he can’t get a single one of them playing well. Our goal difference is yet again in the minus

Thanks for the FA cup the final was an amazing day but Jesus Christ he should have been sacked months ago it’s ridiculous at this point.

I was sure he was getting the sack but it’s starting to look like they’re keeping him on with the silence

Ineos were so inept at their jobs that they couldn't find a single non-Dutch player and went to Ten Hag and asked him to find players to sign. So Ten Hag named a few Dutch players.

I know they'd have got alot hassle, but Ineos would literally have been better just signing Yoro if they didn't have Wilcox in place in time to have proper influence on the summer window.

Ten Hag has proven enough times already that he is a terrible judge, not only is he small minded, he can't even pick the best Dutch/Ervdivsie players available

I bet if we hear he's staying oppo fans will even say Wtf then piss themselves laughing.

It's hard not to react when you're chronically name called for having an opinion and then get posts like that.
You have the ignore function, you can report posts, but if you are part of the back and forths and keeping them going, for whatever unknown reason, you are not helping yourself.

Both "sides" have been warned. There is little to no reason for either to be earning points or thread bans.

The injuries last season are still hard carrying Ten Hag's reputation, that and the FA Cup of course. However, I think most people would have looked at that injury crisis and understood a drop off in results was inevitable. The real issue was just how unbelievably inept his tactical response to injuries was, no defenders, just keep playing wide open giving them no cover, no legs in midfield, ask them to cover massive ground with a style that refused to slow the game down or create any rest periods. You could go on and on about just how pathetic the performance were, they were multitudes worse that the results he somehow got with them.

The injuries are also a great distraction for the fact that initial tactical set up was doomed even before the injuries started to pile up, it was still staggeringly poor with a predictably unworkable Bruno/Mount/Cas midfield. I don't understand how anyone can look at the performances since the league cup final and not have severe reservations about Ten Hag.

Lets be honest as well, even that good half season was a lot of Rashford and Casemiro pulling results out, not really that many convincing performances either.

This club man.

He had a terrible start with zero improvement after a really shitty season. No idea why he is still in charge. There is no bloody way he will improve

If you go back a calendar year and look at the league table from the 8th October 2023 to now we’re 9th. Behind City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs and Bournemouth. Granted we’re only a point behind Bournemouth with a game in hand, so you know, not all bad news Erik.

We’re 35 points off City in top spot. We’re 19 ahead from Forest who are essentially last as the 3 promoted and 3 relegated teams have obviously played fewer games.

This isn’t a blip. That’s 35/36 games. It’s actually amazing he’s lasted this long. How is he still in a job.

If you go back a calendar year and look at the league table from the 8th October 2023 to now we’re 9th. Behind City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs and Bournemouth. Granted we’re only a point behind Bournemouth with a game in hand, so you know, not all bad news Erik.

We’re 35 points off City in top spot. We’re 19 ahead from Forest who are essentially last as the 3 promoted and 3 relegated teams have obviously played fewer games.

This isn’t a blip. That’s 35/36 games. It’s actually amazing he’s lasted this long. How is he still in a job.

Because INEOS care more about admitting mistake

I bet if we hear he's staying oppo fans will even say Wtf then piss themselves laughing.
And that would have bothered us if we were a bunch of eight years old, which we aren't...right ?
What we should be looking and asking for, following a principle of charity, is the reasoning behind whatever decision they make. That's our only way to judge the situation in itself.

And that would have bothered us if we were a bunch of eight years old, which we aren't...right ?
What we should be looking and asking for, following a principle of charity, is the reasoning behind whatever decision they make. That's our only way to judge the situation in itself.

I judge the situation as a joke

Who said it bothered me?
My point being that even oppos will be wondering Wtf ineos are doing.

Don't think we'll hear anything about this. There will be no announcement because they can't really announce that they've decided not to sack the manager.

There'll be silence and then the next game will roll around and Erik will be there, refreshed from his holiday with a new list of excuses.

Because INEOS care more about admitting mistake
I don’t think it’s that. He’s basically played them like amateurs, both now and in the Summer. They couldn’t even get him to sign for another 2-3 years because he wouldn’t give up his veto so instead had to extend him by another year, he has talked them into long term project and has kept on banging about how it will take time and they are all on the same page so they basically have no exit now. I don’t think he will even go after the season, he’s here for the long haul and he will be the one pulling all the strings. It must actually be quite funny to watch how a mediocre coach has played entire hierarchy of a £3bn club, unless you are a fan of that club.

And in some way it’s impressive how with such mediocre results he was able to somehow build up his position to an extent where he is possibly the safest coach in the entire league. His future is completely detached from results, he can feel safe even when we are doing poorly and is not afraid to demonstrate how confident of that he is. He’s basically turned us into Ten Hag FC despite achieving virtually nothing.

Watch him teach them a lesson with Ugarte too now, a player they brought against his wishes who is probably going to be glued to the bench after poor performance. That will teach them to not buy him players he doesn’t want in the future.

Last edited:
Bet they don't want to admit they made a massive cock up by keeping him in tne summer

It's all just so demoralising

I'd be SLIGHTLY more open to more of him if we were at least playing gripping end to end football and losing 4-3, but no we play HORRIBLE insipid, slow, zombie football, can't even pass the ball and it's no longer a case of "can Manchester United score they always score" more will Manchester United miss, they always miss

The football bores me to tears, the caf is more entertaining during games at this point, wins feel like poisoned chalices as it gives them ammunition to keep him, we've become a laughing stock

I thought Ineos actually had ambition, I could maybe understand if they wanted to sort the structure first but that's done so what on earth are they waiting for - relegation??

No wonder he's so stubborn, he's putting in bad result after bad result where multiple other clubs would have binned him long ago, but he clearly is able to think its working as he's still in a job

With the exception of not being able to afford sacking him, it’s difficult to justify why he still holds the job.

Surely no statement makes it more likely that we're sacking him than not? We'd have lawyers doing their thing and contacting ETH before we release a statement sometime tomorrow. The alternative could be announced straight away.

Hirst reporting he is staying. Even Woodward and the Glazers knew when to stop beating a dead horse.

We're all royally pissed, but yes maybe the fans who have been royally pissed off for over a year or longer are in an even worse state at this point. My honest opinion is there is absolutely nothing rational about this situation. Any ownership that comes into a club like United and even glances at the statistics, performances and results which led to us finishing 8th, and bottom of our CL group would not require wherever review/assessment they carried out. To then be pressured by fans after winning a domestic cup, against a side we are massive underdogs against, and would have won four out of five times had the final been played again, is just beyond incompetent. This is before the fact that we've undergone multiple embarrassments this season and he's still surviving on.
It’s kind of conflicting viewpoints from many on the Caf to be honest.

Some are saying that it’s too fast to draw any conclusions. INEOS just got control over football operations, the new hires need time to bed in. They need time to evaluate the situation.

Yet, INEOS wasted zero time in making a 20% of the staff redundant. Where was the careful evaluation at that time?

Bungled the summer review, taking too long, sounding out other candidates, and finally, keeping a man who is woefully inept at his job. Not only that, extending his contract by another year. Madness.

“Backing” the manager to well over £200m, yet somehow failing to bring in a LB, buying a RB (Dutch and a former ETH player mind you), and spending 35m on another Dutch player, a “sort of” striker who doesn’t score, failing to get a 20+ goal scorer that we desperately need.

Finally, as results and performances continue to tank, not making a statement by saying, “Look Erik, it’s been two and a half years. We’ve now spent 600m on a new squad that we’re all either suggested by you, or signed off by you. 14th in the league isn’t good enough. 1 win in 10 in European matches isn’t good enough. Thanks for the two domestic cups, but you’ve been given enough time and money to do much, much better. Clean out your desk. Better yet, we’ll pack up your shit, and ship it to you on your holiday. Don’t come back.”

People laughed at me at the time when I said INEOS is acting like Glazers 2.0… yet here we are. Reluctant to pay him off and bring a better manager in (hopefully).

Sad.

Surely no statement makes it more likely that we're sacking him than not? We'd have lawyers doing their thing and contacting ETH before we release a statement sometime tomorrow. The alternative could be announced straight away.
They don't need to announce anything if they don't sack the manager. It would be a ridiculous thing to announce in mid-season, "Hear hear everyone, we are not sacking our manager".
So obviously no statement means he's not sacked.