Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm all for giving people time, especially new owners who need to evaluate things. But when you buy a business, walk through the front door, and see the manager shitting into his hands and smearing it on the meeting room flipcharts every hour, on the hour... Well, you shouldn't just shrug your shoulders six months later if he's still doing it.
They need to blrlrlrlrlr him.

Which is truly bizarre, considering how consistently pathetic we are on the pitch. Maybe it's like the performance raising Liverpool did against SAF's United.
We weren't the better team in 2023. We had a few decent chances at the death. We were lucky to even get back into the game. A generous penalty was awarded to us.

We played well in the final in May. Rode our luck at times, but generally defended well. Clinical as well.

The Community Shield is a glorified friendly. Pep treats it as a fitness exercise. They had the likes of O'Reilly, McAtee and Bobb starting. They lost their previous 3 CS's in a row.

Athletic wrote that he was a leading voice in recruitment again this summer
Most tier one sources have had a deep dive I'm sure. None suggest he's spearheaded it, feel free to share your article and we can consider the other bits too.

But Yorro and Ugarte don't sound like Ten Hag pursuits and De Ligt was name dropped as an INEOS Suggestion (ironically). Zirkzee fits that Ashworth mould of young talent with high potential at decent value.

EDIT - pulled one article and it certainly wasn't Ten Hag spearheading it. For example Ugarte:

Ugarte was always at the top of United’s list of targets and had admirers in the club’s newly-formed recruitment structure, particularly technical director Jason Wilcox. Support for the signing was not initially unanimous, however. Ten Hag was cooler on Ugarte, partly because his arrival was always likely to necessitate the sale of Scott McTominay.

Surely the links he has with previous players have always suggested this was the case?

Maybe Yoro was a board decision but not many of them I would guess.
Yoro and Ugarte are two INEOS signings. I think I remember it was Berrada who was heavily involved in the Yoro deal.

The rest are up for debate. I think it's pretty obvious that Mazraoui and de Ligt are players ten Hag was happy to sign.

Yoro and Ugarte are two INEOS signings. I think I remember it was Berrada who was heavily involved in the Yoro deal.

The rest are up for debate. I think it's pretty obvious that Mazraoui and de Ligt are players ten Hag was happy to sign.
De Ligt is an INEOS signing. Ten Hag said this when he joined.

We weren't the better team in 2023. We had a few decent chances at the death. We were lucky to even get back into the game. A generous penalty was awarded to us.

We played well in the final in May. Rode our luck at times, but generally defended well. Clinical as well.

The Community Shield is a glorified friendly. Pep treats it as a fitness exercise. They had the likes of O'Reilly, McAtee and Bobb starting. They lost their previous 3 CS's in a row.
Are you a cheaty fan? We had better xG in all three games as well.

I don't know how anyone can think Ten Hag didn't have a massive say in the majority transfers again this summer when we signed 2 Dutch players, and one ex player.

You dont agree that he had issues with Ronaldo and Sancho to deal with, that we had unprecedented injuries last season, that Ole had 40 more games with zero trophies or that it took City 3 years to even win the FA Cup?
Don't forget that Fergie got time too. :lol:

What the feck were they talking about all day and how hasn’t it resulted in his immediate dismissal?

Suit #1: “The stats are damning and it’s another diabolical start under his guidance.”

Suit #2: “That’s all well and good, but have you seen Paul Merson on Strictly? It’s some laugh.”

Watch this space when we are sitting there next Summer, all happy with 9th place finish that Erik has led us to on top of getting to League Cup final and only narrowly losing to Liverpool, reviewing Brobbey, Neres and Tagliafico signings.
ninth is honestly optimistic when you take into account the underlying stats for the last 18 months.

Are you a cheaty fan? We had better xG in all three games as well.
I don't judge football purely based on xG.

The penalty accounts for 0.79 of the overall xG. Like I said, we had few decent chances at the death. McTominay and Varane.

Also, using words like cheaty is childish. It's like when someone calls us Manure or Rags. Maybe I would have bought into that type of nonsense as teenager, but it's a bit silly for fully grown men to carry on like that.

If doing alright against City was the criteria for a good manager, we might as well have kept Ole.

ninth is honestly optimistic when you take into account the underlying stats for the last 18 months.
Does it even matter? I don’t think we care about results anymore. I don’t even know what is it that we care about but certainly not winning games or being competitive. I honestly can’t care less whether we finish 8th or 12th, it’s embarrassing either way. He simply doesn’t have it in him to have us in a better position and our owners seem genuinely okay with that too.

What do we think will make the fans at OT properly turn?

They've been loyal, almost too loyal, so far but is there going to be a result that truly lights the touch paper?
You'd think after two back to back batterings of 3-0 at home on a managers third season with 600m spent, that it would have happened then

You must give credit to Ineos for one thing. Under Ed and Arnold, tweets about meeting and decision would be all over internet already.

Does it even matter? I don’t think we care about results anymore. I don’t even know what is it that we care about but certainly not winning games or being competitive. I honestly can’t care less whether we finish 8th or 12th, it’s embarrassing either way. He simply doesn’t have it in him to have us in a better position and our owners seem genuinely okay with that too.
He's going to sneak a 4th place finish and sign a new contract. 5 years of ten Hag overall.

It's gotten to the point where even opposition fans are pissed off that some people are deluded enough to think he deserves more time

Against the grain Im going to say back the manager. Ole had 40 more games and no trophies. ETH had issues to deal with in his first season with regards to Ronaldo and last seasons injuries were unprecedented. Its almost like it does actually take time to fix something that is broken. It took City three years from becoming Oil State owned to win an FA Cup.

Perhaps ETH isnt the man but two years in after what last season was a ridiculous set of injuries, and another trophy and for me he deserves the season, or a large chunk of it to put the peices in place that we have. Would also be ridiculous planning from Ineos. If they sack him now they should have sacked him in May.
Hi Erik!

Is it still possible he’s gone before our next game? Please?
I can’t watch any more of this!

Watch this space when we are sitting there next Summer, all happy with 9th place finish that Erik has led us to on top of getting to League Cup final and only narrowly losing to Liverpool, reviewing Brobbey, Neres and Tagliafico signings.

In fairness, we failed Erik by not signing Brobbey. He would’ve unlocked everyone, including the canteen staff and the ballboys.

7 games before next International break: Brentford (H) in league, Fenerbahce (A), West Ham (A) in league, Leicester (H) in Carabao Cup, Chelsea (H) in league, PAOK (H), Leicester (H) in league.

Think with ten Hag in charge we'll only win few of these. Leicester in cup and league should/could both be wins, same for PAOK in Europa. However, don't think we'll win any of other games - Brentford, Fenerbahce, West Ham and Chelsea could all be draws and defeats. Brentford were beating us last season until McTominay turned it around, West Ham beat us in London both times since ten Hag came in and Chelsea are better now and could easily beat us at Old Trafford. Fenerbahce away will be another Copenhagen/Galatasaray/Porto.

He probably get more time to turn things , thats what the muppetiers saying in the latest video.

I'm all for giving people time, especially new owners who need to evaluate things. But when you buy a business, walk through the front door, and see the manager shitting into his hands and smearing it on the meeting room flipcharts every hour, on the hour... Well, you shouldn't just shrug your shoulders six months later if he's still doing it.

And he can talk it up as much as he wants, tell you it's a process. That's great but I really don't want any process that involves shit, thanks.
:lol:

I don't know how anyone can think Ten Hag didn't have a massive say in the majority transfers again this summer when we signed 2 Dutch players, and one ex player.
Ineos were so inept at their jobs that they couldn't find a single non-Dutch player and went to Ten Hag and asked him to find players to sign. So Ten Hag named a few Dutch players.

You must give credit to Ineos for one thing. Under Ed and Arnold, tweets about meeting and decision would be all over internet already.
If he was getting sacked there would be buzz about it. It's quiet because they've decided to stick with him.

Can't help but feel like we wake up tomorrow morning and see a flurry of briefed stories that ETH has the backing of the club

And he can talk it up as much as he wants, tell you it's a process. That's great but I really don't want any process that involves shit, thanks.
:lol::lol: couldn't have said it better. Genuinely don't know what reality we're living in right now