Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
No news from Carrington, only a handful of players turned in today as it is an international break Eth is now on holiday and today's meeting was never about ETH but obviously it will have been discussed, Players and staff don't want him to return from holiday

He's had a long season so far. Glad to hear you all want him to have a well deserved break.

We can’t honestly be thinking of keeping him a single more game surely? We can‘t be THAT badly run. We are already a meme club but this would take it to new heights

We have an ambitious new board, they want to win the Championship by 2028 ! That’s why they are keeping the guy.

Against the grain Im going to say back the manager. Ole had 40 more games and no trophies. ETH had issues to deal with in his first season with regards to Ronaldo and last seasons injuries were unprecedented. Its almost like it does actually take time to fix something that is broken. It took City three years from becoming Oil State owned to win an FA Cup.

Perhaps ETH isnt the man but two years in after what last season was a ridiculous set of injuries, and another trophy and for me he deserves the season, or a large chunk of it to put the peices in place that we have. Would also be ridiculous planning from Ineos. If they sack him now they should have sacked him in May.

If ETH isn't sacked over the International break, do you actually think the club is serious about the football side anymore? It's a genuine question.
Of course I do. Doesn’t mean that i agree with their decision. But it’s their opinion and their right to have a (wrong) opinion.
Saying that the club isn’t serious is a bit knee jerk to say the least

By keeping the fans in the dark over the future of our failing manager feels like the board putting up two fingers to the suppoerters.

Of course I do. Doesn’t mean that i agree with their decision. But it’s their opinion and their right to have a (wrong) opinion.
Saying that the club isn’t serious is a bit knee jerk to say the least

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. If a manager who's sunk this low, and brought a club this low with him can survive the results and performances that he's dished up this season, we're not a serious club on the football pitch anymore. Commercially we're relevant, but on the pitch I just can't see how it matters anymore. You can see it in the fans faces every time we're beat at Old Trafford without a wimper, it's just becoming expected.

Any chance they’ll dismiss ETH when he gets back of holiday? Meanwhile they could be talking to potential replacements so it’s a straight sack and then someone coming in straight away?… seems pointless I know as they should have sacked before he went away.

It doesn’t really help when you’ve got people like Peter schmeichel urging the club to stick with ETH and let him have a fair crack at it. Mate where have you been for the past 2 and a half years?

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. If a manager who's sunk this low, and brought a club this low with him can survive the results and performances that he's dished up this season, we're not a serious club on the football pitch anymore. Commercially we're relevant, but on the pitch I just can't see how it matters anymore. You can see it in the fans faces every time we're beat at Old Trafford without a wimper, it's just becoming expected.
Don’t be silly

Against the grain Im going to say back the manager. Ole had 40 more games and no trophies. ETH had issues to deal with in his first season with regards to Ronaldo and last seasons injuries were unprecedented. Its almost like it does actually take time to fix something that is broken. It took City three years from becoming Oil State owned to win an FA Cup.

Perhaps ETH isnt the man but two years in after what last season was a ridiculous set of injuries, and another trophy and for me he deserves the season, or a large chunk of it to put the peices in place that we have. Would also be ridiculous planning from Ineos. If they sack him now they should have sacked him in May.
The only part I agree with here is that they should have sacked him in May.

We can’t honestly be thinking of keeping him a single more game surely? We can‘t be THAT badly run. We are already a meme club but this would take it to new heights
The Club is a shambles. All the new Backroom staff and still the same problems.
He should have gone after the FA Cup Final regardless of the result.
7 games into this season nothing has improved or shows signs of improvement, this season is a right off already!

The only part I agree with here is that they should have sacked him in May.
You dont agree that he had issues with Ronaldo and Sancho to deal with, that we had unprecedented injuries last season, that Ole had 40 more games with zero trophies or that it took City 3 years to even win the FA Cup?

The past eleven years should tell you I'm not being silly at all. Time and time again the club are self sabotaging season, after season with the fans crying out for them to act before the season is out of reach.
But these guys have barely been here some months?

It doesn’t really help when you’ve got people like Peter schmeichel urging the club to stick with ETH and let him have a fair crack at it. Mate where have you been for the past 2 and a half years?

Our ex players are a problem, as much as I love them. Him, Evra, Neville all say the same thing for every manager. Berbatov was the voice of reason at least on sky the other day, when the pundits were trying to paint our preformance as some sort of miracle and he said the standards are in the gutter basically, and that the game was boring and we were negative.

Having watched him as a pundit several times, he is the last person we should listen to. Completely deluded.

Yet it's the same theme. Maybe the people who were saying that INEOS won't have as much control or say over the footballing side as we think, were right.

It's all very grim. A zombie state of the not quite dead yet relationship.

Henry Winter summed it up with his line about how INEOS and ETH have long since lost any love for each other and how growing disaffection on systems, transfer dealings, tactics and leadership, means we've drifted apart and are just going through the motions. Barely tolerating each other but unable to do the right thing and end it.

I was one of those who thought ETH had the potential to be a good appointment, who would finally help us turn the page on a string of mistakes. An in-demand coach, ready to move to the next level and progress us in the right direction. I wanted him backed and thought he should get time. All the more after the first 6-8 months.

Even during last season, I thought we should show patience and create some stability, recognising how badly we'd been hit with injuries.

I was wrong of course. And I think INEOS got it wrong. He should have been fired after the FA Cup Final, leaving him to leave on a high and the club to find a replacement who could take forward the re-set.

It's been obvious for a long time that he's out of his depth and that what worked for him in the Eredivisie couldn't be replicated here. Some of that's about players (which, in part, he seems to have recognised), some of it's personalties (where it's not hard to see the impact of player power), some of it's his personality (he isn't a good leader), and some of it's dysfunction in what he inherited from the club's executive (just to pick 3, Antony, Mount and Casemiro were all terrible recruits but the club are all also complicit: a well-run operation doesn't do any of these deals) but most of it is on him.

He's failed to develop any sort of cohesive, progressive, approach, where we start to control games, stop getting over-run in midfield and begin to score more goals. That's the most basic requirement and he hasn't managed it.

Of course, he is going because it's irretrievable. The club know that and it's all about when he goes, how it happens and who replaces him. What a mess.

His compatriots are much more honest

Yet it's the same theme. Maybe the people who were saying that INEOS won't have as much control or say over the footballing side as we think, were right.
I don't think its the same theme. I get you are royally pissed off at the situation but it appears as though you might be at a level where there is no rational thought behind keeping him that you'd respect the opinion of. That in itself might be a problem - and I don't really blame you for it because it's been poor for a prolonged period.

But from the eyes of INEOS they are trying to work out where the root cause of the issues are, and unlike us they see the trainings, they are close to the players and the coaching staff. They have appointed personnel with pedigree to do so. Could it be so implausible that the root of key problems we currently face is not managerial? Melissa Reddy has hinted strongly this to be the case, which would be consistent with the decision not to sack him if that's where their stance is.

I’m hearing that they sacked him and then immediately panic hired him again when Tommy Tuchel didn’t answer within two rings.

You could be here for a week and that would be enough for any competent person to realise that continuing with ETH is nothing short of self-sabotage.