Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
About improving the attack, he actually said "the players do well" and "we won last season, maybe you forgot"
He actually is deluded, isn't he.

Why don’t these journalists ever ask him what the feck “the plan” actually is?
I asked that too.

He's so predictable that I can probably guess what his answer would be. Something like "The plan is to stick together and to focus on the objective of this club"

Although I dont like his pressers in the last 6 months, the way he is speaking and just pure bullsh**, he isn't lying here is he?

The noise is all coming from the media pushing the agenda about his job, internally he is not under the same pressue?

Look at the board meeting United had, journalists were in attendance and they were going on about as if its a Ten Hag review meeting.

We didn't see this level of scrutiny for Chelsea managers in the last 2 years.

It’s his performance as manager that is causing the pressure, I don’t think it is really an agenda from the press when he is doing such a bad job. He’d have been sacked a lot of other clubs so media are just acting as you would expect.

We have no real idea of how much pressure he is under and managers often don’t really know how close they are to being sacked until it actually happens. Despite his comments I am sure he isn’t really naive enough to actually believe his job is that secure.

His press conferences are almost darkly comical at this point. I don't think I've ever seen such a petty "top level" manager before.

His accent comically turning ordinary words such as "shared" and "third" into sounding like swear words.

Let's hope that we are indeed "entering the final "turd"", and ten Hag will soon be gone.

Last edited:
The mess they have made of the managerial situation feels like they just tried to postpone the decision for a year which is concerning.

How about getting a new manager when we're not really set up well to select someone, which was the case in the summer, then needing to make another managerial change?

The way I see it, it's better to wait, let the new guys sit in their desks for a while and then make a better decision rather than bring someone in for the sake of it.

About improving the attack, he actually said "the players do well" and "we won last season, maybe you forgot"
He actually is deluded, isn't he.
From his point of view last season was an immense success. We just need to accept that he’s genuinely happy with that and we are more than happy with him.

How about getting a new manager when we're not really set up well to select someone, which was the case in the summer, then needing to make another managerial change?

The way I see it, it's better to wait, let the new guys sit in their desks for a while and then make a better decision rather than bring someone in for the sake of it.

There is rarely an idea time or scenario to select a manager, they made a mess of it and are now paying the price.

If anything we kept our manager for the sake of it, bringing in someone else would not have been for the sake of it. They chose to go with a manager who was very likely to be favourite for the sack very quickly and who has little credit with players, fans and media.

INEOS could start from scratch, ETH couldn’t and when he almost inevitably carried on as usual it’s straight into a crisis that was as predictable as it was avoidable.

They made a big mistake in the summer, now they need to own the responsibility and consequences of it. Mistakes are going to be made but it’s about getting enough right and correcting mistakes quickly.

Last edited:
The most nauseating thing about these quotes is that I can actually believe that it really is quiet inside the club and he really is safe. Followed closely by how arrogant this fraud is
What I’ve been saying for a long time. He’s got one of the safest jobs in the league and we are happy with him.

I seriously hate him! He's taking the piss out of everyone!
I've thought some of our previous managers needed to go before, but never disliked any of them the way I dislike this guy. You can see the arrogance in him.

£600m on 21 players, many Dutch and/or handpicked by EtH equals an all in.
They can't sack him now.

Although I dont like his pressers in the last 6 months, the way he is speaking and just pure bullsh**, he isn't lying here is he?

The noise is all coming from the media pushing the agenda about his job, internally he is not under the same pressue?

Look at the board meeting United had, journalists were in attendance and they were going on about as if its a Ten Hag review meeting.

We didn't see this level of scrutiny for Chelsea managers in the last 2 years.

The media couldn't print speculation about his job if his team weren't in relegation form. They haven't just made everything up out of this air, whether or not they've told him figures at the club will be thinking about changing manager.

The media couldn't print speculation about his job if his team weren't in relegation form. They haven't just made everything up out of this air, whether or not they've told him figures at the club will be thinking about changing manager.
He could actually have been a bit humble and say that he understands that there is speculation about his job with the current form.

These conferences make me chuckle.

The ‘big’ football ‘journalists’ asking Erik bland, non-specific, questions that allow to respond in a very bland, non-specific, way.

Must be a great way to make a living!

He could actually have been a bit humble and say that he understands that there is speculation about his job with the current form
He could also have gone on the offensive and asked the journalists if they think they’re doing such a great job!

He could also have gone on the offensive and asked the journalists if they think they’re doing such a great job!
In my opinion, he should have stood up and thrown his shoe at the reporter and then shown 2 fingers, representing the 2 big trophies we've won under his management, while yelling "respect!".

You think they're saving the goodies for the post-match presser or will we hear "we need to keep working hard".
I believe he does think that draws are good, but still can't understand the league position.

That's the cool part, there isn't one

That's the cool part, there isn't one
You mean after all these signings and games and all this talk of a plan there is isn’t an actual plan.
He may not be a football manager to the standard we demand but my god which his rhetoric he’ll make a damn fine politician.

Score predictions for tomorrow say most people think we'll get the job done. Definite divide there between the views of the majority and the tunnel-visioned pessimism that threads like this cultivate.

Always hilarious to see people whine about media negativity. You want less negativity? Then start winning games.

Score predictions for tomorrow say most people think we'll get the job done. Definite divide there between the views of the majority and the tunnel-visioned pessimism that threads like this cultivate.
What you drinking? Come on you’re on the Toilet Duck again aren’t you? :)

He said that last season was successful. What happened to standards?

If Real Madrid got 8 place and won Copa del Rey, would that be successful?