Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We wouldn't get a new manager before Arsenal and City and would probably not fire ten Hag after these games as we basically have no expectations in these games anyway. Even if we lost 5-0 to Arsenal and 6-0 to City it will be just another day in the office, 'lads played well, individual mistakes' kind of thing.
Yeah it really seems as though he can get away with it. There’s barely any level of shit left to go to. We fail to beat fodder in Europe, lose any remotely difficult game and get battered by our rivals. Any slight break in this like a 0-0 against Villa seems to save him. The FA Cup win seems to have bought him an entire season.

I've decided we should keep him, a relegation battle could be fun. I mean anything's better than midtable obscurity- that said media will still love talking about us, though...I guess. But yeah a relegation battle. It would be fun

I can't help but feel it's nonsense.
I do not think it is necessarily inaccurate per se, but all of this was partly the result of the fact that Fergie’s retirement decision (made on Christmas) was kept in secret by himself and by others for a long time. Apparently he only told Gill in February (when Gill himself told Fergie that he is leaving) and most other people at the club did not know until April, shortly before public announcement . As a result, we started looking for a replacement very late in the season and by that time most top managers on the move were already bound for the next season.

I mean Fergie earned the right to handle his retirement however he wished, he had his reasons and our lack of structure was not on him. But I am sure that at Christmas time basically everyone from the list was still available (the earliest to drop was Pep who signed mid-Jan with Bayern).

And regarding Pep - I know that some might blame him for not calling Fergie/remembering his words, but honestly it is on organisation to proactively hunt and call potential top employees regardless of what was said in private conversations.

Were it announced early in the year & had we started calling top managers immediately - am sure that we would have landed our 1st/2nd choice.

Yeah it really seems as though he can get away with it. There’s barely any level of shit left to go to. We fail to beat fodder in Europe, lose any remotely difficult game and get battered by our rivals. Any slight break in this like a 0-0 against Villa seems to save him. The FA Cup win seems to have bought him an entire season.

Yeah standards are completely on the floor

He is still here....:smirk:

On another note: some of you are so pathetic and disingenuos with the "trophies" defense. You have to weigh everything in terms of the money spent on wages and transfers. Compared to our outlay our return has been poor. For context, Liverpool won 2 FA cups, 2 League cups, one CL and one Europa in the first decade of the century. Was anyone calling it a successful period for them? We were all making fun of them for spending more than us on transfers and not doing much in the league. Now that the tables have turned, are we supposed to brag about these trophies we called the "mickey mouse cups"? Heck, they won three trophies in a season and we called it a mickey mouse treble.

It has to be now. You are never going to get more evidence that a manager isn’t fit for purpose than he has given. Thousands and thousands of awful minutes.

Please don’t write off yet another season. There is no benefit whatsoever.

I'm imagining the board meeting scene from Alpha Papa:
Just sack Pat Eric.

The words from the great man himself, only LVG was suspect:

Ferguson writes: "I asked Pep to phone me before he accepted an offer from another club but he didn't and wound up joining Bayern Munich in July 2013. When we started the process of looking for my replacement, we established that several very desirable candidates were unavailable. It became apparent that Jose Mourinho had given his word to Roman Abramovich that he would return to Chelsea, and that Carlo Ancelotti would succeed him at Real Madrid. We also knew that Jurgen Klopp was happy at Borussia Dortmund and would be signing a new contract. Meantime, Louis van Gaal had undertaken to lead the Dutch attempt to win the 2014 World Cup."

That's a load of guff to be fair. I've no idea how this myth persists.

He didn't know he was leaving when he had lunch with Pep, and Pep agreed to join Bayern before Fergie did decide to retire.

Kloop said he was never offered the job in 2013

Fergie only met with Ancelotti months after telling Moyes not to renew his contract in February because in Fergies words if he was out of contract it would ''make it easier for United''.

Moyes was Ferguson's first choice.

Good that they had enough time to run it in slow mo to really ramp up the drama.
Be hilarious if all they discussed was regular admin items and ETH wasn’t even a subject. A slo-mo of them leaving and all that is announced are more job cuts to the cleaning department.

At this point they’d be best off announcing job cuts to the head coach department. “United will cut the head coach position and save 15m a year. The players will just do whatever the feck they want in training and on the pitch, which is what the board concluded is basically happening anyway”.

I think we will go far in one of the cups (League Cup more likely than the other two). I could see us getting to EL quarterfinal or even semifinal which would easily earn him next season. Might win League Cup if others teams decide to focus on league/CL.

I do not think it is necessarily inaccurate per se, but all of this was partly the result of the fact that Fergie’s retirement decision (made on Christmas) was kept in secret by himself and by others for a long time. Apparently he only told Gill in February (when Gill himself told Fergie that he is leaving) and most other people at the club did not know until April, shortly before public announcement . As a result, we started looking for a replacement very late in the season and by that time most top managers on the move were already bound for the next season.

I mean Fergie earned the right to handle his retirement however he wished, he had his reasons and our lack of structure was not on him. But I am sure that at Christmas time basically everyone from the list was still available (the earliest to drop was Pep who signed mid-Jan with Bayern).

And regarding Pep - I know that some might blame him for not calling Fergie/remembering his words, but honestly it is on organisation to proactively hunt and call potential top employees regardless of what was said in private conversations.

Were it announced early in the year & had we started calling top managers immediately - am sure that we would have landed our 1st/2nd choice.

Rene Muelensteen said on a programme with Sam Allerdyce that Fergie was allowed to pick his successor, but that he was in no way involved in anything football related from the moment he retired - and that he felt that was very odd given Gill had left and there was a desperate need for consistency. Muelnesteen and the staff basically expected Fergie to mentor Moyes - and Fergie did too - but for some reason the club wasn't interested in that.

If this meeting ends up with ETH staying that this will be as deflating as when the Roy siblings arrived to Way star only to come to realization that they are only a bunch of frauds.

Why does he point out that they were in the same car?

Is he trying to insinuate that they have left the meeting as a gay couple?