Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think i'm changing my vote back to 'back'. Every other european club would sack him and move on and its definitely the rational approach but ...
Yeah i cant help it, I just think he's the manager we need and you have to force the players to work through it. Psychology, fitness, discipline, standards - I think the failure is primarily with the team wide position on these things. Ten Hag has kind of been banging on about them for 2 years, its seems to be his primary focus. I just like him, i want it to work, I think it can work so i'm going to channel my irrational, transfer muppet, lizard brain in to backing him despite all evidence to the contrary.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. It will be alright.

You'd imagine if they've decided to pull the trigger then they're going to need to tell him... Which will take some time while they faff about with a settlement agreement.

So I'd imagine even if we get news, it'll be tomorrow earliest.

The fact that we have no news till now makes me think he's actually getting sacked.

If they're going to keep him then there's nothing to be done, someone will brief the press and that's it. Sacking him means they need to speak with him first before making a statement. I think they want to avoid leaking the news before talking to him because it'd reflect badly on them.

I think i'm changing my vote back to 'back'. Every other european club would sack him and move on and its definitely the rational approach but ...
Yeah i cant help it, I just think he's the manager we need and you have to force the players to work through it. Psychology, fitness, discipline, standards - I think the failure is primarily with the team wide position on these things. Ten Hag has kind of been banging on about them for 2 years, its seems to be his primary focus. I just like him, i want it to work, I think it can work so i'm going to channel my irrational, transfer muppet, lizard brain in to backing him despite all evidence to the contrary.
This is an example of Stockholm Syndrome.

Last season: Wolves, Spurs, Forest, Arsenal, Brighton, Burnley, Palace
This season: Fulham, Brighton, Liverpool, Southampton, Palace, Spurs, Villa

Significantly harder start this season including against two top 4 teams. Yet we have a better GD now. Position wise it looks worse but that's not something we can control. Teams around us are winning/losing more now than drawing. That's more a flaw in the points system than anything else.

I don’t know how anyone can think he’s what we need at this point. The club got it wrong, we as fans got it wrong, it’s alright to admit a mistake. He’s simply not the guy.

Significantly harder start this season including against two top 4 teams. Yet we have a better GD now. Position wise it looks worse but that's not something we can control. Teams around us are winning/losing more now than drawing. That's more a flaw in the points system than anything else.

Key difference last season is Spurs and Arsenal were away. Losing both those games was disappointing but it wasn't a disaster.

Meanwhile this season we've had Spurs and Liverpool at home... 3 or 4 points is what you'd hope for.

Damn it, heh, nobody thought we should change the points system before we can consider changing the gaffer, heh

In order to find last time we had a goal difference better than +1 (so +2 and more) you have to go back to 22/23 season. Also, we've only had +1 goal difference on few occassions - that was only 4 times: for one week after that lucky 1-0 win over Wolves on opening day of 23/24 season; for one week after 2-1 win at Luton in February; for 2 weeks after 4-2 win over Sheffield United in April; for one week after 1-0 win over Fulham on opening day of this season. So only for 5 weeks we had positive goal difference since last season started, and at no point had goal difference that was better than +1 since 22/23 season. That's almost year and a half. Year and a half.

Think just these stats should be enough for club to part ways with him. It can't be this poor surely.

The fact that we have no news till now makes me think he's actually getting sacked.

If they're going to keep him then there's nothing to be done, someone will brief the press and that's it. Sacking him means they need to speak with him first before making a statement. I think they want to avoid leaking the news before talking to him because it'd reflect badly on them.
Or it could be the case they feel under no obligation to make a statement of any kind unless there's something to announce.

@Skills that erosion thread is evergreen. Fair play

You'd imagine if they've decided to pull the trigger then they're going to need to tell him... Which will take some time while they faff about with a settlement agreement.

So I'd imagine even if we get news, it'll be tomorrow earliest.
Also would need to communicate with NYSE after informing EtH.

If there was no possibility of sacking him, the club would have categorically shut down the rumours over the last couple of days, rather than having reporters waiting outside their office to conclude their meeting.

If the result of the meeting concluded that Ten Hag stays, you'd expect they would want the message out to the journos quickly rather than allowing them to speculate for the rest of the week.

So, to me, no news is good news. It could mean they're going to try sound out other managers over the next day to see who is likely available before they pull the trigger, it could mean they want to speak to Ten Hag before the news gets out.

Gut feeling is still that he's gone this week.

If ETH does stay on then I think it says that INEOS clearly have a number one target who they're unable to get at this time but one they're more than confident of getting in the summer.

Well get an interim for now then

759 refreshes of this page today, and for nothing!

Can you please put me in touch with your dealer?

If they aren’t briefing that he’s staying then you have to think he’s gone - unless the goal is to completely undermine his position yet again after the summer. If I was a betting man I’d bet on a morning statement.

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

“As a regular gathering of the committee, no communication would normally be issued afterwards unless a major decision had been taken. After the meeting’s conclusion, staff at the club had no indication that this had occurred. Yet the Ratcliffe-controlled football department, which is led by Ashworth, could still take the decision to remove Ten Hag in the coming days”

Let me translate this article for you.

“I have a low level contact within the club who hasn’t heard anything. I’m going to cover my bases and say that he might still be sacked but I had to write an article because my editor was nagging me”