Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there was no possibility of sacking him, the club would have categorically shut down the rumours over the last couple of days, rather than having reporters waiting outside their office to conclude their meeting.

If the result of the meeting concluded that Ten Hag stays, you'd expect they would want the message out to the journos quickly rather than allowing them to speculate for the rest of the week.

So, to me, no news is good news. It could mean they're going to try sound out other managers over the next day to see who is likely available before they pull the trigger, it could mean they want to speak to Ten Hag before the news gets out.

Gut feeling is still that he's gone this week.
We thought the same after the FA-cup final just to find they're going to take two weeks to announce that nothings changed

Hope it's not true that he stays. Before the meeting, I assumed that they had concluded that he was finished. I have big questions if they are the right guys to own this club, based on ther descisions.

Are you all really going wild because you expected Sir Jim Ratcliffe to immediately appear outside on a podium and formally announce Ten Hag had been relieved of his duties, whilst flanked by Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox?

Some of you need to a) understand that’s not how these things work and b) get a fecking grip

Whenever he is sacked, whether he has been, tomorrow, next week, in a couple of months, its another sad ending to what once filled us all with hope.

ETH has got us two trophies, can't take that away from him.

It seems like the job is a bit the Defence Against The Dark Arts in Harry Potter, nobody can keep the job longer than a year.

People, don’t spam the thread with random nobodies giving their verdict in tweet form.

Posts quoting nonsense tweet removed.

We thought the same after the FA-cup final just to find they're going to take two weeks to announce that nothings changed
That was a very odd scenario where we were looking for a replacement but somehow ended up not liking any of the managers we spoke to enough to make a change.

I still don't understand what happened there really.

Ultimately, he can't keep surviving those scenarios where he's right on the edge of the sack, when he survived by a whisker once already.

Bring back Woodward.

On the serious note, can you imagine how bad it'll be if they actually get their man and he turns out as bad, if not worse than ETH. The time he'll get based on how they've handled this will be monumental. The bar can obviously sink very low without immediate action. Even though INEOS haven't even been in charge for long, they've had more than one chance to sack him and have hesitated.

Sorry if I’m annoying you mate. I’m just frustrated to feck with it all
I just think it’s daft. We’re going to get an announcement either way.

We’re a huge corporation and sacking your first team manager has financial implications which will need to be ironed out. Then there’s communication with the manager you’re sacking which needs to be handled with dignity first.

Just wait for a bit, it’s an international break there’s really no urgent rush.

That was a very odd scenario where we were looking for a replacement but somehow ended up not liking any of the managers we spoke to enough to make a change.

I still don't understand what happened there really.

Ultimately, he can't keep surviving those scenarios where he's right on the edge of the sack, when he survived by a whisker once already.

Boardroom politics probably. Administration was set, exploring new options, but the decision makers wouldn't rubber stamp their decision and kept him anyway, forcing them to backtrack.

If ETH does stay on then I think it says that INEOS clearly have a number one target who they're unable to get at this time but one they're more than confident of getting in the summer.
Writing the season off for a mythical target next summer would be stupidity. They interviewed the managers they liked in the summer.

The only reason they've got not to sack him is they don't like the cost of it.

No news from Carrington, only a handful of players turned in today as it is an international break Eth is now on holiday and today's meeting was never about ETH but obviously it will have been discussed, Players and staff don't want him to return from holiday
Why don’t they want him to return?

Tell us all…

Just finished my dinner and he’s still here. Well not here, but on a beach somewhere without a care in the world.
He knows he’s safe. He must have been telling the truth when he said he spoke to them after the villa game

In Erik’s first season we lost:

2-1 v Brighton (h)
4-0 v Brentford (a)
6-3 v City (a)
3-1 v Villa (a)
3-2 v Arsenal (a)

Prior to winning the EFL Cup on 26 Feb. During that time we also beat City, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool at home and drew with Chelsea and Newcastle.

After 26th Feb 2023, and a 2-0 League cup final win over Newcastle we then lost:

7-0 v Liverpool (a)
2-0 v Newcastle (a)
1-0 v Brighton (a)
1-0 v West Ham (a)

And ended up finishing 3rd in the table. There was a noticeable downturn in performances in the second half of the season that people put down to fatigue.

Then we move on to last season, and I will include CL matches now too. During the season we lost:

0-2 v Spurs (a) PL
1-3 v Arsenal (a) PL
1-3 v Brighton (h) PL
0-1 v Palace (h) PL
0-3 v City (h) PL
0-3 v Newcastle (h) EFL Cup
0-1 v Newcastle (a) PL
0-3 v Bournemouth (h) PL
0-2 v West Ham (a) PL
3-4 v Bayern (a) CL
2-3 v Galatasaray (h) CL
3-4 v Copenhagen (a) CL
0-1 v Bayern (h) CL

13 losses by Christmas. 4 of 6 games lost in our CL group, one win vs Copenhagen, and a 3-3 draw vs Galatasaray. We finished bottom of our group and out of Europe. We also already had 8 league losses by Dec. 25th conceding 18 goals in the process. We conceded 15 goals in 6 games in a CL group with 4 games against Copenhagen and Galatasaray. Truly biblically awful stuff.

Never fear, there was still the post Christmas run to turn things around:

1-2 v Forest (a) PL
1-2 v Fulham (h) PL
1-3 v City (a) PL
3-4 v Chelsea (a) PL
0-4 v Palace (a) PL
0-1 v Arsenal (h) PL

Oh. Another 6 PL losses. 8th in the league. 14 losses. A negative 1 goal difference. We scored 3 less goals than West Ham, who sacked their manager for not being entertaining enough. But……we won the FA Cup.

So far this season, our home form reads:

1-0 v Fulham (PL)
0-3 v Liverpool (PL)
1-1 v Twente (EL)
0-3 vs Spurs (PL)

And away:

1-2 v Brighton (PL)
3-0 v Southampton (PL)
0-0 v Palace (PL)
3-3 v Porto (EL)
0-0 v Villa (PL)

I haven’t even bothered getting into draws etc for previous seasons, but just across the first two seasons, there are so many hefty beatings, and so many games where we have haemorrhaged goals, it’s truly fecking remarkable that this man is in a job. It also shows that the longer he has been in charge, the worse we have steadily gotten. Our best period under him was the first 6 months, and it’s been a sharp decline, never ending, since.

Look at that list of results and tell me which level of club it best represents. I’d say someone like Bournemouth, but can’t because in there is a 3-0 hiding at home from….you guessed it….Bournemouth.

His position is untenable and it has been for ages. These results, just the results, not even the eye test, show a team that has no tactical structure at all. No significant goal scoring threat, and zero defensive solidity. This is also during a period in which 600m has been spent on players.

It is…..unbelievable.

No news from Carrington, only a handful of players turned in today as it is an international break Eth is now on holiday and today's meeting was never about ETH but obviously it will have been discussed, Players and staff don't want him to return from holiday
Source?

I don’t know how anyone can think he’s what we need at this point. The club got it wrong, we as fans got it wrong, it’s alright to admit a mistake. He’s simply not the guy.
Hey, don't tar everyone with the same brush. Some of us wanted him out a long time ago!

Writing the season off for a mythical target next summer would be stupidity. They interviewed the managers they liked in the summer.

The only reason they've got not to sack him is they don't like the cost of it.
The cost thing doesn't make any sense either considering we stand to lose a lot more by not making top 4/5.

I actually think there's a couple of key decision makers in this new set-up that are still against sacking him. That's the only explanation left, really. I doubt it's all of them, but this is the only thing that makes sense.

What do we think it would take to make OT truly turn?

The fans come across as so loyal, almost too loyal. We need the white hankies

Wouldn't mind betting they're thinking we stuck with the fans decision in the summer as they wanted him to stay and OT still sounds great so just as well we're keeping him on

Can only hope the silence is because he's gone and they need to inform him and prepare a contract with his replacement (that had better not be Southgate)

Can only hope if they were backing him they'd immediately want to quash the media storm that's whipped up and would have said... probably wishful thinking...

Ps - if he is sacked hope he gets a new job quickly and continues his philosophy of signing ex players, can we give him Antony as a leaving gift?

2-1 v Brighton (h)
4-0 v Brentford (a)
6-3 v City (a)
3-1 v Villa (a)
3-2 v Arsenal (a)

Prior to winning the EFL Cup on 26 Feb. During that time we also beat City, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool at home and drew with Chelsea and Newcastle.

After 26th Feb 2023, and a 2-0 League cup final win over Newcastle we then lost:

7-0 v Liverpool (a)
2-0 v Newcastle (a)
1-0 v Brighton (a)
1-0 v West Ham (a)

And ended up finishing 3rd in the table. There was a noticeable downturn in performances in the second half of the season that people put down to fatigue.

Then we move on to last season, and I will include CL matches now too. During the season we lost:

0-2 v Spurs (a) PL
1-3 v Arsenal (a) PL
1-3 v Brighton (h) PL
0-1 v Palace (h) PL
0-3 v City (h) PL
0-1 v Newcastle (a) PL
0-3 v Bournemouth (h) PL
0-2 v West Ham (a) PL
3-4 v Bayern (a) CL
2-3 v Galatasaray (h) CL
3-4 v Copenhagen (a) CL
0-1 v Bayern (h) CL

13 losses by Christmas. 4 of 6 games lost in our CL group, one win vs Copenhagen, and a 3-3 draw vs Galatasaray. We finished bottom of our group and out of Europe. We also already had 8 league losses by Dec. 25th conceding 18 goals in the process. We conceded 15 goals in 6 games in a CL group with 4 games against Copenhagen and Galatasaray. Truly biblically awful stuff.

1-2 v Forest (a) PL
1-2 v Fulham (h) PL
1-3 v City (a) PL
3-4 v Chelsea (a) PL
0-4 v Palace (a) PL
0-1 v Arsenal (h) PL

Oh. Another 6 PL losses. 8th in the league. 14 losses. A negative 1 goal difference. We scored 3 less goals than West Ham, who sacked their manager for not being entertaining enough. But……we won the FA Cup.

1-0 v Fulham (PL)
0-3 v Liverpool (PL)
1-1 v Twente (EL)
0-3 vs Spurs (PL)

And away:

1-2 v Brighton (PL)
3-0 v Southampton (PL)
0-0 v Palace (PL)
3-3 v Porto (EL)
0-0 v Villa (PL)

I haven’t even bothered getting into draws etc for previous seasons, but just across the first two seasons, there are so many hefty beatings, and so many games where we have haemorrhaged goals, it’s truly fecking remarkable that this man is in a job. It also shows that the longer he has been in charge, the worse we have steadily gotten. Our best period under him was the first 6 months, and it’s been a sharp decline, never ending, since.

Look at that list of results and tell me which level of club it best represents. I’d say someone like Bournemouth, but can’t because in there is a 3-0 hiding at home from….you guessed it….Bournemouth.

His position is untenable and it has been for ages. These results, just the results, not even the eye test, show a team that has no tactical structure at all. No significant goal scoring threat, and zero defensive solidity. This is also during a period in which 600m has been spent on players.

It is…..unbelievable.
Good summary, it's really concerning ineos couldn't see this in the summer. I don't give a shit if a lot if the fan base wanted him to stay, clearly the judgement of the fans can't be trusted but thye should know better

Hey, don't tar everyone with the same brush. Some of us wanted him out a long time ago!
Some of us saw it for what it is!

Everyone came to the same conclusion at their own speed, INEOS’ is glacial slow.

The cost thing doesn't make any sense either considering we stand to lose a lot more by not making top 4/5.

I actually think there's a couple of key decision makers in this new set-up that are still against sacking him. That's the only explanation left, really. I doubt it's all of them, but this is the only thing that makes sense.
Top 4 is a long shot at this point (currently 7/1) so it's not that simple sadly.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZkqQsREFg

We wanted this version of ETH and his tactics adapted to United & our players. That deserves to have full support, current ETH deserves full support also, but the thing is he has had it. We haven't seen him fix the major flaws that have hindered our development and throttled our results.

Managers deserve also to get sacked if their work hasn't been up to standard. And up until now, our standards haven't been met.

2-1 v Brighton (h)
4-0 v Brentford (a)
6-3 v City (a)
3-1 v Villa (a)
3-2 v Arsenal (a)

7-0 v Liverpool (a)
2-0 v Newcastle (a)
1-0 v Brighton (a)
1-0 v West Ham (a)

0-2 v Spurs (a) PL
1-3 v Arsenal (a) PL
1-3 v Brighton (h) PL
0-1 v Palace (h) PL
0-3 v City (h) PL
0-1 v Newcastle (a) PL
0-3 v Bournemouth (h) PL
0-2 v West Ham (a) PL
3-4 v Bayern (a) CL
2-3 v Galatasaray (h) CL
3-4 v Copenhagen (a) CL
0-1 v Bayern (h) CL

1-2 v Forest (a) PL
1-2 v Fulham (h) PL
1-3 v City (a) PL
3-4 v Chelsea (a) PL
0-4 v Palace (a) PL
0-1 v Arsenal (h) PL

1-0 v Fulham (PL)
0-3 v Liverpool (PL)
1-1 v Twente (EL)
0-3 vs Spurs (PL)

And away:

1-2 v Brighton (PL)
3-0 v Southampton (PL)
0-0 v Palace (PL)
3-3 v Porto (EL)
0-0 v Villa (PL)

It is…..unbelievable.

It really is complete madness. I know this keeps getting repeated but no other top club would have let this go on. In fact I'll go one step further and say I don't remember any club allow a coach to underperform for so long. Yet here we are.

I don't have any faith that he will be sacked, it just feels like there's not enough whispers like usual. Maybe that's because they've kept a lid on things, but I doubt it. But this absolutely is the point now where he should be sacked. If performances were discussed for even a second today, then the topic was surely raised. From there, how can anyone come up with a reason to keep the guy? There should only be one outcome today. Practically everyone is expecting him to get sacked, it's just unbelievable to think it might not actually be happening and that the guys running the club are the only ones not thinking the same thing as the rest of us.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZkqQsREFg

We wanted this version of ETH and his tactics adapted to United & our players. That deserves to have full support, current ETH deserves full support also, but the thing is he has had it. We haven't seen him fix the major flaws that have hindered our development and throttled our results.

Managers deserve also to get sacked if their work hasn't been up to standard. And up until now, our standards haven't been met.

He can’t play like he did with Ajax here remember, he doesn’t have the players.

These guys seem same as glazers.

no other top club would have ten hag till now.

If it was the first season of his i would trust the process but cmon now.

These guys seem same as glazers.

no other top club would have ten hag till now.

If it was the first season of his i would trust the process but cmon now.

All evidence in the past suggests the Glazers would have sacked him when top 4 was unattainable last season.