Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
They'll be hoping that he can somehow claw a 4th place finish. It's not impossible due to only being 6 points behind.

It's looking like it'll be a fight for 4th between Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs and United. The last two being outside bets at the moment.

The standards are so low... that a 4th place finish on around 67 points would be seen as an achievement 3 years in.

Horrible situation to be in as a fan. Being stuck with a manger many don't like or respect. But a portion of the fanbase brought this on themselves.

They'll be hoping that he can somehow claw a 4th place finish. It's not impossible due to only being 6 points behind.

It's looking like it'll be a fight for 4th between Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs and United. The last two being outside bets at the moment.

The standards are so low... that a 4th place finish on around 67 points would be seen as an achievement 3 years in.

Horrible situation to be in as a fan. Being stuck with a manger many don't like or respect. But a portion of the fanbase brought this on themselves.

It's not impossible to finish 4th for a competent coach. Under Ten Hag we're getting nowhere near 4th. It's not even like we've had a tough start to the season.

Even the owners won't be able to ignore how bad our form has been for the last 18 months.

I don’t think he’s getting sacked. If he was there would be news coming out. Every journalist is just guessing.

I don’t think he’s getting sacked. If he was there would be news coming out. Every journalist is just guessing.

Well, until the meeting is done absolutely nobody outside of that room is going to know.

There's no way he's getting the boot two months in a new season after they publicly backed him and renewed his contract in the summer. It will be a results need to improve but we believe we have the right team in place to achieve them, or words to that effect.

Maybe our insider Treblechamp can shed some light on the situation.
Hopefully that friend of his suffers a horrible life. If he even existed.

INEOS did seem to settle on keeping him when other avenues didn't pan out. Had to go crawling back.

There's no way he's getting the boot two months in a new season after they publicly backed him and renewed his contract in the summer. It will be a results need to improve but we believe we have the right team in place to achieve them, or words to that effect.
Wasn't a renewal, they simply triggered an extension in his existing deal.

Big day today. Basically a public announcement of weather the club cares about football performance under the new ownership.

Under the Glazers they admitted they didn't.

If we keep ETH that's Ineos admitting they don't either. So it's a big fecking day all things considered

They might make the wrong decision, but it won't be because they don't care about performances. The likes of Ashworth and Berrada didn't join to lead a football shit show. It's their reputation on the line as well.

Who would be that right manager for you?
Anyone but Southgate haha.

Depends who we can get as the best ones are in work. Alonso might not be gettable. Frank would be a good choice, but big step up from Brentford. I'm not sure Tucel would work under our new structure, he would want full control.

Plot twist, Ashworth and Wilcox to be fired for failing to support Erik.

If there was a chance he could go today then the bigger journos would know and would make a big deal out of it. I think the small journos are just looking for something to make a story out of here. If it was a genuine review then I think he'd be gone, because it'd look stupid to stick with him again. But I don't think they're even bothered about Ten Hag really. The tidbits about concerns over CL etc is just shit they're putting out to satisfy us lot that aren't happy.

Exercised a 1 year option. Not really a new contract.

I bet we get nothing. There wasn't really a grand announcement when he stayed on during the summer so I'm not sure why, unless he's getting the sack, the club would even bother to confirm that he's staying.

I just don't understand it. Anyone can see that we're going nowhere. It's not kneejerk at this point to even say that, we've been showing relegation form for 18 months ffs, and it wasn't like we were world beaters with a clear philosophy under Ten Hag in the first season either.

If there was a chance he could go today then the bigger journos would know and would make a big deal out of it. I think the small journos are just looking for something to make a story out of here. If it was a genuine review then I think he'd be gone, because it'd look stupid to stick with him again. But I don't think they're even bothered about Ten Hag really. The tidbits about concerns over CL etc is just shit they're putting out to satisfy us lot that aren't happy.

The biggest sports media company in the country and a bloody terrestrial news channel both have cameras outside the meeting. I think it's fair to say journos are making a big deal of it.

Sure. I agree.

It's just that keeping someone as an interim risks the Ole situation from happening all over again.
Biggest issue with Ole was giving him the job after those 10 wins. If we stuck to our guns and reviewed it at the end of the season I don't think we would have kept him as we dropped off at the end of the season.

If Ruud gets a appointed as interim till the end of the season, we need to be very clear and stick to that.

My thoughts exactly, the journos would’ve been briefed. There’s no way someone like Ornstein wouldn’t have reported earlier today that ETH is on the verge of being sacked.

Yeah, he is staying. Journalists would know if he was getting fired. Even if Ineos can keep a lid on it, usually agents of potential replacments would have leaked the news.

A year before his existing contract was due to expire. That was a vote of confidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even think about firing him at all. He's got them all under his spell.

It is another 9m spent on him, so kinda a new contract. Which was totally idiotic to do, much better managers than him entered the season in their final year of contract.

By the way, by all reports, we activated the clause only after he rejected a contract extension. Which shows that our new management is somehow even more stupid than the previous one, which is an achievement in itself.

Biggest issue with Ole was giving him the job after those 10 wins. If we stuck to our guns and reviewed it at the end of the season I don't think we would have kept him as we dropped off at the end of the season.

If Ruud gets a appointed as interim till the end of the season, we need to be very clear and stick to that.
Absolutely. We went to shit after beating PSG away. Ole had a brutal 11 months of form until Bruno was signed and lockdown happened.

ten Hag has somehow managed to get away 19 months of terrible form.

When do we think someone reliable will tell us that either he’s definitely staying or he definitely isn’t?

I keep checking for news today but I doubt we’d find out so immediately after the meeting

Such an incompetence in a ruthless billionaire world is really weird and unexplainable to me.

Is anyone else annoyed he's gone on holiday?

His job is probably safe, yet the performances have been utterly abject, so why isn't he working with the coaching staff, and players (many not going as we've been so bad) on trying to improve things?
Maybe time off at this point to recharge after a hectic start IS the best way to improve?

Such an incompetence in a ruthless billionaire world is really weird and unexplainable to me.

Agreed. And Ratcliffe is a real self made billionaire too. Not like Malcolms kids who just inherited it.

Maybe time off at this point to recharge after a hectic start IS the best way to improve?

Wrong and the same tripe that has been spun for the last 10 years of failure.

Him laying on a beach on holidays WILL NOT make us a better team. That only happens with hard work on the training pitch and in the tactical room.