Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If ETH does stay on then I think it says that INEOS clearly have a number one target who they're unable to get at this time but one they're more than confident of getting in the summer.

Are you sure ?
Wasn't there a match away where they were 2-0 up and we somehow won 3-2.
Then Frank mentioned the small Brentford vs the big Manchester united
Nope. There was a game we won 3-1 at Brentford after which he made that comment but Rangnick was our manager already.

If ETH does stay on then I think it says that INEOS clearly have a number one target who they're unable to get at this time but one they're more than confident of getting in the summer.
Yeah but it still wouldn't make any sense not to replace him with an interim in the meantime. We are literally in freefall in the PL and in Europe.

Every time I hear about that Ibiza meeting I imagine Sir Dave was sent over there to sack Ten Hag but then ended up eccied off his tits with him in a club at 4 in the morning telling him he loves him and he can have a new contract.

Was in meetings most of the afternoon so only catching up now. Not much to catch up to, as expected.

When you left said meetings, did your body language on exiting indicate that any sort of decisions had been made? :confused:

Any journalists been able to tell us what the catering at the meeting was like? Could be a clue in there.

This club is actually dead. It should just retire itself from the footballing side and announce itself as something else.
Yup. I said the same the other day. Just keep the shop open for old kits and eth toby jugs.

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s something we should presume. There are plenty of managers who could take over on interim basis and be content with that.

If we are keeping him it’s because they are happy with him and are either backing him to turn things around, or perhaps are just simply happy with results and not expecting much more than what he has delivered so far. I genuinely believe they are OK with this season.

Real would have sacked him after that 7-0

Real would have sacked him after a month. 1 win in 4 matches where one was a complete dismantling by Brenford is not something Real Madrid would have accepted.

Is it normal for managers to feck off on holiday during an international break?

Very. Deserved too, in most cases.

No, Dawson and Reddy both reported about Ten Hag briefly speaking to Ashworth or whoever after the game, and based on that thinking he wasn't about to be sacked.

But then Hag is such a 'difficult personality' I dont think he'd be able to red between the lines with these kinds of things anyway.

"So Erik, we are having a meeting and it's not looking good for you chap"

"Heh, not to worry, I will be on vacation, hehe. I don't need to attend."

"What I am saying is that your future here might not be that long"

"Heh, my plan is to be here for a few more years. Heh, I know you want me longer, heh."

"Well what I am getting at is that you might get sacked"

"Don't worry, heh, I bought a new suitcase a week ago, I don't need a sack, you can keep that".

I honestly don't know how I feel. I do want Ten Hag to succeed but little progress is made.

What I think now, is maybe calmness is required,. Hopefully this is a thing of ''It's going to get worse before it gets better''.

We all want United to succeed. Let's ride out this storm.

We've been riding out this storm since May 8, 2013

Every time I hear about that Ibiza meeting I imagine Sir Dave was sent over there to sack Ten Hag but then ended up eccied off his tits with him in a club at 4 in the morning telling him he loves him and he can have a new contract.
This is more than likely what happened.

Or they are gonna make as much of a mess of Manchester United as they did Team Sky in cycling.

I doubt people will go to watch Man Utd , if Erik is not fired and we keep losing ..
Maybe the locals will, but people from all over the world won't be coming to get thrashed by West Ham

5 games without a win and that's 11 games into the season (counting Community Shield). Liverpool loss, Twente performance, Spurs performance before Bruno's red card and bottling 2-0 lead at Porto should be enough, especially after everything we saw last season.

We've got negative goal difference (again!) and 8 points in 7 league games. It's his 3rd season not his 3rd month in charge. He's got no more excuses.

Being on holiday while the team is sh1t was actually the last straw for Nagelsmann at Bayern, then they wanted to tell him in person and by the time it happened it already leaked out and they were criticised for bad style.

Real would have sacked him after a month. 1 win in 4 matches where one was a complete dismantling by Brenford is not something Real Madrid would have accepted.

"Heh, my plan is to be here for a few more years. Heh, I know you want me longer, heh."

"Don't worry, heh, I bought a new suitcase a week ago, I don't need a sack, you can keep that".
Erik Nice but dim :lol:
Edit : You may need to be old to get this reference.

This club is actually dead. It should just retire itself from the footballing side and announce itself as something else.
I think we should spin off into a marketing agency. Just keep 2-3 footballers on contract to promote different products. Seems to be the only part of the club that’s functioning.

5 games without a win and that's 11 games into the season (counting Community Shield). Liverpool loss, Twente performance, Spurs performance before Bruno's red card and bottling 2-0 lead at Porto should be enough, especially after everything we saw last season.

We've got negative goal difference (again!) and 8 points in 7 league games. It's his 3rd season not his 3rd month in charge. He's got no more excuses.

Trust the process man, there is a plan in place

No, Dawson and Reddy reported about Ten Hag briefly speaking to Ashworth or whoever after the game, and coming away from the game thinking he wasn't about to be sacked.

But then Hag is such a 'difficult personality' I dont think he'd be able to read between the lines with these kinds of things anyway.

No Sir, you are incorrect:

Dawson - According to ESPN's Rob Dawson, the powers that be at Manchester United have privately admitted that they "really don't want to sack" Ten Hag. After emphatically committing to the divisive head coach in the summer, it would be "embarrassing" to part ways after less than two months of the new campaign.

Ornstein - The feeling for now is all remains calm. The feeling is for now all is calm and they do want Eric Ten Hag to continue. It is inaccurate that he has lost the dressing room. However the pressure is clearly growing. (this is from his NBC interview).

Melissa Reddy - The club will be more 'measured' in their decision toward Eric Ten Hag.

Melissa didnt spell it out like the former two but certainly showed caution toward the sack per the soundbites she was given. Pointing to defensive records and the thought that the problems were psychological and not tactical. This is information she's given.

Also - there's absolutely no need to give any statement he's if he's staying. I disagree with that. They backed him publicly a couple of games ago after backing him in the summer. A statement is made only if that changes.

Per above I think the credible journalists are pretty well briefed on where the stance is right now.

I doubt people will go to watch Man Utd , if Erik is not fired and we keep losing ..
Maybe the locals will, but people from all over the world won't be coming to get thrashed by West Ham
Best argument I’ve heard for keeping him, be nice to get tickets more easily.

What would indicate a decision has been made based off people getting into cars? :confused:
tumblr_nekm4ajomW1tk32v7o1_500.gif

I think i'm changing my vote back to 'back'. Every other european club would sack him and move on and its definitely the rational approach but ...
Yeah i cant help it, I just think he's the manager we need and you have to force the players to work through it. Psychology, fitness, discipline, standards - I think the failure is primarily with the team wide position on these things. Ten Hag has kind of been banging on about them for 2 years, its seems to be his primary focus. I just like him, i want it to work, I think it can work so i'm going to channel my irrational, transfer muppet, lizard brain in to backing him despite all evidence to the contrary.

Hilariously funny mate. You should definitely consider a career change